Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,665 members, 7,823,883 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. (37413 Views)

The Chronicles Of An Enthusiastic Agriprenure / Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday / Short Report: How To Start Cat-fish Processing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 10:29am On Oct 17, 2014
healthy cat fishJuveniles are up for sale
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by metroy4x: 7:22pm On Oct 17, 2014
Catfish tablesize is ready for sale at #580 per kg, we don't sell less than 2000kg/2tons at a time.

Info : 08038886196
E-mail : metroy4x@yahoo.com
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 19, 2014
aguiyi:

guess you have guys who do this job. can you link me up. am planing to do it in Enugu, i already somebody tell me 300k, thats like twice the price were you are.

Is this skiny franscis?
Drilling of borehole in Enugu is expensive dts why most ppl use well. The state is on the top of a hill as the name signifies- ENU UGWU . To drill borehole here in anambra, u hit good water from100 to 150ft. Bt for Enugu, dts a diff ball game together.

I also know water corporation in Enugu is doing well, so if u dont have money to drill borehole at the moment, u can consider gettin many storage tanks if tap water runs regularly in ur area. Also test the tap water to see iits good for ur fish.

U can make more enquiries to see if u can get a better deal on d borehole.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 2:44pm On Oct 20, 2014
mercylicious:

Is this skiny franscis?
Drilling of borehole in Enugu is expensive dts why most ppl use well. The state is on the top of a hill as the name signifies- ENU UGWU . To drill borehole here in anambra, u hit good water from100 to 150ft. Bt for Enugu, dts a diff ball game together.

I also know water corporation in Enugu is doing well, so if u dont have money to drill borehole at the moment, u can consider gettin many storage tanks if tap water runs regularly in ur area. Also test the tap water to see iits good for ur fish.

U can make more enquiries to see if u can get a better deal on d borehole.

tap water is risky has it must have been treated with chlorine and/or some other chemicals harmful to the fish
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by eraly(m): 4:57pm On Dec 12, 2014
Johnnyessence:
hello my friends in d house pls av search some
distributors of fish feed in Oshogbo but I don't find
Zeigler feeds pls any where to find d feed in d state
pls advice is needed Thks or any where they are
selling it in kwara state ur reply pls.

Bro, pls ar u in kwara state/ilorin?

U mind if we meet?
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by Debesther: 11:26pm On Dec 12, 2014
Pls house.A fish farmer is owing me and his escuses is that d price of fish feeds has sky roket but the price fish still remain same even bellow,hence he can not sell his fishes for now.its it true?
Kindly inbox me bribointernational@gmail.com
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by Johnnyessence(m): 1:19am On Dec 13, 2014
@eraly no problem are u Ilorin base hmmmmm?
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by eraly(m): 6:55am On Dec 13, 2014
Johnnyessence:
@eraly no problem are u Ilorin base hmmmmm?

Am based in ilorin. Tanke to b precise
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by Johnnyessence(m): 4:01pm On Dec 13, 2014
@eraly that's great oooo am living too in tanke love to see u bro
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 7:58pm On Dec 13, 2014
Debesther:
Pls house.A fish farmer is owing me and his escuses is that d price of fish feeds has sky roket but the price fish still remain same even bellow,hence he can not sell his fishes for now.its it true?
Kindly inbox me bribointernational@gmail.com

Fish price is on the increase now...fish farmers are now smiling
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 11:28am On Dec 15, 2014
sold some tons of fish over the weekend and the sale price was encouraging. do you have an experience with fish retailers? i have a way of handling them and will share...
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by eraly(m): 4:47pm On Dec 15, 2014
jam04:
sold some tons of fish over the weekend and the sale price was encouraging. do you have an experience with fish retailers? i have a way of handling them and will share...

Pls share o bro. I cnt wait
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 1:06pm On Dec 22, 2014
The last time i sold, i sold to a fresh 'iya eleja'. it is worthy to note here that i dont sell to retaliers who buy less than 2 tonnes.. so any iya eleja that comes to farm is a big woman.
they like to bully you with the announcement of their presence( they arrive with 2 buses and plenty basins. they also have numerous staffs they)

they do not like to buy at farmer price. they like to buy at their own price, this is because they are 'hot cakes' in the industry, i.e plenty farmers are seeking them to sell to. the tactics they use here to first downgrade your product and make it seem they are not too healthy.

They will want to do fish sorting themselves.. this is where they rip off most farmers. how can you allow fish retailers to sort fishes for you?

i know you will be wondering the simple trick i use for them..huh?

I simply sort and put my fishes in a forwarding tank or concrete pond. this way the iya eleja's dont enter my farm and they only buy what i have sorted out. ofcourse we must have discussed the size and tonnage before they come over. dont wait for them to get to your farm before you sort your fishes out.

There is more and probably the biggest trick, i will share them in due course... waiting to hear your fish sales stories
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 12:41pm On Jan 14, 2015
the next level pond construction is going, a smart fish farmer will tap into it so as not to be left out. this pond method reduces cost and capital considerably. as you can all see from this picture. see water gushing, see fertile ground. smiley wink
be smart and choose wisely

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 12:42pm On Jan 14, 2015
it is worthy to note that water distribution is the most important during pond construction. most farmers dont know this, they put more effort on water quality
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jonyse: 5:04pm On Jan 14, 2015
@Jam04, kindly send a more detailed pics of the pond above with the water distribution.

