Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Osun Election: 50 Sniffer Dogs, Chemical Weapons Team Deployed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Election: 50 Sniffer Dogs, Chemical Weapons Team Deployed (1474 Views)

Christmas: NSCDC Deploys 55,000 Personnel, Sniffer Dogs / Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner / Osun Election: Omisore, PDP Head For Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Election: 50 Sniffer Dogs, Chemical Weapons Team Deployed by chino24: 8:26am On Aug 08, 2014
Security in Osun State for the governorship election billed for Saturday has been further reinforced with the deployment of 50 sniffer dogs, a unit each of anti-chemical and anti-nuclear Special Forces, that will support troops, policemen and members of other security agencies in the state.

DailyPost learnt that the security fortification planned for Osun was provoked by intelligence reports that thugs and other miscreants may take advantage of any loophole in the safety network to cause chaos and force the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to cancel the election, should the outcome fail to meet the expectations of certain political interests.

The Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) had earlier informed of the deployment of the first batch of sniffer dogs specially trained for election and for crowd control while its nuclear and chemical weapons team, the anti-vandalism squad and other units would arrive Osun latest Friday morning before the August 9, governorship election.

The security agency also deployed other teams from the departments of peace and conflict resolution, disaster management, crises intervention squad and the emergency operations team to handle complaints and prompt auxiliary intervention should there be tragedies during the polls.

NSCDC spokesman, Mr. Emmanuel Okeh, disclosed in a statement in Abuja that every effort has been put in place to ensure the safety of lives and property in the state before, during and after the election.

He called on the electorate and peace loving Osun residents to carry out their civic duties and responsibilities in a transparent manner and to relate peacefully with one another without fear of intimidation.

Okeh also tasked the people to inform security operatives promptly of any threats, suspicious acts or movement and the presence of unfamiliar faces, such as strangers or persons suspected of having motives at variance with the poll.

He appealed to the people not to panic or feel unnecessarily intimidated by the presence of large number of security personnel, but to expect maximum cooperation from officers who are specifically assigned to the state on election duties.

He said: “The NSCDC Commandant General, Dr. Ade Abolurin, has handed down stern warnings to miscreants planning to cause commotion and confusion during the August 8 governorship election in Osun State to do a rethinking because the corps will not tolerate anyone who plans to truncate the electoral process.

“He reiterated that irrespective of political affinity, all hands must be on deck to make Osun State election hitch-free, such that it will be a reference point for both local and international observers and commentators when credible elections are being discussed in the country.”

The Commandant General also advised politicians to embrace security and support the security operatives deployed to the state rather than engage in unwarranted propaganda and verbal attacks on security operatives who are in Osun for the good of everybody.

Dr. Abolurin said: “The whole essence is to ensure hitch free electoral process. Hence, politicians should appreciate security deployment as it is mundane to leave security in the hands of hoodlums, miscreants and hijackers.”
FacebookTwitterEmailMore

He further advised security personnel to allow professional training to take centre stage in their approach and effort to save lives and protect the citizenry.

http://dailypost.ng/2014/08/07/50-sniffer-dogs-chemical-weapons-team-deployed-osun-guber-election/
Re: Osun Election: 50 Sniffer Dogs, Chemical Weapons Team Deployed by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 08, 2014
what happens to the 50 sniffer dogs after the election?

#justasking

Re: Osun Election: 50 Sniffer Dogs, Chemical Weapons Team Deployed by chino24: 8:27am On Aug 08, 2014
Our people are already on the ground. cheesy

Let see how that their silly juju will work. We are going to sniff and smoke this Islamic party out. Its time to liberate the good people of oshun from the locks of Tinibu and company..

4 Likes

Re: Osun Election: 50 Sniffer Dogs, Chemical Weapons Team Deployed by ugoezeb(m): 8:29am On Aug 08, 2014
Re: Osun Election: 50 Sniffer Dogs, Chemical Weapons Team Deployed by laffytaffy1: 8:30am On Aug 08, 2014
chino24: Our people are already on the ground. cheesy
Let see how that their silly juju will work. We are going to sniff and smoke this Islamic party out. Its time to liberate the good people of oshun from the locks of Tinibu and company..

Chino my brother the world awaits your pics of the waste land.

4 Likes

Re: Osun Election: 50 Sniffer Dogs, Chemical Weapons Team Deployed by Oklander: 8:31am On Aug 08, 2014
50 PDP dogs...
Re: Osun Election: 50 Sniffer Dogs, Chemical Weapons Team Deployed by Energito11: 8:32am On Aug 08, 2014
Please snap pictures or we will send you back.

