Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,166 members, 7,957,345 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:21 AM

Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace - Foreign Affairs (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace (60028 Views)

In Cameroon, Two Boys Killed By Boko Haram Suicide Bombers (Graphic Pic) / Russian Nuclear Submarine To Test Launch Bulava ICBM Within Two Days: Source / Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Missy89(f): 7:31pm On Aug 11, 2014
all4naija:
You are making it to look as if the gas supply by Russia is large scale. It is about 30%. Both Qatar and Nigeria can take care of that. Stop begging the question. Indeed, it won't require drilling more or better logistic than the type Italians have on ground. There are enough gas tankers around the world to take care of that. Nigeria has been refining its oil cheaply outside the country. It is not a new thing that it can be achieved. What remains to be done is for Europe to get ready to take the chances.

Numbers can be deceiving that 30% has many issues you are not understanding (by the way it is 38%)
Countries like Estonia, Finland,Latvia,Lithuania and Slovakia gets 100% of their gas from Russia and Bulgaria , Greece, Hungary get well over 80%.
How do you expect this small countries to pay for more expensive gas when they can get it cheap in Russia. ? Even the Western Europeans that are richer and get around 20-50 percent of the deliveries from Russia wont see it as a reasonable business deal.

Stop talking about Nigeria, they do not have the infrastructure or logistics and it will be way more expensive
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Missy89(f): 7:32pm On Aug 11, 2014
shymexx:

I dunno but you were acting funny a little bit afterwards. grin

Anyway, how normal? Compare it to the chic on my profile(not too big and not too small).

too big. who is she?
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 11, 2014
shymexx:

I hope you know 30% is the overall average and some countries are 100% dependent on Russian gas, while countries like Italy, Germany, Spain etc. also depend on Russia for most of their gas needs.
I think 30% is the total supply. France is more than 60% sufficient in Nuclear energy supply,etc.
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 11, 2014
Missy89:

too big. who is she?

Lmao. That means your bum is flat then. The girl looks like all the random Naija chics I see out here everyday lol.

She's just a random chic.
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 11, 2014
all4naija: I think 30% is the total supply. France is more than 60% sufficient in Nuclear energy supply,etc.

So French folks drive their cars and heat their homes with nuclear energy, no?
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Missy89(f): 7:40pm On Aug 11, 2014
shymexx:

Lmao. That means your bum is flat then. The girl looks like all the random Naija chics I see out here everyday lol.

She's just a random chic.

I am into martial arts, it cant have that shape
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 11, 2014
Missy89:

Numbers can be deceiving that 30% has many issues you are not understanding (by the way it is 38%)
Countries like Estonia, Finland,Latvia,Lithuania and Slovakia gets 100% of their gas from Russia and Bulgaria , Greece, Hungary get well over 80%.
How do you expect this small countries to pay for more expensive gas when they can get it cheap in Russia. ? Even the Western Europeans that are richer and get around 20-50 percent of the deliveries from Russia wont see it as a reasonable business deal.

Stop talking about Nigeria, they do not have the infrastructure or logistics and it will be way more expensive
It is the total European gas supply by Russia. You are underrating Nigeria gas reserve. It is among the top 20 reserves and top 30 producers of the world.

There is huge construction of gas infrastructure in Onne, in River state. I have seen the pictures. I think Nigeria and Qatar can take care of the 30% European gas need.
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by kobonaire(m): 7:41pm On Aug 11, 2014
sexzskil:
Loops! tongue .....Its just DAT I so much hate DAT I'm.becilic sirshitex undecided

I love Kobonaire.... grin grin grin angry grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
I doubt you are the only grin

I love u 3
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 11, 2014
shymexx:

So French folks drive their cars and heat their homes with nuclear energy, no?
Most of the cars run on oil and is mainly from Europe and the Middle east not Russia. They can source for gas elsewhere to do that if they're very serious in heating their homes in Winters..
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 11, 2014
Missy89:

I am into martial arts, it cant have that shape

Scary. I hope you won't kick my ar.se with Muay Thai kick lol.

But has it got something I can hold on to? Since the front isn't saying much.
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Missy89(f): 7:48pm On Aug 11, 2014
all4naija: It is the total European gas supply by Russia. You are underrating Nigeria gas reserve. It is among the top 20 reserves and to 30 producers of the world.

