Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,497 members, 7,819,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Jonathan •says, ‘PDP Can’t Lose Any State If I Manipulate Election’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan •says, ‘PDP Can’t Lose Any State If I Manipulate Election’ (3352 Views)

Amaechi’s Letter To Saraki Lacks Merit, Says PDP / Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Have Abandoned Buhari, Says PDP / Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan •says, ‘PDP Can’t Lose Any State If I Manipulate Election’ by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 12, 2014
PRESIDENT Goodluck
Jonathan, on Monday, said
those predicting and
prophesying doom for the
country on the basis of the
2015 general election would
be disappointed.

Jonathan stated this at an
interfaith conference
organised by the Interfaith
Initiative for Peace, with the
theme: “The Imperative of
Interfaith Understanding and
Cooperation for Responsible
Politics,” in Abuja.

He reminded them of the
killings and destruction that
greeted the 2011 elections,
including the killing of 10
youth corps members in
Bauchi, and vowed never to
let it happen again.

According to him, the defeat
of Peoples Democratic Party
(PDP) in some of the polls
showed that he was not
using state security
apparatus to manipulate
elections in favour of his
party as alleged by the
opposition.

“My promise of free and fair
election is clear. All
governorship elections that
have been conducted so far,
you can agree with me that
they have been free and
fair.

“I am from the PDP, the ruling
party, but I don’t use that
strength to make sure that
PDP must win by all means.

“PDP has lost elections in
Edo State; we lost in
Anambra State, we lost
election in Ondo State, of
course only two days back,
we lost in Osun, but we know
and we are saying that this
country must change.

According to him, if he had
been manipulating elections
in the country, PDP would not have lost the series of governorship elections it lost
recently.
Source : Tribune .

1 Like

Re: Jonathan •says, ‘PDP Can’t Lose Any State If I Manipulate Election’ by egift(m): 9:22am On Aug 12, 2014
Who is the mumu advising this zoologist?

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan •says, ‘PDP Can’t Lose Any State If I Manipulate Election’ by PassingShot(m): 9:28am On Aug 12, 2014
Nonesense!

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan •says, ‘PDP Can’t Lose Any State If I Manipulate Election’ by ggrin(f): 9:31am On Aug 12, 2014
haha jokeundecided

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan •says, ‘PDP Can’t Lose Any State If I Manipulate Election’ by usba: 9:31am On Aug 12, 2014
This elections have caused GEJ severe problems, all he can do now is console himself!

[size=15pt]Imagine the elections was a class GEJ just got Schooled
Now Imagine the elections was a college GEJ just got Lectured
Imagine the elections was a game of volley ball GEJ Just got Served
Imagine the elections was a drum set GEJ just got Beaten
Then Imagine the elections was doughnut GEJ just got Eaten
Imagine the elections was a ball GEJ just got Kicked!
Imagine the elections was a wrestling match GEJ just got Slammed!
Imagine the elections was a plane GEJ just got FLOWN!
Imagine the election was a car, GEJ just got driven
Imagine the election was a Bag GEJ just got OWNED[/size]

grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan •says, ‘PDP Can’t Lose Any State If I Manipulate Election’ by Plus10(m): 9:32am On Aug 12, 2014
egift: Who is the mumu advising this zoologist?
Who is the mumu qouting this Zoologists?

26 Likes

Re: Jonathan •says, ‘PDP Can’t Lose Any State If I Manipulate Election’ by bokoslayer: 9:33am On Aug 12, 2014
That is the plain truth, I know the APC Ebola carriers would want to argue this. Oshi radarada

33 Likes

Re: Jonathan •says, ‘PDP Can’t Lose Any State If I Manipulate Election’ by Plus10(m): 9:41am On Aug 12, 2014
I wonder what is wrong with his statement...someone is trying to make you understand that the deployment of troops during elections is not to rig in favour of his party neither to favour the oppositions, pointing the fact that his party has lost elections where troops were deployed.

