Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:56 AM

Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital (28477 Views)

Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance / Breaking!! Six More Health Workers Infected With EBOLA!! / Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by ojimbo(m): 1:49pm On Aug 12, 2014
all i can look foward to are those nigerian herbs, they might be of great help to fight that disease
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by DukeGeorge: 1:58pm On Aug 12, 2014
It is possible he refused to take the drugs as revolt against the Spanish government on the inhumane way the Liberian Nuns were denied medical attention. God bless your soul priest. R.I.P

1 Like

Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 12, 2014
lets be realistic here, some of the problems in Nigeria and other african countries are cause by our people. Instead of investing in science and technology... a lot of african leaders are interested in stealing their countries' money (look at abacha, babaginda and the rest). We cant always blame america for our own self induced problems.

livinbygrace: American wants to control the world by all means .They have the cure for their citizens but none for others .My People this is scientific slavery.

3 Likes

Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by biafranqueen: 1:59pm On Aug 12, 2014
bushdoc9919:

And that is not true.

The fact is, we have the scientists and the minds to invent cures for Ebola.

But the problem is....you Nigerians are not interested in development.You are interested in politics of how much to chop.

Instead of begging America....or blaming America....ask yourself why Nigeria has refused to invest well in science and technologic development?Ask yourself why power and water supply....two things needed for conducive research....aren't steady.

It isn't America's fault....it is our fault.
Well said! I womderooo all the I-Phone, Brazilian Hair and Champagne consumed in Nigeria could build and fund a billion dollar hospital/ Look at this Hospital funded by citizens like you and I! This was built with just under 1 billion dollars and every child that comes here even if you have no money, insurance will be treated. I was part of fundraising team, I can tell you Americans give they donate. THe Welfare system was started by 2 wealthy Jewish women in New York. They started giving to the poor during the depression, they gave food stuffs and allowances to families every month. They solicited from their wealthy husbands friends. The President saw this and adopted it into the Federal System. It takes the people to lead by example. #LEADERSAREAREFLECTIONOFTHEPEOPLETHEYLEAD

4 Likes

Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by eduxerxes: 2:07pm On Aug 12, 2014
DONMAYOR19: Two American got the virus, they were treated with the same experimental drugs and things are getting better, but the same drugs couldn't save the spanish priest. Ok no problem.
Continue!
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by ideee03(f): 2:12pm On Aug 12, 2014
Ddonoflife: eeya rip priest [s]god God loves u more
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by kingthreat(m): 2:17pm On Aug 12, 2014
jerseyboy: Silly Americans. Your drug came in too late. RIP. Died in the work for Christ. Heaven awaits you.

Go and invent your own cure for ebola. Talking like a numbskull.

2 Likes

Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 12, 2014
Lord have mercy
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by Nobody: 2:27pm On Aug 12, 2014
bushdoc9919:

And that is not true.

The fact is, we have the scientists and the minds to invent cures for Ebola.

But the problem is....you Nigerians are not interested in development.You are interested in politics of how much to chop.

Instead of begging America....or blaming America....ask yourself why Nigeria has refused to invest well in science and technologic development?Ask yourself why power and water supply....two things needed for conducive research....aren't steady.

It isn't America's fault....it is our fault.
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by CocoaOla: 2:27pm On Aug 12, 2014
mosquito and Ebola what can someone say about it
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by hollandis(f): 2:30pm On Aug 12, 2014
Nigerians have a strong antibody towards the dusease
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by 190theclown: 2:31pm On Aug 12, 2014
hollandis: Nigerians have a strong antibody towards the dusease

