Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin (38613 Views)

PDP Winning Imo Despite Trailing With Wide Margin, Party Insists / Atiku Leads APC Poll With Wide Margin - Dailypost Poll / BREAKING: APC’s Aregbesola Wins Osun Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by gawu1: 11:48am On Aug 10, 2014
Mboi: I congratulate president GEJ for making elections in Nigeria today free and fair. Also I like the fact that electorates are waking up to say "NO" to rigging and wrong candidates because elections cannot be rigged if the masses do not comply. Political killings,thuggery and snatching of ballot boxes are now things of d past. I love d way APC won Osun because PDP did not present the right candidate. Congrats Aregbe!!!!!!!
My friend, we pray it should be over. But sincerely it's not yet over. They have tried it only that the eagle eye of Osun people defeated them. There were cases of attempted ballot snatching, etc. But waite, what do you think 73,000 federal gov't drafted in security personnels went to Osun to do? Security? My foot!!! Why not Gwaza & Sambisa? Hundreds of opposition members were arrested but not a single case where PDP person was reported arrested or is it only APC members that were breaching the law?
Don't be deceived. You seems to have forgotten the '' I have no shoes'' story.

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by dcitizen1: 11:49am On Aug 10, 2014
I congratulate rauf for his victory in the keenly contested election based on his welfare programme in the state. However , i salute omisore for his sheer determination, courage and grass root mobilisation against the incumbent governor despite media propangada to snare his reputation. He secured over 292 thousnad vote against the incument with 394 thousand vote. It shows that he is a grassroot mobilizer and credible candidates. To rauf, the battle is not over ,yet becos the victory was a narrow victory and omisore's capability is not enough to match the incumbency factor.

The election is also pointer to the fact that all allegation targeted at snaring omisore personality has bitten the dust and he is indeed a very credible person considering the number of vote that he secured at the just concluded election. We need the support and mobilisation strategy of omisore to be exported to lagos to dislogde apc in lagos state come 2015. The apc as a party is still enjoying its injury time in lagos.

Rauf should not rejoice over dis narrow victory becos a lot of work need to be done to redeem his image as an islamic fundamentalist becos of his unpopular educational policy in the state and he need to improve the welfare of the citizen by giving them a sustainable job for a life time instead of handout dat will increase the depth profile of the state.

Gej victory come 2015 will be a easy one. He will certainly secure 40 percent of osun which he lost in the last presidential election.

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by PassingShot(m): 11:50am On Aug 10, 2014
Olaone1: APC should be worried. If an unsellable personality like Omisore could disturb APC leaders this much in their backyard, then, the party should be particularly concerned. Something is definitely wrong and they urgently need to go back to their drawing board.
I didn't even expect Omisore to garner as much votes. The electorate seemed glaringly tired of APC as made evident through the results. It should be a real concern. This wasn't even conceivable just 3 years ago when APC/ACN enjoyed unanimous public support.
APC needs to re-strategize and connect more with the electorate because the electorate now appear noticeably clued-up. My people don't want elitist leaders.
This should be a soul-searching moment.
My take

Nothing wrong than the fact that Omisore spent millions in bribing hungry voters and PDP returned more votes in Ife than the number actually accredited.
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by Olaone1: 11:50am On Aug 10, 2014
jmaine:

Well spoken my guy, their jubilant mood should be toned down cos the ominous signs are not good. Aregbe should aggressively work harder this term to ensure the next APC candidate has a good footing to launch his campaign

If he continues with his current approach, his successor might have an herculean task overcoming the next onslaught . . . . . .
Trust me, APC would have lost had PDP fielded a sell-able personality.

Like I said, this should be a soul-searching moment and not a victory parade. It is all about being elitist as a party. You can't continue to tell people to endure when you continue to live like mafia bosses. You rightly bulldoze houses to make the streets look like London while you have annoyingly refused to live like leaders in London. Your convoys continue to get longer with at least 15 cars and 10 outriders. Yet, you tell people to endure...that these are trying times. What nonsense! You continue to display this annoying elitist mindset to the detriment of your teeming masses/followers. Perception is everything in politics. And, the 'voting class' have a less-than-appreciative perception of the party right now.
And, adopting knee-jerk, band-aid reactions will NOT work either. For example, Ajimobi just distributed 500 bags of rice/local government in Oyo State. That right there is political band-aidism. Such primitive fire-brigade approach hardly achieves lasting and enduring results. That's acute short-sightedness. Instead, things should be viewed holistically and organically.