31 Likes

Re: Jonathan •says, ‘PDP Can’t Lose Any State If I Manipulate Election’ by prophetone(m): 9:42am On Aug 12, 2014
Is this guy too daft to fire his speech-writer? Why would a president even mention election rigging like it's an option open to him. Some things even when true, should not be said.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan •says, ‘PDP Can’t Lose Any State If I Manipulate Election’ by enigmang: 9:43am On Aug 12, 2014

Did you even read the gist, as soon as you read GEJ you had to insult..

What he said is very true, the power of a Nigerian President is incredible,.. if he deploys that might PDP cannot loose any election....

18 Likes

Re: Jonathan •says, ‘PDP Can’t Lose Any State If I Manipulate Election’ by Plus10(m): 9:46am On Aug 12, 2014
prophetone: Is this guy too daft to fire his speech-writer? Who makes such a silly statement?
What is silly about his statement?I know your hatred for him won't make you to think straight!

12 Likes

Re: Jonathan •says, ‘PDP Can’t Lose Any State If I Manipulate Election’ by eyeview: 9:47am On Aug 12, 2014
What has the president said here that is warranting this insults?
Let us be sincere here, anyone attacking the president on this should ask himself this: would there be a free and fair election if Tinubu was at the helm of affairs in this nation? Can Tinubu be in power and not rig the election?
Anybody attacking this statement is either an APC apologist,not being truthful to himself or is just a slowpoke.

30 Likes

Re: Jonathan •says, ‘PDP Can’t Lose Any State If I Manipulate Election’ by osile2012: 9:48am On Aug 12, 2014
He has a point though.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan •says, ‘PDP Can’t Lose Any State If I Manipulate Election’ by nerodenero: 9:50am On Aug 12, 2014
Credit must be given to Jonathan for the heavy presence of security during election.I want to believe their presence have not been used to better PDP rather the people opted for the opposition.

Having said this,I want Jonathan to continue in this manner and to further channel this same energy to the Northeast that have been troubled by bokobastards.

My only grudge is why would the Security cover their faces during election?This facial covering is not only intimidating but totally unacceptable.I want to believe there are reasons for this.

So far so good,Jonathan has done well in terms of providing enough security during election.

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan •says, ‘PDP Can’t Lose Any State If I Manipulate Election’ by Firefire(m): 9:51am On Aug 12, 2014
eyeview: What has the president said here that is warranting this insults?
Let us be sincere here, anyone attacking the president on this should ask himself this: would there be a free and fair election if Tinubu was at the helm of affairs in this nation? Can Tinubu be in power and not rig the election?
Anybody attacking this statement is either an APC apologist,not being truthful to himself or is just a slowpoke.

Yes they are poke-slow or ron-mo grin

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan •says, ‘PDP Can’t Lose Any State If I Manipulate Election’ by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 12, 2014
Have a question for you . Where was APC( ACN ,CPC ) when OBJ was Nigeria President ?

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan •says, ‘PDP Can’t Lose Any State If I Manipulate Election’ by Firefire(m): 9:53am On Aug 12, 2014
shegsky: Have a question for you . Where was APC( ACN ,CPC ) when OBJ was Nigeria President ?

Guiding Lagos State by massive rigging?

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan •says, ‘PDP Can’t Lose Any State If I Manipulate Election’ by MzJackBaueress(f): 9:59am On Aug 12, 2014
Just imagine the useless comment coming from the mouth of a president? When will Jonathan ever get things right?

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan •says, ‘PDP Can’t Lose Any State If I Manipulate Election’ by Agbalanze(m): 10:00am On Aug 12, 2014
What he said is a plain truth. if you doubt it, go and ask Obj. Haters will always hate!! tongue

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan •says, ‘PDP Can’t Lose Any State If I Manipulate Election’ by macb2k: 10:04am On Aug 12, 2014
He is saying the truth, let us be sincere here

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan •says, ‘PDP Can’t Lose Any State If I Manipulate Election’ by Plus10(m): 10:04am On Aug 12, 2014
MzJackBaueress: Just imagine the useless comment coming from the mouth of a president? When will Jonathan ever get things right?
Are you sure you read the article before commenting?Or you just saw the headline!