There is huge construction of gas infrastructure in Onne, in River state. I have seen the pictures. I think Nigeria and Qatar can take care of the 30% European gas need.

why would Finland want Nigeria's gas when their neighbor next door have it in abundance at a cheaper price with less logistics?

Nigeria cant even provide its neighbors with enough gas and you are talking about Europe.?

How come u are not interested in providing gas for your fellow Africans but want to ship the continent resources to Europe (unfeasible) to serve their geopolitical goal? shouldn't Ecowas be building pipelines that runs from Onne to Dakar in other to provide enough energy for the region first?
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 11, 2014
all4naija: Most of the cars run on oil and is mainly from Europe and the Middle east not Russia. They can source for gas elsewhere to do that if they're very serious in heating their home in Winters..

You honestly think it's that easy, don't you? How about the overhead cost? And where is the alternative going to come from before winter and is it going to be as dirt cheap as Russian gas?
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Missy89(f): 7:50pm On Aug 11, 2014
shymexx:

Scary. I hope you won't kick my ar.se with Muay Thai kick lol.

But has it got something I can hold on to? Since the front isn't saying much.

not that kind of martial arts.

I am in a Fencing club
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Nobody: 7:53pm On Aug 11, 2014
Missy89:

why would Finland want Nigeria's gas when their neighbor next door have it in abundance at a cheaper price with less logistics?

Nigeria cant even provide its neighbors with enough gas and you are talking about Europe.?

How come u are not interested in providing gas for your fellow Africans but want to ship the continent resources to Europe (unfeasible) to serve their geopolitical goal? shouldn't Ecowas be building pipelines that runs from Onne to Dakar in other to provide enough energy for the region first?
Finland in the first place is diversifying their reliant on Russian gas through alternative source of energy.

You keep saying the same thing. I have explained to you why Nigeria gas supply to west Africa is more difficult to supply than Europe. Pipelines are usually vandalized in West Africa. Jeez!
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Nobody: 7:53pm On Aug 11, 2014
Missy89:

not that kind of martial arts.

I am in a Fencing club

Dayummm!!

That means you have got the skill set required to cut my head off with a sword, if you get pissed off, no? grin Now, I'm scared!

Anything to hold on to, missy? And what do you think is the most fascinating thing about you?
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 11, 2014
shymexx:

You honestly think it's that easy, don't you? How about the overhead cost? And where is the alternative going to come from before winter and is it going to be as dirt cheap as Russian gas?
It might not be easy but possible. Indeed, it'll help them to find alternative means of less dependence on Russian gas. Europeans have been finding ways to do that. Don't think Europeans aren't smart.
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Missy89(f): 8:01pm On Aug 11, 2014
all4naija: Finland in the first place is diversifying their reliant on Russian gas through alternative source of energy.

You keep saying the same thing. I have explained to you why Nigeria gas supply to west Africa is more difficult to supply than Europe. Pipelines are usually vandalized in West Africa. Jeez!

Vandalism can be taken care of. it is a problem that can be dealt with if there is adequate security cooperation and technology.

so if you are a business man, will you buy a more expensive product even thou you have an alternative with equal quality? every country is diversifying to alternative energy but the pace is slow compared to the kind of energy that is available for now.
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 11, 2014
Missy89:

Vandalism can be taken care of. it is a problem that can be dealt with if there is adequate security cooperation and technology.

so if you are a business man, will you buy a more expensive product even thou you have an alternative with equal quality? every country is diversifying to alternative energy but the pace is slow compared to the kind of energy that is available for now.

Indeed, the Italian involved gas supply is controlled by foreign expats as huge part of it belong to foreign companies. Do you think the Nigerian gas company is fully Nigerian? Europeans aren't fools as you think. They know what works and not.

Nigerian gas is not more expensive. You are using idea to say that.
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Missy89(f): 8:32pm On Aug 11, 2014
all4naija: Indeed, the Italian involved gas supply is controlled by foreign expats as huge part of it belong to foreign companies. Do you think the Nigerian gas company is fully Nigerian? Europeans aren't fools as you think. They know what works and not.

Nigerian gas is not more expensive. You are using idea to say that.

