Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,309 members, 7,811,917 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (361) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (825752 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Anugoson(m): 8:09pm On Nov 01, 2014
@ kennycooly.....you don't need to worry abt it,it's just a minor stuff,wont have any impact on ur application,wishing all of us a month of full with medicals and trvs..Cheers!!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 01, 2014
philiancoop:
@gurus on the house, pls I want to move over to canada to work and study. I have a an SSCE. Can I apply online? How? What will I need? Any tip and advise? My #ogas@D_top I be small boy o but I'm over 18.
I'm 19 nd a female. I did it myself,applying to School nd trv. You can do it also. You no be smal boy Jaree.. KEEP PUSHING!

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kennycooly: 8:14pm On Nov 01, 2014
Ok bro....tnks ,Amen IJN...it'z done
Anugoson:
@ kennycooly.....you don't need to worry abt it,it's just a minor stuff,wont have any impact on ur application,wishing all of us a month of full with medicals and trvs..Cheers!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 8:20pm On Nov 01, 2014
@Optimall, wey my palmi? angry Was there any mail/update from CIC acknowledging medical result? Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Moheat(m): 8:55pm On Nov 01, 2014
Haustraliah:
1. Halle2: June 6, MUN online
route,TRV
chopped
2. Aulor: June 6, USASK paper route.
3. Owenizes: June 11, Humber college. Online
route.
4. Amefrica: June 13, University of Prince. TRV
choped.. Edward Island(UPEI) Online
route.
5. mPop: June 13, Centennial college online
route.
6. haustraliah : June 22, medicine hat college
online route.
7.Akanni: July 3, Umanitoba.Online route
8. Parisbluefox: July 7, Memorial University Of
Newfoundland, Online.TRV loading
9. Kanny1: July 18,memorial University of
Newfoundland online route:
10: Divalavender : May Humber college ,paper
route , (Fall/Sept -2014)
N.B- If you have gotten your admission for
spring/summer and have for TRV.
Please provide the following information
*submission date **Mode of submission:
online/paper ***Institution
[b][/b]

I have submitted an online application to Humber college against September, 2015 admission since 2 days ago and am yet to receive any response. Please i need advice. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by wonda26(m): 9:12pm On Nov 01, 2014
Good day house. I'm a newbie on this thread o. Abeg, make una pardon me.

I am very interested in pursuing a masters program outside Nigeria. Now, Canada has been a country of great interest to me. I read mechanical engineering and graduated with a low 2:1 lipsrsealed in the year 2011, completed NYSC October 2012. From then till now, no concrete job like that...just assisting my brother in his IT firm (development and sales of softwares etc)

However, my main interest is to further my education and my career in mechanical engineering.... Automotive Engineering to be precise. . . (I have been involved in 'mechanic' work for 9 months before)

I have researched and found that only two schools offer this course at masters level in Canada.

1) Univeristy of Windsor offers M.Eng in Mechanical Engineering (Automotive) .... (There is a highly competitive internship/co-op programme available)

2) University of Ontario Institute of Technology offers MASc and MEng in Automotive Engineering. No co-op available. Research for MASc and Project for MEng.

These two universities leave me with very limited opportunities to choose from. Please how I really need your advices. What are my chances of admission? How do you see the course selection? Is it a marketable coursr? These two schools didn't rank high when I checked international rankings ( don't know anything about them so I would welcome ur views) ... What are my chances of getting a job with this course in Canada after graduation.. Canada's present automobile industry

Meyn, *confused*
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 9:16pm On Nov 01, 2014
Moheat:
[b][/b]

I have submitted an online application to Humber college against September, 2015 admission since 2 days ago and am yet to receive any response. Please i need advice. Thanks

Just 2days ago? Please chill a bit Cuz September 2015 is still very far off, and if u don't hear from them in a week or two bombard them with mails
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by redribs(m): 9:18pm On Nov 01, 2014
luvly3:

You can get most of ur winter stuffs here when u arrive, but be sure to come with atleast one thick jacket handy so u won't be caught off guard....

Aii. Thanks.

Just that the thought of going from 30 to -12 in less than 24hrs always makes me imagine it'd take alot more than a thick jacket from naija to be fine.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 9:43pm On Nov 01, 2014
lovesavvi:
Thanks so much, But d problem is that I want to go back into my field, I av passion for it . D business am doin nao is a family business just doin it cox naija situation .So what do u tink I can do?

