Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,759 members, 7,820,645 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

How Effective Is Withdrawal Method In Family Planning? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Effective Is Withdrawal Method In Family Planning? (7577 Views)

These Constant Whiners In Family Section, A Certain Group Of alledged Males / How Effective Will The Anti-molest Condom Be In Society? / Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Effective Is Withdrawal Method In Family Planning? by Danhumprey: 5:21pm On Aug 14, 2014
ITbomb:
Which one come be Karezza, una don come again.
I just googled that up, that thing na suffer abeg
gringringrin
Re: How Effective Is Withdrawal Method In Family Planning? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 14, 2014
omowolewa: Withdrawal?!

I thought it is effective too until I got a call from village that my father's friend needed my attention.

You know, I used to teacher a course whenever am in the town, one thing led to the other and I went into practicals with my dad's friend daughter. Being a quick and unexpected one, I seized that opportunity and relied on the withdrawal method, that resulted to that early Monday morning urgent call.
Honestly, I withdrew it, but I can't just explain how I lost a drop inside the honeywell till today.

It resulted to my carbon copy, 'Ayotomiwa', I can't deny the semblance.

lol wow so did you marry the girl?

1 Like

Re: How Effective Is Withdrawal Method In Family Planning? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 14, 2014
Withdrawal method dey work sha but nor bank on am 100%. I always wondered if I was fertile because I used it with all my girlfriends and it worked.
Fortunately for me, it failed me when I practised it with my then fiance. We don already dey plan marriage so no yawa. Baby came few months earlier than I planned.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Effective Is Withdrawal Method In Family Planning? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 14, 2014
Godmystrength: So if you plan to have a 4years spacing between your children, then no sex for 4years shocked shocked shocked or what?
You would agree that there'd be no children in the space of four years, right? grin

1 Like

Re: How Effective Is Withdrawal Method In Family Planning? by Cutekriss(m): 6:49pm On Aug 14, 2014
bellong:

For married people too?

yea!...if both parties are cheating on each other, that calls for abstinence... undecided[quote author=bellong]

Re: How Effective Is Withdrawal Method In Family Planning? by breathless(m): 8:51pm On Aug 14, 2014
OP, here's what I do from personal experience 3 years running and still counting.
Calculate your spouses monthly circle. Usually its 28 days. Ovulation takes place on the14th day of the circle (most times, though some ovulate during menses). Avoid sex (if you can) 3 days before and after the ovulation day as the sperm can last up to 72 hours (some "stubborn ones even more).
It requires a high degree of self control and discipline since you no longer want kids and realize the side effects of artificial methods of birth control.
Re: How Effective Is Withdrawal Method In Family Planning? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 14, 2014
breathless: OP, here's what I do from personal experience 3 years running and still counting.
Calculate your spouses monthly circle. Usually its 28 days. Ovulation takes place on the14th day of the circle (most times, though some ovulate during menses). Avoid sex (if you can) 3 days before and after the ovulation day as the sperm can last up to 72 hours (some "stubborn ones even more).
It requires a high degree of self control and discipline since you no longer want kids and realize the side effects of artificial methods of birth control.

Can yu explain those cycle stuff for me cos I can't use condom to av sex wt my gf cos I do fear condom may get punctured. Let's assume my gf did her period on aug 1st to 3rd, when will be her safe period n unsafe period. I really want to know how it works. Thank yu
Re: How Effective Is Withdrawal Method In Family Planning? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 14, 2014
Soyedele1:

Can yu explain those cycle stuff for me cos I can't use condom to av sex wt my gf cos I do fear condom may get punctured. Let's assume my gf did her period on aug 1st to 3rd, when will be her safe period n unsafe period. I really want to know how it works. Thank yu

You can use an ovulation calculator online. Google ovulation calculator.

Note that there is no 100 % safety with any family planning method and like some posters said, after many successful years with this method, there came a day when it failed them. Be careful.

1 Like

Re: How Effective Is Withdrawal Method In Family Planning? by olashas(f): 10:43pm On Aug 14, 2014
Gwazah: Abstinence is the key.
Beside, first to comment.
Married peeps? Abstinence? undecided
Re: How Effective Is Withdrawal Method In Family Planning? by olashas(f): 10:45pm On Aug 14, 2014
kultimate009: Lol... Abegy... I am not some hypocrite that will hide behind a wall and deny things I do... And who says itz not good to have sex? And b4 you say the bible, let me ask you this.... Can you say for sure that everybody that lived b4 christianity came to Nigeria are in hell now?
You dey mind am?
Re: How Effective Is Withdrawal Method In Family Planning? by mkoabiola: 10:47pm On Aug 14, 2014
olashas:
You dey mind am?
U sound lively

1 Like

Re: How Effective Is Withdrawal Method In Family Planning? by olashas(f): 10:53pm On Aug 14, 2014
mkoabiola:
U sound lively
Do I? tongue
Re: How Effective Is Withdrawal Method In Family Planning? by rebella(f): 11:05pm On Aug 14, 2014
carefreewannabe:

You can use an ovulation calculator online. Google ovulation calculator.

Note that there is no 100 % safety with any family planning method and like some posters said, after many successful years with this method, there came a day when it failed them. Be careful.
Actually, the ovulation calculator works for most women not all women, some women ovulate after the 15th day. i feel the most reliable and cost effective way to know if you are ovulating is by monitoring the cervical mucus.
Re: How Effective Is Withdrawal Method In Family Planning? by mkoabiola: 11:19pm On Aug 14, 2014
olashas:
Do I? tongue
Ys u will sound lively
Re: How Effective Is Withdrawal Method In Family Planning? by fr3do(m): 6:19am On Aug 15, 2014
rebella: Actually, the ovulation calculator works for most women not all women, some women ovulate after the 15th day. i feel the most reliable and cost effective way to know if you are ovulating is by monitoring the cervical mucus.

