Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,937 members, 7,952,771 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:48 PM

Is It Cool For A Husband To Always Send His Wife On An Errand? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Cool For A Husband To Always Send His Wife On An Errand? (5179 Views)

Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? / Man Catches Neighbour Having Sex With His Wife On His Matrimonial Bed In Lagos / Eniola Kashaam: They Said I Was Too Fat To Find A Husband But I Got The Best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Cool For A Husband To Always Send His Wife On An Errand? by bellong: 6:30pm On Aug 04, 2014
Amhappy: Chaiii This is typical of my husband. He will call me from the kitchen where i'm cooking to go buy him recharge card, get his phone from the room. Meanwhile he's at the parlour watching TV and is even closer to the room ooo. Even when i'm eating,errands no dey wait. I had to remind him once that i'm not his daughter.

Tell me this is a joke.... shocked shocked shocked

grin grin cheesy
Re: Is It Cool For A Husband To Always Send His Wife On An Errand? by Amhappy(f): 6:36pm On Aug 04, 2014
bellong:

grin grin cheesy
You no see the chaiii at the begining of my post. My dear no be joke oooo
Re: Is It Cool For A Husband To Always Send His Wife On An Errand? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 04, 2014
Amhappy: You no see the chaiii at the begining of my post. My dear no be joke oooo
Looks like I have jedi jedi undecided
Amhappy: You no see the chaiii at the begining of my post. My dear no be joke oooo
Looks like I have jedi jedi
Re: Is It Cool For A Husband To Always Send His Wife On An Errand? by bukatyne(f): 7:19pm On Aug 04, 2014
@OP,

Tell him in a calm manner you don't like it if you have issues with it
Re: Is It Cool For A Husband To Always Send His Wife On An Errand? by bukatyne(f): 7:20pm On Aug 04, 2014
bellong:

grin grin cheesy

I know of someone who was cleaning the house and hubby still sent her to buy beverage that he wanted to drink tea.
Re: Is It Cool For A Husband To Always Send His Wife On An Errand? by cococandy(f): 7:20pm On Aug 04, 2014
Both husband and wife should be able to do things for themselves.
Maybe the ones he sends her are those he feels are minor that won't need much physical strength.

I'm sure he must be doing the heavy lifting around the house by himself. Or does he send her too?
Re: Is It Cool For A Husband To Always Send His Wife On An Errand? by bellong: 7:49pm On Aug 04, 2014

Is he about 10years older than you?

bukatyne:
I know of someone who was cleaning the house and hubby still sent her to buy beverage that he wanted to drink tea.

In the voice of the ETT crew, that is an end time husband grin
Re: Is It Cool For A Husband To Always Send His Wife On An Errand? by beeevan: 7:55pm On Aug 04, 2014
Hia!! Sending for recharge cards kwa? Real okobioko!!

These are things that should have been corrected during courtship,nawaooh!!

1 Like

Re: Is It Cool For A Husband To Always Send His Wife On An Errand? by bukatyne(f): 7:57pm On Aug 04, 2014
bellong:

Is he about 10years older than you?

In the voice of the ETT crew, that is an end time husband grin

Bellong,

If you know what the average wife pass through say them marry?

