Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,850 members, 7,817,517 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? (21337 Views)

Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? / Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? / Is It Right For A Single Christain Girl To Leave Her Parent To Stay Alone ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by alingo4life: 11:15pm On Aug 13, 2014
Abeg dont mind all of those people saying dont stay alone..BTW,Is there a big deal in staying alone?BTW,I think maybe you finished from a Private University..Yes,I think so that's why it seems like a Big deal to you..Abegi,I stay in Ibadan myself and i can take you around town..Am looking to meet nairalanders based in Ibadan..Male and Female..Sent you a PM.Please reply..thanks
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by Nobody: 1:57am On Aug 14, 2014
Why not....As long as you're staying in a place that's save for you as a single female

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by krsty(f): 10:17am On Aug 14, 2014
kobonaire: The Nokia 1110 is the way to go

For better responses, I suggest you post your question here Phones section of NairaLand
thanks
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by sheyions: 11:04am On Aug 14, 2014
Your society frowns on it for childish reasons, but its a good way to assert your independence as a young adult. It would be one of many major life decisions you'd make in your twenties

very true please see http://bandonaija.com

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by blezynetym(f): 11:08am On Aug 14, 2014
Hello my dear lady, u ar above 18 n u ve ur life to leave. Am sure u know what u want in life. If u ve a gud job over there n a promising young man that wants u to spend the rest of ur life wit him go ahead n stay. Its a free world as far as am concern. But be wise like dove n be corny as a serpent. Gud luck. Cheers.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by Adaeze003(f): 11:27am On Aug 14, 2014
iroc: There is everything wrong staying alone my dear, shallow men dont have regard for girls like that, they look at them as not responsible, pls go back to your parent.

A girls life should be based on what men think now?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by johnahmed: 11:51am On Aug 14, 2014
Mass failure for 2014 WAEC Result.For upgrading/any Help/ Call_08105470307
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by Jesuspistol(m): 12:20pm On Aug 14, 2014
I've seen a girl who stays alone in a well furnished self-contain room and living responsibly. But there are these things about her:

1)She be chronic deeper life
2)Na her room/veranda dem dey do house fellowship and many other church meetings
3)Her house is in the open surrounded by lots of neighbors who knw her by name and where she could be at some certain time.

I tell you, a girl fit no be deeper o(dat's not my point) but the 3rd condition is hardly met by most single girls living alone. Dat's why they appear like not being responsible and being unsafe
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by Lucasbalo(m): 2:26pm On Aug 14, 2014
GlorifiedTunde:

YOU'RE A GUY AND SHE'S NOT! YOU'RE NOT PRONE TO MOLESTATION OR RIDICULE AS SHE IS angry
I stayed alone at the age of 18 in Chicago . Believe me, it's tougher than you think with your family thousands of miles away. That's why I said it depends on her mindset and financial capacity so that she won't compromise her values.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by SenatorJames(m): 10:01pm On Aug 14, 2014
It is better you define your purpose of leaving. Is it for employment, academics, business, training etc, but it will not be good enough if for job hunting, because you will be too free and people may see you as irresponsible (when many time you dont go to anyplace like other people). Dont just leave for privacy sake, the privacy will soon come, but wait for the right time.

I also got upset within the few four months i stayed after my nysc before i got employed, i understand that the zeal and urge is always high at that level. I pray doors of opportunities will open for you soon. Be yourself.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by joeycasper: 7:55am On Aug 15, 2014
You have to face many hardships as it is very difficult for a young lady to live alone in society. I can't recommend you this if you have any other option.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 15, 2014
Chillisauce: There is nothing wrong with a lady staying alone. You have to consider the environment, type of work, etC.
I stayed alone right after secondary school. Started from Uni..Nysc , work. I even drive my tuketuke, change am, buy cleaner one . Build house sef join, got my first tenant before marriage.

Make sure the environment is safe. If not too safe, once in a while buy orange juice for the touts in that area if you be born again. For me, I dey declare correct ogogoro and alcohol during my Nysc and post Nysc. These guys will never let anything come near you. But still keep your distance.

Sometimes, my male colleagues will come to camp in flat..eat better food finish. Sometimes the house go dry like say na ghost dey dia. wink you know na, weekend runs. grin

Some will say, don't buy car, don't live alone. You will scare men, blah blahs blah.. Don't mind them. Once you can afford it, go for it. Na kpai kpai men dey feel intimidated .

Correct!

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 15, 2014
johnahmed: Mass failure for 2014 WAEC Result.For upgrading/any Help/ Call_08105470307

Is this even possible?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Funny Things That Children Say / How To Deal With A Workaholic Man / Things You Should Give-up To Be Happy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.