Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,250 members, 7,815,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Dangote, Blackstone To Invest N825bn (~$5billion) In Power - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote, Blackstone To Invest N825bn (~$5billion) In Power (15702 Views)

Dangote All Smiles Over His $600 Million Dangote Cement Plant In Ethiopia (photo / Dangote And Blackstone To Invest N825bn In Power / Dangote To Invest $7Bn In Power & Petrochemicals In Nigeria In 3 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote, Blackstone To Invest N825bn (~$5billion) In Power by kazmanbanjoko(m): 12:06pm On Aug 06, 2014
Its not a big thing for him na. There is still hundreds of it from where it comes from.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote, Blackstone To Invest N825bn (~$5billion) In Power by Youngzedd(m): 12:12pm On Aug 06, 2014
technophile: Nigeria, investing billions of dollars in electricity since 241 BC...

Give that guy one bottle of beer.
Re: Dangote, Blackstone To Invest N825bn (~$5billion) In Power by kendrick93(m): 12:31pm On Aug 06, 2014
kennaustine:
PESSIMIST!!!
Please dont infect us with your disease.
i didnt force u to
Re: Dangote, Blackstone To Invest N825bn (~$5billion) In Power by pheesayor(m): 12:37pm On Aug 06, 2014
NEPA to PHCN was a step, don't ignore that. The legislation on which GEJ built his power masterplan which he came to launch in Lagos in 2010 is also another step

Chinom:

Let me not hear that Baboon's name again in your mouth. He's right up there with IBB as those that put us in the current mess. We are not supposed to talking about regular power supply now if those thieves did what they were supposed to do.

Don't buy the GEJ propaganda that all others before him did nothing, that's sooo not true
Re: Dangote, Blackstone To Invest N825bn (~$5billion) In Power by pheesayor(m): 12:38pm On Aug 06, 2014
NEPA to PHCN was a step, don't ignore that. The legislation on which GEJ built his power master-plan which he came to launch in Lagos in 2010 is also another step
kennaustine:
Okay... so OBJ was the one who privatized PHCN. SMH. Lemme withdraw that last one for morality sake. And learn to USE YOUR HEAD!
Re: Dangote, Blackstone To Invest N825bn (~$5billion) In Power by Chinom(m): 12:50pm On Aug 06, 2014
pheesayor: NEPA to PHCN was a step, don't ignore that. The legislation on which GEJ built his power masterplan which he came to launch in Lagos in 2010 is also another step

Don't buy the GEJ propaganda that all others before him did nothing, that's sooo not true

OBJ spent $13billion on power projects. Where is the power ?.
Re: Dangote, Blackstone To Invest N825bn (~$5billion) In Power by basty: 1:26pm On Aug 06, 2014
Since it is Dangote, it will work out this time.
Re: Dangote, Blackstone To Invest N825bn (~$5billion) In Power by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 06, 2014
liquidsnake: That other man in suit looks so shabby. Looks too large for him.

If he is the ceo of Blackstone then this project has already failed o.
slimfit1: His office does not look like the office of a ceo anyways. This man is a genius and it is a good thing he is investing in Nigeria and just keeping money in a foreign land we should sell NNPC to him Yar rah dua was very silly to withdraw the sale of NNPC to that man.

Do you see this? How is this important, in any way?

When I first started coming to Nigeria, do you know how disappointed my cousins were with my clothes? They asked me if I was dressing that way become I thought Nigeria wasn't worth it I'm supposed to be coming from "America", so I have to dress the part. So now I actually keep clothes aside specially for Nigeria, so nosyass, judgmental busybodies can leave me alone. Who has time for that? WHAT you do is more important than who you are, or what you wear. And that CEO is an American. You can see billionaires here wearing plain white t-shirts and ripped jeans. You can't judge based on appearance, ever.

I mean, what kind of shallowness is this?

