Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,126 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage (11858 Views)

Mum's Unconditional Love / How Open Should One Be In Marriage? / Unconditional Love? In Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by Decryptor(m): 10:18am On Aug 12, 2014
aisha2: Any man who wants submission should be ready to have unconditional love for his wife

Yeah! Just like that Nassarawa man who got infected by his HIV Positive wife and she still wanted to leave him for another.
Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by Sezua(m): 10:22am On Aug 12, 2014
b3llo: Seconded
thirdonded
Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by remsonik(f): 11:00am On Aug 12, 2014
KanwuliaJara:

I finish Seun aka ahnie-Tpia with eim GWOR-GWOR AdePOOPOO dia nor be small! And the spirit came over me!
MUCHECHECHECHE
2 pages of correct rofo rofo plus BAN from the IJEBU goat meat called SEUN himself!

The ATALAKPA-LAKPA OGUN-Shrine rejected sacrificial azzzzzze! cool

We go see who go f'O'rst quench for this NL ke!

Terror jam TERROR!
Amen!!!! kiss

You will soon go on another ban!!
Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by KingsleySanchez(m): 11:54am On Aug 12, 2014
ameenahz: Unconditional love only truly exists in a Parent-child relationshiop. It is not really practical in marriage.

Husband: I will 'unconditionally' love you as long as you keep the home clean, make sure i get my food to time, keep slim and sexy, retain the libido and prowess of a 20 year old.......

wife:......as long as the bills are paid, you stay faithful, never beat me......

Whether we see them as conditions or not, they are conditions.

And how are you sure that even the mother to child love is unconditional.
There's always an atom of selfishness in love; even between parents and thier children.
Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by bukatyne(f): 12:00pm On Aug 12, 2014
aisha2: Any man who wants submission should be ready to have unconditional love for his wife

Were you not taught that a man is the 'head' and wifey must submit whether his head dey there or not?

Stop it, I don't like it o!

@OP:

Let's say a couple should have unconditional love towards each other

Tricky part is how is it achieved or what if one party is dropping the ball?

1 Like

Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by Trypant(f): 12:21pm On Aug 12, 2014
Unconditional love does not exist in most Nigerian Men!

1 Like

Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by Deepfreezer(m): 12:38pm On Aug 12, 2014
it exists. fact it doesn't work for you don't mean it ain't working for someone else.
Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by yomi007k(m): 12:42pm On Aug 12, 2014
Trypant: Unconditional love does not exist in most Nigerian Men!

nor does it in most nigerian women!
Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by brilapluz(m): 12:47pm On Aug 12, 2014
joywendy: mmm....i once had an argument with someone over this love topic.

he said that it is possible for someone to love a person without giving the person much respect.

is it possible?

if it is then i guess that is what is missing in the story above. respect!

if it aint then undecided

i don't know sha, the topic is quite confusing at times.

what do i know sef am not married

I believe dat person is not taking love in its entirety... u cannot love someone that you can't respect....love comes with respect....!
Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 12, 2014
brilapluz:
I believe dat person is not taking love in its entirety... u cannot love someone that you can't respect....love comes with respect....!
exactly. Love comes with respect. If you can't respect your lover, you just like him or her, not love.

1 Like

Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by RTFM(m): 1:37pm On Aug 12, 2014
It exists! I was fortunate to be married for 17 years to the one person who loved me so much. When you experience it, you will know. You never want to do anything that would hurt that person, you live your life for them and they for you. When you are apart you count the hours until you are reunited. You take pleasure in their company and all other women do not exist for you. You speak with one voice and all you ever want is for your partner to be happy. There is always trust, peace and comfort when that special person is around, you grow together and normal things that would drive a marriage apart are inconsequential. This was my experience until the death of my wife a few months ago. Whilst I am sad she is gone, I thank God that I had a chance to experience a perfect love. For the 19 years we knew each other, we were grateful for every day despite the fact that she was unable to have children. OP, unconditional love is not only practical, it is essential and I pray you are lucky enough to find it in your partner.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by KanwuliaJara: 2:09pm On Aug 12, 2014
SAMBARRY: Lmao I read everything before the first 2pages were deleted grin grin

I be think say them for don use vex ban you grin grin grin

I wonder why the ban o.
If posin wan fain trobu, e nor go prepia for war?
I nor h-understan' o! grin.

E for wait me dia make I sssssssslap am weh-weh ke!
MUCHECHECHECHECHE.
You know say 'ad boxes' dey empty for NL!
A broke NIGGA is a FRUSSSSSTREH-TED BABOOOOOOOOON! cheesy
Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by KanwuliaJara: 2:16pm On Aug 12, 2014
remsonik:
You will soon go on another ban!!