Since 1996 EU has been trying to get alternatives,
They are trying to do this with the trans Caspian pipeline that will be stretching from Turkmenistan to Baku in Azerbaijan (across the Caspian sea). This will connect with the Trans Anatolian gas pipeline that will pass thru Turkey and it will connect to the Trans Adriatic pipeline that will pass thru Greece and Italy. there will also be another route (Nabucco west pipeline) that would pass thru Bulgaria, Romania and Hungary all the way to Prague

Turkmenistan produce about 75 billion cubic meters a year. they can even increase production to 88 billion cubic meters a year and they have a lot of gas reserves (17 trillion cubic meters) If they join hands with Azerbaijan , they can produce what Europe needs. since both countries have little population and a lot of gas
Russia has been trying to block the pipeline deal from taking place by flexing their naval muscle on the Caspian sea, buying Turkmenistan's gas and reselling to Europe or reducing prices.

Nigeria or Qatar isnt even in the picture at all. i wont argue it with you but there is nothing there. the pipelines i listed are Europe's alternative or they will have to freeze for few years and bankrupt themselves buying from the united states when they start importing from there. the price, production capacity, Infrastructure, and logistics of West African oil on a large scale isn't profitable in Europe
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Missy89(f): 8:34pm On Aug 11, 2014
shymexx:

Dayummm!!

That means you have got the skill set required to cut my head off with a sword, if you get pissed off, no? grin Now, I'm scared!

Anything to hold on to, missy? And what do you think is the most fascinating thing about you?

I am not sure.

I don't have any friends thou. I don't know how to make friends and i like being by myself. if that counts.
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 11, 2014
Missy89:

Since 1996 EU has been trying to get alternatives,
They are trying to do this with the trans Caspian pipeline that will be stretching from Turkmenistan to Baku in Azerbaijan (across the Caspian sea). This will connect with the Trans Anatolian gas pipeline that will pass thru Turkey and it will connect to the Trans Adriatic pipeline that will pass thru Greece and Italy. there will also be another route (Nabucco west pipeline) that would pass thru Bulgaria, Romania and Hungary all the way to Prague

Turkmenistan produce about 75 billion cubic meters a year. they can even increase production to 88 billion cubic meters a year and they have a lot of gas reserves (17 trillion cubic meters) If they join hands with Azerbaijan , they can produce what Europe needs. since both countries have little population and a lot of gas
Russia has been trying to block the pipeline deal from taking place by flexing their naval muscle on the Caspian sea, buying Turkmenistan's gas and reselling to Europe or reducing prices.

Nigeria or Qatar isnt even in the picture at all. i wont argue it with you but there is nothing there. the pipelines i listed are Europe's alternative or they will have to freeze for few years and bankrupt themselves buying from the united states when they start importing from there. the price, production capacity, Infrastructure, and logistics of West African oil on a large scale isn't profitable in Europe

I am giving you the best prospect if the Europeans are ready to stop relying on Russian gas. Nigerian gas reserve is more than Turkmenistan and Azerbaijan combined together in a large margin yet those two nations have been seen to be a viable alternatives to Russia. Nigerian government needs to up the gas infrastructure in the country and rent large gas tankers to supply Europe.
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Nobody: 8:42pm On Aug 11, 2014
Missy89:
I am not sure.

I don't have any friends thou. I don't know how to make friends and i like being by myself. if that counts.

Hmmm...I'm scared of you. Military, and now fencing with sword, that's one scary combo right there. Ability to use the gun and sword are more or less a double whammy of a death wish. I'm not a professional with those weapons, but I can handle them. I guess we'll have to sign an agreement that you'll never be around those weapons when you're around me - deal or no deal?

Er, are you a loner? And how come you don't have friends and where in America do you live?
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Missy89(f): 8:51pm On Aug 11, 2014
all4naija:
I am giving you the best prospect if the Europeans are ready to stop relying on Russian gas. Nigerian gas reserve is more than Turkmenistan and Azerbaijan combined together in a large margin yet those two nations have been seen to be a viable alternatives to Russia. Nigerian government needs to up the gas infrastructure in the country and rent large gas tankers to supply Europe.

Now i know you a crazy.

Nigeria have just a little over 5 Trillion Cubic Meters Turkmenistan - 17 trillion and Azerbaijan - 850 billion cubic feet

It seems you are mistakenly using Standard cubic feet for Cubic Meters
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Missy89(f): 9:00pm On Aug 11, 2014
shymexx:

Hmmm...I'm scared of you. Military, and now fencing with sword, that's one scary combo right there. Ability to use the gun and sword are more or less a double whammy of a death wish. I'm not a professional with those weapons, but I can handle them. I guess we'll have to sign an agreement that you'll never be around those weapons when you're around me - deal or no deal?

Er, are you a loner? And how come you don't have friends and where in America do you live?

