Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Police Shoot Anti-boko Haram Protesters In Borno - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Shoot Anti-boko Haram Protesters In Borno (22143 Views)

Police Arrest 125 Pro-biafra Protesters In Delta / We’ll Crush Pro-biafra Protesters In Rivers —governor Wike Warns / Soldiers Beat-up Brigade Commander Over Anti-boko Haram Deployment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Shoot Anti-boko Haram Protesters In Borno by bollify(m): 2:52pm On Aug 10, 2014
ideology:
If you were soldier going to save people and you find out that some of the people u wanna save are supporting the enemy,

1. how will you feel?
2. How successful do you think you will be?
3. list one method of gathering information that the citizens will not be along the chain.
. The duty of the millitary is to protect the people, nomatter what the some of the people may be doing, now do you realise that part of the terrorist are from these people and the millitary are aware of this ever before they set out on a mission to rescue the situation? Hence it is imperative for them to realise that some of the people ( who may even be members disguising as ordinary citizen as agents transfering information from the town to their camps). Hence, it is within their millitary jurisdiction to find and locate this ones and seprate them from the main citizen without putting the blame on the citizen. This is part of the trainings they recieve as millitary men which distinguish them from the civillians. Please bro, we need to condem the cowardice act of the policeman that took that shot. That is a very wrong thing to do. Meanwhile, let us also enjoy our fellow country men in these areas at this time to please be a little bit more patient and obey the rules and regulations given to them so we can together win the war against these enemy of nigeria. Thanks so much.

1 Like

Re: Police Shoot Anti-boko Haram Protesters In Borno by hamilton62(m): 2:58pm On Aug 10, 2014
9ja4Change:

Hmmm... Do we still have ethnocentric myopic self-centred bigot like you. Continue fooling yourself, Ebola Jonathan is theworst thing that has ever happened to Nigeria. Is he the only non northerner or xtian that has ever ruled? Stop creating unnecessary stupid lame excuses for him pls. No body is forcing him to make the stupid mistakes he is always making. For God sake, he is the C-in-C, with all the security apparatus at his disposal, to date he still cldnt prove anybody is behind boko haram simply implies that he is behind them.
You are truly an aasvogel and myopic in your hypermetropic state for saying that, how will you know administration when in aasvogel kingdom anything works.
See, they executive arm of govt only need to tell you what you need to know and not their intel because every Govt does it. So shut up and fall in or leave Nigeria before your BP soars.
The truth is like a raw bitter leaf to a defaulter.
Thanks.
Re: Police Shoot Anti-boko Haram Protesters In Borno by ideology(m): 3:05pm On Aug 10, 2014
bollify: . The duty of the millitary is to protect the people, nomatter what the some of the people may be doing, now do you realise that part of the terrorist are from these people and the millitary are aware of this ever before they set out on a mission to rescue the situation? Hence it is imperative for them to realise that some of the people ( who may even be members disguising as ordinary citizen as agents transfering information from the town to their camps). Hence, it is within their millitary jurisdiction to find and locate this ones and seprate them from the main citizen without putting the blame on the citizen. This is part of the trainings they recieve as millitary men which distinguish them from the civillians. Please bro, we need to condem the cowardice act of the policeman that took that shot. That is a very wrong thing to do. Meanwhile, let us also enjoy our fellow country men in these areas at this time to please be a little bit more patient and obey the rules and regulations given to them so we can together win the war against these enemy of nigeria. Thanks so much.

Thanks for being objective, am in no way supporting police killing the citizens.
Besides I can't say what really transpired at the scene neither can I conclude from news reports, we know lots of propaganda flying around.

But I doubt if the military can easily sort out the bad eggs, secret service agents should be used as undercover.

Moreso, this BH issue is beyond what many think it is, lots of soldiers have lost their lives, others badly injured. You will hardly see it on news. If I be soldier go no go fight this kind of battle at all
Re: Police Shoot Anti-boko Haram Protesters In Borno by Caseless: 3:08pm On Aug 10, 2014
RoyalRoy:

Not a good analysis from you at all.

So the military has to solely rely on civilians for intelligence?

You actually expect that the army should be sleeping and waiting for civilians to come and feed it with info before they can act?

Joker
spot-on!
U jst took d word out of my mouth.
Lordmecunzy didn't make sense at all!

