Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,060 members, 7,818,177 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

President Jonathan, Fashola, Sambo Use Hand Sanitizer During Meeting On Ebola - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / President Jonathan, Fashola, Sambo Use Hand Sanitizer During Meeting On Ebola (54558 Views)

Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall / Hand Sanitizer Does Not Prevent Ebola Virus - Harold Thomas / Jonathan Declares National Emergency On Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan, Fashola, Sambo Use Hand Sanitizer During Meeting On Ebola by chineloNg(f): 12:43am On Aug 18, 2014
tonididdy: how does this solve anything.

EBOLA has come to stay...its nature's way of reducing the heavy unnecessary overpopulation of the earth.

@quoters WE ARE ALL BORN TO DIE...don't be scared of death RATHER life after death
Eehn goan hug them naa and b d sacrificial lamb for mankind undecided

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan, Fashola, Sambo Use Hand Sanitizer During Meeting On Ebola by ibdeals1(m): 12:46am On Aug 18, 2014
angry
Re: President Jonathan, Fashola, Sambo Use Hand Sanitizer During Meeting On Ebola by synergycom19: 12:55am On Aug 18, 2014
In stead of taking preventive measures towards ensuring that the virus never steps it foot in Nigeria, they were aware of it outbreak in Liberia, Sierra lone, ginue Bissau they did nothing, say nothing and behave as if it is rumour like the kidnapped chibok glris.
now they are spending money buying equipments and behaving like a serious and responsible government.
Re: President Jonathan, Fashola, Sambo Use Hand Sanitizer During Meeting On Ebola by sarutobie(m): 12:58am On Aug 18, 2014
aresa: Using hand sanitizer is good hygiene practice, but hand sanitizer have zero effect on Ebola.

Hand sanitizer kills bacteria, it doesn't kill virus. sanitizer kills 99.9 % bacteria and not virus, bacteria is different from virus.

These ignorant leaders need to quit the stupidity and stop sending the wrong message.
And he dragged a hundred and twenty three(and counting) ignoramus into the abyss of ignorance...I have said it,any Government will be helpless against a people who refuse to get wisdom (even when it is shown to them in text and pictures)
Re: President Jonathan, Fashola, Sambo Use Hand Sanitizer During Meeting On Ebola by Nobody: 1:19am On Aug 18, 2014
Dettol hand sanitizer... Since 400 BC
Re: President Jonathan, Fashola, Sambo Use Hand Sanitizer During Meeting On Ebola by Lucasbalo(m): 2:24am On Aug 18, 2014
aresa: Using hand sanitizer is good hygiene practice, but hand sanitizer have zero effect on Ebola.

Hand sanitizer kills bacteria, it doesn't kill virus. sanitizer kills 99.9 % bacteria and not virus, bacteria is different from virus.

These ignorant leaders need to quit the stupidity and stop sending the wrong message.
Gbam.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan, Fashola, Sambo Use Hand Sanitizer During Meeting On Ebola by anonimi: 5:39am On Aug 18, 2014
synergycom19: In stead of taking preventive measures towards ensuring that the virus never steps it foot in Nigeria, they were aware of it outbreak in Liberia, Sierra lone, ginue Bissau.

Do you mean GUINEA [Conakry]
Re: President Jonathan, Fashola, Sambo Use Hand Sanitizer During Meeting On Ebola by felixchip(m): 6:37am On Aug 18, 2014

Hand sanitizer with a good percentage of alcohol content can be used against viruses as in the case of Ebola.

So, dear, watch your mouth and the words utter. Any hand sanitizer with at least 70% alcohol content is advised to be used.

