Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,844 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? (29643 Views)

Rivers Rerun: APC Member Stabbed By Opposition Party - Graphic Photos / Being An Opposition Party, Not Licence To Abuse Buhari, APC Tells PDP / The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by MOROYEIALX: 12:25pm On Sep 02, 2014
let forget about APC
Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by honeric01(m): 12:27pm On Sep 02, 2014
maestroferddi: You are getting it twisted. If you go back to the essay you would see where it was stated that opposition should be the watchdog of government.

Nobody is averse to opposition:all we are asking is that the opposition should conduct itself in such a manner that it doesn't become a nuisance and sabotage the common good.

Every Nigerian is not a politician. The moment a party gets the national/state mandate to lead, we expect that such party should be allowed to delivered the dividends of democracy.

In a situation where the opposition chooses to create unnecessary bottlenecks that stifle national growth, it then becomes completely objectionable.

Opposition should not translate to an outright/wholesale demonisation of the ruling party.

That is the point that is being made.

LOL, so the opposition should serve as the watchdog? do you know the meaning of the word "WATCHDOG"? grin grin grin grin grin

What is the job of the Judiciary, pressure group, activist and the Legislators if the opposition to you should be the watchdog?

2 Likes

Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by MOROYEIALX: 12:27pm On Sep 02, 2014
concentrate on Jonathan's transformation train
Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by obailala(m): 12:29pm On Sep 02, 2014
This sample videos of the British leaders debating policies is what a democracy is all about... For every major decision of the David Cameron led government, a debating session will be organised between the Prime Minister David Cameron and the head of the opposition Ed Miliband.

How I wish some unenlightened Nigerians who wish and pray for a lame and toothless opposition in Nigeria can watch these short videos and see for themselves how a democracy works in developed countries. Watch the video and see the head of the opposition dissect and rubbish David Cameron on a daily basis and these debates are aired live...

This is not a case of a certain Nigerian president who trusting in the his own lack of intelligence and eloquence, could not face other (even unintelligent) presidential aspirants in a face to face debate.. Instead he chooses only to appear on pre-determined media chats where he answers rehearsed questions; even upon that, he still gives us unbelievable answers like "america will know" and "mere stealing is not corruption"

Everyday I ask myself, how did Nigeria even degenerate to the level we are today??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbfZRA1xXNk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2gIzzBtDxI

3 Likes

Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 02, 2014
maestroferddi: You are getting it twisted. If you go back to the essay you would see where it was stated that opposition should be the watchdog of government.

Nobody is averse to opposition:all we are asking is that the opposition should conduct itself in such a manner that it doesn't become a nuisance and sabotage the common good.

Every Nigerian is not a politician. The moment a party gets the national/state mandate to lead, we expect that such party should be allowed to delivered the dividends of democracy.

In a situation where the opposition chooses to create unnecessary bottlenecks that stifle national growth, it then becomes completely objectionable.

Opposition should not translate to an outright/wholesale demonisation of the ruling party.

Please give an instance where APC have criticised the ruling party unnecessarily?
Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by rman: 12:31pm On Sep 02, 2014

Only in Nigeria will government in power that control all the resources blame opposition for poor performance
! Pathetic
Unfortunately, the government in power has done same to the opposition. You can not exonerate them.

Typical examples,

Allowing PDP spokesmen to claim APC is sponsoring bokoharam.
Using government resources to gain unfair advantage, TAN is a good example.

The examples are numerous. The OP is just is not balanced in his assessment because he tried to paint APC as a bad kind of opposition.

Has PDP also conducted itself is a classy manner? NO

Mind you, going by comments by posters on popular forums and blogs, majority support parties based on ethnicity and religion. Sometimes, maybe based on popularity.

PDP and APC are using same rules and tactics because that's what Nigerians want. Blaming APC for that is so not right

4 Likes

Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by seanet02: 12:31pm On Sep 02, 2014
tomakint: This Op deserves a medal for a well written piece! APC supporters should learn from other oppositions in developed nations for a more harmonious relationship with the ruling party and not this bitterness spilled everywhere.
When exactly has PDP learn from ruling party in developed nations by spending 16 billion dollars on Power generation with no result to show for it?

