Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation - Jobs/Vacancies (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation (1807792 Views)

How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland / House Please Help!!! Is This A Scam Interview? / Scam Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (269) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by klassd(m): 8:36pm On Jun 30, 2017
john4reala:
No try am oooooo !!!! GNLD

Thank you
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Lorenx(m): 12:33pm On Jul 01, 2017
please Nairalanders help me confirm this invite, I saw there advert on the guardian, I sent my name, course of study and location (ojo), then they sent this few days later, notice d same LGA.

We're currently recruiting different categories of workers for various companies in Lagos.Salary package is very attractive.U're 2 come with ur cv 4 interview on monday b/w 9am & 2pm at our recruitment office@KM 5 LASU-IBA Rd, Beside Events Gallery,By Ipaye B/Stop,Iba, Ojo-Lagos.FROM:J.A.C RECRUITMENT
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by mixmic: 3:03pm On Jul 01, 2017
Please, could anybody on this platform received the message below and how genius it is?...

You have been invited for a Job Interview/Seminar on Thurs 6/7/17 by 11am with Sales Craft Ltd at 5th Avenue, R Close, House 11, Festac Town Lagos. Send a Confirmation Message to get a Seat Reservation Number
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by OlaRolls(m): 4:03pm On Jul 01, 2017
Hello Nairalanders
I am Olarolls based in Osogbo.
I want to show you a wonderful opportunity where 5600 naira only place you above hunger and poverty.
Am talking of MASSIVE GLOBAL FOOD NETWORK.
We are all aware of the economic situation in Nigeria where the cost of living has greatly increased especially food stuffs. Hence the creation of this scheme.
Note this please, this is NOT a PONZI scheme, it is well structured in such a way that every one earns and get to the next stage with the right motivation which comes in form of bonuses, cash, trips abroad, brand new cars, incentives and food stuffs.
You wish to join and need more light please connect me via WhatsApp- 0803 727 2006
You're welcome...
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by judith989(f): 9:03pm On Jul 01, 2017
WOULD YOU LIKE TO WORK AND STUDY?

WOULD YOU LIKE TO WORK FROM HOME?

Kreative_Minds has vacancies for persons who are creative, Willing to work part-time and experienced in the following areas

1. GRAPHICS DESIGNING: Photoshop editing, logo design, business and cards design, e.t.c

2. WRITING: creative writing (short stories, poems,) article writing and rewriting, business writing, research writing e.t.c

3. BUSINESS: Presentation design, business plans, e.t.c

4. WEB DEVELOPMENT: Desktop application development, web design, word press, e-commerce development, e.t.c

Application from Students and recent graduates will be most welcome. Simply send a copy of your resume, a cover letter stating what area you are interested in, and a draft of your work to

creativemindnj1@gmail.com

Applicants must be ready to have access to the internet 24/7. The pay is on a weekly basis and dependent on the volume of work done.

Deadline: July 30th
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by sample042(m): 11:41am On Jul 02, 2017
Pls, who knows aboyt this...

Dear Candidate,
INTERVIEW NOTICE (RBY763)
In respect to your job application.You have been shortlisted&invited for an interview session with the CEO, HighPillars INTL, tommorow,Mon 3rd July by 9AM
OFFICE:No 31 new market road(3rd Floor)opposite GMB microfinance bank,Bata junction,Onitsha
Come with your credential
Note:Successful Candidates would to assigned to the Branch in their residence location
Visit:www.highpillars.org
Contact Mgt:090-71688175
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by larryray26(m): 4:18pm On Jul 02, 2017
Does anyone know anything about Nycil limited in Ota. I have researched online and discovered it's a real company and what they do but I need to know if the interview is worth going for and anyone who has experience with them.
Please I need information
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by fillipelobos: 8:45pm On Jul 02, 2017
You have been shortlisted for the Business Analyst position at Sahel Capital Partners & Advisory Limited.We hereby inform you that a slot has been booked for your interview with us.However, we hereby request for an acknowledgement and availability status by sending in a return mail"FULL NAME" - "Invite Acknowledged and Available"Find the details of the interview below:Interview Type: In PersonInterview Time: 10:15 AMInterview Date: 13 July, 2017Venue: 14/43a Chris Maduike Drive, Lekki Phase 1, LagosWe look forward to hearing from you.Thank you---Kind regards,Recruiting Team

who knows sahel partners and capital ltd.

