Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,909 members, 7,814,074 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. - Agriculture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. (37348 Views)

The Chronicles Of An Enthusiastic Agriprenure / Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday / Short Report: How To Start Cat-fish Processing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 10:56am On Oct 21, 2015
Good morning
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by sham2007: 12:10pm On Oct 21, 2015
jam04:
Good morning

Afternoon sir, I love seeing em sales pix, please bring it on. Being surfing this thread since 15th gives some of us hope that we can do it too.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 12:45pm On Oct 21, 2015
sham2007:

Afternoon sir, I love seeing em sales pix, please bring it on. Being surfing this thread since 15th gives some of us hope that we can do it too.
I couldn't snap that day because i was on farm but i have pictures of previous sales on the thread
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 7:07am On Oct 26, 2015
2nd bus loading

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 10:00am On Oct 29, 2015
Got a call today from a new buyer.. Going to the farm to meet them. If we agree on pricing, i will update with pictures and progress.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 2:44pm On Oct 29, 2015
Network was so bad and its impossible to log onto internet. They got here 3 hours ago..

More updates coming

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 2:50pm On Oct 29, 2015
Pictures not uploading..does anyone know the reason?

UPDATE: pics now loading

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 7:49pm On Oct 29, 2015

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 9:12pm On Oct 29, 2015
Seun photos are not uploading. What could be wrong
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 9:13pm On Oct 29, 2015
We agreed on price and we sold for 550 naira per kilo. This is a good price
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 9:19pm On Oct 29, 2015
Boys preparing to start dragging

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 9:22pm On Oct 29, 2015
Dragging continues

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 5:35am On Oct 30, 2015
Here

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 5:40am On Oct 30, 2015
They bought 1.2 tons( 1014 pcs). They begged me not to sell the remaining as they are coming back on Sunday for 3 tons. When your fishes grow well and strong, fish retailers will always beg you and not the other way round

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 5:50am On Oct 30, 2015

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 5:59am On Oct 30, 2015
First batch loading
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 6:01am On Oct 30, 2015

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 9:23am On Oct 30, 2015
This is going by Sunday..booked and paid for

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 11:30pm On Oct 30, 2015
Tell me if you are not impressed?

1 Like

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 11:32pm On Oct 30, 2015
The pond houses 4500 fishes
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 1:57pm On Oct 31, 2015
Took two of these home to 'chop'

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 1:58pm On Oct 31, 2015
wink

1 Like

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jaz(m): 6:30pm On Nov 01, 2015
See enjoyment
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 7:09pm On Nov 01, 2015
jaz:
See enjoyment
You are invited.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by omoakin111: 7:41pm On Nov 01, 2015
pls how do you clean up the pond, i could see a pond in your farm filled with algae, do you have a water outlet or u just use pumping machine to remove the bad water.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by 400billionman: 7:42pm On Nov 01, 2015
Every Business has a secret.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 7:50pm On Nov 01, 2015
omoakin111:
pls how do you clean up the pond, i could see a pond in your farm filled with algae, do you have a water outlet or u just use pumping machine to remove the bad water.

That pond is empty, planning to stock it in 5 weeks time. There is an outlet and inlet door and water flow through is round the clock.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 9:01am On Nov 02, 2015
Good morning,
The aim of the thread is not to show off or display pride but to let doubting 'thomases' know its possible to invest in catfish farming and make good income as in cool CASH. What you see on the thread is what you will get if you strictly follow the principles i outlined in the thread. Catfish rearing is like 'gabbage in gabbage out' how you raise them is the same result you will get at the end of the day.
I always hammer it on any one who care to learn, they best place to raise your fishes is earthen pond, anyone who tell you anything contrary is not raising catfish to make money worthy of saving in the bank but to sustain himself or herself and manage till he sell another round in 5 or 6 months or how best can we describe a farmer who raised 2000 fishes and at the end of 6 months got a profit of 80k? Yes it is something and a success but have you pause to ask why another farmer makes 350k from the same number of fish after 6 months?

Also forget the misconception that only 'shooters' grow very well. That's one deception i have noticed on most catfish threads on NL. I do stock all my fingerlings and i get fantastic results in fact late bloomers most time grow well that these so called shooters. They tell you because you did not buy shooters that's why your fishes didn't perform well..LIE. They won't tell you that in a pool of 50k fingerlings, shooter population might be more than 2k or 3k, so does that mean 47k left are not worthy enough to be raised? Dust away this deception anytime you read it.

Do not introduce drugs unnecessarily. I was shocked when i read a post on a thread where the suppose 'expert' advised them to mix antibiotics with fish feed to avoid infections. I wanted to counter him on that but i withdraw because i don't want to be seen as enemy of 'progress'. The truth of the matter is that most of these 'experts' are failed farmers( i have bursted one on here before, he uploaded pictures of a colleague farm as his. I called him out and i haven't seen him discuss fish again..lol) or internet farmers. Na their mouth sweet pass, infact they can raise fish from fries to 2kg table size with their mouth and downloaded script from the internet but put them on a physical farm they mess up and ruin it. Baba olaniyan lost 47million( yes there are people who invest as much as this in catfish farming) to one of them internet 'guru'.
The additives added to fish feed have antibiotics, infact some of them are antibiotics on their own and you don't have to introduce external antibiotics to your fishes if you do not notice considerable infection spread in a pond.

In conclusion, any so called fish 'consultant' who says he can help you run your fish farm is a failed farmer or unsuccessful on his own farm or which successful farmer will leave his or her own farm and come over to manage another man's own? Don't fall for the ' i will put one of my staffs on the farm ' format. It is a scam, they are out to ruin and 'suck' you dry. The best consultancy is setup-train-transfer method. The consultant help set up the farm for you, train your recruited staff and transfer the management to your staff after some months. He or she isn't involved with the daily running of the farm but your staffs, they only need his or her expertise advice and supervision.

Happy farming

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 7:04am On Nov 03, 2015
We have fingerlings for sale...just 6000 pieces.

15 naira per one

Olayiwola farms
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by Babs612000(m): 3:11pm On Nov 03, 2015
Jesusbaby6:

the big pond you people are swimming in is how much and what is the size?
Hello please do you use wood or aluminium for the edges and whereby is your office?
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by Jesusbaby6(f): 3:58pm On Nov 03, 2015
Babs612000:
Hello please do you use wood or aluminium for the edges and whereby is your office?

Sorry i am not into pond construction, i was asking a question myself

1 Like

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 3:59pm On Nov 03, 2015
Its been raining and water level is high

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

My Step By Step Journey Into Poultry Business ( Pics) / Harvest From A Nairalander's Peasant Farm (pictures) / Imo Government To Revive ADAPALM Plantation (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.