Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,584 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

An Open Letter Of Apology From A Liberian To Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter Of Apology From A Liberian To Nigerians (1082 Views)

DAAR Communications Letter Of Apology To Tinubu (Full Text) / Tinubu Demands Apology From Saraki, Dogara On National Dailies - Vanguard / Horrifying Pictures Of The Liberian Civil War. (caution) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter Of Apology From A Liberian To Nigerians by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 13, 2014
As my previous thread, I found this on FP

cc Realugee tpia1 kizmarty

AN OPEN LETTER OF APOLOGY FROM A LIBERIAN TO ALL NIGERIANS!

My Fellow Nigerians,

I present you deed sympathetic greetings and also write to express my condolence to all Nigerians for the death of your fellow citizens who died as a result of Ebola in Lagos, Nigeria.

My dear African friends, I am cognizant of the fact that Nigeria and Liberia has had a long standing relationship which cannot be disputed. During the civil crisis here in Liberia, Nigeria took the lead to restore peace in our land which I am very impressed of as a Liberian.

However my dear Nigerian brothers and sisters, your President, H.E.Goodluck Jonathan, recently described a man believed to be a Liberian and an American who died in Lagos after been diagnosed of Ebola in a speech in these words which has caught my attention. "Sawyer who brought Ebola to Nigeria also contracted it because his sister died of Ebola and he went for the burial and he participated in a way that he became a suspect.

"His country asked him not to leave the country so that he would be observed but the crazy man decided to smuggle himself out and now we are suffering because of it".

Per the above mentioned recounts fellow Nigerians, I want you to forgive all Liberians and let us collectively seek the face of God in prayers to put an end to Ebola. Remember that we are one family and to complain of one of the family members been the cause of the deaths of others is also painful to us (Liberians).

We in Liberia are in tears and it was never our thought that one of our family members would have behaved this way as was described by your father, President Goodluck Jonathan. Have mercy on us and allow our brothers (Liberians) there in Nigeria to live in peace.

Finally, we have also gotten complain from our uncle in Lagos, Ambassador Al-Hassan Conteh, Liberia's Ambassador to Nigeria that some of you (Nigerians) are now blaming Liberians for taking Ebola in Lagos and that some Liberians are now been stigmatized in Nigeria. We beg you follow Nigerians, please have mercy on our brothers in Nigeria because they know nothing about this man taking the Ebola to Lagos. We were also inform that some newspapers in Nigerian are drawing cartoons in which mockery is being made of Liberians which in my mind is wrong.

Though your father ( President Goodluck Jonathan) is not happy with the way it happened but I want you all to have mercy on us and let's remain one family despite this disease that is killing us. Ebola should not divide us as a family because it will surely go and we will all celebrate together again!

Yours truly,

Vandalark R. Patricks
A Liberian

Ps:no be me write the letter oo, I find am for facebook.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter Of Apology From A Liberian To Nigerians by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 13, 2014
cc Mynd44 berem mukina2 seun
Re: An Open Letter Of Apology From A Liberian To Nigerians by Lorlaahlozz: 12:42pm On Aug 13, 2014
Chai!

Sha na apology letter go bring cure or stop d ebola from spreading

DiarisGod oo
Re: An Open Letter Of Apology From A Liberian To Nigerians by Lorlaahlozz: 12:42pm On Aug 13, 2014
Chai!

Shey na apology letter go bring cure or stop d ebola from spreading

DiarisGod oo
Re: An Open Letter Of Apology From A Liberian To Nigerians by Burger01(m): 12:53pm On Aug 13, 2014
Mtcheew angry
Re: An Open Letter Of Apology From A Liberian To Nigerians by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 13, 2014
we can't do much than accept this apology..

as for discrimination and ill treatment towards Liberians.... i dnt agree with that...

at least haven't heard of ...

Nigerians are too peaceful for such

hope for a brighter future...smiley
#peace
Re: An Open Letter Of Apology From A Liberian To Nigerians by amiskurie(m): 1:03pm On Aug 13, 2014
Liberuganda I guess
Re: An Open Letter Of Apology From A Liberian To Nigerians by Sweetlemon(f): 1:05pm On Aug 13, 2014
Mtcheeeeew

Op no be dat one wey dey our head now. Na how to protect ourselves be the koko for now. Come back later when all these have died down.
Re: An Open Letter Of Apology From A Liberian To Nigerians by Bigcake: 1:18pm On Aug 13, 2014
On behalf of fellow Nigerians, i Bigcake have graciously and diplomatically accepted your apology. We love Liberians and we will always do our best to protect the interest of Liberians in our midst. Africa must unite against Ebola.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter Of Apology From A Liberian To Nigerians by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 13, 2014
Sweetlemon: Mtcheeeeew

Op no be dat one wey dey our head now. Na how to protect ourselves be the koko for now. Come back later when all these have died down.

no be me write d letter o
Re: An Open Letter Of Apology From A Liberian To Nigerians by Proxy001(m): 1:45pm On Aug 13, 2014
the deed has already been done..... medicine after death
Re: An Open Letter Of Apology From A Liberian To Nigerians by Rikidony(m): 1:48pm On Aug 13, 2014
Bigcake: On behalf of fellow Nigerians, i Bigcake have graciously and diplomatically accepted your apology. We love Liberians and we will always do our best to protect the interest of Liberians in our midst. Africa must unite against Ebola.

