Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,504 members, 7,812,554 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome (35862 Views)

Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome / Desmond Flats At Ogombo By Nexthome / Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 7:06am On Oct 15, 2014
mufutau55:

While you guys are sleeping...
I really didn't want to get involve in this thread.. but here is my take.. The building was structured for story(ies) building.. you can see that from the earlier decking.. There are columns (pillars) in there, you can't see them because they have been plastered already.. and look at the picture with the iron joined together.. you will see an earlier iron there joined with the new ones... When a house is decked the pillars does not protrude only the irons protrude so that other longer irons can be weaved/joined/daisy-chained together to continue the pillars.. and I am sure the pillars you saw on the outside walls are not the only ones.. there MUST be internal ones to carry the inner load that the cameras did no show... I am sure the intention of the owner is to live on the downstairs for a while until he/she can accumulate more money to raise the upper levels.. so he decked it and put outside fence/wall on top and hide the irons that protrudes, I know this because one of my father's house was like this in the 70's... I hope my ramblings has helped... And remember I am not a Builder or a Building Engineer, just my observations. (I can't believe I get involved in Brabus thread).

Note: Study the photo below carefully, you will see where the old pillar and the irons (interwoven) meets the new iron for new continuation pillar.
Brabus.. If you say I am wrong with my analysis/observations, I will delete the post so as not to mislead others.

Hajji Mufutau

Good morning Hajji mufutau55, Good morning the whole house.

You aren't made a class captain for nothing. It was a deserved honour. You can never be wrong on this.

Now to set the records straight those who knew me so well know I don't get involved on projects without detailed analysis of the project. In fact, I request for full detail designs before getting involved.

In this project, we were contracted to deliver the formwork but I asked the client to give me the drawings of the building to study before making the quotes.
I doubt we have many carpenters that will request for such details before commencing work. It was as if I knew we would have this argument.

The building was structured for stories and here's my submission to back up the claim. It's not just about pictures which are limited to the snapshot of what we were able to take.

Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 7:36am On Oct 15, 2014
Sir FastShipping,

I wouldn't want to say more than this on this topic. The major reason I think you'd assume or think there were no support underneath to support the columns on the cantilever section are:

1. Because the section where this 5 columns are located have been plastered and the wall raised by two courses of block. But if you ask me, the reason for this is to prevent flow of water from the first floor to the shops underneath and it was painted to match the color of the shops underneath. I intentionally avoided taking picture of the shops because it's not the main object.

2. Because you didn't see any rods protruding from the slab in this areas. But if I may ask, do you simply think we (NextHome Builders) will have columns without any attachment to the existing structure? Your honest answer will be appreciated. It helps us to review our position and opinion of readers about the quality of our job.
Assuming there were no plans to raise the structure, I asked that you study the pictures in detail so that you can see that they didn't break the slab to anchor the column extensions to it. I'll continue to dig for other pictures of the building maybe I'll get you the ones showing the short columns.

3. Because you think there were no plans and approval for the proposed development. Of course that has been cleared in my last post and those details were given to me as far back as September 2013 so it wasn't an after-thought anyway.

Now, I'm not the project manager of this development. I'm just another contractor in the project and I cannot speak more than this but in my honest opinion they did the right thing.

In a separate post later today, I'll explain beams, cantilevers, point loads and structural columns as I understand it. And hopefully, I'll visit the site once again this morning, I can request that one of the columns be chiseled to see what was inside to clear all doubts. But really, am I prepared for this? NO. Better things competing for my time this morning.

Good morning.
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 11:58am On Oct 15, 2014
Mixed-Use Development at Thomas Estate - Formwork been removed

1 Like

Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 8:42pm On Oct 16, 2014
More pictures

Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 6:29am On Oct 24, 2014
Failure is an Event, Not an Identity

Most people let their battles define them. They see failure as an indication of who they are. Mentally tough people let their perseverance define them. They see failure as an event. Failure is something that happens to a person, not who a person is.
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 27, 2014
Hello Brabus,
I whassaped u,I need a qoute for a surface soak away or septic tank and casting of a fence up to 3 plank in a 60x120 land in ikotun area.are u free to handle the project?.

Cheers
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 6:45am On Oct 28, 2014
euromilion:
Hello Brabus,
I whassaped u,I need a qoute for a surface soak away or septic tank and casting of a fence up to 3 plank in a 60x120 land in ikotun area.are u free to handle the project?.

Cheers

I guess you whatsapp my 08090860660 line. It's on my Sammy phone and the phone has been given a lot of battery issue lately so I'm now available on my 08023429122 line (Calls, SMS, Whatsapp or iMessage).