Leave story for mathaias

If you talk now, you be feminist

I will open a thread later cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is It Cool For A Husband To Always Send His Wife On An Errand? by Saraha1(f): 7:59pm On Aug 04, 2014
God abeg no give me husband way go dey send me Errand oh.Abeg not with this bowleg oh.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Cool For A Husband To Always Send His Wife On An Errand? by cococandy(f): 8:03pm On Aug 04, 2014
You go jump bike go the errand na cheesy
Saraha1: God abeg no give me husband way go dey send me Errand oh.Abeg not with this bowleg oh.
Re: Is It Cool For A Husband To Always Send His Wife On An Errand? by egopersonified(f): 8:05pm On Aug 04, 2014
Thought someone opened a thread about ways your husband says I love you without saying it, this is just one of those ways.
Re: Is It Cool For A Husband To Always Send His Wife On An Errand? by Godmystrength: 8:18pm On Aug 04, 2014
egopersonified: Thought someone opened a thread about ways your
husband says I love you without saying it, this is just one of those
ways.
okay o
Re: Is It Cool For A Husband To Always Send His Wife On An Errand? by maclatunji: 8:34pm On Aug 04, 2014
angiemartinez: ok i was talking with my colleague some hours ago, and she said the only thing she hates in her hubby is the way he send her on errand every minute, like they are in the sitting room and the next thing is plug this fone for me. ok its ringing bring it for me, pls bring cotton bud from the room. oh i have hiccup get me water from the fridge. pls go and put on the gen, ok there is light now go and put off the gen. go and get fuel for the gen, etc.

is it really right for the man to just sit in one place when he is not crippled and ask his wife to do all of this?

to the women would you be submissive enough to always run d errand without grumbling?

It should not be a case of her being a house girl whilst the husband does nothing.

1 Like

Re: Is It Cool For A Husband To Always Send His Wife On An Errand? by bellong: 8:44pm On Aug 04, 2014
bukatyne:

Bellong,

If you know what the average wife pass through say them marry?

Leave story for mathaias

If you talk now, you be feminist

I will open a thread later cheesy

Some of those ladies experiencing chaos in their marriages cannot be pitied. Some were warned against marrying the evil they call husband but emotions and selfishness blocked their sense of reasoning. They have to live up to the consequences of their myopic choice.

That is not to downplay some who made innocent mistakes. However, my experiences with females show that majority of them never listened to good counsels till their eyes are opened.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Cool For A Husband To Always Send His Wife On An Errand? by bukatyne(f): 8:47pm On Aug 04, 2014
Can you blame them?

What do you think when a girl grows up in such environment? A girl saw her mother cheated on, beaten and yet she is seen to have a successful marriage.

Why should the girl's own be different?

bellong:

Some of those ladies experiencing chaos in their marriages cannot be pitied. Some were warned against marrying the evil they call husband but emotions and selfishness blocked their sense of reasoning. They have to live up to the consequences of their myopic choice.

That is not to downplay some who made innocent mistakes. However, my experiences with females show that majority of them never listened to good counsels till their eyes are opened.

1 Like

Re: Is It Cool For A Husband To Always Send His Wife On An Errand? by bellong: 8:57pm On Aug 04, 2014
bukatyne: Can you blame them?

What do you think when a girl grows up in such environment? A girl saw her mother cheated on, beaten and yet she is seen to have a successful marriage.

Why should the girl's own be different?

Yoruba says "Bi a bi ni, ko to ki a tun ara eni bi". "One must recreate his own destiny".

If their parents saw hell, it should be a challenge for them to do better.

Meanwhile, for those that enjoy the troubles in their homes, I think one shouldn't be bothered because they are comfortable with it. It only becomes awkward if one of the parties is not happy in the union.

The best one can do is to keep counselling those that are singles. It is left for them to listen or reject.

1 Like

Re: Is It Cool For A Husband To Always Send His Wife On An Errand? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Aug 04, 2014
Most likely housewives experience such. A woman who leaves the house very early and come back by 6 or 7pm and she's so tired,will her husband have the mind to send her on errands?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Cool For A Husband To Always Send His Wife On An Errand? by tpia1: 9:05pm On Aug 04, 2014
angiemartinez: ok i was talking with my colleague some hours ago, and she said the only thing she hates in her hubby is the way he send her on errand every minute,

She should keep discussing what she hates about her hubby until the people she's yapping to, take him off her hands.

Women and gossip. Later she'll blame her ancestral enemies for her predicaments.