4 Likes

Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by InHim4Him(m): 12:36pm On Sep 02, 2014
egift: APC is a breath of fresh air to the corrupt ridden PDP that has spent 15 years in making Nigeria a giant crawling on it stomach. APC is a viable alternative to PDP. Never in this democratic dispensation have we ever had an alternative that defeat the monster called PDP.

By voting in APC and voting out PDP, Nigerians will achieve 4 things in our Political Space:
1. That the Masses are the Boss. While our politicians are the servants.
2. It will mean the APC will not repeat the callous and nonchalant leadership dispositions that PDP have been dishing out for the last 15 years.
3. PDP will have the opportunity to go back to the drawing board to prioritize what is paramount to them (protect criminals or serve the masses).
4. And since PDP know how to steal, they will better police the FG under APC by exposing any imaginable malpractice even before Nigerians can find out.

So any Patriotic Nigerian will see that it is for the best interest of Nigeria to vote out PDP and elect APC come 2015. This nation will triumph again.

Great but bad dream glamorized! Dream on!
Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by BTT(m): 12:36pm On Sep 02, 2014
Omexonomy: Durring obj's tenure vote dont count whenever election is coming we athoumatically know who will win but gej came and change all that. E.g durring obj tenure osun election could have be convienetly rig in favour of PDP and the millitary and police will take care of the rest but gej never thaught of such rather he alowed the people decide for them selves.

I am not a fan of GEJ. But trust me I 'liked' your post because this is true and I have mentioned this elsewhere.

For me it is a big plus for the GEJ-led government.

First, I am a Nigerian.
Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by estherdennis(f): 12:41pm On Sep 02, 2014
egift: APC is a breath of fresh air to the corrupt ridden PDP that has spent 15 years in making Nigeria a giant crawling on it stomach. APC is a viable alternative to PDP. Never in this democratic dispensation have we ever had an alternative that defeat the monster called PDP.

By voting in APC and voting out PDP, Nigerians will achieve 4 things in our Political Space:
2. It will mean the APC will not repeat the callous and nonchalant leadership dispositions that PDP have been dishing out for the last 15 years.
3. PDP will have the opportunity to go back to the drawing board to prioritize what is paramount to them (protect criminals or serve the masses).
4. And since PDP know how to steal, they will better police the FG under APC by exposing any imaginable malpractice even before Nigerians can find out.

So any Patriotic Nigerian will see that it is for the best interest of Nigeria to vote out PDP and elect APC come 2015. This nation will triumph again.
that your leaders in APC have they not rule dis country before ? What was their achievements.call good good and good will come to you but call evil good and evil will visit you.
Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by Ahmeduana(m): 12:43pm On Sep 02, 2014
ratiken: APC is just ABSOLUTE evil...... nothing more.
THEY PLAY POLITICS WITH EVERYTHING EVEN WITH ebola!
Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by Orikinla(m): 12:44pm On Sep 02, 2014
BTT:
I am not a fan of GEJ. But trust me I 'liked' your post because this is true and I have mentioned this elsewhere.
For me it is a big plus for the GEJ-led government.
First, I am a Nigerian.

When people support the union of corruption, they will not escape from the consequences of the destruction.

Majority of Nigerians actually think from their loins and not with their brains.
That is why Nigeria is in such a bloody mess.
Garbage In, Garbage Out.
Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by egift(m): 12:44pm On Sep 02, 2014
estherdennis: that your leaders in APC have they not rule dis country before ? What was their achievements.call good good and good will come to you but call evil good and evil will visit you.

Buhari is in APC and he has ruled Nigeria before. Below is what he did within 20 months as Head of State, imagine what can be achieved in 4yrs in a democratic dispensation.

barcanista: GENERAL MUHAMMADU BUHARI
[img]http://3.bp..com/-Mi992cR6Fzg/Ua3cJwU0WrI/AAAAAAAAidw/FyPl-xKu7Yg/s400/buhari.jpg[/img]
ECONOMY
Inherited a dwindling economy,
1. Paid of $50m loan within few days of assumption and cleared the country's debt
2. Reduced Inflation from 23% to 3.21% within 20months.
3. Nigeria's GDP by Purchasing Power Parity was $941.2, it Grew by 8.56 %
3. Refused to devalue the Naira
4. curbing imports of needless goods, curtailing oil theft and using counter trade policy to barter seized illegally bunkered crude oil for needful goods like machineries, enabling it to export above its OPEC quota.
5. Under Buhari, Hoarded Goods were Sold at prices below market.