Well, they can continue to pretend all is well. That appears to be their stock-in trade.

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by Youngsage: 11:53am On Aug 10, 2014
congrats ooo ogbeni aregbesola!!! Hehehe. Now where is 'Chino' and his team? Smh grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by PassingShot(m): 11:54am On Aug 10, 2014
Olaone1:

Like I said, this should be a soul-searching moment and not a victory parade. It is all about being elitist as a party. You can't continue to tell people to endure when you continue to live like mafia bosses. You rightly bulldoze houses to make the streets look like London while you have annoyingly refused to live like leaders in London. Your convoys continue to get longer with at least 15 cars and 10 outriders. Yet, you tell people to endure...that it is a trying moment. What nonsense! You continue to display this annoying elitist mindset to the detriment of your teeming masses/followers. Perception is everything in politics. And, the 'voting class' have a less-than-appreciative perception of the party right now.
And, adopting knee-jerk, band-aid reactions will NOT work either. For example, Ajimobi just distributed 500 bags of rice/local government in Oyo State. That right there is political band-aidism. Such a primitive fire-brigade approach hardly achieves lasting and enduring results. That's acute short-sightedness. Instead, things should be viewed holistically and organically.

Well, they can continue to pretend all is well. That appears to be their stock-in trade.

@the bolded, pls tell me it's not true. If that man is not careful, he will lose to PDP next year.
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by EMMABC1(m): 11:55am On Aug 10, 2014
Where is that annoying local champ and loud drum called Chino or Chinology who left d security job he was sent to do in Osun only to join in d PDP 'free' madness. I think u shud wish other pple what u wud wish ur self. U did not want an Andy Uba or his bro 4ur state, then why wud u want an Omisore for Osun. The people have truely spoken just like they did in anambra. I'm really happy 4 Osun pple.
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by Olaone1: 11:56am On Aug 10, 2014
PassingShot:

@the bolded, pls tell me it's not true. If that man is not careful, he will lose to PDP next year.

100% true

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by Olaone1: 11:58am On Aug 10, 2014
PassingShot:

Nothing wrong than the fact that Omisore spent millions in bribing hungry voters and PDP returned more votes in Ife than the number actually accredited.
This would have achieved nothing 3 years ago. No matter how you dice it, APC should examine things

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by gawu1: 11:59am On Aug 10, 2014
bokoslayer: All thanks goes to GEJ for keeping his promises of ensuring a free, fair election and security agents for keeping the people of Osun safe.

I can say it out loudly that elections in Osun and Ekiti States were free and fair.

Kudos to GEJ
Losers!!! By their words you shall know them. Those who Seat on fence are hypocrites. Please go and wine free & fair with your GEJ. For me, I dey jolly jolly win with my Arigbe shaa. Congrate to...loser...GEJ... MY FOOT!!!
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by PassingShot(m): 12:04pm On Aug 10, 2014
Olaone1:
This would have achieved nothing 3 years ago. No matter how you dice it, APC should examine things

Though I generally have sympathy for APC, I however belong to no party. I have voted for PDP candidates in the past and I can still vote for another candidate from them. For me especially at the state level, my vote goes to individuals and not party. But for federal election, it can NEVER be PDP.

So whether APC examine things or not, that's there problems.
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by gawu1: 12:04pm On Aug 10, 2014
twosquare: don't even think it twice,that's what will happen.
Stop crying!!!
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by legendsilver(m): 12:07pm On Aug 10, 2014
porka:

Why are you not tired of the same people leading Lagos since 1999?