Na today? grin
I dey shake gaaaaaaaaaaaan o! wink
Abi you hia say I wanno reach 50,000 posts before "the second CRASSSSSSSSSSSING" of NL? grin
Levels abegggg!!!!! cool
Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by KanwuliaJara: 2:26pm On Aug 12, 2014
SAMBARRY: Lmao I read everything before the first 2pages were deleted grin grin

I be think say them for don use vex ban you grin grin grin

They have no idea what kind of SICK pleasure I derive from all these. grin
Daft MOFOS! cheesy
I look forward to them o!

Like my mama dey call me those days. . . .

"Oria a gba ra ISHI AKWARA". . . .

Disease wey done grow tendons. . . . .aka only JEHOVAH can cure! grin
Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 12, 2014
SAMBARRY: madam but Jennifer Lopez said love don't cost a thing na grin

Well, Its so unfortunate jlo's had to shell out lots of money so as to keep most of her various lovers.
Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 12, 2014
RTFM: It exists! I was fortunate to be married for 17 years to the one person who loved me so much. When you experience it, you will know. You never want to do anything that would hurt that person, you live your life for them and they for you. When you are apart you count the hours until you are reunited. You take pleasure in their company and all other women do not exist for you. You speak with one voice and all you ever want is for your partner to be happy. There is always trust, peace and comfort when that special person is around, you grow together and normal things that would drive a marriage apart are inconsequential. This was my experience until the death of my wife a few months ago. Whilst I am sad she is gone, I thank God that I had a chance to experience a perfect love. For the 19 years we knew each other, we were grateful for every day despite the fact that she was unable to have children. OP, unconditional love is not only practical, it is essential and I pray you are lucky enough to find it in your partner.

Amen ooo...I grab ham in Jesus name.....People now a days Dont know what unconditional love is.....My parents have been married for 33 years now, and the way they've both loved each other through thick and thin??........I have vowed, that I will never settle for less...Meaning, I want a man who would love me whole heartedly and unconditional.

2 Likes

Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by finessela: 3:23pm On Aug 12, 2014
Is it possible for human beings to love unconditionally? I don't we are capable of that, only God can love unconditionally
Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by Nobleacct: 3:36pm On Aug 12, 2014
akoka: until a man meet Jesus,he or she neva gets 2know wats love.

You just hit the nail on its head. You are 100% correct. God himself is the foundation of REAL LOVE. He that findeth wife(love) findeth a good thing and obtain favour from the LORD. Proverb 18:22. May the Lord favour the unmarried IJN
Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by omoadeleye(m): 3:43pm On Aug 12, 2014
KanwuliaJara:

I finish Seun aka ahnie-Tpia with eim GWOR-GWOR AdePOOPOO dia nor be small! And the spirit came over me!
MUCHECHECHECHE
2 pages of correct rofo rofo plus BAN from the IJEBU goat meat called SEUN himself!

The ATALAKPA-LAKPA OGUN-Shrine rejected sacrificial azzzzzze! cool

We go see who go f'O'rst quench for this NL ke!

Terror jam TERROR!
Amen!!!! kiss

your profile as if dem delete u from NL
Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by KanwuliaJara: 5:29pm On Aug 12, 2014
omoadeleye:

your profile as if dem delete u from NL

How many of the profiles since 2007? wink
Dem go delete taya KE. No work for the next 6 years!
IT MEANS SOMEBARRRRRY DON WOUND SERIOUSLY! grin

All I do is collect welfare checks and food stamps!
My American dream come true!
Muchechecheche

You nor see as NL advert boxes h-empty? wink
CEO don BROKE-CRASSSSSSH!
419 website don turn IJEBU CYBER CAFE FOR YAHOO-YAHOO HACKERS!

LWKMD!!!!!
Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 12, 2014
finessela: Is it possible for human beings to love unconditionally? I don't we are capable of that, only God can love unconditionally

I believe that many mothers and fathers love their kids unconditionally.
Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 12, 2014
RTFM: It exists! I was fortunate to be married for 17 years to the one person who loved me so much. When you experience it, you will know. You never want to do anything that would hurt that person, you live your life for them and they for you. When you are apart you count the hours until you are reunited. You take pleasure in their company and all other women do not exist for you. You speak with one voice and all you ever want is for your partner to be happy. There is always trust, peace and comfort when that special person is around, you grow together and normal things that would drive a marriage apart are inconsequential. This was my experience until the death of my wife a few months ago. Whilst I am sad she is gone, I thank God that I had a chance to experience a perfect love. For the 19 years we knew each other, we were grateful for every day despite the fact that she was unable to have children. OP, unconditional love is not only practical, it is essential and I pray you are lucky enough to find it in your partner.

