Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,028 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

Mistakes Dat I've Made In Job Interviews That You Should Avoid At All Costs - Jobs/Vacancies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Mistakes Dat I've Made In Job Interviews That You Should Avoid At All Costs (56736 Views)

8 Things To Avoid At An Interview / 9 Things You Should Avoid During Job Interviews. / Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mistakes Dat I've Made In Job Interviews That You Should Avoid At All Costs by Adventurist(m): 6:17pm On Oct 07, 2014
Bookmrking this so I cld revisit
Re: Mistakes Dat I've Made In Job Interviews That You Should Avoid At All Costs by jerumax: 6:33pm On Oct 07, 2014
I feel with enough practice and preparation one can overcome fear in an interview situation. It is not easy but with the experience gotten from past failures you should grow some thick skin and learn from your past mistakes.
victorVIC1:

hmmm...plz, any1 wit suggestions on how to overcome fear?

1 Like

Re: Mistakes Dat I've Made In Job Interviews That You Should Avoid At All Costs by Justpassing1: 8:51pm On Oct 07, 2014
NEVER go to a job interview sober. Not high / drunk.....but never entirely sober.

1 Like

Re: Mistakes Dat I've Made In Job Interviews That You Should Avoid At All Costs by Egonec(m): 6:38am On Oct 08, 2014
MunAKeyzZ:

Do you have a better reply?
cool nobody will actually expect u to work for him without paying u, so I'll tell d interviewer dat I'll c d job as an opportunity to gain more experience.
Re: Mistakes Dat I've Made In Job Interviews That You Should Avoid At All Costs by Gynacologist(m): 9:12pm On Oct 08, 2014
victorVIC1:

hmmm...plz, any1 wit suggestions on how to overcome fear?
smoke ibo
Re: Mistakes Dat I've Made In Job Interviews That You Should Avoid At All Costs by Adease: 12:34am On Oct 09, 2014
I am impressed with all the contributions,

Wat i will say is that when you go to an interview, study about the company and their structure. Thanks

For fear, to overcome fear try and smile always, and try to do personal rehearsal by speaking to the air on your own to see how you can regurgitate all you or with friends and work on any correction. shocked
Re: Mistakes Dat I've Made In Job Interviews That You Should Avoid At All Costs by royalicon(m): 7:35am On Oct 09, 2014
Another life saving thread on NL.
Very educative.
Re: Mistakes Dat I've Made In Job Interviews That You Should Avoid At All Costs by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 09, 2014
IdeeEsperanza:
I've not been to an interview before. However, all the jobs I've done so far, whenever it reaches my turn to be interviewed, they're usually either too tired or they'll just not interview me but will eventually employ me.
just a strock of luck. Be grateful 2 God
Re: Mistakes Dat I've Made In Job Interviews That You Should Avoid At All Costs by LeoFish92(m): 9:55pm On Oct 09, 2014
getafe:
just a strock of luck. Be grateful 2 God
you meant STROKE of luck?.... thank me later
Re: Mistakes Dat I've Made In Job Interviews That You Should Avoid At All Costs by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 10, 2014
LeoFish92:

you meant STROKE of luck?.... thank me later
oh yeaa, u're right. THANK YOUUU

1 Like

Re: Mistakes Dat I've Made In Job Interviews That You Should Avoid At All Costs by SenatorJames(m): 6:13pm On Oct 11, 2014
Fresh graduates should be directed to this thread. All these free information worth million of dollars.
Re: Mistakes Dat I've Made In Job Interviews That You Should Avoid At All Costs by iphyisis(f): 9:11am On Oct 22, 2014
Emmachina24:
What's the difference between resume and cv?

one(resume) is American, the other is British

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mistakes Dat I've Made In Job Interviews That You Should Avoid At All Costs by scarletdp(m): 2:34pm On Oct 22, 2014
iphyisis:

Loooollllllzzzzz... ur gonna go with that in a real interview? Anyways ur cv mostly contains what you have done... resume on the other hand what ur about to do....American company's prefer u send ur application by resume while British, cv... I guess that's what u meant.
Re: Mistakes Dat I've Made In Job Interviews That You Should Avoid At All Costs by blesseenE: 7:39pm On Oct 22, 2014
'Thinking Outside the Box'
Interviewer: Can you think outside the box?
Candidate: please come again Sir

If you want to know what 'thinking out of the box' means and how to develop this skill, click here https://www.nairaland.com/1957709/10-ways-develop-thinking-outside

1 Like

Re: Mistakes Dat I've Made In Job Interviews That You Should Avoid At All Costs by yoged(m): 10:58am On Oct 23, 2014
A Lot of. Of benefit on here
Re: Mistakes Dat I've Made In Job Interviews That You Should Avoid At All Costs by iphyisis(f): 11:21am On Oct 23, 2014
scarletdp:

Loooollllllzzzzz... ur gonna go with that in a real interview? Anyways ur cv mostly contains what you have done... resume on the other hand what ur about to do....American company's prefer u send ur application by resume while British, cv... I guess that's what u meant.

I used to think it was that. Just checked google now. Thanks
Re: Mistakes Dat I've Made In Job Interviews That You Should Avoid At All Costs by scarletdp(m): 12:56pm On Oct 23, 2014
iphyisis:

I used to think it was that. Just checked google now. Thanks
Ur vewy welcome
Re: Mistakes Dat I've Made In Job Interviews That You Should Avoid At All Costs by oluxmondd2: 1:20pm On Oct 23, 2014
Olutola88:
what about those of us that learn faster and better using our memory? We are not wise? *lmao*

"The weakest ink is better than the strongest
memory"

3 Likes

Re: Mistakes Dat I've Made In Job Interviews That You Should Avoid At All Costs by deejay6: 4:26pm On Nov 19, 2015
liliangmail:
Very Interesting! *yea* av become part of me! . Another is *tongu lickin my lips b4 ansin any interview question cry
Lol...Mr sexy,you dey form fresh na
Re: Mistakes Dat I've Made In Job Interviews That You Should Avoid At All Costs by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 19, 2015
Hr ; what are ur short term goals let's say 5 yrs from now
Me; in 5 yrs time I will come back here to shake your hands fr d opportunity u are abt to grant me to be part of ur firm

I was nva called back.. Smh
Re: Mistakes Dat I've Made In Job Interviews That You Should Avoid At All Costs by Nobody: 10:24pm On Nov 19, 2015
rayikem:
Hr ; what are ur short term goals let's say 5 yrs from now
Me; in 5 yrs time I will come back here to shake your hands fr d opportunity u are abt to grant me to be part of ur firm

I was nva called back.. Smh
What were you thinking? grin
Re: Mistakes Dat I've Made In Job Interviews That You Should Avoid At All Costs by Lanretoye(m): 11:17pm On Nov 19, 2015
iphyisis:

habba now,resume pronounced as rezumei,is french word. it is used to present your background and skills(what you can do)
CV is latin, more concise and it contains more information(what you have done) about the applicant than resume.
IMO.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. / Lets Discus Payrolls In Nigeria. What Is Your Monthly Salary? / 2018 Exxonmobil Recruitment For Engineers (Experienced And Graduate Trainees)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.