1 Like

Re: Is It Cool For A Husband To Always Send His Wife On An Errand? by maclatunji: 9:15pm On Aug 04, 2014
tpia1:

She should keep discussing what she hates about her hubby until the people she's yapping to, take him off her hands.

Women and gossip. Later she'll blame her ancestral enemies for her predicaments.

#Classic tpia.
Re: Is It Cool For A Husband To Always Send His Wife On An Errand? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 04, 2014
bellong:

Thank you oh. I see it everyday, they go doing house girl pre marry, get the guy hooked with "wife material" stunts. On saturdays instead of hanging out and enjoying dating they will wake up at 5am, scrub the toilets, wash curtains, sweep, wash boxers and clothes, cook 6 types of soups and still give him mind blowing se-x pre marriage oh all to prove they are super women. See them boasting that they can never cook poundo yam and will pound yam for him and his 10 friends, who will eat leave dirty dishes for her to gladly pack and wash.
They willgo to his mothers house pack her clothes and hand wash, sweep her house wash all the plates, cook and scrub her kitchen, go to his elder brothers house, baby sit the kids, wash their clothes, hand wash their napkins, tomorrow when they finally marry the man mama becomes a witch.

My mother in law gisted me of one who was dating my husband, the lady came one weekend woke up at 5am and started cleaning, she jejerly told the lady to go back to sleep as all that one wasnt necessary and she had help, the lady no gree oh. Mama talk talk taya na so this girl insist, wetin Mama go talk, she went back to bed. Na so body dey scrath this babe say she wants to cook, Mama said its only her and her husband so they mostly eat out weekends, wahala. Mama said she was so uncomfortable with all the eye service but wetin she go talk.
When they broke up the girl was going around telling people that upon all she "did for mama" mama refused to talk to her son when they broke up. grin grin.

Its like some sickness, dont start what you cant finish, if the man married you because of all that eye service be ready to keep the eye service till death in total submission abeg

1 Like

Re: Is It Cool For A Husband To Always Send His Wife On An Errand? by bellong: 9:26pm On Aug 04, 2014
aisha2:
Its like some sickness, dont start what you cant finish, if the man married you because of all that eye service be ready to keep the eye service till death in total submission abeg

WORD!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Cool For A Husband To Always Send His Wife On An Errand? by damiso(f): 9:29pm On Aug 04, 2014
angiemartinez: ok i was talking with my colleague some hours ago, and she said the only thing she hates in her hubby is the way he send her on errand every minute, like they are in the sitting room and the next thing is plug this fone for me. ok its ringing bring it for me, pls bring cotton bud from the room. oh i have hiccup get me water from the fridge. pls go and put on the gen, ok there is light now go and put off the gen. go and get fuel for the gen, etc.

is it really right for the man to just sit in one place when he is not crippled and ask his wife to do all of this?

to the women would you be submissive enough to always run d errand without grumbling?

Instead of discussing with you on what she hates why not jokingly say to HER husband "but you are nearer the phone naa" in other words tell HIM.Sometimes its lighthearted ways you use to pass your displeasure across.If she was not home of course he would get his phone himself . Sometimes instead of grumbling to others just tell him.At least he is her husband.

That said there is nothing wrong in running errands for each other.Today hubby just helped me print out some documents from work as we ran out of ink in the printer last night while I helped him pick up his shirts from the dry cleaners and pay in a cheque at the bank..So in marriage you serve each other and ideally both parties should not actually be keeping tabs.

10 Likes

Re: Is It Cool For A Husband To Always Send His Wife On An Errand? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 04, 2014
Any man who will be ordering like that no start today. So I wont join in sob stories for this one
BE YOUR SELF WHILE DATING.

1 Like

Re: Is It Cool For A Husband To Always Send His Wife On An Errand? by pickabeau1: 9:43pm On Aug 04, 2014
tpia1:

Hahahahaha

@topic

I'm not sure how pervasive this is considering the exposure we have nowadays.it may just be exaggeration

In my opinion there is nothing wrong with a woman being domestic for a man age wants to marry.