You are the ignorant and stupid one that needs to stop his stupidity 'cause you don't know the consultations that were made before those were provided for them and how effective it is on viruses.
Re: President Jonathan, Fashola, Sambo Use Hand Sanitizer During Meeting On Ebola by fuckyouhard: 7:10am On Aug 18, 2014
simdam500:
contacting u mean?
u contract disease. u don't contact it

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan, Fashola, Sambo Use Hand Sanitizer During Meeting On Ebola by giles14(m): 8:09am On Aug 18, 2014
sanitizer kills bacteria, it doesn't kill virus. sanitizer kills 99.9 % bacteria and not virus, bacteria is different from virus.

sorry but but washing ur hands with soap and water ruptures d virus cell so preventing ebola.
Re: President Jonathan, Fashola, Sambo Use Hand Sanitizer During Meeting On Ebola by princebergz(m): 8:44am On Aug 18, 2014
IYANGBALI: How much did they bought it?

you too you like it... BOUGHT I guess it can't be that expensive you can BOUGHT something smaller BOUGHT If you can afford it BOUGHT this big size...
Re: President Jonathan, Fashola, Sambo Use Hand Sanitizer During Meeting On Ebola by Philipmems(m): 8:56am On Aug 18, 2014
anonimi:

How about we find/create/RESEARCH/develop viable and equally efficient LOCAL sanitizers
Why are we such LAZY BLACK BUMS that only want to IMPORT from other people rather make our own? shocked
For how long shall we remain the LOWEST category of humans angry

So it will be a stupidly CLUELESS decision to simply import sanitizers, which is the easy, non-edifying route.

At the height of Ebola scare we should start researching on local hand sanitizers really?
I am trying to be real here OK, not living in some fantasy world that will never come. We are in a consumer driven economy and unless there are order ideas to get us out of the mess well it is what it is..
Re: President Jonathan, Fashola, Sambo Use Hand Sanitizer During Meeting On Ebola by anonimi: 9:25am On Aug 18, 2014
Philipmems:

At the height of Ebola scare we should start researching on local hand sanitizers really?
I am trying to be real here OK, not living in some fantasy world that will never come. We are in a consumer driven economy and unless there are order ideas to get us out of the mess well it is what it is..

I appreciate your reality about the URGENCY of finding immediate solutions.
However BEYOND the immediate solution we should consider the LONG TERM measures that ensure it does not happen anymore. This is where RESEARCH and continuous improvement comes in.
Oyinbo nor get am for two heads abeg shocked angry

BTW, what do you mean by "fantasy world that will never come"
Hope you don't mind satisfying my/our curiosity.
Re: President Jonathan, Fashola, Sambo Use Hand Sanitizer During Meeting On Ebola by nammi: 9:26am On Aug 18, 2014
YOU ARE BLESSED

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan, Fashola, Sambo Use Hand Sanitizer During Meeting On Ebola by yogun(f): 9:26am On Aug 18, 2014
Ruben Abati no de try. Warrizdis?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan, Fashola, Sambo Use Hand Sanitizer During Meeting On Ebola by Orikinla(m): 9:49am On Aug 18, 2014
The hand sanitizer should be supplied to all public transport buses, schools, offices and other places and not only for the privileged class.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan, Fashola, Sambo Use Hand Sanitizer During Meeting On Ebola by Philipmems(m): 9:57am On Aug 18, 2014
anonimi:

I appreciate your reality about the URGENCY of finding immediate solutions.
However BEYOND the immediate solution we should consider the LONG TERM measures that ensure it does not happen anymore. This is where RESEARCH and continuous improvement comes in.
Oyinbo nor get am for two heads abeg shocked angry

BTW, what do you mean by "fantasy world that will never come"
Hope you don't mind satisfying my/our curiosity.

Honestly you have a point but its just that we should not be were we are today, we should be miles up the ladder but our so called leaders are enslaving the system for their self-centered interest so what can one do... OK just imagine a country that produces crude oil can't refine the product, they have to ship it out at a cost, refine it at a cost and ship it back in at a cost... Doesn't make sense, why not invest in building refineries, we have lots of internal flowing river in less dense areas why not invest in dams, or nuclear power plants.... But they wouldn't because our leaders have invested alot in enslaving us, they have vessels to transport crude they negotiate with the refining companies abroad, they import generators, have oil blocks, ...the list is endless I can assure you. Do u believe in a better nigeria sure I do... In this generation...hmmmm.. Honestly I don't.
Re: President Jonathan, Fashola, Sambo Use Hand Sanitizer During Meeting On Ebola by anonimi: 10:15am On Aug 18, 2014
Philipmems:

Honestly you have a point but its just that we should not be were we are today, we should be miles up the ladder but our so called leaders are enslaving the system for their self-centered interest so what can one do... OK just imagine a country that produces crude oil can't refine the product, they have to ship it out at a cost, refine it at a cost and ship it back in at a cost... Doesn't make sense, why not invest in building refineries, we have lots of internal flowing river in less dense areas why not invest in dams, or nuclear power plants.... But they wouldn't because our leaders have invested alot in enslaving us, they have vessels to transport crude they negotiate with the refining companies abroad, they import generators, have oil blocks, ...the list is endless I can assure you. Do u believe in a better nigeria sure I do... In this generation...hmmmm.. Honestly I don't.