Sorry to intrude... did you state in your S.O.P that you would return after your program?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ojooyelakin: 9:49pm On Nov 01, 2014
kennycooly:
Please gurus in d houz, I just discovrd on my printed biometric paper dat I made a mistake in my name input, I filled my full names whr am meant to only put my family name and I also put my full names whr I am meant to only write my given names...plz houz ,I nid advice on what to do, how can I correct that?

Is your sponsor bear same surname with you? If YES then you have to pray hard .... But if NO you are on saver side small but still yet you need to pray hard because prayer does it all ... It happened to a Frd of mine like this and he was delayed for reason of They don't think he will come back and insufficient fund ( where his dad used account of closing balance of 89M to sponsored him ) lol not VO fault anyway but his ( my Frd) fault ... Though he was now in Canada after second attempt ... Pray had bro ... Prayer can do anything ...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by olayanjuke: 9:57pm On Nov 01, 2014
Pls house i need urgent response on this matter, i submitted my application in Ghana can i do my medicals in Nigeria
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ojooyelakin: 10:04pm On Nov 01, 2014
olayanjuke:
Pls house i need urgent response on this matter, i submitted my application in Ghana can i do my medicals in Nigeria

I don't think anybody here can answer yes or no to that your question ... You have to contact cic or VFS for that enquiry.... But you can still hold on here to see if anybody has passed through this your question before ...

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 01, 2014
happy new month family a month full of medicals nd trv,

@kay tnx na trv remain ooo cnt wait to hold my passport with my trv in it yeeeee manitoba here i come
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Mcjimmy(m): 10:20pm On Nov 01, 2014
ojooyelakin:

I don't think anybody here can answer yes or no to that your question ... You have to contact cic or VFS for that enquiry.... But you can still hold on here to see if anybody has passed through this your question before ...

Oh boy u can do ur medicals in Nigeria so far u are a nigerian.....that one no be issue.. Just be concerned about getting called for medicals....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Mcjimmy(m): 10:21pm On Nov 01, 2014
tianadiva:
happy new month family a month full of medicals nd trv,

@kay tnx na trv remain ooo cnt wait to hold my passport with my trv in it yeeeee manitoba here i come

Tiana diva when u get to Manitoba ask for my broda pirate... He is a gentle cool nice guy..... Smiles......he will take good care of you.. Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 10:23pm On Nov 01, 2014
redribs:

Aii. Thanks.

Just that the thought of going from 30 to -12 in less than 24hrs always makes me imagine it'd take alot more than a thick jacket from naija to be fine.

More than 24hrs wink. 3 jackets and 2 shirts won't be a bad idea cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 10:38pm On Nov 01, 2014
Yes, I can confirm that there is automatic citizenship for babies born on Canadian soil.

Cannot give accurate answers to your other questions but as is obtainable here, private hospitals are a lot more expensive than public hospitals.

onyii2372:
i know this might seem odd here, but please any1 know a good hospital to give birth in canada thats affordable and what the cost are?
any1 here have a firsthand experience?

does canada still give automatic citizenship to newborns on canadian soil

please help a sister out. most of the info on google just seems sooo confusing.

thank you ooooo in advance grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by olayanjuke: 10:40pm On Nov 01, 2014
Mcjimmy:

Oh boy u can do ur medicals in Nigeria so far u are a nigerian.....that one no be issue.. Just be concerned about getting called for medicals....
Thanks for the response
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 10:51pm On Nov 01, 2014
uhmmm all ryt i will tnx
Mcjimmy:

Tiana diva when u get to Manitoba ask for my broda pirate... He is a gentle cool nice guy..... Smiles......he will take good care of you.. Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by redribs(m): 10:57pm On Nov 01, 2014
MrArams:

More than 24hrs wink. 3 jackets and 2 shirts won't be a bad idea cheesy

well, for me it should be less than 24hrs (a personal itinerary I'm arranging) ... lol @ 3 jackets and 2 shirts... It'd look like I added weight overnight. But mehn, if that's what it takes sha, I'm all for it. Mi o le wa ku
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kennycooly: 11:00pm On Nov 01, 2014
Itz diffnt surname.....maternal unc
ojooyelakin:

Is your sponsor bear same surname with you? If YES then you have to pray hard .... But if NO you are on saver side small but still yet you need to pray hard because prayer does it all ... It happened to a Frd of mine like this and he was delayed for reason of They don't think he will come back and insufficient fund ( where his dad used account of closing balance of 89M to sponsored him ) lol not VO fault anyway but his ( my Frd) fault ... Though he was now in Canada after second attempt ... Pray had bro ... Prayer can do anything ...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by redribs(m): 11:34pm On Nov 01, 2014
@wonda26