That a partner does not care about such does not mean we should show contempt for those who help their partners with domestic duties
Re: Is It Cool For A Husband To Always Send His Wife On An Errand? by hayorbaami: 11:32pm On Aug 04, 2014
Saraha1: God abeg no give me husband way go dey send me Errand oh.Abeg not with this bowleg oh.

Oh my God, this got me in tears..lmao!

I'm not used to sending or running errands for people. While growing up, my parents were the only ones that sent us errands as they wished. We siblings had to be extremely nice to one another to get errands done. My elder sister used to act really nice and beg me before she could send me on her personal errands, I do the same too before sending my younger ones on personal errands, including the one I'm 6years older. I guess we were just brought up to do things ourselves and even if we had to send someone, it had to be done in the most considerate and courteous way.

I would find it very difficult to adapt to a husband that sends very petty personal errands, especially when it will be more convenient and reasonable if he does it himself.

Note- I'm referring to strictly personal errands like buying recharge cards, going to get a ringing phone, getting a remote, getting drinking water, charging of phone, and so on, things the sender can also conveniently do but feel the need to send another out of laziness or need to feel like the elderly one\boss.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Cool For A Husband To Always Send His Wife On An Errand? by Nobody: 1:05am On Aug 05, 2014
@ OP your colleague dey fear her husband

Can't she just tell him 'No . . . Mba di'm oma, I don't even have the strength to leave this my chair not to talk of bring phone' . . .

Do that to him once, twice and he will stop it. Or at least start putting please . . grin

Some men were brought up to be really lazy and it only gets worse when you encourage them!

That being said, my husband can seeeeend! Of cos I'm too lazy to run errands for him but I pity any visiting relative. Chei . . . It's sooo annoying. Of cos having at least 2 househelps while growing up contributed to making him lazy. He even learnt to send our 2YO. 'Go and bring my phone, go and keep this plate, go and bring the remote (which is 2feet away from him)' . . .

Most of us suffered these from our parents and I don't want my kids growing up to think it's normal. So I told him (in the most polite way possible) to stop that nonsense!!! angry
Re: Is It Cool For A Husband To Always Send His Wife On An Errand? by Saraha1(f): 2:25am On Aug 05, 2014
On a more serious note, most men are so lazy when it come to sending them on an errand even after using the word PLEASE. But when they want you to run errand for them , you need to see how they use command tune.
Re: Is It Cool For A Husband To Always Send His Wife On An Errand? by ireneidiva(f): 2:50am On Aug 05, 2014
mstik: I see many otapiapia comments grin
Well, the woman should be able to run some errands for her hubby
but when he turns her into house geh, that's when it's too much angry
BTW, is it not kids that are meant to be running errands like this?
Nobody deserves to run such silly errands.
Re: Is It Cool For A Husband To Always Send His Wife On An Errand? by tpia1: 3:00am On Aug 05, 2014
still give him mind blowing se-x pre marriage

which man will refuse that?

doesnt mean he will propose though. And if he does, then the sex must have been extra good.

at least for her, that will be "something to remember" like the song says. When she's running the errands.
Re: Is It Cool For A Husband To Always Send His Wife On An Errand? by Kanwulia: 4:14am On Aug 05, 2014
Nothing wrong. . . . . .BUT EXTREMELY LOCCCCCCCCCCAL!
Abi the husbands dey for wheelchairs? grin
Re: Is It Cool For A Husband To Always Send His Wife On An Errand? by Nobody: 5:28am On Aug 05, 2014
Perhaps the man is talkative and is always looking for opportunities to move his lips and exercise his vocal cords.

Perhaps also he feels she's lazy and needs to be extensively laboured to set her straight.

Perhaps...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stinking Pussies: Women Learn Your Hygiene! / Teething In Children, What You Should Know ..... / My Family's Story, (my Mum Won This Time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.