1 Like

Re: Osun Election: 50 Sniffer Dogs, Chemical Weapons Team Deployed by chino24: 8:33am On Aug 08, 2014
Trust me with pictures..even if I fail on the detailed assignment, I will not fail in photography!

laffytaffy1:

Chino my brother the world awaits your pics of the waste land.

6 Likes

Re: Osun Election: 50 Sniffer Dogs, Chemical Weapons Team Deployed by chino24: 8:34am On Aug 08, 2014
Energito11: Please snap pictures or we will send you back.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Election: 50 Sniffer Dogs, Chemical Weapons Team Deployed by Ijawboi(m): 8:39am On Aug 08, 2014
Wurbish
Re: Osun Election: 50 Sniffer Dogs, Chemical Weapons Team Deployed by koboko69: 8:41am On Aug 08, 2014
Is there a war in Osun state? If this dogs have been deployed to the NE there will be less case of IEDs going off. What kind of desperation is this by Jonathan's led government? Now i believe the FG is the original sponsor of BH, if such firepower can be deployed just for an election while another part of the country is at war. If they like, let them mve ASO ROCK to Osun......its Sai Aregbe all the way.
Re: Osun Election: 50 Sniffer Dogs, Chemical Weapons Team Deployed by Sylvarresta(m): 8:43am On Aug 08, 2014

you are pathetic, you are not even from southwest... See ur spelling of Osun. Let the people decide.

1 Like

Re: Osun Election: 50 Sniffer Dogs, Chemical Weapons Team Deployed by Sylvarresta(m): 8:46am On Aug 08, 2014
koboko69: Is there a war in Osun state? If this dogs have been deployed to the NE there will be less case of IEDs going off. What kind of desperation is this by Jonathan's led government? Now i believe the FG is the original sponsor of BH, if such firepower can be deployed just for an election while another part of the country is at war. If they like, let them mve ASO ROCK to Osun......its Sai Aregbe all the way.
Don't mind the retardeeno.. Our babes are still missing for over 110days and the clueless one still don't know what to do.
Re: Osun Election: 50 Sniffer Dogs, Chemical Weapons Team Deployed by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 08, 2014
Whatever APC is plotting the Federal Government will Match it head on

4 Likes

Re: Osun Election: 50 Sniffer Dogs, Chemical Weapons Team Deployed by alabiyemmy(m): 8:49am On Aug 08, 2014
grayht: what happens to the 50 sniffer dogs after the election?

#justasking

What kind of question. They will Eat them

1 Like

Re: Osun Election: 50 Sniffer Dogs, Chemical Weapons Team Deployed by whyman(m): 8:50am On Aug 08, 2014
This is highly unfair. Ilesha is the most heavily policed with heavily armed men and road blocks everywhere. People are scared of going out out all.

Osogbo is second with armed men and security check points at all entrance and security patrols on the streetby DSS, Mobile Police and Military Police (Red Beret)

Ile-Ife is less policed, you can move freely anywhere you like with ease without checkpoint or police patrols.
Re: Osun Election: 50 Sniffer Dogs, Chemical Weapons Team Deployed by alabiyemmy(m): 8:51am On Aug 08, 2014
koboko69: Is there a war in Osun state? If this dogs have been deployed to the NE there will be less case of IEDs going off. What kind of desperation is this by Jonathan's led government? Now i believe the FG is the original sponsor of BH, if such firepower can be deployed just for an election while another part of the country is at war. If they like, let them mve ASO ROCK to Osun......its Sai Aregbe all the way.

Dumb.

1 Like

Re: Osun Election: 50 Sniffer Dogs, Chemical Weapons Team Deployed by whyman(m): 8:52am On Aug 08, 2014
This is highly unfair. Ilesha is the most heavily policed with heavily armed men and road blocks everywhere. People are scared of going out out all.

Osogbo is second with armed men and security check points at all entrance and security patrols on the streetby DSS, Mobile Police and Military Police (Red Beret)

Ile-Ife is less policed, you can move freely anywhere you like with ease without checkpoint or police patrols.

All these in the name of free and fair election but not fair security distribution. May God help us.
Re: Osun Election: 50 Sniffer Dogs, Chemical Weapons Team Deployed by araoke(m): 8:54am On Aug 08, 2014
chino24: Trust me with pictures..even if I fail on the detailed assignment, I will not fail in photography!