Thank you for this post.
Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by omoadeleye(m): 5:57pm On Aug 12, 2014
KanwuliaJara:

How many of the profiles since 2007? wink
Dem go delete taya KE. No work for the next 6 years!
IT MEANS SOMEBARRRRRY DON WOUND SERIOUSLY! grin

All I do is collect welfare checks and food stamps!
My American dream come true!
Muchechecheche

You nor see as NL advert boxes h-empty? wink
CEO don BROKE-CRASSSSSSH!
419 website don turn IJEBU CYBER CAFE FOR YAHOO-YAHOO HACKERS!

LWKMD!!!!!

haahaa... you funny... but am not seeing anything, nothing be my own.
Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by KanwuliaJara: 5:58pm On Aug 12, 2014
omoadeleye:

haahaa... you funny... but am not seeing anything, nothing be my own.

This is just a temp ID.
I don't wish to invest time in fixing up temp IDs.
My other IDs are still RRRRRRRROCKING!

Others are in taking a break in PRISON! cheesy

Dem still dey cry for this thread o!

Mu che che che che che che

https://www.nairaland.com/1850029/how-married-woman-almost-seduced

"WE" made history on page 1! grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1850029/how-married-woman-almost-seduced/1
Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by tranxo(m): 6:27pm On Aug 12, 2014
justi4jesu: I guess....i will know soon
congrats
Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by joywendy(f): 6:38pm On Aug 12, 2014
brilapluz:
exactly what I was saying but he said that love itself doesn't exist that the love we see now is lust and not love. True but you can respect someone you don't love. True or false?
First of all, what is love and what is respect?
Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by brilapluz(m): 7:22pm On Aug 12, 2014
joywendy: exactly what I was saying but he said that love itself doesn't exist that the love we see now is lust and not love. True but you can respect someone you don't love. True or false?

but he said that love itself doesn't exist that the love we see now is lust and not love.
i tink he is entitled to his own opinion about love but in some cases many confuse lust with love or maybe he doesnt understand the REAL MEANING OF LOVE AND LUST.

True but you can respect someone you don't love. True or false?
false...one introduces the other...in this case love begets respect...i give u an instance,if you dont love your parents,its obvious that you will surely disrespect or disregard them..

LOVE--before i define the word love,be reminded that LOVE has a variety of related but distinct meanings in different contexts but the LOVE that concerns our discuss is TRUE LOVE...is love you have for a person whom you are deeply committed and greatly VALUE !
RESPECT--1.admire (someone or something) deeply, as a result of their abilities, qualities, or achievements. 2.esteem, admire, think highly of, have a high opinion of, hold in (high) esteem, think much of, appreciate, CHERISH, VALUE, TREASURE

N.B--i never said love and respect are the SAME!
Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by beeevan: 7:57pm On Aug 12, 2014
Humans aren't capable of unconditional love, in or out of marriage. Only a mother's love stand a chance at being unconditional.
Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by joywendy(f): 8:17pm On Aug 12, 2014
brilapluz:

i tink he is entitled to his own opinion about love but in some cases many confuse lust with love or maybe he doesnt understand the REAL MEANING OF LOVE AND LUST.

false...one introduces the other...in this case love begets respect...i give u an instance,if you dont love your parents,its obvious that you will surely disrespect or disregard them..

LOVE--before i define the word love,be reminded that LOVE has a variety of related but distinct meanings in different contexts but the LOVE that concerns our discuss is TRUE LOVE...is love you have for a person whom you are deeply committed and greatly VALUE !
RESPECT--1.admire (someone or something) deeply, as a result of their abilities, qualities, or achievements. 2.esteem, admire, think highly of, have a high opinion of, hold in (high) esteem, think much of, appreciate, CHERISH, VALUE, TREASURE

N.B--i never said love and respect are the SAME!

of course he is entitled to his own opinion. Probably he does and probably he doesn't. What is then the difference between the two?
First of all, you are looking at this from one perceptive, it is very possible to respect someone you don't love. The case between a student and a teacher can be used as an example. A student can hate a teacher but still gives him/her respect. Just so that he/she can probably just have good grades and all. Would you say that love is neccesary here? What of the case between an empolyer and employee?