CORRUPTION:
1. Senator Sabo Bakin Zuwo, The Civilian Governor of Kano State was jailed for 300Years because $4.5 million was said to be found "stacked up" in Zuwo's home when it was searched by the new military government. He died in 1989
2. Vice President Alex Ekwueme was jailed of corruption. Stockpiles of money ranged from $56,000 found at his home
3. Fmr Bendel Governor Ambrose Alli was jailed for 100years for misappropriating funds belonging to Bendel State to the tune of N983,000. The Money was meant for road project but he donated it to his Party. He was later freed when Sir Gabriel Igbenedion paid fine to the Government.
4. A total of 4000 exGovernment officials submitted themselves to be tried for Corruption.Over 600 were Jailed Convicted and Jailed.
5. Many High profile Government officials, Businessmen, foreigners were jailed for one corrupt practice or the other.
6. Political office Holders, Businessmen, Contractors, civil servants and many others shunned corruption like a Plague

INSURGENCY
1. Maitatsine Group founded by Maitatsine Marwa, a Koranic scholar, rejected the hadith and the sunnah and regarded the reading of any other book but the Koran as paganism raised its head in 1979 during the Administration of President Shehu Shagari after he was contained by the Murtala and Obasanjo Administrations. Maitatsine spoke against the use of radios, watches, bicycles, cars and the possession of more money than necessary. Churches, Market, Police Formations, Government buildings etc was attacked leaving over FIVE thousand dead btw 1979 and 1981 (including Maitatsine).The Group moved to Kano, Borno, Kaduna, Gombe and environs. Over 4,000 people died(65% were insurgents). Buhari Crushed the Insurgency COMPLETELY within 16months. The 2i/c fled to Cameroon and was arrested in 2004.

OTHER SECURITY
1. There was high rate of armed robbery during Shagari's regime. Buhari stepped it, brought an end to armed robbery.
2. Introduced NURTW to checkmate "One Chance" and subsequently brought law and order.
3. Drug traffikers were executed.

PETROLEUM INFRASTRUCTURE
1. As NNPC Chairman, He was the man that Initiated and signed the construction contract of the existing Warri and Kaduna refineries. Two of the ONLY 3 Refineries In Nigeria. As at that time, Nigeria had just 1 Refinery-Portharcourt Refinery, established in 1965.

THE PRESS
He Instituted decree 2 and Decree 4 that was aimed at gaging the Press and Banned street protests. This is his only low but he was honest in his actions.

N/B: I deliberately refused to including Road Projects and others so as not to make it too bulky and boring.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by JEITO: 12:45pm On Sep 02, 2014
A type that specialize in destructive criticism and propaganda...
Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by Ediskcab(m): 12:47pm On Sep 02, 2014
lekhane: Na wa o, see as i just dey battle with my dictionary since i click this thread, Obahiagbon don give birth to many children sha grin

to the topic

so OP is trying to tell us now that all the policies of this administration has been favourable to all?

GEJ is trying but there are too many problems for the opposition to keep quiet

All in all, if your place both parties side by side, APC is not doing badly and i support them come 2015

And lastly, GEJ be using TAN to campaign about thereby breaking electoral laws, that is the hallmark of the PDP. they steal, break laws and still get away with it, and still you expect the opposition to keep quiet? HABA!!!

GBAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
U r quite right. D blind supporters of PDP and gej will never make reference to d CHEAT dey refer to as [code][/code]TAN
A president who claims to b sincere about electoral process in Nigeria but cuts corners around d electoral law campaigning by proxy before d legal date fixed by INEC.
Dis is my prayer.... that every unemployed graduate who is a member of "TAN" sincerely and wholeheartedly because of dia N10'000 stippend,
, MAY U LIVE D REST OF YOUR LIFE IN PERPETUAL BEGGERY

Pls tell me wot constructive criticism shld d opposition give gej about TAN?

