Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:41 AM

FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers (10264 Views)

PDP Battles Ghost Workers, Pays Staff In Cash / Subsidy Removal: FG Saves N18.3bn In Six Weeks / FG Uncovers 62,892 ‘Ghost’ Workers, Saves N208.7bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by Omexonomy: 6:45am On Aug 13, 2014
pelvicky: 160 billions for 170 millions population.

So,its true that if 1million is distributed to every nigerian each,,e go reach everybody
bluethoot2 comes to mind

2 Likes

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by alaladakosta(f): 6:45am On Aug 13, 2014
Odunharry:
u go chop cain ds morning 4 bookng space

Am not booking, am actually making a reservation.

1 Like

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by BabaO2: 6:46am On Aug 13, 2014
where is the impact of the saving.? where is the money.? Jonathan govt is the most shameless and corrupt in Nigeria history. Doing everything with impunity ..

4 Likes

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by Nobody: 6:48am On Aug 13, 2014
FG themselves are ghost they will eat it up again..... And who employed those ghost at the first place?

3 Likes

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by justi4jesu(f): 6:49am On Aug 13, 2014
BabaO2: where is the impact of the saving.? where is the money.? Jonathan govt is the most shameless and corrupt in Nigeria history. Doing everything with impunity ..

Money don enter voicemail....All we read and hear are huge Figures... undecided

1 Like

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by uboma(m): 6:49am On Aug 13, 2014

So,its true that if 1million is distributed to every nigerian each,,e go reach everybody

That's a careful analysis you have there...

1 Like

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by Nobody: 6:54am On Aug 13, 2014
chai!

1 Like

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by kurt09(m): 7:08am On Aug 13, 2014
sunnyshayne: Its still the same thing, it will be spent by Ghost.
You may be right.

1 Like

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by kibo: 7:09am On Aug 13, 2014

Bros ?? I admire ur calculation sha. Its approximately 1K per individual if shared, not 1 million.

1 Like

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by BlackBaron: 7:10am On Aug 13, 2014
So what happened to the people behind it?

Were they just softly asked to stop and took a light rasp round the wrist?
Or how do you present stolen goods to the public without talking about how it got there or who diverted the money?

2 Likes

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by lillaowow(m): 7:11am On Aug 13, 2014
hok4u:

Bros,report yourself to Yaba left,naso é dey start ooo

Grabs Mic....
E.M.Eazzzy!!
It ain't easy (master craft on the beat)
Are they mad!!!, they must be mad
Cos if I die today, nobody gon die with me (olorun maje o)
If I go broke today I will never hear my....
I no send nonody, I go keep doing my thing
And iif you feeling menow, let me hear you sing...
Ma jaye o ri mi......

1 Like

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by fiverrwin(f): 7:22am On Aug 13, 2014
What next

1 Like

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by Nobody: 7:28am On Aug 13, 2014
omenka: They do these and beat their chests that they are fighting corruption!!

When would we start hearing things like: Anti-corruption war, FG Jails....

Ambasador XYZ

Chief ATB

Senator RTH

Honourable JXY

Alhaji TKO

General SGP

His Royal Highness DFK

Bishop FVU

Etc...

Until they are ready start showing us things like these, they should keep their stale and boring stories of rounding up ghost workers, bankers and yahoo boys who stole millions to themselves!!

Next!!
Anti-corruption war should also be PREVENTIVE. After all, PREVENTION they say is better than CURE. Isn't that COMMON SENSE? I guess common sense is not common after all.

Meanwhile, EFCC, police and other law enforcement agencies are already taking care of the law enforcement or punitive aspect of anti-corruption war.

2 Likes

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by Sibrah: 7:38am On Aug 13, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
Anti-corruption war should also be PREVENTIVE. After all, PREVENTION they say is better than CURE. Isn't that COMMON SENSE? I guess common sense is not common after all.

Meanwhile, EFCC, police and other law enforcement agencies are already taking care of the law enforcement or punitive aspect of anti-corruption war.
Wrong!
If Everybody starts giving it a try because no one is going to jail, then in no time we will back to square one.

2 Likes

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by blinkmoneyo(m): 7:50am On Aug 13, 2014
saved 160 billion naira from the frying pan to the fire "their pocket"

2 Likes

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by januzaj(m): 8:06am On Aug 13, 2014
Armed robbers collected #160b from thieves.........well na dem get upper hand
Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by januzaj(m): 8:09am On Aug 13, 2014

dats 1000K nt 1M.........na ppl lyk u go dey form say na A1 dem get for maths during their tym
Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by mu2sa2: 8:35am On Aug 13, 2014
Let's suppose that 160b naira is saved as claimed. This means that amount, more or less, was stolen last year and previous years. What's the point announcing the theft and nothing about to get it back even when the thieves are known. The sensible thing to do is to retrieve the stolen money from the thieves.

2 Likes

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by shikshark: 8:46am On Aug 13, 2014
if the f.g have found a way to curb ghost workers i suggest they replace the ghosts with live employees instead of realising profit and celebrating

1 Like

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by rattlesnake(m): 9:00am On Aug 13, 2014
This country is just evil

1 Like

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 13, 2014
Sincere9gerian:

You don't tell an already infected person to adopt "preventive" measures to forestall a disease he already has. You have to TREAT the disease first, then you can adopt preventive measures to ensure there is no recurrence.