You haven't defined love to me. You defined true love not love.You used the word I ask you to define to define what I didn't ask you to define. Mind you we aren't talking about true love here but unconditional love according to the thread. If true love is what you say then true love itself can fade which most people would argue that it isn't true. Good you defined respect well, so you agree that respect has different definitions?
If you are not saying that love and respect are the same then why are the words admire and cherish both synonymous with the word love in bold font?
So I ask again what is love? Please don't go round the bush,just hit the nail on the head.Thanks
Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by omoadeleye(m): 8:59pm On Aug 12, 2014
KanwuliaJara:

This is just a temp ID.
I don't wish to invest time in fixing up temp IDs.
My other IDs are still RRRRRRRROCKING!

Others are in taking a break in PRISON! cheesy

Dem still dey cry for this thread o!

Mu che che che che che che

https://www.nairaland.com/1850029/how-married-woman-almost-seduced

"WE" made history on page 1! grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1850029/how-married-woman-almost-seduced/1
Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by brilapluz(m): 9:28pm On Aug 12, 2014
joywendy: of course he is entitled to his own opinion. Probably he does and probably he doesn't. What is then the difference between the two?
First of all, you are looking at this from one perceptive, it is very possible to respect someone you don't love. The case between a student and a teacher can be used as an example. A student can hate a teacher but still gives him/her respect. Just so that he/she can probably just have good grades and all. Would you say that love is neccesary here? What of the case between an empolyer and employee?

You haven't defined love to me. You defined true love not love.you used the word I ask you to define to define what I asked you to define. Mind you we aren't talking about true love here but unconditional love according to the thread. If true love is what you say then true love itself can fade which most people would argue that it isn't true. Good you defined respect well, so you agree that respect has different definitions?
If you are not saying that love and respect are the same then why are the words admire and cherish both synonymous with the word love in bold font?
So I ask again what is love? Please don't go round the bush,just hit the nail on the head.Thanks

of course he is entitled to his own opinion. Probably he does and probably he doesn't. What is then the difference between the two?
atleast we agree on one thing:everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion
You haven't defined love to me. You defined true love not love.you used the word I ask you to define to define what I asked you to define.
i guess u never read what i said about love...let me repeat it again for you
before i define the word love,be reminded that LOVE has a variety of related but distinct meanings in different contexts but the LOVE that concerns our discuss is TRUE LOVE
hope we are clear on that...remember the love we are referring to is hinged or related to RESPECT..we werent talking about unconditional love...i hope u now understand my point!
it is very possible to respect someone you don't love.
well thats ur opinion which u r entitled to..
The case between a student and a teacher can be used as an example. A student can hate a teacher but still gives him/her respect. Just so that he/she can probably just have good grades and all. Would you say that love is neccesary here? What of the case between an empolyer and employee?
cheesy...well i have had such experiences and believe me wen i tell you that the RESPECT i had for some(not all cos some were exceptional) of my teachers then were CAJOLED and not genuine and just like you 'indirectly said',it was done to gain favour or to obtain marks 4rm such lecturers or teachers...let me ask..have you ever admired or valued the undeniable qualities of a good teacher up until now? such persons will forever be treasured in your heart due to their impact in ur life..thats the respect am talking about not the one forced on you!
You haven't defined love to me. You defined true love not love.You used the word I ask you to define to define what I didn't ask you to define.
like i said previously, LOVE has a variety of related but distinct meanings in different contexts
Also i must admit that i used true love,but i used it because its closely related to RESPECT...
If true love is what you say then true love itself can fade which most people would argue that it isn't true.
still its only ur opinion and i respect that...and am thankful you know ur opinion of true love is debatable wink
Good you defined respect well, so you agree that respect has different definitions?
lol..ok my friend let me explain...wen i said (true cheesy)love and respect are not the same,i only meant that they are closely related in the sense that one gives birth to another...just like belief produces faith and understanding produces trust...they may slightly have different meanings but are closely related to each other...shey u get my point?
So I ask again what is love? Please don't go round the bush,just hit the nail on the head
smiley my dear...its really difficult 2 give love a universal meaning unless you are specific ....but d kind of love i defined which is TRUE LOVE is closely connected to RESPECT...and that is d point am trying to stress...if you have something different that is connected to respect,please feel free to let me know....
finally,what i have said are based on my opinions,experiences and researches...and i do not intend to drag dis issue any further thereby derailing the thread...but if u want 2 discuss further,u can send me a pm and we can discus but dats ur choice not mine wink
Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by amosdrizzy: 10:18pm On Aug 12, 2014
fu*k love

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fairy Tales Our Grand Parents Told Us / Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria / Soldier Reunited With Mom After 30 Years (Thanks to google) ;D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.