Oga, it is not just about the leaders only. We their fellow citizens encourage them actively/passively to continuously ra'pe us and steal our commonwealth and heritage. Moreover the leaders were just ordinary citizens until they got into positions of power starting with the LGA Councillor.

I hope and am committed to making Nigeria better in my generation!
That is one of the reasons I spend so much time on these forums!!
I know it can be and expect that it will be!!!

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan, Fashola, Sambo Use Hand Sanitizer During Meeting On Ebola by Philipmems(m): 10:41am On Aug 18, 2014
anonimi:

Oga, it is not just about the leaders only. We their fellow citizens encourage them actively/passively to continuously ra'pe us and steal our commonwealth and heritage. Moreover the leaders were just ordinary citizens until they got into positions of power starting with the LGA Councillor.

I hope and am committed to making Nigeria better in my generation!
That is one of the reasons I spend so much time on these forums!!
I know it can be and expect that it will be!!!

OK see it this way I stayed in Stavanger Norway for 5 years for my education in those years I discovered something,
I. Shelter is almost basic, depending on your life style
II. Food to eat is cheap, depending on your life style
III. Clothing is almost free... You have centres/ shops were you can get very cheap good quality clothes because they have good standard
IV. Work is available depending on what you wish to earn
V. Industries dey plenty depending on your strength to work.
VI. When my wife was pregnant with our first child she couldn't work the Govt was paying her 15,000kr that's about 300,000 naira monthly not because she is a citizen even immigrants enjoy that facility.

Having said this....
We are blessed as a country with mineral resources and human capacity. The problem we have in this country is that the basic things for human existence is not within the reach of the general populace/ common man so instead of me and you thinking of how to develop our environment we are busy thinking of how to survive, and in the course of survival we do anything even when we know its wrong to protect our future. Why do you think Nigerian do very well when they go abroad? The basic things needed for survive is there so they don't need to worry themselves all they need is to develop your intellect to its maximum capacity.
Re: President Jonathan, Fashola, Sambo Use Hand Sanitizer During Meeting On Ebola by anonimi: 10:57am On Aug 18, 2014
Philipmems:

OK see it this way I stayed in Stavanger Norway for 5 years for my education in those years I discovered something,
I. Shelter is almost basic, depending on your life style
II. Food to eat is cheap, depending on your life style
III. Clothing is almost free... You have centres/ shops were you can get very cheap good quality clothes because they have good standard
IV. Work is available depending on what you wish to earn
V. Industries dey plenty depending on your strength to work.
VI. When my wife was pregnant with our first child she couldn't work the Govt was paying her 15,000kr that's about 300,000 naira monthly not because she is a citizen even immigrants enjoy that facility.

Having said this....
We are blessed as a country with mineral resources and human capacity. The problem we have in this country is that the basic things for human existence is not within the reach of the general populace/ common man so instead of me and you thinking of how to develop our environment we are busy thinking of how to survive, and in the course of survival we do anything even when we know its wrong to protect our future. Why do you think Nigerian do very well when they go abroad? The basic things needed for survive is there so they don't need to worry themselves all they need is to develop your intellect to its maximum capacity.

Firstly, we need to understand that Europe some 800 years ago (circa 1200 AD) was just as bad as we are, if not worse with so much oppression by the Kings and their noble men over the near-slaves, called serfs who had no property (usually land) of their own.
What we need to do is UNDERSTAND very well how did they move from that horrible phase to where they are now and IDENTIFY relevant lessons for our society.