When the government refuses to prosecute corruption cases with vigour, when it withdraws corruption cases (like the case of Mohammed Abacha), grants pardon to convicted individuals (like Alamieyeseigha) and endorses corruption-tainted individuals for public office (like Ayo Fayose) it sends a message to Nigerians that corruption pays and that they don't need to be honest or work hard to "make it". When civil servants see their president fly around with NINE presidential jets and their lawmakers earning more than Obama, they are encouraged to try to steal so as to "live large" like the politicians are doing.

Until we take a tough stance against corruption by prosecuting (and jailing, if found guilty) highly-placed Nigerians, no amount of "preventive measures" will clean up this country. But I'm sure you're smart enough to know that.

2 Likes

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by kennyung: 10:14am On Aug 13, 2014
freshness2020: Great one, but how much proceeds have they garnered from the corrupts one's they have intercepted!

Mr Patrick Obahiagbon Brother

i am maniacally Bewildered grin
Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by IGBOSON1: 10:19am On Aug 13, 2014
What they should have done was set up a sting operation to net some of these bastards! Then again, most of the culprits would be high up directors and such, so maybe that's why nobody thought of it! wink

All the billions of dollars stolen over the years is just going to be written off as a loss, and the scum that stole all that money would have gotten away with their loot! Same thing happens in all the states too!

That's Nigeria for you!

2 Likes

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by hok4u(f): 10:20am On Aug 13, 2014
lillaowow:

Grabs Mic....
E.M.Eazzzy!!
It ain't easy (master craft on the beat)
Are they mad!!!, they must be mad
Cos if I die today, nobody gon die with me (olorun maje o)
If I go broke today I will never hear my....
I no send nonody, I go keep doing my thing
And iif you feeling menow, let me hear you sing..
Ma jaye o ri mi......

Lol. . . Kolomental. . . Like this don pass yaba left ooo,india straight
Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by DDGENERAL(m): 10:23am On Aug 13, 2014
HOPE THE REMAINING BALANCE WILL BE USED FOR MASSES ORIENTED PROJECT

1 Like

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 10:26am On Aug 13, 2014
Jeje we dey go... Kudos to the government.. Lets fish all them ghost workers out.
kurt09: The federal government has saved about N160 billion through the Integrated Personnel and Payroll Information System, IPPIS. That money could have been stolen by corrupt civil servants through the ghost workers syndrome, the Accountant General of the Federation, AGF, Mr. Jonah Otunla, has disclosed.
“We have IPPIS which has helped save personnel cost. In fact as at December 2013 we have saved about N160 billion,” he said.
Addressing members of the Association of National Accountants of Nigeria, ANAN, at their Mandatory Continuing Professional Development, in Abuja, yesterday, he declared that the Federal Government reform initiatives to ensure a transparent payroll system would be pursued with vigour.
There had been a subtle opposition to the exercise by unscrupulous workers in some Ministries, Departments and Agencies, MDAs, but Mr. Otunla, had insisted that e ghosts workers must be eliminated.
www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/fg-saves-n160bn-ghost-workers/
Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by samesolomon(m): 10:30am On Aug 13, 2014
and there is still no money to pay civil servants a living wage?
who is keeping the saved money ?

1 Like

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by freshness2020: 10:41am On Aug 13, 2014
kennyung:

Mr Patrick Obahiagbon Brother

i am maniacally Bewildered grin
Mr Patrick Obahiagbon Jnr, am highly privileged to meet ♈όϋ ...help me to increase my vocabs!
Lol.

2 Likes

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by erico2k2(m): 11:03am On Aug 13, 2014
sunnyshayne: Its still the same thing, it will be spent by Ghost.
Try and umderstand how the automated pay system qorks b4 commenting.the system pays workers direct from givt pues so the director do not even see the moneis whatever saved remains in the fg bank.These funds would be divert3d to do something else

1 Like

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by fairheven: 11:17am On Aug 13, 2014
O.K.,thank you for "saving",but were is the money?wt have theydone with themoney?squandered?next
Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by ogaju007(m): 11:34am On Aug 13, 2014

You do maths for school so? na only 934 naira go reach 1 person for this money... I hoe i didnt just shoot myself in the foot. grin

1 Like

Re: FG Saves N160bn From Ghost Workers by Nobody: 12:14pm On Aug 13, 2014
erico2k2:
Try and umderstand how the automated pay system qorks b4 commenting.the system pays workers direct from givt pues so the director do not even see the moneis whatever saved remains in the fg bank.These funds would be divert3d to do something else

you that understand, please go and tell them that its not today we hear money is saved and it develops wings. Wake up before you quote serious minded people.

One ghost identified.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Radio Biafra Hacked: Listeners Entertained With Provocative Hausa Songs / UPDATED: I Was Sacked After Education Minister Accused Me Of Collecting Bribe / LAWMA Employs 20 Physically-Challenged Persons To Sweep Pedestrian Bridges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.