I want a change. PDP in LAGOS and APC at the Federal LEVEL.
Let's give the Angel we don't know a chance and see what his outcome for 4yrs will be.
If the Angel fails, then the world should end at once.
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 10, 2014
Isryl02: If u fail to do the needful now, may EBOLA locate you. cheesy cheesy grin
Awon oniranu tongue
Guy, calm down, PDP wont take your party to court .. O.k,

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by Nobody: 12:13pm On Aug 10, 2014
gawu1:
Losers!!! By their words you shall know them. Those who Seat on fence are hypocrites. Please go and wine free & fair with your GEJ. For me, I dey jolly jolly win with my Arigbe shaa. Congrate to...loser...GEJ... MY FOOT!!!
You are so so lucky it wasnt OBJ dat was at the helm of affairs. Ur story would av change .
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by legendsilver(m): 12:17pm On Aug 10, 2014
Olaone1:

Like I said, this should be a soul-searching moment and not a victory parade. It is all about being elitist as a party. You can't continue to tell people to endure when you continue to live like mafia bosses. You rightly bulldoze houses to make the streets look like London while you have annoyingly refused to live like leaders in London. Your convoys continue to get longer with at least 15 cars and 10 outriders. Yet, you tell people to endure...that these are trying times. What nonsense! You continue to display this annoying elitist mindset to the detriment of your teeming masses/followers. Perception is everything in politics. And, the 'voting class' have a less-than-appreciative perception of the party right now.
And, adopting knee-jerk, band-aid reactions will NOT work either. For example, Ajimobi just distributed 500 bags of rice/local government in Oyo State. That right there is political band-aidism. Such primitive fire-brigade approach hardly achieves lasting and enduring results. That's acute short-sightedness. Instead, things should be viewed holistically and organically.

Are you saying in essence that people of OYO state are following the footstep of "ALATENUJEs" in EKITI state? shocked grin grin grin grin
Na wa for south west this days o!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by gawu1: 12:25pm On Aug 10, 2014
Olaone1:

''PDP would have lost had APC fielded a sell-able personality in Anambra''??.
''Obasanjo would have lost had ANPP fielded sell-able personality, so on so on''??
Losers shall be known by their words!!! It doesn't work like that. ''Had I know'' always came last
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by Toktee(m): 12:57pm On Aug 10, 2014
lokito: The people that broke out of PDP to APC this year are the same people that was looting Ballot boxes for PDP in the previous elections. Now since they're very 'ballot-looting' conscious why won't they win with a wide margin?
that is good if that is the only way to get rid of the cult called pdp,we will beat them in their own game,meanwhile,cry me river jordan,pdp will never rule osun state again.
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by gawu1: 1:03pm On Aug 10, 2014
dcitizen1: I congratulate rauf for his victory in the keenly contested election based on his welfare programme in the state. However , i salute omisore for his sheer determination, courage and grass root mobilisation against the incumbent governor despite media propangada to snare his reputation. He secured over 292 thousnad vote against the incument with 394 thousand vote. It shows that he is a grassroot mobilizer and credible candidates. To rauf, the battle is not over ,yet becos the victory was a narrow victory and omisore's capability is not enough to match the incumbency factor.

The election is also pointer to the fact that all allegation targeted at snaring omisore personality has bitten the dust and he is indeed a very credible person considering the number of vote that he secured at the just concluded election. We need the support and mobilisation strategy of omisore to be exported to lagos to dislogde apc in lagos state come 2015. The apc as a party is still enjoying its injury time in lagos.

Rauf should not rejoice over dis narrow victory becos a lot of work need to be done to redeem his image as an islamic fundamentalist becos of his unpopular educational policy in the state and he need to improve the welfare of the citizen by giving them a sustainable job for a life time instead of handout dat will increase the depth profile of the state.

Gej victory come 2015 will be a easy one. He will certainly secure 40 percent of osun which he lost in the last presidential election.
It's like you are living in another planet, if not it bit my imaginations why you failed to see that each side had employed snare propaganda to swell supports to their side. For example, Arigbe was tagged Boko Haram, islamic fundamentalist, al qaeda, supporter of APC, etc. In fact, they say his party is islamic party model from Egyptian islamic brother'hood. Thank God for Arigbe, CAN Stood behind him & refused to buy such stupid propaganda.
Again, I disagree that he won narrowly. The votes between is over 100,000, yet you called it narrow? You even failed to see that it was against the federal might that Rauf won. The number of votes Omisore got was not because of his grass root connection, but because he contested under PDP platform. If he had contested under another party, my friend, the story would have seen different. So don't be deceived.
For me, I ascribed Rauf victory to the fact that APC learned their lessons from Ekiti & block all avenue of rigging.
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by tabaralph: 1:12pm On Aug 10, 2014
the good people of osun state i salute your courage,despite the fact that they share money and bags of rice for them ,the people still vote according to their conscience unlike some state that will eat 4 derica of rice for the next for yrs,,,,,,,,insult me and go and die
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by jmaine: 1:14pm On Aug 10, 2014
Olaone1:

The bold is so true. Time shall tell . . . . .
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by DaBullIT(m): 1:16pm On Aug 10, 2014
tsolz84: you are classic example why the worst of humans should be denied the luxury of reproduction..giv us evidence!!show us evidence dumb as5hole..or 4eva remain silent!i never said osun is my state of origin;cant u comprehend?ODE;i was shown luv and hospitality by d good pple of osun;u dnt expect me to speak ill of the indigenes;capisch?