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan •says, ‘PDP Can’t Lose Any State If I Manipulate Election’ by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 12, 2014
prophetone: Is this guy too daft to fire his speech-writer? Why would a president even mention election rigging like it's an option open to him. Some things even when true, should not be said.

I don't understand you guys. The APC and its hungry apologists have been vociferous in their condemnation of the security measures put in place to maintain law and order in the recently concluded elections in Edo, Ekiti, and Osun. They alleged that the heavy military presence was meant to help the PDP win unfairly.

Now, the president has negated this allegation by citing the PDP's loss in Osun and Edo as evidence that he is not interested in using our security forces to favour his party. He also pointed out, rightly so, that if he had indeed used the security forces to rig the elections, the PDP would not have lost. How exactly is this an unreasonable thing to say?

20 Likes

Re: Jonathan •says, ‘PDP Can’t Lose Any State If I Manipulate Election’ by omenka(m): 10:09am On Aug 12, 2014
In other words, the president just told the world that our electoral system is fatally flawed and can be manipulated by anyone who desires to do so!!!

Question is, why don't you work towards making it very difficult for anyone to manipulate the system?? Wouldn't that be a lasting legacy that even your children and children's children would benefit from after you are long gone

What happens in an event you leave the system rotten as it is and your successor decides to exploit the flaws to disenfranchise you and your people in the future

Sometimes I really don't blame those who insult the president. His utterances give him off as someone who's very deficient upstairs!!!

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan •says, ‘PDP Can’t Lose Any State If I Manipulate Election’ by Jhosh(m): 10:10am On Aug 12, 2014
hhhmmm.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan •says, ‘PDP Can’t Lose Any State If I Manipulate Election’ by Agbalanze(m): 10:16am On Aug 12, 2014
This man is working so hard to make sure that your votes and my votes count, and some people are here talking ru.bbish!!
Obj would have rigged all the elections if he so wishes and no body will cough, not even the national assembly!!

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan •says, ‘PDP Can’t Lose Any State If I Manipulate Election’ by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 12, 2014
What is wrong with this man
Re: Jonathan •says, ‘PDP Can’t Lose Any State If I Manipulate Election’ by stinggy(m): 10:38am On Aug 12, 2014
Statements unbecoming of someone called a leader, as expected though.

All hope lost undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan •says, ‘PDP Can’t Lose Any State If I Manipulate Election’ by mrjangaweed: 10:43am On Aug 12, 2014

He is advice a bastard nonentity fool like egift and co

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan •says, ‘PDP Can’t Lose Any State If I Manipulate Election’ by mrjangaweed: 10:43am On Aug 12, 2014
PassingShot: Nonesense!
Bastard

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan •says, ‘PDP Can’t Lose Any State If I Manipulate Election’ by darlingtonNYIG(m): 10:45am On Aug 12, 2014
prophetone: Is this guy too daft to fire his speech-writer? Why would a president even mention election rigging like it's an option open to him. Some things even when true, should not be said.
shut up joor. How else would he press his idea of a free election; you people just make issues out of non issues. So it is an offence to absolve himself from election rigging?

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan •says, ‘PDP Can’t Lose Any State If I Manipulate Election’ by mrjangaweed: 10:47am On Aug 12, 2014
MzJackBaueress: Just imagine the useless comment coming from the mouth of a president? When will Jonathan ever get things right?

Till you stop prostitution as a profession

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan •says, ‘PDP Can’t Lose Any State If I Manipulate Election’ by alabiyemmy(m): 10:51am On Aug 12, 2014

One day soon, you will make sense when it comes to Jonathan. For now keep talking nonsense, we understand your plight.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saudi Prince: Oil Will Never Return To $100 / Video Showing An Example Of How Yorubas Undermine Igbos / Why Was There No Jubilation When APC Won Ekiti State Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.