Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,506 members, 7,958,535 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 04:35 PM

Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. - Agriculture (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. (38181 Views)

The Chronicles Of An Enthusiastic Agriprenure / Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday / Short Report: How To Start Cat-fish Processing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by tempolistic: 9:16am On Jul 19, 2016
I have up to 1.5m at hand the truth is I love this fish farming I base in abj as I said the land I have is 25×50 which I have not even paid for it is not close to any swamp how den do I do eaten pond. Am thinking the water won't hold in the pond. Can you please advice me.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by amb2015(m): 3:41pm On Jul 19, 2016
pls house I am urgently in need of fingerlings in Portharcourt: 08063393168
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 7:52am On Jul 20, 2016
tempolistic:
I have up to 1.5m at hand the truth is I love this fish farming I base in abj as I said the land I have is 25×50 which I have not even paid for it is not close to any swamp how den do I do eaten pond. Am thinking the water won't hold in the pond. Can you please advice me.

what is the soil type? also why dont you search out marshy/swampy land since purpose is to raise fish
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by sagac10us: 3:45am On Jul 21, 2016
FOR YOUR QUALITY FINGERLINGS AND JUVENILES,
CONTACT SAGACIOUS FARM on 08137138189......
also
CATFISH OF DIFFERENT SIZES ARE AVAILABLE FOR SALE...... contact SAGACIOUS FARM on 08137138189 for your orders...... melange=#480 table size=#550 big(1.5 above)=#650 thanks
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by sagac10us: 3:47am On Jul 21, 2016
amb2015:
pls house I am urgently in need of fingerlings in Portharcourt: 08063393168

contact sagacious farm on 08137138189
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by gcey2k(m): 11:17am On Aug 29, 2016
akwala:
Lesson learnt.
1)don't expect much profit as a starter,if u make a loss nofin spoil.
2) don't cut cost when it comes to feeding. Also do not waste ur feed.
3) feeds that dissolve quickly gives little yield
4) constant water supply is very very important.
5) start small(500 pieces), start strong, be optimistic and be focused. Do it itself.(the secret is dat if it is not lucrative people will not still be doing the business)

Hello... Thanks a lot for this post. I will need to have a discussion with you regarding some issues you've outlined here. I will send you an email right away so we can exchange contact details...

@jam04 thanks for this thread and the work you have been doing... I have read every post here from the beginning and they've really been helpful in shaping my plans toward this Business.
Thanks again...
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jstemmanex(m): 2:10pm On Aug 29, 2016
Op, pls wat do u think I shld budget to feed 5000 fingerlins to either 300g or table size
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 9:24pm On Aug 29, 2016
gcey2k:

Hello... Thanks a lot for this post. I will need to have a discussion with you regarding some issues you've outlined here. I will send you an email right away so we can exchange contact details...

@jam04 thanks for this thread and the work you have been doing... I have read every post here from the beginning and they've really been helpful in shaping my plans toward this Business.
Thanks again...
You are welcome
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 9:26pm On Aug 29, 2016
jstemmanex:
Op, pls wat do u think I shld budget to feed 5000 fingerlins to either 300g or table size
400-450k
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by Sunnysteve009(m): 2:02am On Aug 30, 2016
@jam04 pls how many bags of feed can feed 1000 juvenilles to attain 1kg size, or how much should i budget per juvinilles to attain 1kg and what is the current price of juvinilles.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 6:43am On Aug 30, 2016
Sunnysteve009:
@jam04 pls how many bags of feed can feed 1000 juvenilles to attain 1kg size, or how much should i budget per juvinilles to attain 1kg and what is the current price of juvinilles.
Juvenile is 30naira per piece.. Budget 300k for feeding
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by Sunnysteve009(m): 10:41am On Aug 30, 2016
@jam04, thanks bro
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by omolomolarinero: 12:24pm On Aug 30, 2016
Are you interested in venturing into agro-entrepreneurship? Songhai Center is the place to be. Learn the development of integrated programs, resilient and multi-sector, that creates an interrelationship between agriculture, industry and services.

Join a group of inspiring farmers traveling to Songhai to experience first-hand integrated farming at its best on 23rd, 24th and 25th September, 2016 for a weekend of learning integrated farming, networking, relaxation & fun.

Dress code: Cowboy/Cowgirl casuals

Call 0701586695 or 08069726086 for enquiries and bookings

Tour packaged by @geomeridien and proudly supported #AfrcanLeadershipForum #AgribusinessForum

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 7:30am On Jun 22, 2017
*dustthread*
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 4:50pm On Jun 22, 2017
This just happened to a colleague farm...serious flooding

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 4:51pm On Jun 22, 2017
Wish there could be a good insurance package for farmers against loss like this

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by Babacele: 8:06pm On Jun 22, 2017
jam04:
Wish there could be a good insurance package for farmers against loss like this
yes there . The Nigerian Agricultural Insurance Commission, NAIC, does that.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by piagbara: 6:50pm On Oct 08, 2017
2500 post fingerlings and 4000 fingerlings available at Ades farm, contact 09037131248 for your order.

1 Like

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by 1kingwriter: 8:37am On Aug 27, 2020
Has the fish farms packed up?

What's the latest now -
# Profitability
# Using natural pond, concrete, tarpaulin or tanks
# Purchase prices of fingerlins, Melange,
# Sales prices - Melange, 1kg, 1.5kg etc
# Drying and selling
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 11:31pm On Aug 27, 2020
1kingwriter:
Has the fish farms packed up?

What's the latest now -
# Profitability
# Using natural pond, concrete, tarpaulin or tanks
# Purchase prices of fingerlins, Melange,
# Sales prices - Melange, 1kg, 1.5kg etc
# Drying and selling

Not as profitable as before again...unless you are ready to process
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by smithclito: 8:18am On Aug 28, 2020
jam04:
This just happened to a colleague farm...serious flooding

This is what happened when u established a business without proper consultation or wrong consultancy . Rain should never cause flooding in a pond if proper water level control system had been putting in place. seek the advise of professional before opening thing like this.
Good luck
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by Seidacrown: 11:14pm On Oct 15, 2020
Good evening everyone.
Please I need enlightening on the use of plant for treatment of water and also the use of hydrated lime.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by JustforMen: 5:29am On Oct 16, 2020
Seidacrown:
Good evening everyone.
Please I need enlightening on the use of plant for treatment of water and also the use of hydrated lime.
I know of using plants to cure fish diseases but not for water treatment.

We use plantain leaves to 'cure' our ponds before stocking.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 8:32am On Mar 02, 2022
How are your carfishes doing?

Profitable?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Start The New Planting Season With Our Cheap And Genuine Farmland / Local Rice And Paddy Rice From The Main Source / Floods Submerge Olam Rice Farm in Nasarawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.