That's my point , you are not from here , you served for a few months ,at most a year I lived mostly there ,don't argue with me , I know what don't know . If you want info , ask politely , someone did yesterday and we didn't insult each other , I'm gonna be older and wiser now : search election violence in 2011 ,its cheap on Google , punchng has archives you can read to your satisfaction . I'm not posting anymore links for immature virtual hulk hogan like your self , so shut up and stop quoting me

Buhbye now , see you never
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by eaglechild: 1:18pm On Aug 10, 2014
Another four years of misery and retrogression.

I pity Osun people.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by jmaine: 1:19pm On Aug 10, 2014
gawu1:
It's like you are living in another planet, if not it bit my imaginations why you failed to see that each side had employed snare propaganda to swell supports to their side. For example, Arigbe was tagged Boko Haram, islamic fundamentalist, al qaeda, supporter of APC, etc. In fact, they say his party is islamic party model from Egyptian islamic brother'hood. Thank God for Arigbe, CAN Stood behind him & refused to buy such stupid propaganda.
Again, I disagree that he won narrowly. The votes between is over 100,000, yet you called it narrow? You even failed to see that it was against the federal might that Rauf won. The number of votes Omisore got was not because of his grass root connection, but because he contested under PDP platform. If he had contested under another party, my friend, the story would have seen different. So don't be deceived.
For me, I ascribed Rauf victory to the fact that APC learned their lessons from Ekiti & block all avenue of rigging

Am very interested with the bold . .Kindly expatiate . . . .
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by jmaine: 1:23pm On Aug 10, 2014
legendsilver:
Are you saying in essence that people of OYO state are following the footstep of "ALATENUJEs" in EKITI state? shocked grin grin grin grin
Na wa for south west this days o!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Olodo, who ate the Aregbe odourless fufu ? Ekiti people am so sure . . . .

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1601928_stomach_infrastructure_jpeg4eca6807aeebc71427c71698342d4cfe
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by jmaine: 1:25pm On Aug 10, 2014
eaglechild: Another four years of misery and retrogression.

I pity Osun people.

Please let us respect and accept their choice . . .They chose their leader so let them be . . .Thanks . .
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by eaglechild: 1:31pm On Aug 10, 2014
jmaine:

Please let us respect and accept their choice . . .They chose their leader so let them be . . .Thanks . .

No problem.
But it think it is only humane to show them sympathy.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by 1miccza: 1:31pm On Aug 10, 2014
speaktome:

Bros dats a proverb

Hun??
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by elohorayodele: 1:37pm On Aug 10, 2014
We must commend the FG under GEJ for allowing a free and fair election. In the midst of all allegations, arrests and pointless noise-making by the opposition, the elections was free n fair and the same APC who have since announced a grand plan by the PDP to rig the election won the same election.
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by jmaine: 1:38pm On Aug 10, 2014
eaglechild:

No problem.
But it think it is only humane to show them sympathy.

Sympathy is quite different from respecting and accepting their rights to choose their leaders . . .

Sympathy sounds degrading and insults the sensibilities and awareness of the Osun state electorates. . ..
Re: Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin by eaglechild: 1:45pm On Aug 10, 2014
jmaine:

Sympathy is quite different from respecting and accepting their rights to choose their leaders . . .

Sympathy sounds degrading and insults the sensibilities and awareness of the Osun state electorates. . ..
Lol!

I was only being sarcastic.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Olisa Metuh Willing To Return N400m To FG – Lawyer / I do not know the woman: Diri Dismisses Claims Of Leaking Sifuba's Sextape / J. Martins Begs Jonathan For Forgiveness: No Freedom Of Speech, Corruption Worse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.