2 Likes

Re: Police Shoot Anti-boko Haram Protesters In Borno by IYANGBALI: 4:35pm On Aug 10, 2014
Omo hausa women get breassts o
Re: Police Shoot Anti-boko Haram Protesters In Borno by PhumiTJ(f): 5:06pm On Aug 10, 2014
darlingtonNYIG: One bad thing about Nigerians is that we don't heed to warnings; the Military categorically stated two days ago that any state under emergency rule prohibits protests, announcements where made on various media houses so why did they flaunt it and come to protest. Well they where told any injury is at their own peril. They should assist the army to disarm the terrorists rather than protest unnecessarily when most of them are the informants for the sect. Mtcheeeww

I TRIPPLE LIKE YOUR COMMENT : )
Re: Police Shoot Anti-boko Haram Protesters In Borno by Princejboy(m): 10:10pm On Aug 10, 2014
Lordseyad: The Nigeria police on Saturday shot at over 2000 people in Maiduguri who were
protesting negligence and the federal government’s failure to tackle Boko
Haram militants.

The demonstrators comprised some lucky residents of Gwoza town in the
southern part of Borno State who had escaped when the militants captured their
town from Nigeria troops. Fleeing to Maiduguri, they took their protest to the
streets with various placards, some of them proclaiming that Nigerian troops
had failed to regain Gwoza from the terrorist group.

The protesters were heading towards Government House when a police officer
shot one of them in the head. When the victim fell, a commotion ensured which
took soldiers deployed to the scene an hour before they could restore normalcy.
Hawa Ibrahim, a Gwoza resident, said, "If it means to die for our people we are
ready as you can see one of us was shot by police simply because we're saying
they should dislodge Boko Haram militants from Gwoza.”

Also speaking, Muhammad Umar noted that Gwoza has been under siege for the
past five days. “For Allah’s sake, do they expect us to keep silent when
nothing has been done about,” the teacher queried.

The Borno State Police Command on Saturday responded by banning public
demonstrations, citing the security situation in the state, which is under
emergency rule.

Police spokesman Gideon Jubrin said in a press statement that such
demonstrations were capable of causing disharmony, anarchy and
pandemonium in Borno State.
what is the problem with our police?
Re: Police Shoot Anti-boko Haram Protesters In Borno by ak47mann(m): 8:56am On Aug 12, 2014
VIDEO OF ISIS executing students in IRAQ please this video may disturb some viewers but here is the truth cool

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=706773732727983

Re: Police Shoot Anti-boko Haram Protesters In Borno by samally: 10:21pm On Sep 11, 2014
lakhadimar: I am sure you arent dyslexic. Read my post again i did not mention Maiduguri.

Bama
Damboa
Gwoza - are all in the complete control of Boko Haram

NO...my brain is functioning well..and am telling you that by the date you posted this message i drove from damazak to biu to maiduguri..i believe if you know the route very well you won't ask me any question anymore
Re: Police Shoot Anti-boko Haram Protesters In Borno by tit(f): 1:31am On Sep 12, 2014
Lordseyad: Hawa Ibrahim, a Gwoza resident, said, "If it means to die for our people we are
ready as you can see one of us was shot by police simply because we're saying
they should dislodge Boko Haram militants from Gwoza.”

Ms. Hawa, you for die in Gwoza.
if you ready to die before, why you run como gwoza?
No need to suffer yourself from Gwoza to Maiduguri just to die.
Re: Police Shoot Anti-boko Haram Protesters In Borno by hamilton62(m): 3:55pm On Feb 18, 2015
9ja4Change:

Hmmm... Do we still have ethnocentric myopic self-centred bigot like you. Continue fooling yourself, Ebola Jonathan is theworst thing that has ever happened to Nigeria. Is he the only non northerner or xtian that has ever ruled? Stop creating unnecessary stupid lame excuses for him pls. No body is forcing him to make the stupid mistakes he is always making. For God sake, he is the C-in-C, with all the security apparatus at his disposal, to date he still cldnt prove anybody is behind boko haram simply implies that he is behind them.
Yes, he is the worst thing that has ever happened to your family and still will be since your politician of a father didn't teach you how to respect elders by calling a president thing. I am really sorry, you've shown you apex of embittered nature highlighting you are a bigot and from political family... You guys are our problem oooooooo!
Re: Police Shoot Anti-boko Haram Protesters In Borno by 9ja4Change(m): 10:13am On Feb 19, 2015
hamilton62:

Yes, he is the worst thing that has ever happened to your family and still will be since your politician of a father didn't teach you how to respect elders by calling a president thing. I am really sorry, you've shown you apex of embittered nature highlighting you are a bigot and from political family... You guys are our problem oooooooo!

Deal with the issues I raised and stop blabbing roooobish!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

June 12: Peter Obi's Democracy Day Message To Nigerians / Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips / Mr. Aye Dee Joins APC, PDP Supporters Cry Foul

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.