SPEAK FOR YOUR SELF BRO undecided

ACCORDING TO GEJ...... WE WILL SET UP A COMMITEE TO DIPLOMATICALLY LOOK INTO THE APOLOGY

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter Of Apology From A Liberian To Nigerians by Bigcake: 1:59pm On Aug 13, 2014
Rikidony:

SPEAK FOR YOUR SELF BRO undecided

ACCORDING TO GEJ...... WE WILL SET UP A COMMITEE TO DIPLOMATICALLY LOOK INTO THE APOLOGY
The said apology never came from the Liberian Presidency, rather from a concerned citizen who took upon himself to issue out the nerves calming apology. Therefore, in the same guise, myself as a responsible citizen of Nigeria also deems it necessary to accept the apology on behalf of well meaning Nigerians. Except you are not a well meaning Nigerian.
Re: An Open Letter Of Apology From A Liberian To Nigerians by Rikidony(m): 2:03pm On Aug 13, 2014
Bigcake: The said apology never came from the Liberian Presidency, rather from a concerned citizen who took upon himself to issue out the nerves calming apology. Therefore, in the same guise, myself as a responsible citizen of Nigeria also deems it necessary to accept the apology on behalf of well meaning Nigerians. Except you are not a well meaning Nigerian.
Dude u acceptefd the apology fine but wat if it was a Nigerian that took Ebola to their country right now the Nigerian embassy would have been in shambles
Re: An Open Letter Of Apology From A Liberian To Nigerians by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 13, 2014
Spits on Op's face angry
Re: An Open Letter Of Apology From A Liberian To Nigerians by Bigcake: 2:14pm On Aug 13, 2014
Rikidony:
Dude u acceptefd the apology fine but wat if it was a Nigerian that took Ebola to their country right now the Nigerian embassy would have been in shambles
My guy, '' you can only give what u have''..... Liberia has Ebola virus and freely they gave to us, Nigeria has a large, mature and a forgiving heart which is very accommodating. A wise saying goes thus '' All animals are equal but some are more equal than the others''.
Re: An Open Letter Of Apology From A Liberian To Nigerians by Eldavido1: 2:36pm On Aug 13, 2014
Bigcake: The said apology never came from the Liberian Presidency, rather from a concerned citizen who took upon himself to issue out the nerves calming apology. Therefore, in the same guise, myself as a responsible citizen of Nigeria also deems it necessary to accept the apology on behalf of well meaning Nigerians. Except you are not a well meaning Nigerian.

The Liberian government apologise to the Nigerian government officially already.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter Of Apology From A Liberian To Nigerians by meforyou1(m): 2:48pm On Aug 13, 2014
the Liberian government has already apologised to Nigeria
Re: An Open Letter Of Apology From A Liberian To Nigerians by whitecat007: 3:01pm On Aug 13, 2014
Why the apology now and not when the news first broke about their role in bringing ebola to Nigeria? Is this apology here now because they truly feel sorry for pain and grief they caused Nigerians or for the Liberians in Nigeria to have peace and not feel the heat? They fought tooth and nail for the corpse to be sent back when they knew the risk involved and we didn't see letters of apology litter anywhere until now. All I see in the apology is they don't want their people picked on in Nigeria and not about orphans who have lost everything and millions who are in fear every minute.

To feel sorry for having been caught for something is different from heartfelt apology. Would there have been this letter if there had been no cartoons or the so call stigma?
Re: An Open Letter Of Apology From A Liberian To Nigerians by LogoDWhiz(m): 3:12pm On Aug 13, 2014
Hmmm.

What good will this bring now? The head is already cut off from the body.
Re: An Open Letter Of Apology From A Liberian To Nigerians by Olusanya333(m): 4:54pm On Aug 13, 2014
Lorlaahlozz: Chai!

DiarisGod oo
Re: An Open Letter Of Apology From A Liberian To Nigerians by diarisgod(m): 8:10pm On Aug 13, 2014
Lorlaahlozz: Chai!

DiarisGod oo
I dey answer you undecided

(1) (Reply)

Apc's Pitiful Social Media Self-deception On Buhari's Chances In 2015 / Ezeagu People Live And Let Udi North Live / What Does Buhari Have To Offer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.