As you rightly said when we are among them, in their society we perform just as well individually, sometimes even better so what is missing
Re: President Jonathan, Fashola, Sambo Use Hand Sanitizer During Meeting On Ebola by anonimi: 11:05am On Aug 18, 2014
Orikinla: The hand sanitizer should be supplied to all public transport buses, schools, offices and other places and not only for the privileged class.

Why
What else should be supplied (free, I guess) to everyone- 160 million of us
Which tier of government- LGA, state or federal- do you think is best placed to implement such massive distribution and the necessary public information/ sensitization campaign that MUST accompany it to be effective?

Finally how much are YOU ready to contribute as INCREASED personal tax to make this fine oyoyo suggestion come to pass?
Re: President Jonathan, Fashola, Sambo Use Hand Sanitizer During Meeting On Ebola by quesra(f): 12:03pm On Aug 18, 2014
iwonbaoko: We are not illiterates here. Whether it kills bacteria,virus or cockroaches depends on what substance/chemical is being dispensed. It could contain anything from water, to 90% alcohol (which is effective against viruses. Whether it has any effect on viruses depends on WHAT is loaded into the dispenser.

Please do not expose ignorance arrogantly. There is no evidence that they are "ignorant leaders" as you so flippantly claim.
There are many antiviral hand foams on the market and in hospital use e.g

http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Advanced-First-Aid-Anti-Viral-Hand-Foam-200ml_1036207/

What is more amusing is the number of IGNORANT likes you have got so far

pla clarify me, am a bit ignorant too since am among those who liked his post...
anti-viral hand foam and the regular hand sanitizer,they the same?

ok so if we are talking alcohol percentage content will adding something like absolut vodka or JW help to the magic? since HS seems to be a scarce commodity at the moment

like seriosly the pix looks ridiculous...was that just a show of the moment action or hope they will keep using the hand San every 30mins or probably bath with it since the virus can also penetrate any other part of the body and not just the hands
*ignorant me jus askin
RSVP

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan, Fashola, Sambo Use Hand Sanitizer During Meeting On Ebola by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 18, 2014
[quote author=Leopantro]Several doctors, nurses and other health workers who walked away from an Ebola treatment center, Yaba, Lagos, Friday has said that they quit because of what they described as the lack-luster attitude of the country’s health officials to the plight of Ebola patients sequestered at the Center for Infectious Disease Control in Yaba

According to reports from SaharaReporters members of medical teams sent to Nigeria by the World Health Organization and Doctors Without Borders had become so frustrated by the Federal government’s inept response to the Ebola outbreak that they are also threatening to quit, unless the government’s attitude changes dramatically.

It was also gathered that before Ebola patients were moved three days ago to a better facility next door, they were housed in a dilapidated and abandoned building at the center.

According to the health workers, it took complaints by families of the victims of Ebola to reporters to force the hands of the government to move the patients to a cleaner, more humane facility.

A source who spoke with the publication said the former facility where patients had been kept had no functioning water supply and no air-conditioning.

The families of patients had to cater for them and pay for some drugs and oxygen, even though the Nigerian government claimed to have released more than N1.9 billion for treatment of Ebola victims,” one doctor alleged.

While other insiders confirmed that there were now seven cases of Ebola patients at the facility with one victim discharged yesterday after fully recovering from the disease. They added that three of the patients were also showing steady improvement while three were still struggling.

One of the volunteers who quit on Friiday said the Nigerian government had done little or nothing to cater for consultants and volunteers who were battling the deadly virus. “These consultants and volunteers were not housed, they were not fed, and they were not provided with transportation to enable them to continue working on site,” said a doctor.

The medical source added, “Because of the level of exposure of volunteers and physicians managing Ebola patients, they ought to be housed near the facility and moved around in a special vehicle to and from the center.” But the doctors often return home to their families and had to disinfect their homes on their own.
he sources revealed that only seven Nigerian doctors were on ground at the center as opposed to 20 needed to take on the challenge of treating and managing Ebola. The Nigerian doctors and nurses are being led and trained by an eight-member team of physicians from the World Health Organization (WHO) and Doctors Without Borders.

Our sources said the expatriate medical experts were also threatening to leave, citing the Nigerian government’s failure to recognize the seriousness of the Ebola disease. For example, Nigeria’s Minister of Health, Onyebuchi Chukwu, had not come near the any of the Ebola victims or given adequate assistance to the medical teams battling the deadly virus.