As basic as it may seem, getting admission (into any uni) is one step that nobody here can guarantee for you. You just have to apply to find out. I can share a few tips on applying tho:

1. Apply on time, like way before the proposed entry semester's deadline. Especially because the course is a competitive one. Applications are considered on a first come -first serve basis so I'm sure you don't want to be late.
2. Write a great Statement of Intent (or purpose) to assure the admissions officer that you are fit for the program and you will not waste the opportunity. Again because it is competitive and there is a limit to admission intakes to these kinds of programs.
3. Apply to both of those schools and if possible, one or two more.

Another thing that can't be guaranteed by anybody here is getting a job after your program, but from the gist we all hear about Canada, Jobs plenty dieeee. And if you are sure those schools are the only ones offering Automotive programs at postgrad level in Canada (of which I strongly doubt sef), then I guess their graduates will be in demand from the Canadian automobile industry. But don't quote me.
Just get your admission first then you can move on to the next step to get your study permit (which is also one thing that can't be guaranteed by anybody here, lol).

On a brighter side tho, following this forum is guaranteed to give you a great experience for you as you process every step... I'm having a blast from it already.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Anugoson(m): 11:47pm On Nov 01, 2014
@ Kennycooly...like i told u b4 not to worry,cos its a minor stuff,instead commit everytin in prayers@ what ojooyelakin said abt his friend that was delayed cos he made a similar mistake,it was just a coincidence,the reason for the delay was not cos of the mistake buh rather was as a result of home ties and insufficient fund in which the sponsor had up 85m,one thing u shuld know is that there is no amount of document that u will put that will make u to say that u re on point,rather is just the grace nd favour of God.pray and panic less...Its well!

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by redribs(m): 11:54pm On Nov 01, 2014
Kepner:
@Vycta

I personally have never heard of any agency working in the system which you just described. The norm will be for them to give you a variety of schools based on your budget and interests or better still, you provide them with the schools you like...and they do the job from there.
I think the best bet will be for you to take out time, search for the schools you'll prefer and apply yourself. If you have funds ready, this could be completed in a space of 2weeks, then you can start chasing your transcript processing from there on.
But if you feel you really really don't have time and need an agent, I'll advice you find a new one.

Lol @ Find a new one. How are you?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by iykedare(m): 1:37am On Nov 02, 2014
Guys, What is the difference between advanced diploma and off? Should a graduate here go for advanced diploma or pgd? I did civil engineering but it is difficult getting schools that offer pgd in civil engineEring in Canada. Please advice me o
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by iykedare(m): 1:39am On Nov 02, 2014
Phase siga,Please help me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by luvly3(f): 2:39am On Nov 02, 2014
redribs:

Aii. Thanks.

Lol ya it's better to come during summer, but dnt worry alot of Nigerians are surviving you will survive....The good thing is that even Canadians feel the cold when it's cold just try to dress warm and if possible stay close to a bus stop so u don't have to walk long mins in d snow...u can check sears.ca website, go to OUTLET department on d website, u should get a variety of warm stuffs on sales...very affordable.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by luvly3(f): 2:42am On Nov 02, 2014
iykedare:
Guys, What is the difference between advanced diploma and off? Should a graduate here go for advanced diploma or pgd? I did civil engineering but it is difficult getting schools that offer pgd in civil engineEring in Canada. Please advice me o

Conestoga has something on post grad certificate in construction
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kaynine59(m): 3:51am On Nov 02, 2014
@tianadiva lol make sense. Don't worry ehn your passport go reach ur hand nd u wee lick ya trv well like trebor and buttermint lol. Congrats dear. Am happy for u

September people... We will be fictorious (in a strong yoruba man tongue) in Jesus name..

Dnt fret.. God is in control.... Ogooooooooooooooo!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by blink6(m): 6:04am On Nov 02, 2014
Optimall...!!! smiley tongue
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 6:41am On Nov 02, 2014
Joe980:
@Optimall, wey my palmi? angry Was there any mail/update from CIC acknowledging medical result? Thanks.
Haha palmi ke.
No there wasn't. Visa approved straight.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 6:45am On Nov 02, 2014
blink6:
Optimall...!!! smiley tongue
Hahaha I dey o. Aw bodi?

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (501)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.