Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,859 members, 7,813,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:57 PM

Jihadi Rebels Stones Woman To Death For Committing Adultery - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jihadi Rebels Stones Woman To Death For Committing Adultery (969 Views)

photo: Nigerian Voters Usin Stones And Bottles To Keep Space Ahead Of Votin / Amaechi’s Deputy Defects To PDP, Says “APC Is A Party Of Rebels, Founded On.." / Politician Beheaded And Cooked For Committing Adultery (graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jihadi Rebels Stones Woman To Death For Committing Adultery by kellywoods: 7:20pm On Aug 10, 2014
A cleric read the verdict before the truck came and dumped a large pile of stones near the municipal garden. Jihadi fighters brought in the woman, clad head to toe in black, and half buried her in the ground.
Then they told residents who had gathered around the scene to carry out the sentence: Stoning to death for the alleged adulteress. None in the crowd stepped forward, said a witness to the event in a northern Syrian city. So the jihadi fighters, mostly foreign extremists, did it themselves, pelting Faddah Ahmad with rocks.

'Even when she was hit with stones she did not scream or move,' said an opposition activist who said he witnessed the stoning near the football stadium in Raqqa, the main Syrian stronghold of the Islamic State group.
The July 18 stoning was the second in a span of 24 hours. A day earlier, 26-year-old Shamseh Abdullah was killed in a similar way in the nearby town of Tabqa by IS fighters. She was also accused of having sex outside marriage, the Associated Press reports. The killings are believed to be the first of their kind in rebel-held northern Syria, where IS jihadis have seized large swaths of territory, terrorising residents with a strict interpretation of Islamic law, including beheadings and cutting off the hands of thieves.

The jihadis recently tied a 14-year-old boy to a cross-like structure and left him for several hours in the scorching summer sun before bringing him down - punishment for not fasting during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.

Continue here to read more with pictures:
http://fikimaniaentertainment..com/2014/08/fikayo-gideons-blog-fikimania_53.html

Re: Jihadi Rebels Stones Woman To Death For Committing Adultery by Strongman02(m): 8:06pm On Aug 10, 2014
May God forgive them,for they dont know what they ar doing in jesus name
Re: Jihadi Rebels Stones Woman To Death For Committing Adultery by ochon: 8:39pm On Aug 10, 2014
This is so sad.
I'm filled with pain as I type this. Why would someone in this modern age be stoned as if he or she is still in the medieval ages? The dark ages. What sort of demons are these? Why stone your fellow human for adultery because of your religion? Same way they shot the young Pakistani girl, Malala Yousafzai, that stood up to the Taliban's insurbodination. What happened to law courts? What happened to justice? What sort of madness is this? What about the man she slept with? Is he more superior to this woman and shouldn't be punished? Why are women treated like slaves and objects in these Arabian countries? This is what the Sudanese woman passed through when they sentenced her to death for apostasy before world spoke out for her.

Is this what Boko Haram is trying to impose on Nigerians? This news sends cold shivers down my spine. These extremists have hearts of stone, I doubt blood flows through their veins.

Even though I'm a Christian, sometimes, in my quiet moments, I wish religion didn't exist, many lives would have been saved.

We don't know what we have till we loose it, because seeing the kind of freedom we have here in Nigeria to change to any religion we want without being stoned, makes me appreciate this country the more, no matter how low we've fallen from our grace.
Re: Jihadi Rebels Stones Woman To Death For Committing Adultery by azpekuliar: 8:48pm On Aug 10, 2014
What happens to the man she supposedly had sex with? He gets to walk away scot-free?
Re: Jihadi Rebels Stones Woman To Death For Committing Adultery by olaoluwajosh: 10:11pm On Aug 10, 2014
Take this religion from the world , I tell you the world will be a better place ...
ochon: This is so sad.
I'm filled with pain as I type this. Why would someone in this modern age be stoned as if he or she is still in the medieval ages? The dark ages. What sort of demons are these? Why stone your fellow human for adultery because of your religion? Same way they shot the young Pakistani girl, Malala Yousafzai, that stood up to the Taliban's insurbodination. What happened to law courts? What happened to justice? What sort of madness is this? What about the man she slept with? Is he more superior to this woman and shouldn't be punished? Why are women treated like slaves and objects in these Arabian countries? This is what the Sudanese woman passed through when they sentenced her to death for apostasy before world spoke out for her.