1 Like

Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 12, 2014
did you notice anything here >>>>> /1Aae23d
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 12, 2014
did you notice anything here >>>>> http:///1Aae23d
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by Oduduwaboy(m): 2:37pm On Aug 12, 2014
jerseyboy: Silly Americans. Your drug came in too late. RIP. Died in the work for Christ. Heaven awaits you.
Silly Americans? 36 likes?
Is it now fashionable for Nigerians to abuse Americans? This tendency to abuse America and its people only reflect the level of inferiority complex we have towards them. The black man should seek out his own solutions rather than rejoice at any little failure associated with America!
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by Oduduwaboy(m): 2:40pm On Aug 12, 2014
biafranqueen: Well said! I womderooo all the I-Phone, Brazilian Hair and Champagne consumed in Nigeria could build and fund a billion dollar hospital/ Look at this Hospital funded by citizens like you and I built this hospital. it cost just under 1 billion dollars and every child that comes here even if you have no money, insurance will be treated. I was part of fundraising team, I can tell you Americans give they donate. THe Welfare system was started by 2 wealthy Jewish women in New York. They started giving to the poor during the depression, they gave food stuffs and allowances to families every month. They solicited from the wealthy husbands friends. The President saw this and adopted it into the Federal System. It takes the people to lead by example. #LEADERSAREAREFLECTIONOFTHEPEOPLETHEYLEAD
Haaaa!...thank you for this post!
Sad to know you dont live in Nigeria.
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by phreakabit(m): 2:42pm On Aug 12, 2014
Good Man. . . God bless his soul.
BTW was this done on purpose so as to dissuade people from seeing this as a gang up against Africa where all the white patients survive and the others die?. . . Complicated

1 Like

Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by ceejay80s(m): 2:49pm On Aug 12, 2014
But i think say usa refuse to give us mzapp , but dem give spannish priest, i smell wicked and revenge
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by ogeweb: 2:50pm On Aug 12, 2014
Okijajuju1: Blame the Americans all you want, the drug is theirs and they reserve the right to hoard it or do with it as they please..

Let's bare in mind that this virus is African in origin according to published reports aand was first discovered in 1976 in GUINEA. The Americans started working on the research from their military budget in an anti-biolocal weapons defense program. We Africans just siddon dey look. Now we are looking to the West for salvation.. Meanwhile African leaders are busy buying lavish things with all our money, leaving our education system to rot and not financing strong research into our domestic problems.

The fact that the priest died does not mean that he was treated with the wrong drug, none of us knows the extent he had deteriorated to prior to his airlift to Madrid.

In my opinion, Africa needs to take an inward look into our general culture as a race and find a long term solution to our lackadaisical approach to all things concerning us. I watched a documentary today on Ebola in Liberia and was shocked at what I saw. People were still nonchalant towards this virus especially in the poorer neighbourhoods.

Remember that the Priest and the 2 American doctors were more or less volunteers in Africa assisting in the containment and management of the virus. They didn't need to be here in the first place.

If in almost 40 years of this Virus, Africa is yet to make head way into the research and containment of this Virus, then we have no right to be shouting at the Americans for the drug... Plus:: I doubt that the Drug is curative in nature, probably an anti-retroviral drug like that used for HIV as all my study research says Viral diseases are still incurable.

Rest in peace Padre..
Ebola first broke out in Zaire present day DR Congo not Guinea, the name Ebola came from a local river around Yambuku village where the outbreak first occurred, discovered by Peter Piot a 27 year old Belgian medical school graduate training as a clinical microbiologist check out the following links https://m.bbc.com/news/magazine/_2826541 www.healthline.com/ebola_hemorrhagic_fever#overview1">https://:www.healthline.com/ebola_hemorrhagic_fever#overview1
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 12, 2014
RIP Fr Miguel
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by Oduduwaboy(m): 2:51pm On Aug 12, 2014
Okijajuju1: Blame the Americans all you want, the drug is theirs and they reserve the right to hoard it or do with it as they please..

Let's bare in mind that this virus is African in origin according to published reports aand was first discovered in 1976 in Guinea. The Americans started working on the research from their military budget in an anti-biolocal weapons defense program. We Africans just siddon dey look. Now we are looking to the West for salvation.. Meanwhile African leaders are busy buying lavish things with all our money, leaving our education system to rot and not financing strong research into our domestic problems.

The fact that the priest died does not mean that he was treated with the wrong drug, none of us knows the extent he had deteriorated to prior to his airlift to Madrid.

In my opinion, Africa needs to take an inward look into our general culture as a race and find a long term solution to our lackadaisical approach to all things concerning us. I watched a documentary today on Ebola in Liberia and was shocked at what I saw. People were still nonchalant towards this virus especially in the poorer neighbourhoods.

Remember that the Priest and the 2 American doctors were more or less volunteers in Africa assisting in the containment and management of the virus. They didn't need to be here in the first place.