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by barongmj(f): 11:52pm On Jul 02, 2017
Pls, any1 has an idea of rallytrade? How legit is it
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by tobiolajutemo: 10:13am On Jul 03, 2017
tobiolajutemo:
Pls help me out with this...I need to know if this is a scam or real

Interview Invitation for post of Chemist/ lab analyst/fumigation personnel
AzmarineBerg Limited has reviewed your CV. We were quite impressed by your
background and would like to invite you to an interview.
Please come with 2 copies of your C.V. You are also advised to come with copies of all
necessary credentials.

I went for the interview and they are actually REAL and not SCAM ..

AZmarineberg is a reputable company and one of the most reliable government’s duly accredited ENVIRONMENTAL CONSULTANTS and is accredited by (NESREA, FMEnv, LASEPA, OGEPA and other world-class environmental protection agencies)...tanks everyone
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by fizzlin01: 1:37pm On Jul 03, 2017
Pls which company is BS Limited bcuz I got an interview message from them...pls put me through

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by rully2: 9:37pm On Jul 03, 2017
Hi guys. Please is there anyone here who can pls verify the authenticity of this company or otherwise. Got a mail and a text for an interview just this evening.

Thanks in advance.

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by uzomanny(m): 7:49am On Jul 04, 2017
rully2:
Hi guys. Please is there anyone here who can pls verify the authenticity of this company or otherwise. Got a mail and a text for an interview just this evening.

Thanks in advance.

I received a message from them too last month,the environment wasn't conducive for me..Imagine them giving u a key when you're pressed because their toilet is padlocked grin and no water to flush grin

After writing the test,a one-on-one interview was scheduled immediately,but I didn't wait for that,had to leave because I had a better offer

Regretted attending the interview after the person kept giving me wrong directions

You can give it a shot sha
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 04, 2017
WE ARE PLEASED TO INFORM YOU THAT YOU ARE AMONG THOSE SELECTED FOR OUR INTERVIEW ON WED 05/07/17 @ 8 THOMAS SALAKO STREET, OGBA BUS-STOP BY 9AM. 081*******

Pls who else for this and how real is it ??
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by uzomanny(m): 4:28pm On Jul 04, 2017
And these jobs sites wont help us filter scammers angry

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by oking4life: 4:53pm On Jul 04, 2017
Earn real money online by working as a part time job easily, earn up to 2500$ dollars weekly guaranteed join link

http://dayjob.online/?id=116509

You can withdraw through PayPal, Cheque, Western Union, Money Gram, bank transfer at end of every month.

Join Now
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by luswitz(f): 6:37pm On Jul 04, 2017
Pls I need help people. I just got an invite from WORKFORCE, pls how genuine are they?? Pls I need response b4 I enter one chance.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Alibzkenny: 8:26pm On Jul 04, 2017
Having submitted your cv in response to our advert for customer
service executives & sales executives, you are hereby invited for an
interview on Thursday 6th July 9:00am prompt.

Venue: Sheba Centre , 20 Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way, Ikeja, Lagos.
Kingsway Bus Stop.
Beside FCMB , Near Sheraton Hotel

NOTE:

Bring photocopy of your cv, credentials & your personality assessment
[Free or paid version]. Follow the instructions for your personality
assessment

Instructions for your personality assessment is as follow:
1. Go to www.true101.com and click temperament.
2. Sign-up for your page. Click & Run 101Disc.
3. Do the test following the instructions thereby and submit.
4. The free version of your personality assessment will be generated.
5. Click view report.
6. Print and bring to the interview.
7a. If you want the paid version, click pay now and follow the
payment process.
7b. After completion of payment, click view report then you will have
your full personality assessment. Print and bring it to the
interview.

Please all equiries should be through whatsapp , no phone calls

Thank you

Yinka Olaolopin

True101 Systems Ltd

Good evening everyone I just got how genuine are they
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Alibzkenny: 8:30pm On Jul 04, 2017
Good evening I just got n email from this evening. I will like to know how genuine the job is. Thank u.

Kingsway Bus Stop.

NOTE:

assessment

5. Click view report.
payment process.
interview.

Thank you

Yinka Olaolopin

True101 Systems Ltd

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Memunah(f): 9:32pm On Jul 04, 2017
luswitz:
Pls I need help people. I just got an invite from WORKFORCE, pls how genuine are they?? Pls I need response b4 I enter one chance.