2 Likes

Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by obailala(m): 12:47pm On Sep 02, 2014
Guk: Whilst people say PDP and APC are 2 sides of the same coin and therefore no difference, what worries me is the inability of Nigerians to accept the pathetically poor govts we have at all levels. We the people should be the main opposition through respective pressure groups like NLC; NBA; NMA; NANS; NUTRW etc but unfortunately, govt at al levels have used money to decimate all these groups.

Whichever one of us who agrees that any govt has done well is totally devoid of any standard in his/her life. The basic needs of any human being has not been given thorough policy consideration by any govt and i quote any govt. I know people are quick to reel out the perceived achievements of GEJ but my response is at what cost. You spend 1000% on what you require 10% to provide and you are applauded. His decision making lacks any form of depth and he is applauded embarassed SAD!!!

Coming down to the so called Performing Govs, i have used a particular road in a prominent area for 16 years and the road is destructive and yet, we hail them. The bottomline is we are our own Natural disaster & until each of us, me inclusive make a demand on our leaders to do the right thing, there will be no country to lead in the nearest future.

So, what should we do? Go to your local govt office and demand to know why services you pay tax for are not bn supplied. By the time they receive repeated visit from us regurlary, they will wake up
The bolded part of your message is one aspect I do not really understand about Nigerians... A person spends 10 times the required amount to provide a basic amenity and people who call themselves enlightened homo-sapiens begin to jump around in wild jubilations...

Not too long ago due to the activities of the oil cabal, it was a tradition to have long fuel queues within the 3 weeks of Christmas.. This was the case during the regimes of OBj and Yaradua but GEJ came in and for the first time, there were no fuel queues in the yuletide period. While people jubilated and still jubilate at this feat, a simple question was asked which should prick the conscience of any sane human being, "At what cost was this feat made possible?"

A comparison of the funds spent on subsidies between the OBJ era and the GEJ era showed that Nigerians had to pay almost an extra 1000% in fuel subsidies bribes to the oil cabal in order for fuel to be supplied for an extra 3 weeks in the year... and this is celebrated!

2 Likes

Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by themmydhayhor(m): 12:50pm On Sep 02, 2014
deletrue: hin dey thief dollars and other currencies too not only Naira.

Na u tlk am ooo
Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by hansad: 12:53pm On Sep 02, 2014

But you cooly forgot that Nigeria was already made a crawling giant by Born To Rule before PDP came in, talkless GEJ of yesterday. Since APC accepted the newPDP members to its fold, APC lost its voice as a credible alternative to PDP.
Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by hensben(m): 1:00pm On Sep 02, 2014
estherdennis: that your leaders in APC have they not rule dis country before ? What was their achievements.call good good and good will come to you but call evil good and evil will visit you.
can you compare nigeria of now and then, things are getting worse my sister, poor educational system;can you compare education of then and now, high cost of living nkor, many more i cant highlight now...In case you dont, things started getting worse for nigeria since 1999and its getting from worse to worst if i am lying ask elderly man around you nigeria of then and now.
Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by egift(m): 1:01pm On Sep 02, 2014
hansad: But you cooly forgot that Nigeria was already made a crawling giant by Born To Rule before PDP came in, talkless GEJ of yesterday. Since APC accepted the newPDP members to its fold, APC lost its voice as a credible alternative to PDP.

@Bold:
PDP have been in Power for 15 years. And things have gotten worse under Jonathan. Do you know how many Nigerians have died on Jonathan's watch?
Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by hensben(m): 1:02pm On Sep 02, 2014
hansad: But you cooly forgot that Nigeria was already made a crawling giant by Born To Rule before PDP came in, talkless GEJ of yesterday. Since APC accepted the newPDP members to its fold, APC lost its voice as a credible alternative to PDP.
can you compare nigeria of now and then, things are getting worse my brother, poor educational system;can you compare education of then and now, high cost of living nkor, many more i cant highlight now...In case you dont, things started getting worse for nigeria since 1999 and its getting from worse to worst if i am lying ask elderly man around you nigeria of then and now.
Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by richeso: 1:05pm On Sep 02, 2014
[size=15pt]PDP[/size] is not good at all, [size=15pt]APC[/size] is WORST.

