Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,946 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Nigerian Troops Recapture Damboa : Photos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Troops Recapture Damboa : Photos (41849 Views)

Troops’ Rout Boko Haram RPG Factory, Slay Terrorists In Damboa [PHOTOS] / After Troops Recapture Mubi Town From Boko Haram, Life Returns (pics) / Military Recaptured Damboa And Gwoza Hills From Boko Haram- Bbc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Troops Recapture Damboa : Photos by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 10, 2014
Na wetin u fit talk b dat
Blackteeth: I love their uniform.
Re: Nigerian Troops Recapture Damboa : Photos by 4Play(m): 6:33pm On Aug 10, 2014
I hear the Nigerian army was pushed out of Damboa town and they only hold the road leading to Maiduguri.

Despite Nigerian Government sponsored disinformation, sources on both sides confirm that 70% of Damboa Town is under rebel control, 10% is held by the Army, while 20% is contested.

However the situation is still very fluid and can change at any time. But as now, the whole of Damboa Town and surrounding areas are controlled by the rebels except the highway to Maiduguri.

NB: on the evening of Friday 8th and the morning of Saturday 9th insurgent counter-attacks pushed the Army out of Damboa totally and resulted in a retreat by the soldiers to Government-held positions along the highway to Maiduguri the state capital. Two US Army advisors were reportedly present at during the Nigerian Army’s assault, along with an unidentified American ‘civilian’ who was introduced as ‘William Reid’.

[url]http://fulansitrep./ [/url]
Re: Nigerian Troops Recapture Damboa : Photos by Emeca: 6:36pm On Aug 10, 2014
Danhumprey:
Have Sahara reporters ever praise the effort of our troop,no matter how small? Have they?

is it part of their job description??
Re: Nigerian Troops Recapture Damboa : Photos by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 10, 2014
Nd d U.S, u are saying God shld punish, are d ones helping nd building ur nation called Nigeria
Yungmilio2: God bless Nigeria
God bless Nigerian Soldiers
God punish US.
Re: Nigerian Troops Recapture Damboa : Photos by purplekayc(m): 6:36pm On Aug 10, 2014
How much as the federal government spent on this war so far?
Re: Nigerian Troops Recapture Damboa : Photos by 1stola: 6:36pm On Aug 10, 2014
Plus10:
They hardly report anything good about our Military effort against terorism...
Well, I can't really blame them. Nigerian military are mostly good at oppressing innocent civilians. eg, punishing people that wears camouflage, harassing people that holds discord with them, etc.
Re: Nigerian Troops Recapture Damboa : Photos by 1stola: 6:37pm On Aug 10, 2014
Plus10:
They hardly report anything good about our Military effort against terorism...
Re: Nigerian Troops Recapture Damboa : Photos by Badassniggga(m): 6:38pm On Aug 10, 2014
Fourwinds:
bomb
oh i see.. Thanks man
Re: Nigerian Troops Recapture Damboa : Photos by betatalk: 6:38pm On Aug 10, 2014
Danhumprey: But why are Sahara reporters bias in their news coverage and report?

Let's get our facts right before we comment saw it on sahara reporters before I saw it here.
Re: Nigerian Troops Recapture Damboa : Photos by Mekateka: 6:42pm On Aug 10, 2014
Danhumprey: But why are Sahara reporters bias in their news coverage and report?
they are bokoharam media agents

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Recapture Damboa : Photos by Ovamboland(m): 6:44pm On Aug 10, 2014
You mean the Boko Haram situation is so hopeless that Nigerian Army now use howitzers to fight within our territory?
Re: Nigerian Troops Recapture Damboa : Photos by ITbomb(m): 6:44pm On Aug 10, 2014
Badassniggga: What made that big hole in the ground?
The same thing that the suicide bombers use to blow themselves

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Recapture Damboa : Photos by Fourwinds: 6:46pm On Aug 10, 2014
Badassniggga: oh i see.. Thanks man
u are welcome
Re: Nigerian Troops Recapture Damboa : Photos by tit(f): 6:47pm On Aug 10, 2014
ITbomb:
The same thing that the suicide bombers use to blow themselves
touche
Re: Nigerian Troops Recapture Damboa : Photos by Butoneday2(m): 6:48pm On Aug 10, 2014
angry undecided Capturing or Recapturing of demboa is not my biz, dey shuld bring dose babes ASAP?
Re: Nigerian Troops Recapture Damboa : Photos by Nihilist: 6:50pm On Aug 10, 2014
You mean nobody has actually questioned this photo over 4 pages of comments?

How do we know that that is Damboa?

I see a burnt out truck, a road, a hole in the road, and some men with guns...and nothing to indicate anything at all.