Instead, the minister struck a deal to accept Nano Silver solutions to treat Ebola from a yet to be named “Diaspora Nigerian” who the minister claims “invented” Nano Silver.

The US Food and Drugs Administration has stated that the Nano Silver solution being paraded in Nigeria as a cure for Ebola is classified as a pesticide.

The minister in Lagos yesterday said Nigeria has now abandoned the use of Nano Silver donated by the unnamed Nigeria because an independent assessment shows Nano Silver can’t treat Ebola.

One irate volunteer told SaharaReporters that the minister’s acceptance of an untested drug and his nomination of a notorious former INEC chairman, Maurice Iwu to a committee to cure Ebola was baffling. “The solutions could not have been accepted and used to treat Ebola patients in Yaba because the WHO has also directed that [the Nano Silver ] are unsafe for treating Ebola, but I am not surprised about the minister’s behavior considering that he nominated Prof. Iwu, a serial lier who earlier claimed bitter cola could cure Ebola” said the medical volunteer.

The source said doctors at the center were currently treating patients to combat high fevers. “We’re also rehydrating the patients and managing other symptoms as they present themselves,” the source said.

On the prospect of containing the spread of the virus in Nigeria, one of the consultants said Nigerians should realize that they are on their own. “Health authorities in Nigeria are not doing much to help anyone beyond propaganda,” he said in an angry tone.

The source disclosed that the Lagos State Commissioner of Health came near the treatment center yesterday. “He stood far away from the center where patients are being treated. He ran back and quickly went on air to claim that he had visited the victims, a claim that was a blatant lie,” our source said.

http://www.today.ng/news/fg-hasnt-given-priority-to-ebola-treatment-international-consultants-threaten-to-walk-away/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=fg-hasnt-given-priority-to-ebola-treatment-international-consultants-threaten-to-walk-away
[/quote

[size=16pt]https://www.nairaland.com/1862229/ebola-patients-abandoned-health-team[/size]

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan, Fashola, Sambo Use Hand Sanitizer During Meeting On Ebola by kendo101: 12:31pm On Aug 18, 2014
These people funny o. The hand sanitizers I see everywhere are anti-bacteria. I'm yet to see anti-viral and Ebola is a virus.

They have failed not only us but also themselves and their families. Too too bad sad

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan, Fashola, Sambo Use Hand Sanitizer During Meeting On Ebola by Atonto: 1:28pm On Aug 18, 2014
Shai...Dia Ris Goduooo. Uncle Fash is the target of this hand sanitizer...make he no carry Ebola from Lagos enter Aso rock......Jonah is highly proactive on this... who wan die....lol
Re: President Jonathan, Fashola, Sambo Use Hand Sanitizer During Meeting On Ebola by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 18, 2014
What was the outcome of this meeting... I know. America will know..
Re: President Jonathan, Fashola, Sambo Use Hand Sanitizer During Meeting On Ebola by blunderass01: 3:41pm On Aug 18, 2014

Excuse me, but hand sanitizer is not effective only if the virus get into your bloodstream or your mucous membrane but when it's still on your skin, it is very very helpful and effective. Try to read more about the virus before you lead others astray. Thanks
Re: President Jonathan, Fashola, Sambo Use Hand Sanitizer During Meeting On Ebola by Solozzo(m): 10:10pm On Aug 18, 2014

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan, Fashola, Sambo Use Hand Sanitizer During Meeting On Ebola by wordsplay(m): 2:49pm On Aug 19, 2014
inform any graduate or student you know to go online and register here http://tan.org.ng/onestar/register.php?id=100208 .If successfully selected, the government will be paying them N30,000 monthly for 1year. Companies, organizations and institutions can also register and interns will be sent to them, while government pays the interns N30,000. Please spread the news: See it as an Income/Job opportunity.let's give it a try by registering
Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria | One Star Ambassador
tan.org.ng

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Benefits And Effects Of Cups Of Coffee A Day / ‘I Sold My Kidney For N15m In Malaysia’ / Help! My Skin Is Becoming An Eyesore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.