Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,686 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

Do We Actually Practice Democracy In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do We Actually Practice Democracy In Nigeria? (494 Views)

Democracy Or Which System Of Government Is Practice In Nigeria? / Ethnic Militia And The Future Of Democracy In Nigeria / 'Dictatorial Democracy' in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do We Actually Practice Democracy In Nigeria? by mysterious12(m): 1:44am On Aug 11, 2014
My fellow Nigerians, do we practice democracy in our country? Do we utilize our rights? Do we have our rights and Liberties? do we even fight for our rights even? Do you thinks if we fight for our rights Nigeria will be a better country
PLease put your own thoughts and opinions under these questions. Make sure its related to this topic

Democracy is the government of the people, by the people, for the people smiley
Re: Do We Actually Practice Democracy In Nigeria? by deeobserver209(m): 2:04am On Aug 11, 2014
We may not have it all but we're getting there. For starters, Election rigging have been death and buried since 2011. We are now able to organize a Free fair and credible elections. Something that has been one of our major problem since independence. Obviously this is a major break-through in Nigeria's history. That's a big step towards democracy if you ask me. However there's still more room for improvement.
One major area I think the governments should focus on is training of our security personel on civil duties and the need to be polite and uphold dignity and respect when it comes to dealing with civilians. Some of our Security men especially the Police are lacking civil manners. That's one area I believe we have not been too impressive.
We also have a duty to be law abiding and promote good democracy ideals.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Anti-corruption War: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers / 'don't Use Students For Political Battles' EAP To Politicians / Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.