PDP or APC, they are all Nigerians.. i no just like as APC do not take a single responsibility to help or support the present government instead na to raise cause, insults here and there.

if you think GEJ no dey try, then do what he can not do make we see. i am ready to support any party that make this changes.

start now. not tomorrow. the future of Nigeria starts today. not tomorrow.

The BOLD words are not just empty. check it yourself.
Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by hensben(m): 1:07pm On Sep 02, 2014
obailala:
The bolded part of your message is one aspect I do not really understand about Nigerians... A person spends 10 times the required amount to provide a basic amenity and people who call themselves enlightened homo-sapiens begin to jump around in wild jubilations...

Not too long ago due to the activities of the oil cabal, it was a tradition to have long fuel queues within the 3 weeks of Christmas.. This was the case during the regimes of OBj and Yaradua but GEJ came in and for the first time, there were no fuel queues in the yuletide period. While people jubilated and still jubilate at this feat, a simple question was asked which should prick the conscience of any sane human being, "At what cost was this feat made possible?"

A comparison of the funds spent on subsidies between the OBJ era and the GEJ era showed that Nigerians had to pay almost an extra 1000% in fuel subsidies bribes to the oil cabal in order for fuel to be supplied for an extra 3 weeks in the year... and this is celebrated!
bro you are very intelligent, we still have people that reason with neutral mind like you cos many people here reason/talk/type with tribal,religious, ethnic sentiments..with this i have hope that there are still people like you in the country who see and reason issues like myself.
Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by bigwallace(m): 1:16pm On Sep 02, 2014
The party dat keeps d ruling party on its toes!remeber we not operating a one party system,nd u dnt xpect a viable opposition party to pat d ruling party on its back,dat is d way its bin done anywer in d world.
Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by elohorayodele: 1:16pm On Sep 02, 2014
If PDP is evil then APC would show us the devil"s hand if they are allowed to win the presidential elections. APC is undemocratic, ridden with 'godfatherism' and is a complex alliance of desperate ex PDP politicians and tribal political war-lords. GEJ till 2019
Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by richeso: 1:17pm On Sep 02, 2014
egift:

Buhari is in APC and he has ruled Nigeria before. Below is what he did within 20 months as Head of State, imagine what can be achieved in 4yrs in a democratic dispensation.

Ok.. very Nice.. I like this.... Ok. tell me the bad ones..abi no bad one?
Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by Rijes: 1:20pm On Sep 02, 2014

They should lead by example.........
What rochas is doing to us in imo is not commendable and u know dat.
Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by Lordlexyy: 1:23pm On Sep 02, 2014
Lilimax: Opposition party is good as it will checkmate the ruling party and cut their excesses embarassed
However, a situation where the major opposition party practically see nothing good in whatever
the ruling government does is a NO to me.

They must praise them when a laudable feat is achieved smiley
And has any laudable feat been achieved so far that demand commendation? Too much suffering and complacent is responsible for the mediocritical state of most Nigerians, where little progress is greeted with thunderous applause. Those against Apc are simply looking for excuses to hold unto. There is nothing unpatrotic in the opposition of Apc has provided so far. They said Apc is violent, i agree. Who could actually tolerate a gov't enbroiled in massive corruption like the pdp. A 15 yrs gov't with nothing more that mediocrity and deceits to show for. Apc should be more vile in its disposition, cos the softness of the opposition is the reason for this myopic remark by the op.

1 Like

Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by deletrue: 1:26pm On Sep 02, 2014
obailala:

@Op,
To correct an erroneous assumption which you made, it is ONLY in Nigeria or maybe in Africa and other third world shaky democracies that an opposition party would come out and applaud the ruling party. I suppose your model of an opposition is what we have in Labour Party and APGA or in the 2007 and 2011 elections where 30 different political parties would endorse the incumbent president as their candidate?

You cannot be blamed because you were born in a country where all your life, you have been ruled by autocratic dictators and even when we transited to 'civilian' rule, we still practised an autocratic single party system up till last year when the APC was formed. Therefore, it doesn't come as a surprise that you and most Nigerians who are 'probably' sympathetic to GEJ/PDP and who are already used to autocracy, are confused at the concept of an opposition party being a pain in the butt of the ruling party.