They serve no purpose i guess. I have my hands full dealing with myself.
Virginia
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 11, 2014
Missy89:
They serve no purpose i guess. I have my hands full dealing with myself.
Virginia

How do you mean? So, you're a trained assassin then, no?

Virginia? - I hope you don't live anywhere near Langley! grin

Bwooiii, I'm scared of you...all you Ibadan chics always scare the hell out of me, truss. grin
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 11, 2014
Missy89:

Now i know you a crazy.

Nigeria have just a little over 5 Trillion Cubic Meters Turkmenistan - 17 trillion and Azerbaijan - 850 billion cubic feet

It seems you are mistakenly using Standard cubic feet for Cubic Meters
Where is your source, please? Hahaha...
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Missy89(f): 9:17pm On Aug 11, 2014
shymexx:

How do you mean? So, you're a trained assassin then, no?

Virginia? - I hope you don't live anywhere near Langley! grin

Bwooiii, I'm scared of you...all you Ibadan chics always scare the hell out of me, truss. grin

Trained assassin? Lmao! what kind of assassin will reveal herself to you online?

I am just a regular person with normal habits. everybody cant be a social butterfly u know

many people live in McLean and most of them are just normal people.

Virginia is the coolest state. cant live somewhere else
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 11, 2014
@ Missy89

I am waiting for your source.
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Missy89(f): 9:22pm On Aug 11, 2014
all4naija: Where is your source, please? Hahaha...

you are a cool dude but help me out here. i don't have to show you everything

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2253rank.html

http://www.eia.gov/cfapps/ipdbproject/iedindex3.cfm?tid=3&pid=3&aid=6&cid=NI,TX,&syid=2010&eyid=2014&unit=TCF

http://www.hydrocarbons-technology.com/features/feature-the-worlds-biggest-natural-gas-reserves/

Cubic Feet and Cubic meters are different.
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Nobody: 9:26pm On Aug 11, 2014
Missy89:
Trained assassin? Lmao! what kind of assassin will reveal herself to you online?

I am just a regular person with normal habits. everybody cant be a social butterfly u know

many people live in McLean and most of them are just normal people.

Virginia is the coolest state. cant live somewhere else

I dunno but a lot things about you are fascinating. You're into military and all these physical stuffs, you don't have friends, and now you live in CIA city...that's a scary combo coupled with the fact that you know more about global politics and the game than any chic I've met in my life. Everything just sounds too smooth and something is fishy.

Virginia is still British and you need to start bowing to the Queen! Isn't Michael Vick from there? Allen Iverson as well.
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Missy89(f): 9:31pm On Aug 11, 2014
shymexx:

I dunno but a lot things about you are fascinating. You're into military and all these physical stuffs, you don't have friends, and now you live in CIA city...that's a scary combo coupled with the fact that you know more about global politics and the game than any chic I've met in my life. Everything just sounds too smooth and something is fishy.

Virginia is still British and you need to start bowing to the Queen! Isn't Michael Vick from there? Allen Iverson as well.

I do not reside in McLean i only said i lived in Virginia.
Thou i live in the same county , that doesn't mean anything. Fairfax county is way too big
Global politics well, that's a hobby/work and besides, i just like knowing stuffs.
lol@ Virginia being British. they do have those old colonial houses in some places thou. Chris brown is a Virginian too(hate the dude love his songs) cool
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 11, 2014
Missy89:

you are a cool dude but help me out here. i don't have to show you everything

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2253rank.html

http://www.eia.gov/cfapps/ipdbproject/iedindex3.cfm?tid=3&pid=3&aid=6&cid=NI,TX,&syid=2010&eyid=2014&unit=TCF

http://www.hydrocarbons-technology.com/features/feature-the-worlds-biggest-natural-gas-reserves/

Cubic Feet and Cubic meters are different.
Thank you. But how can Turkmenistan reserve remain constant through those years? Nigeria in ramification reserve contract in that table when much gas has been discovered in the joint exploration of the Equatorial Guinea and Nigeria Atlantic fields. I still have my disagreement with your sources record though.

Finally, it means Qatar having better reserve than Turkmenistan with Nigeria can supply Europe their energy need.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply)

Woman Too Ugly To Be Raped: Court In Italy Dismisses Rape Case / Blood Red Sky Blankets City Near Shanghai Sparking Armageddon Fear (Pics, Video) / Syrian Government Chopper Shot Down By Rebels (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.