They re genuine​..They recruit for firms ,I think mostly banks
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 12:09am On Jul 05, 2017
Alibzkenny:
Good evening I just got n email from this evening. I will like to know how genuine the job is. Thank u.

Kingsway Bus Stop.

NOTE:

assessment

5. Click view report.
payment process.
interview.

Thank you

Yinka Olaolopin

True101 Systems Ltd

Same with me
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by luqaz(m): 7:24am On Jul 05, 2017
Good morning Bro.
Please did you go for this interview
ojbanja:
WESTCORP LTD Selects you for an Assesment with the Head of Personnel on Thur,17/11/16 by 10am @6,deji odunuga street,off kehinde Odusote Estate.Anthony village.Lagos. DAMI-080-8519-0015.Kindly come with your updated CV
was there! ‎
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by ninochukwubrown(m): 9:20am On Jul 05, 2017
You are invited for an interview on Friday 14th July 2017
Venue : Avro Pharma ltd, Daid House,plot 2.Block J limca way. Isolo industrial estate oshodi apapa express way lagos
Time : 2pm

Got this interview invitation on sat last week. I have called the number and enquired and was told its genuine
Please i stay in porthacourt, anybody that knows lagos well should help me confirm the address . Also if anyone received such IV pls let me knw
Though am a pharmacist i knw Avro pharmaceutical well but not familiar with their location in lagos
Thanks
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by deardevil(m): 4:42pm On Jul 05, 2017
lekzy247:

How real is this?

pls I recently received their message today and due for interview tomorrow. ...... are they real
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by fortune5351(m): 11:42pm On Jul 05, 2017
Please is this a scam or its real?
You are hereby invited for an interview by 11am on the 6th of July at forte oil filling station Oniru lekki 1st roundabout lagos. Please affirm attendance via text From Tridex Logistics and Services ltd
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Emmatik(m): 12:09pm On Jul 06, 2017
You are invited for interview on 14th Jul'17 by 9am at CAPITAL EXPPRESS LTD, Presbyterian Church,Yaba,Lagos. Info: 0809661****/J**** Come with 2 Passports/CV

Pls how real is this?...I just got the SMS
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 06, 2017
Send ur CV to info@nigerianseminarsandtrainings.com or ttadeyemo@kaisteventures.com if you are a good webmaster with a degree in computer science/engineering /electrical engineering
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 06, 2017
LaurelP:
I have seen so many Nairalanders complaining and lamenting their ordeal in the hands of fake scam companies who invite people for interview only to introduce them to fake drug marketing business.
I'm doing this not only because these companies waste people's time, energy and T-fair going to such interviews, but also because most of these scammers extort money from hapless job seekers thereby making their suffering times two.
Imagine a scammer extorting #10,500 from a graduate who have been unemployed for years, not to talk of the transport fare wasted going to such fruitless interviews or job chat as they usually call it.
Some people even borrow money to pay these sheep in wolves clothing, who promise them heaven on earth. Some will tell you that you will make half a million within 1 month and all that. If you're not careful, you will take a loan that you will not be able to repay thus causing embarrassment and lack of rest of mind. An unemployed person should have only himself to worry about, not having debts also.

So I believe that if we are properly guided, we will not fall into the hands of these scammers.
Having said that, there are ways by which one can identify a fake or scam interview invitation and there fore avoid such waste of time and money. The good thing is that most of their messages come in the same format, so you will know its fake!

1. The message does not bear a company name: most of these scammers won't include their names on the message you will receive. All you will see are the address, the time and date and a phone number. A genuine company will not hide its identity from a potential employee.

2. The message will say "interview/job briefing": whatever job briefing means I don't know!
3. You will see a code or reference: something like "HR=0056" or "REF=002". This is an indication of the code number of the person who invited you to the "job briefing".
4. It will contain a phone number: this is the number of your referer. Most genuine companies don't give phone numbers.
5. You will see HR Admin in the message instead of company name
6. If you call their number, they will be reluctant to give info on the company.

And pls, ignore those people sharing job flyers on the streets, and those ones they paste on walls. Those are scammers and some ritualists too. And also most of these so called agencies are avenues for duping unsuspecting job seekers. Pls shine your eyes well well.
I will post the names of some of these fake companies/ agencies later.

Pls if you have any experiences inthe hands of these scammers kindly share it here so that others can learn and avoid them too. Thank you

Cheers!

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (269) (Reply)

Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 / Post Abuja Jobs Here / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.