We can handle the project for you. However, you can shoot us an email with the site information for preliminary site visitation and free estimate. <info@nexthomebuilders.com>

Best Regards.
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by lastpage: 12:43am On Nov 04, 2014
I think what 'fastshipping" is talking about, which l think is being evaded, is the two pictures l have tried to recapture below.
He is asking if those Pillars going up from this floor, seeing that they actually have no continuation/origins from a floor below, can support the weight they are expected to carry.

Now,
*You say YES, they can.
*You can also say "They are a continuation from bottom" in which case you just have to show which from the picture cannot be true!
*You can also say, NO, they cant.....and make amendments on that building before its too late.
I cant even see a V-shaped support under it, which would have been an option to distribute the weight using principle of "Moments about a fulcrum".

I understand it is the job of the Engineers to explain this and Brabus has said he is just dong formwork on the building, finito!

Lastpage!

@Brabus: is the 450K in that advert for formwork (which was my original interest) for:
*Supplying the boards only?
*Supply and nailing them together only?
*Supply, nailing together, concrete pouring work (material and labour as you call it) of the building or just per floor?
When you say "material", what does that include apart from the Boards itself? Cement, Sand, Granite, e.t.c?

Take as you deem correct, to clarify things for me.

Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 4:41am On Nov 04, 2014
lastpage:

@Brabus: is the 450K in that advert for formwork (which was my original interest) for:
*Supplying the boards only?
*Supply and nailing them together only?
*Supply, nailing together, concrete pouring work (material and labour as you call it) of the building or just per floor?
When you say "material", what does that include apart from the Boards itself? Cement, Sand, Granite, e.t.c?

Supply and assembling of the boards and all other planks as needed for the slab work.
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by lastpage: 8:22pm On Nov 09, 2014
^^^^Pricey a bit (my opinion) though l may be wrong!

On the other hand, l wont expect a formwork that covers say an area of 2400sq/m to cost the same with say one that covers an area of 1200sq/m (just examples).

It may be cheap for the larger size but will appear expensive for the smaller size.

What if l suggest to you that you should "break it into modules" like saying "X' amount of naira for "Y" sq/m of Formwork?
Something similar to the way you broke the building proper into "small-small manageable modules".

This is just a suggestion to make it more attractive to would be customers.
It will also make it seem "fair" to them and yourself in the long run.

Pay me later grin ...........if you think the idea makes sense!

Lastpage!

BTW: You can quickly corner the market now, make your gains before others venture into it........ like an early bird, because l think it s a good method. wink
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by Nobody: 8:59am On Nov 10, 2014
Hello Brabus,
I see you are online.

Pls check ur mail,a quick clarification, when I say leaks,I meant not to leak in,not out.

Thanks and nice to begin something with you.
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by Jamesqu(m): 12:11am On Nov 11, 2014
Segcy Moore, I am waiting for your contribution to this observation by Fast Shipping
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 5:05am On Nov 11, 2014
lastpage:
^^^^Pricey a bit (my opinion) though l may be wrong!

On the other hand, l wont expect a formwork that covers say an area of 2400sq/m to cost the same with say one that covers an area of 1200sq/m (just examples).

It may be cheap for the larger size but will appear expensive for the smaller size.

What if l suggest to you that you should "break it into modules" like saying "X' amount of naira for "Y" sq/m of Formwork?
Something similar to the way you broke the building proper into "small-small manageable modules".

This is just a suggestion to make it more attractive to would be customers.
It will also make it seem "fair" to them and yourself in the long run.

Pay me later grin ...........if you think the idea makes sense!

Lastpage!

BTW: You can quickly corner the market now, make your gains before others venture into it........ like an early bird, because l think it s a good method. wink

Our form panel rentals are estimated at N1,200 per linear metre, based on the outside wall surface area.

The above estimate includes the form panel rental only. Tie bar rental and braces are also available for an additional cost. This estimate assumes a 2-week rental period for a typical foundation work and it excludes transportation, assembly and removal cost.

Final estimates are calculated based on customer sketch or drawings supplied.
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 6:42am On Nov 11, 2014
lastpage:
I think what 'fastshipping" is talking about, which l think is being evaded, is the two pictures l have tried to recapture below.
He is asking if those Pillars going up from this floor, seeing that they actually have no continuation/origins from a floor below, can support the weight they are expected to carry.

Now,
*You say YES, they can.
*You can also say "They are a continuation from bottom" in which case you just have to show which from the picture cannot be true!
*You can also say, NO, they cant.....and make amendments on that building before its too late.
I cant even see a V-shaped support under it, which would have been an option to distribute the weight using principle of "Moments about a fulcrum".

I understand it is the job of the Engineers to explain this and Brabus has said he is just dong formwork on the building, finito!

Lastpage!

Truth needs to defense. I don't feel a need to prove that the Sun rises in the East. If anyone wants to argue that it isn't, he is free to argue with himself or consult the project engineer.