Not even a single house?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Recapture Damboa : Photos by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 10, 2014
I Totally agree with you, i just got recently blocked on their facebook account for criticizing them
Re: Nigerian Troops Recapture Damboa : Photos by ally2014: 7:05pm On Aug 10, 2014
God bless,guide n protect soldiers
Re: Nigerian Troops Recapture Damboa : Photos by Cway86(f): 7:05pm On Aug 10, 2014
May God protect u all, make us proud.
Re: Nigerian Troops Recapture Damboa : Photos by coretechng1(m): 7:07pm On Aug 10, 2014
So does this mean some nigerian teritory was under the control of Boko Haram and thus needs recapturing? Hmm
Re: Nigerian Troops Recapture Damboa : Photos by 4Play(m): 7:08pm On Aug 10, 2014
Nihilist: You mean nobody has actually questioned this photo over 4 pages of comments?

How do we know that that is Damboa?

I see a burnt out truck, a road, a hole in the road, and some men with guns...and nothing to indicate anything at all.

Not even a single house?

People so dearly want to believe that Boko Haram is being defeated that they are unable to engage their critical faculties. It has been the same story for years on this forum. I created a thread that explores the possibility that things are much worse than Nigerians realise with foreign jihadists joining the fight. https://www.nairaland.com/1851652/nigerians-sleep-towns-borno-fall. The impression I get is that the Nigerian army only holds the highway to Maiduguri and that Damboa itself is firmly in the hands of jihadists - the Nigerian army can always release pictures of Damboa town itself if they beg to differ.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Recapture Damboa : Photos by Cway86(f): 7:09pm On Aug 10, 2014
holyboss: So does this mean I can relocate to Damboa undecided

Who stop u before? Pls come I will arrange for u free house, food, someone to worm ur bed and even send u money for up keep. Contact when u are ready.
Re: Nigerian Troops Recapture Damboa : Photos by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 10, 2014
Good one
Re: Nigerian Troops Recapture Damboa : Photos by kingthreat(m): 7:20pm On Aug 10, 2014
I was so happy to see this. Had to design this.

Kindly share to support our heroes

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Recapture Damboa : Photos by hardbody: 7:23pm On Aug 10, 2014
lakhadimar: This report is a lie from the defence HQ the same way they initially lied that they'v rescued the abducted chibok girls.

Damboa is still in the firm grip of Boko Haram so also is Gwoza and Bama

your source sir?
Re: Nigerian Troops Recapture Damboa : Photos by bidexmat(m): 7:27pm On Aug 10, 2014
brownlord:

You no sabi when army recruitment form dey comout?
ogbeni, am proud of this statement! infact, * in tiv's language* i plomise u di zmapp vackseen should incase. auto life insurance. so fill free to shake any hand cos u deserve it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Recapture Damboa : Photos by otalenu(m): 7:32pm On Aug 10, 2014
Our gallant soldiers, I salute you guys
Re: Nigerian Troops Recapture Damboa : Photos by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 10, 2014
Tstark: Very undisciplined unit, at no point in time is soldier supposed to hold his weapon as if he's carry his hoe to a farm. He should have both hands on his rifle at all times in a combat zone. Google pictures of real armies and you will see how these guys look like farmers with guns in comparison.

you know why ghanians life expectancy is higher than nigerians? because people like you will pick useless fault in something. People are debating on how true the info is, your own concern is how the gun is being handled. If you want to know how well they handle their gun, go to one of their check point and scream "I am Boko-haram".

Come here again and post your experience

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Recapture Damboa : Photos by groovie(m): 7:33pm On Aug 10, 2014
Tstark: Very undisciplined unit, at no point in time is soldier supposed to hold his weapon as if he's carry his hoe to a farm. He should have both hands on his rifle at all times in a combat zone. Google pictures of real armies and you will see how these guys look like farmers with guns in comparison.

how far oga? How else do u want them to hold dia guns? The Nigerian army personnel are very disciplined in that area. I have watched them closely. If u ever hear of accidental discharge from a soldier, its a lie. These guys are very good at what they do. Lets encourage them.
Re: Nigerian Troops Recapture Damboa : Photos by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 7:34pm On Aug 10, 2014
How n Reasons
Re: Nigerian Troops Recapture Damboa : Photos by corneremperor: 7:54pm On Aug 10, 2014
GBAM!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Igbo Has Best Appointment Under Buhari – Keyamo / Tinubu: Did Chicago State Univ Delete 1979 Yearbook from its website? - FactChec / Ibok Ibas Locks Emmanuel Ekpe Owen Up For Uncovering Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.