But good sir, doesn't service rules and code expect neutrality from all agents? You give a skewed impression about the service. God bless you
Re: Osun Election: 50 Sniffer Dogs, Chemical Weapons Team Deployed by koboko69: 8:55am On Aug 08, 2014
alabiyemmy:

Dumb.
^^you are^^
Re: Osun Election: 50 Sniffer Dogs, Chemical Weapons Team Deployed by chino24: 8:56am On Aug 08, 2014
There is an intelligence report that some groups wanted to cause crisis if the result do not favor them. Read the passage again. The intelligence report ignited the heavy security presence..

araoke:
But good sir, doesn't service rules and code expect neutrality from all agents? You give a skewed impression about the service. God bless you

1 Like

Re: Osun Election: 50 Sniffer Dogs, Chemical Weapons Team Deployed by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 08, 2014
alabiyemmy:

What kind of question. They will Eat them
oh really?
Re: Osun Election: 50 Sniffer Dogs, Chemical Weapons Team Deployed by Evergreeen123: 9:01am On Aug 08, 2014
Goodluck jonathan is the worst commander-in-chief in the whole world.

As we write now, the whole of Damboa and Gwoza in Borno state are in the complete control of Boko Haram. All the military formations therein have been completely dislodged with Boko Haram hoisting their black flags all over these two towns.

If half of the soldiers that were deployed to Ekiti for the elections and those presently in Osun are in the North East, i am sure Boko Haram would have been defeated.

Our president is much more concerned with his 2015 ambition rather than protecting the territorial intergrity of the country
Re: Osun Election: 50 Sniffer Dogs, Chemical Weapons Team Deployed by araoke(m): 9:20am On Aug 08, 2014
chino24: There is an intelligence report that some groups wanted to cause crisis if the result do not favor them. Read the passage again. The intelligence report ignited the heavy security presence..

well I understand the imperatives of providing security, what i don't get my chairman is your ' blatant partisanship'. Although you have a right to your freedom of association as well as your freedom of expression, but using the service as a vehicle to express such does great disservice to that institution. The service outlived Obasanjo, Yaradua, it is sure going to outlive Jonathan. It is well bro grin grin grin
Re: Osun Election: 50 Sniffer Dogs, Chemical Weapons Team Deployed by Nobody: 10:28am On Aug 08, 2014
This topic sef. Chemical weapon abi Anti-Chemical unit.
Re: Osun Election: 50 Sniffer Dogs, Chemical Weapons Team Deployed by mayorall(m): 10:36am On Aug 08, 2014

Dreamer. You people wish will never come to pass. Yorubas are not slaves to this country. Tinubu. Liberated us from PDP. A won ojelu, awon guru jera. Why some parts of this country still remain slave to the House's founded party. They removed Baraje, fixed Tukur, what happened to your own region, you lacked leadership instinct? My friend think please.
Re: Osun Election: 50 Sniffer Dogs, Chemical Weapons Team Deployed by felifeli: 10:41am On Aug 08, 2014
LOL
Re: Osun Election: 50 Sniffer Dogs, Chemical Weapons Team Deployed by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 08, 2014
Click like if you think that chino should take more of pictures than going on electoral oversight functions.

Chino pictures of Osun is better than anything that is going on there.

#BringBackOurOsunPictures grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Osun Election: 50 Sniffer Dogs, Chemical Weapons Team Deployed by iamodenigbo1(m): 1:10pm On Aug 08, 2014
chino24: Trust me with pictures..even if I fail on the detailed assignment, I will not fail in photography!

u will not fail in both assignment,
Re: Osun Election: 50 Sniffer Dogs, Chemical Weapons Team Deployed by Omexonomy: 1:13pm On Aug 08, 2014
grayht: what happens to the 50 sniffer dogs after the election?

#justasking
they will be deported to ondo state for making peper soup.
Re: Osun Election: 50 Sniffer Dogs, Chemical Weapons Team Deployed by Omexonomy: 1:15pm On Aug 08, 2014
Yoruba people don suffer sotey na dog want to teach them sense.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

CONFAB : Igbo Youths Insist On Referendum. / Photo: The Nigerian Ebola Terrorist Who Stubbornly Took Ebola To Port Harcourt / Enugu 2015: Ungrateful Speaker Disobeys Consensus Agreement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.