1 Like

Re: Dangote, Blackstone To Invest N825bn (~$5billion) In Power by tee4naija(m): 1:51pm On Aug 06, 2014
kennaustine: Yet GEJ is not working, according to die-hard propangadist of the Aggrieved Peoples Congress. So what is attracting investors? Economist will tell you its good economic space. Just like the privatization and deregulation of the telecoms sector in 2002, the power sector in Nigeria will experience a great turnaround IN A MATTER OF TIME. GEJ has laid the foundation. It is necessary to return him in 2015 so those Asiwaju Puppets Crew will not take the glory on another mans effort. GEJ till but no further than 2019. grin grin grin
Day-dreaming!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Dangote, Blackstone To Invest N825bn (~$5billion) In Power by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 06, 2014
It's like Dangote is the only capitalist in Nigeria. Is he actually an American?
Re: Dangote, Blackstone To Invest N825bn (~$5billion) In Power by slimfit1(m): 3:09pm On Aug 06, 2014
MissMeiya:

Do you see this? How is this important, in any way?

When I first started coming to Nigeria, do you know how disappointed my cousins were with my clothes? They asked me if I was dressing that way become I thought Nigeria wasn't worth it I'm supposed to be coming from "America", so I have to dress the part. So now I actually keep clothes aside specially for Nigeria, so nosyass, judgmental busybodies can leave me alone. Who has time for that? WHAT you do is more important than who you are, or what you wear. And that CEO is an American. You can see billionaires here wearing plain white t-shirts and ripped jeans. You can't judge based on appearance, ever.

I mean, what kind of shallowness is this?

I'm just saying it looks untidy simple.
Re: Dangote, Blackstone To Invest N825bn (~$5billion) In Power by kulgee001(m): 4:22pm On Aug 06, 2014
kennaustine: Yet GEJ is not working, according to die-hard propangadist of the Aggrieved Peoples Congress. So what is attracting investors? Economist will tell you its good economic space. Just like the privatization and deregulation of the telecoms sector in 2002, the power sector in Nigeria will experience a great turnaround IN A MATTER OF TIME. GEJ has laid the foundation. It is necessary to return him in 2015 so those Asiwaju Puppets Crew will not take the glory on another mans effort. GEJ till but no further than 2019. grin grin grin

See this one. So we should now credit the coming of telcos into this country to OBJ's fine face? You are no different from the so called propagandist.

1 Like

Re: Dangote, Blackstone To Invest N825bn (~$5billion) In Power by pheesayor(m): 5:01pm On Aug 06, 2014
Don't hate, OBJ started the building of power plants and transmission lines, GEJ is only continuing from there. The NIPP project started by OBJ is still in progress, check around you
Chinom:

OBJ spent $13billion on power projects. Where is the power ?.
Re: Dangote, Blackstone To Invest N825bn (~$5billion) In Power by wickyyolo: 5:48pm On Aug 06, 2014
Across sub saharan african . Let's pray it reaches Nigeria.
Re: Dangote, Blackstone To Invest N825bn (~$5billion) In Power by ogaju007(m): 8:29pm On Aug 06, 2014
GeneralShepherd:

If government policies aren't favourable, nobody will invest

Zimbabwe policies are not favourable but they still have foreign investors.... niether is nigeria.
Re: Dangote, Blackstone To Invest N825bn (~$5billion) In Power by yommynice(m): 10:00pm On Aug 06, 2014
DO YOU WANT IT BRANDED?
We brand on any surface, produce all kinds of creative souvenirs, branded items and we produce any kind of promotional materials - We brand anything; we develop promotional ideas.
Contact Us:
comQuest Creative Group
+234 (0) 806 914 6494
+234 (0) 705 492 4516
mail.comquest@yahoo.com
...passion inspired!
Re: Dangote, Blackstone To Invest N825bn (~$5billion) In Power by Abbott(m): 10:22pm On Aug 06, 2014
liquidsnake: That other man in suit looks so shabby. Looks too large for him.

If he is the ceo of Blackstone then this project has already failed o.

Man! That's cruel!
Re: Dangote, Blackstone To Invest N825bn (~$5billion) In Power by Nobody: 11:16pm On Aug 06, 2014
story for the gods
Re: Dangote, Blackstone To Invest N825bn (~$5billion) In Power by Tex42(m): 6:56pm On Aug 07, 2014
this project wld be commissioned when i turn 90,and completed when my kids turn 100.Naija and power?,anything wey u hear concerning power no dey happen,na d one wey u no hear na hin go happen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CBN To Order Banks To Repay Illegal Charges With Interest / Tobi Amira: Moniepoint Processes $7 Billion Dollars Monthly In Nigeria (Video) / Football Betting Guide For Improved Winnings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.