If in almost 40 years of this Virus, Africa is yet to make head way into the research and containment of this Virus, then we have no right to be shouting at the Americans for the drug... Plus:: I doubt that the Drug is curative in nature, probably an anti-retroviral drug like that used for HIV as all my study research says Viral diseases are still incurable.

Rest in peace Padre..
Hmmm. Good thinking sir.
Am sad at how the lazy culture of spinning a western conspiracy theory on everything has become prevalent even among Nigerian youths.

What this tells me is that the salvation of Africa is still a looooong way off. This generation remains part of the wasted one described by Wole Soyinka.
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 12, 2014
A new duplex 4 sale @ old GRA Enugu. Has 6 bedrooms all in suite, 4 upstairs and 2 downstairs with big parlour,compound and C of O, #80 million asking. Want to lease or buy landed properties in Enugu? Looking 4 accomodation in Enugu? Cotact Mbaeze unique services on 08030888125, 07030529590,08089725197,or mbaezeo@gmail.com for genuine services.
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by Liamm(m): 2:52pm On Aug 12, 2014
RIP padre
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by Okijajuju1(m): 2:53pm On Aug 12, 2014
ogeweb: Ebola first broke out in Zaire present day DR Congo not Guinea, the name Ebola came from a local river around Yambuku village where the outbreak first occurred, discovered by Peter Piot a 27 year old Belgian medical school graduate training as a clinical microbiologist check out the following links https://m.bbc.com/news/magazine/_2826541 https//:www.healthline.com/ebola_hemorrhagic_fever#overview1

Thanks for that correction..

I actually typed Zaire at first and then doubted myself halfway. Thanks again.

Other Points still stands.
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by KOMBE: 2:56pm On Aug 12, 2014
henchamb: upon all the zmapp wey obama use do shakara. could it be that America gave out the wrong one. Liberia beware
RIP sir.
America, there is God in everything we are doing. Though this drug has not been tested you should have given it to the world since we have no other hope.
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by redcliff: 3:03pm On Aug 12, 2014
livinbygrace:

Continue to lick their booty.Dis time no shaking of hands due to scientific virus they created,very soon no talking to each other and maybe dat wan will be Obonla!!Most Black Africkans too MUMU!!

Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by Maonyz(f): 3:07pm On Aug 12, 2014
Ebola Alert!!!

Read and Learn How To Protect Yourself...

The Federal government has declared the Ebola outbreak in Nigeria a matter of national Emergency, adding that everyone is now at risk of being infected.

The Minister of Health, Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu, advised Nigerians to avoid handshake as much as possible, stating that the virus is both contagious and infectious. He also said the virus could also be contracted through the sharing of bedspreads, pillow cases and towels among other personal effects with infected person. He said the disease is not airborne but at close range of a 1meter from an infected person, the disease droplets can be transmitted.

According to MedicalWorldNigeria....The outbreak of Ebola, which emerged in March, spread to Nigeria in late July when Patrick Sawyer, a 40-year-old American of Liberian descent, flew from Liberia's capital to the megacity of Lagos. Authorities in Lagos now claim eight people who came in contact with the deceased U.S. citizen Patrick Sawyer are showing signs of the deadly disease.

Lagos State Commissioner for Health, Dr Jide Idris says Ebola situation in Lagos is 'extremely dire.'
At a press briefing held in Lagos this week, the Commissioner said the Nigerian nurse who died of the Ebola virus died at exactly 2.06pm Monday in Lagos. He said Health officials have begun 'secondary contact tracing", that is, tracking down people who came in contact with people who had direct contact with the late Liberian, Patrick Sawyer, the first case of Ebola virus in Lagos.

Over 22 Nigerians who came in contact with the dead Liberian are suspected to be infected by the virus already and are kept under strict observation. All these people have families and friends whom they must have come in contact with too!
As at today, 117 people connected to those ones are being monitored!

People, It is no longer a joke!

Ebola has no cure for now but there are measures you can take to prevent its spread among your loved ones...according to medical report!

HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF FROM EBOLA VIRUS:

* Wash your hands with soap(ALOE LIQUID SOAP): Make it a duty to wash your hands regularly. Protect your palms from pollution and other environmental irritants(ALOE PROPOLIS CREME). Avoid all unnecessary contact.