Is this what Boko Haram is trying to impose on Nigerians? This news sends cold shivers down my spine. These extremists have hearts of stone, I doubt blood flows through their veins.

Even though I'm a Christian, sometimes, in my quiet moments, I wish religion didn't exist, many lives would have been saved.

We don't know what we have till we loose it, because seeing the kind of freedom we have here in Nigeria to change to any religion we want without being stoned, makes me appreciate this country the more, no matter how low we've fallen from our grace.
Re: Jihadi Rebels Stones Woman To Death For Committing Adultery by Lordlexyy: 10:41pm On Aug 10, 2014
ochon: This is so sad.

You obviously spoilt a nice post trying to equate Christianity with religion. If Islam is evil say is evil. There's no point trying to blame the wickedness one religion on another. No body who truely live, practice and understand the Christian life ever wish for something else. When a suppose Christian makes preferential to the knowledge of life and light, we know what level he's speaking from. My Christianity is life, peace, joy, prosperity and safety that a religious or non religious world can't offer or guarantee.
Re: Jihadi Rebels Stones Woman To Death For Committing Adultery by ochon: 1:21am On Aug 11, 2014
Lordlexyy: You obviously spoilt a nice post trying to equate Christianity with religion. If Islam is evil say is evil. There's no point trying to blame the wickedness one religion on another. No body who truely live, practice and understand the Christian life ever wish for something else. When a suppose Christian makes preferential to the knowledge of life and light, we know what level he's speaking from. My Christianity is life, peace, joy, prosperity and safety that a religious or non religious world can't offer or guarantee.

You obviously misunderstood me.

Firstly, I can't say Islam is evil in as much as I'm tempted to say it, because not all Muslims are evil and that would be me generalising. Not all Muslims stone their adulterous sisters/brothers. I'm friends with Yoruba Muslims and the way they practice their Islam makes me wonder if theirs are different from that of these extremists like Boko Haramists, Northern Muslims and Pakistani Muslims, etc. They co-habit with other people with different religious beliefs. You can see a Christian and a Muslim in a typical Yoruba home and there won't be blood shedding or bombing. They eat and live together harmoniously. The way me and my Yoruba Muslim friends relate, you would think I'm a Muslim or they're Christians. We don't discriminate, and we love each other so much and respect our religions. They make me love Islam and I make them love Christianity. That's how it ought to be, all these hatred makes my skin crawl. So I won't generalise when I've got good Muslims that don't believe in extremism or terrorism. It won't be fair to them.

Now, I wasn't trying to equate Christianity with Islam. Of course you won't find Christians stoning an adulterous woman, or killing scores of innocent people while screaming "In Jesus name" like the Islamic terrorists do when they scream "Insha Allah" before beheading or bombing innocent people. What I meant by wishing religion did not exist is that; if it didn't exist, many lives lost to religion-related wars, would have been saved.
Take for example, if there were no religions at all, Boko haram wouldn't be killing Christians/masses just so they could achieve their blood thirsty aims. Al-Qaeda wouldn't be carrying out bombings all the world. The brainwashed Almajiris wouldn't be blowing themselves up. The Christian vs Muslims fights could have been prevented. The 9/11 attack could have been prevented. The medieval Christianity crusades wouldn't have happened. The Dan Fodio's Jihad that led to deaths wouldn't have happened.

So yes I'm a Christian, I love Christianity and though I believe that many religious killings are perpetrated by radical Islamic sects; I'm still of the school of thoughts that if there were no religions, many lives would have been saved. Imagine if there was no religion, Hitler wouldn't have killed over a million Jews.

(1) (Reply)

Ohanaeze Threatens APC For Linking Ihejirika With Boko Haram / Shekau Is Alive, AP Confirmed My Intelligence Source - Cramjones / Amaechi Should Explain What He Has Done With Billions Of Naira’ – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.