To me, I feel they did the right thing.

Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 7:16am On Nov 11, 2014
Foundation Wall Formwork - Newly Completed at Agungi

Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 6:47pm On Nov 13, 2014
euromilion:
Hello Brabus,
I see you are online.

Pls check ur mail,a quick clarification, when I say leaks,I meant not to leak in,not out.

Thanks and nice to begin something with you.

Sir euromillion, the journey has just begun.

The Septic Tank Formwork Installation Now Ongoing.

Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 13, 2014
brabus:

Sir euromillion, the journey has just begun.

The Septic Tank Formwork Installation Now Ongoing.

Hello Brabus,
Thank you,hope they informed you of their ordeal, concerning the size of it,so I then recommended they make it 13×7 instead of wasting the empty land behind.

Thanks again,but remember your presence is important to me.

Rgds,
Prince.
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by Fhemmmy: 1:52am On Nov 14, 2014
Looking at that foundation, all i see is a fish pond . . . Lol, looking good chairman
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 3:19am On Nov 14, 2014
Fhemmmy:
Looking at that foundation, all i see is a fish pond . . . Lol, looking good chairman

Thanks bro. It's the highest fdn in the subdivision.

Anyway, the pond has been sandfilled and surface treatment now ongoing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o79mLRfgrv8

Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by Fhemmmy: 3:41am On Nov 14, 2014
brabus:

I love how you integrate technology into your business . . . Keep it up, bro
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 5:44am On Nov 14, 2014
Fhemmmy:

I love how you integrate technology into your business . . . Keep it up, bro

Bros, if that's what it takes... We give it our best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkfeqNokdwA
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 12:13pm On Nov 15, 2014
Happening Now - The Reserve at Agungi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxbLMQrRT-c

Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by twinskenny(m): 12:35pm On Nov 15, 2014
brabus:
Happening Now
good job bosss
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by Nobody: 2:20am On Nov 18, 2014
brabus:

Please enlighten me, what do u mean by surface treatment?
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by lastpage: 5:57pm On Nov 18, 2014
fem30:

Just Pouring WATER on the sand fill, to make it compact properly.

Brabus builds a lot of "effizy" into his work... and it works. wink wink
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 18, 2014
lastpage:

Just Pouring WATER on the sand fill, to make it compact properly.

Brabus builds a lot of "effizy" into his work... and it works. wink wink

Okay, I was thinking it was chemical mixed into the water...tanx
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by joshua112: 7:29pm On Nov 18, 2014
brabus:
First Floor Slab - 2 Hours later

pls what kind of wood did you use for the formwork for the decking? is it marine plywood if yes why if I may ask
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 8:59pm On Nov 18, 2014
joshua112:

pls what kind of wood did you use for the formwork for the decking? is it marine plywood if yes why if I may ask

Marine Plywood. To achieve smooth finish and lower build cost without compromising on quality.
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 9:38pm On Nov 18, 2014
fem30:

Personally, I think foundation is the most important part of a home. However, in order for a properly designed foundation to last a lifetime, it must be placed on solid ground and well treated. This isn’t a new idea but we don't always do it right all the time.

The Gospel of Surface Treatment according to Brabus

Many builders/contractors use filling sand - so what is the big deal? Nothing really but here are the facts for the enquiry mind.

1. Once soil is removed from its original location, it tends to increase in volume because there is less pressure holding the soil particles together.

2. When the filling soil are placed in a foundation as backfill/infill, it is still in a loose state and unless additional steps are taken during the filling operation, it will take a very long time for the soil to compact itself naturally.

That’s fine, if your house isn’t sitting on top of it. It's okay if you aren't building on the sand filled foundation until the end of another rainy season. But if your foundation is going to be sitting/resting on loose/uncompacted soil, then there is likely to be settlement in the fill area producing differential movement in your foundation.

The good news is that this post construction settlement of the soil can be overcome by ponding/compacting the soil while it is being placed.
Having water in the sand filled foundation helps the sand to slide together closely.

Now, how much of water is enough? You don't need too much or too little water to get a well compacted soil. You just need little water to most the soil at layers to achieve good compaction. Too much of water will not give you any good result. Think of sand on a mattress, little water will bring them together. Too much water will on take them apart.

What else?

* Damp Proofing
* Application of anti rust paint on the foundation reinforcement/removal of fill soils from around the foundation pillars. Very important but often ignored.
* Levelling
* Compacting of the soil

Hope my answer is not too disappointing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Landlord Evicts Tenant Not Knowing That His Daughter Has Collected Rent / My Plumber Failed, See How A Female Nairalander Fixed Dripping Tap (Pics,Video) / Many Trapped As Three-storey Building Collapse In Ebute-Metta (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.