* Use a good Hand SANITIZER ( FOREVER HAND SANITIZER): This should be done regularly and carry it with you everywhere you go. Teach everyone you know to do same. Buy for your children and loved ones to carry around. Being your brother's keeper isn't a choice anymore. The farther people you know are from Ebola virus, the farther away you are from it too!!!

* Disinfect Your Surroundings: The Virus cannot survive disinfectants, heat, direct sunlight, detergents and soaps. Clean up your laundry, dishes, floors and bathrooms. Use Forever ALoe MultiPurpose Detergent for this!

* Fumigate if you have pests: Fumigate your environment and dispose of the carcasses properly. The Cleaner your environments are now, the better for you!

* Eat foods that will boost your immunity: some are yoghurt, Sweet Potatoes, Fruits, Beef, Chicken Soup, Garlic, Oats etc. Take a glass of Aloe Vera Gel Drink daily and our Forever ImmuneBlend!

* Protect Yourself: Use protective gear if you go near or care for someone you suspect has Ebola. Its even better you call the medics to take charge because they are more trained for this!

* Report: Report any suspicious symptoms in yourself or anyone else IMMEDIATELY you notice them. Don't delay!

* Educate everyone(even your little ones): Tell your loved ones, neighbours, colleagues and domestic staff. You're safer when everybody around you is educated about Ebola Virus.

The listed items are very affordable. Ebola is the expensive one here!

To order for Aloe Liquid Soap, Aloe Propolis Creme, Forever Hand Sanitizer and Forever Aloe Multi Purpose Detergent-MPD:
Call/whatsapp: 08032776889
BBPIN: 2A5C1937
foreverbeautifulwithmma@gmail.com

To Learn more, like us on: http://www.facebook.com/foreverbeautifulwithmma

Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 12, 2014
Tucees: Ebola take it easy nah! We know what you are capable of no need to keep flexing your muscles at us humans! Go back and remain dormant in bats and monkeys na Chineke name I take beg you o! For my office na so I dey screen my customers of high temperature before them enter and its becoming burdensome (though effective so far) but I don tayaaaaaaaaa!!!sad sad sad rest in peace sir.

Na security u dey do for u working place
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by jericco1(m): 3:18pm On Aug 12, 2014
jmoore: Just in>> Spanish missionary infected with ebola dies in Spain.

Source>> BBC Tv

Another source below

hmm
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 12, 2014
RIP to the priest!

I wish I have the power to eliminate the ignorant and foolish Nigerians, most especially, those who are in this thread condemning Americans for their own problem.

In fact, I am in support of reducing the poor foolish Nigerian population because they have no good use to the country and humanity. They are like diseases. I think foolish Nigerians are not so much different from EBOLA virus! Kill all silly Nigerians!
Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by Okijajuju1(m): 4:27pm On Aug 12, 2014
all4naija: RIP to the priest!

I wish I have the power to eliminate the ignorant and foolish Nigerians, most especially, those who are in this thread condemning Americans for their own problem.

In fact, I am in support of reducing the poor foolish Nigerian population because they have no good use to the country and humanity. They are like diseases. I think foolish Nigerians are not so much different from EBOLA virus! Kill all silly Nigerians!

Hahaahaha.. Very funny.

We already know your M.O, Diss Africans and Nigerians. Africans and stupid, backwards, Neanderthals, Apes, Monkeys, e.t.c.. Yup! We don heard it.. On every thread you have commented on we don heard it.. Basically, we have heard all you can possibly ever say about Africa and Africans.

Okay!! Thanks for sharing again..

Re: Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital by biafranqueen: 4:28pm On Aug 12, 2014
Oduduwaboy:
Haaaa!...thank you for this post!
Sad to know you dont live in Nigeria.
No I don't live in Nigeria all throughout the year but I spend at least 5-6 months in Nigeria per year. We have a business that employee's people in the East and encourages agriculture business. We also have couple of small business's that deal with Fashion and our clients are top notch we sale African and American clothes and the amount some women spend on Aso Ebi could build the hospital alone.

I am on the ground enough to know that when it comes to getting my people to donate for the community it is hard but when it is for church or funeral they can dash it out quickly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

9 Symptoms We Don't Worry About -- But Should / Coronavirus: 10 Lagos Government House Workers Test Positive / Home Exercise You Should Do To Burn Fat Rapidly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.