Thank you
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by Johnnyessence(m): 7:12pm On Jan 14, 2015
waoooo this is great ooo I love d pond ooo but u don't net it why hmmmmm to avoid reptiles and birds try and net it oooo.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 8:16pm On Jan 14, 2015
jonyse:
@Jam04, kindly send a more detailed pics of the pond above with the water distribution.

Thank you
There is nothing hidden in the pond construction. What you are seeing is all what thats there to see. That water is an aquifer water.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 8:17pm On Jan 14, 2015
Johnnyessence:
waoooo this is great ooo I love d pond ooo but u don't net it why hmmmmm to avoid reptiles and birds try and net it oooo.
Those ones without net have no fingerlings yet.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jan 14, 2015
@jamp, is there no water outlet? what i see is only inlet into the earthen pond.

Dont u think flow throw method is better for earthen pond construction.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 8:42pm On Jan 14, 2015
mercylicious:
@jamp, is there no water outlet? what i see is only inlet into the earthen pond.

Dont u think flow throw method is better for earthen pond construction.
There is water outlet.if you look at the 2nd pic closely,you will see a brown wooden frame. Thats the water outlet gate. Flow through on my ponds are 24hrs non-stop because the aquifer water is 24hrs too
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by Johnnyessence(m): 8:47pm On Jan 14, 2015
jam04:

Those ones without net have no fingerlings yet.
OK but it contain 800-1000 fingerlings/juveniles abi hmmm.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 8:49pm On Jan 14, 2015
Johnnyessence:
OK but it contain 800-1000 fingerlings/juveniles abi hmmm.

Lool. When stocked that pond holds 3500 fingerlings to maturity
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by Johnnyessence(m): 6:50pm On Jan 15, 2015
jam04:

waoooo it's big oooo very big to contain 3,500 fingerlings waoooo this is great. what of juveniles pieces,how many pieces of juveniles will it contain hmmm.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 10:54pm On Jan 15, 2015
Johnnyessence:
waoooo it's big oooo very big to contain 3,500 fingerlings waoooo this is great. what of juveniles pieces,how many pieces of juveniles will it contain hmmm.
Same quantity.once i stock with post fingerlings,i raised them in the pond to table size
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by Nobody: 8:27am On Jan 17, 2015
Hello. You doing a good job. Pls would you advise I rent a pond? It's going to be managed by a someone in the field cos of my work.

Other alternative is , I construct my ponds in my plot of land and I employ someone to feed and change their water while I visit weekends. Pls advise.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 10:50am On Jan 17, 2015
olubankemi:
Hello. You doing a good job. Pls would you advise I rent a pond? It's going to be managed by a someone in the field cos of my work.

Other alternative is , I construct my ponds in my plot of land and I employ someone to feed and change their water while I visit weekends. Pls advise.

It is not advisable to have someone to manage your fishes if you won't be around everyday to monitor things. People experiences aren't encouraging atall.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by boldjokes(f): 6:58am On Feb 09, 2015
interesting
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by Nobody: 7:11am On Feb 09, 2015
jam04:

plz what is d size othis pond dt contains 3500 to table size?
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 8:08am On Feb 09, 2015
mercylicious:

plz what is d size othis pond dt contains 3500 to table size?

32ft X 32ft X 4ft
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by Nobody: 9:36am On Feb 09, 2015
jam04:

32ft X 32ft X 4ft

Thats an ocean ooo. do u think this size will have some fishes grossly undersized?

is it true dt u stock half the size of fish u stock in concrete pond in earthen pond ?

a friend is currently building an earthen pond close to a stream. The stream has fishes living in it naturally.He says he will channel d water to d earthen pond in such a ways dt small fishes in d stream will enter his pond and become food for his catfish. Is dt possible?

how do u sort in an earthen pond?

if a fish dies in d pond, do u see ot and remove it?
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 2:13pm On Feb 09, 2015
mercylicious:

Thats an ocean ooo. do u think this size will have some fishes grossly undersized?

is it true dt u stock half the size of fish u stock in concrete pond in earthen pond ?

a friend is currently building an earthen pond close to a stream. The stream has fishes living in it naturally.He says he will channel d water to d earthen pond in such a ways dt small fishes in d stream will enter his pond and become food for his catfish. Is dt possible?

how do u sort in an earthen pond?

if a fish dies in d pond, do u see ot and remove it?

I have always said on this thread that the best environment for cat fish is earthen pond. It feels more like their natural habitat. Your friend decision is wise and I can assure you that he is going to get good fish growth with this method. Tell him to construct a gate mesh at the water entry to avoid reptiles from swimming in.
Feeding my fish in the pond size is very easy and same as pond sizes., ie spot feeding. Our fishes know their feeding point and when its time to feed, they come their.

But expert monitoring/supervision is HIGHLY required to construct this pond size with 24hrs non_stop water supply
When a fish die, it floats and this is scooped out by workers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Harvest From A Nairalander's Peasant Farm (pictures) / Imo Government To Revive ADAPALM Plantation (photos) / Anambra Begins Vegetable Export To The Uk (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.