Just like OseghaleEbosele rightly mentioned on this thread, go and study the situation in USA (Democratic Party vs Republican Party), UK and Australia(Labour Party vs Conservative Party), France (Socialist Party vs Union for a Popular Movement), Germany (Social Democratic. Party vs Christian Democratic Union). In the UK today, for every major decision made by the prime minister, an open debate would be held in the house of parliament between the prime minister Vs. the head of the opposition party; You need to understand that that is the beauty of democracy. The kind of opposition we have in Nigeria today is even a child's play because no matter how the APC screams and criticises, the ruling party still autocratically goes ahead to do whatever it likes...

...and just before I close this, @Op, can you please give an example of one of the 'good' policies of GEJ which was opposed by APC?

You no dey reason? As a Nigerian, if I coninue to tell people that I and I alone is born to rule, what does that mean to you. If I make a promise that there will be no peace in this country and a minute after, there comes Boko haram killing, burning, what does that tell you. When four governors from one region left one party and decamp to another, especially when it is thier last tenure, tell us the meaning or tell us, since independece, when did four governors decamped because the party they left is damn bad.
When your chairman promised parallel government openly, tell us if there is any other anti-policy that is worse than that? When your Islam apc members told us openly that Nigeria must be an islamic nation by force by fire, is that not a wicked policy?
If you are not convinced, I will be back shortly.
Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by generalissimo(m): 1:31pm On Sep 02, 2014
OseghaleEbosele: From the article above it is obvious that the writer doesn't know anything abuit politics, whether in Nigeria or in other parts of the world. I suggest he should study the situation in USA (Democratic Party vs Republican Party), UK and Australia(Labour Party vs Conservative Party), France (Socialist Party vs Union for a Popular Movement), Germany (Social Democratic. Party vs Christian Democratic Union) etc
Guy, u need to do ur research very well and be re-informed. Those examples of oppositions u mentioned above are not in any way compared to this sickening destructive critism and sabotage perpetrated by APC in Nigeria. Anyway, u may not understand if u are any APC member.....we do, cos we arent politicians.
Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by zanga420: 1:37pm On Sep 02, 2014
olapluto: Sincerely speaking, the mold of APC is a very good opposition. However, Nigerians have been so battered, emotionally bruised that we have learnt over time to accept our pathetic situation. That is why a government will be so poor and oppositions are not allowed to ask questions. E.g GEJ recently asked for 1B to fight Boko Haram. The ONLY voice raising legitimate concerns about how previous money was spent and why so much money needed when little progress made with former allocations is APC.
Without any opposition, the current government would have ruined Nigeria beyond where it is.
yes thats a good one they should demand accountability to the masses to the last kobo. My groose with them is that they've not shown what they can offer except their desperado for power.
Re: What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? by freshprincex49(m): 1:39pm On Sep 02, 2014
maestroferddi: The attitude you and several misguided folks are displaying is the crux of the matter.

Why is it that whatever the opposition don't understand must be wrong? Every policy initiated by the government must be wrong irrespective of the propriety of such policy.
This is the question most non-partisan Nigerians are asking.

Who told you guys that that is how politics is played? It is so painful to see that people cannot distinguish between nihilism and constructive engagement.

If you are not a good follower, how do you intend to become a good leader?

PDP is this, PDP is that...
Is the opposition aiming to outdo the ruling party in outlandish behaviour or to demonstrate that they are a better alternative by examplary conduct?

Does the Republican Party in the US set out to undermine the American government by showing to the outside world America's frailties as is almost the case in Nigeria?

Does the Labour Party in the UK go out of their way to rubbish the office of the Prime Minister just to score cheap political points or to engage in acts that undercut British institutions?

In advance democracies all over the world what we see are issue-based opposition politics and criticisms and not the desperado-style opposition being enacted in Nigeria where power is being sought at all cost.

Little wonder opposition parties are yet to form a government in Nigeria since independence in 1960.
End of discussion! You have said it all..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu To Tinubu: You've Disappointed, Disgraced The Noble Yoruba Ancestry / Buhari Is A Noisemaker; He’s As Corrupt As Abacha – Lamido / More Photos From Charles Soludo's Swearing-In Ceremony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.