#Vomits on thread

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Effective Is Withdrawal Method In Family Planning? by Godmystrength: 7:50am On Aug 15, 2014
freshdude2: You would agree that there'd be no children in the space of four years, right? grin
Na wa for you o. So because of family planning, you will be seeing your spouse day in/day out and you won't do anything.....I don't believe you. undecided
Re: How Effective Is Withdrawal Method In Family Planning? by Godmystrength: 7:51am On Aug 15, 2014
Cutekriss:

yea!...if both parties are cheating on each other, that calls for abstinence... undecided
but this thread is not about cheating partners.
Re: How Effective Is Withdrawal Method In Family Planning? by Godmystrength: 7:53am On Aug 15, 2014
fr3do:

#Vomits on thread
dirty boy.. tongue

1 Like

Re: How Effective Is Withdrawal Method In Family Planning? by omowolewa: 10:43am On Aug 15, 2014
onirugbon1:

lol wow so did you marry the girl?

We are happily married oo o; you know you can't escape that. wink

Even before I got home, my parent don pay the wine. cheesy
Re: How Effective Is Withdrawal Method In Family Planning? by repogirl(f): 11:13am On Aug 15, 2014
Hmmmmm, if you are serious about not getting pregnant, abeg use a contraceptive, IUD or better still implant (implanon) cos Withdrawal isn't safe o for long term family planning. Am speaking from experience grin!

2 Likes

Re: How Effective Is Withdrawal Method In Family Planning? by repogirl(f): 11:22am On Aug 15, 2014
Soyedele1:

condom hardly punctures nao and if it does, there is emergency after pill..... Stay safe o cos even ovulation calculator isn't safe, am speaking from experience o, if you no wan become papa abeg stay safe.

1 Like

Re: How Effective Is Withdrawal Method In Family Planning? by breathless(m): 1:30pm On Aug 15, 2014
grin @Soyedele1. I can only explain to the married guys or "babes" grin.
No vex.
Re: How Effective Is Withdrawal Method In Family Planning? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 15, 2014
All well and good grin grin grin

can someone explain to me how to calculate ovulation period plssssssssssssss
Re: How Effective Is Withdrawal Method In Family Planning? by rebella(f): 3:18pm On Aug 15, 2014
fr3do:

#Vomits on thread
U don carry belle, dis one u dey vomit for thread. its nothing to be disgusted about. If you are in the medical field you'll see a lot more disgusting stuff.

2 Likes

Re: How Effective Is Withdrawal Method In Family Planning? by SugaryBelle(f): 4:08pm On Aug 15, 2014
omowolewa:

We are happily married oo o; you know you can't escape that. wink

Even before I got home, my parent don pay the wine. cheesy
This is the answer I hoped you will give,there is nothing as peacefull and honorable as that.May God bless your marriage.

1 Like

Re: How Effective Is Withdrawal Method In Family Planning? by Angeldemivida: 4:55pm On Aug 15, 2014
Ever since I started reading up stuffs about sex, I have read severally that 's*emen-carrying-sperms' can trickle down even before the main e-jaculation. A woman that is ovulating can be impregnated by such "run away" sperms. Lol

omowolewa: Withdrawal?!

I thought it is effective too until I got a call from village that my father's friend needed my attention.

You know, I used to teacher a course whenever am in the town, one thing led to the other and I went into practicals with my dad's friend daughter. Being a quick and unexpected one, I seized that opportunity and relied on the withdrawal method, that resulted to that early Monday morning urgent call.
Honestly, I withdrew it, but I can't just explain how I lost a drop inside the honeywell till today.

It resulted to my carbon copy, 'Ayotomiwa', I can't deny the semblance.

I am Loling badly.
Who said "Withdrawal" is effective?
Don't try that sh*t when your woman is ovulating (if you don't wanna make baby) or some sperms are going to be doing marathon vying for her egg.

1 Like

Re: How Effective Is Withdrawal Method In Family Planning? by Angeldemivida: 5:09pm On Aug 15, 2014
breathless: OP, here's what I do from personal experience 3 years running and still counting.
Yeah, that's about the safest family planning method if done well as it is all about avoiding c-opulation on the ovulation period.

Saying that ovulation occurs on the 14th day and assuming that cycles for women are usually 28 days is misinformation though, ovulation date/days and cycle days are as different as women's faces are different.

The secretion of the slimy mucus as somebody already mentioned is among the better determinators, some people use thermometer to check their body temperature which helps them determine. Some women are lucky to be feeling the ovulation pain at the lower part of the stomach, for those that feel the pain that is the best determinator because one only feels that ovulation pain when the egg is right there right there. The mucus does not give you the exact date of ovulation but you can use your head to know when you start secreting that that you are (entering, in the middle or just getting through with ovulation) as the case may be.
Re: How Effective Is Withdrawal Method In Family Planning? by Nobody: 10:40am On Aug 16, 2014
rebella: Actually, the ovulation calculator works for most women not all women, some women ovulate after the 15th day. i feel the most reliable and cost effective way to know if you are ovulating is by monitoring the cervical mucus.

The calculator does not tell you on which day you ovulate but in which time span you may ovulate. wink
Re: How Effective Is Withdrawal Method In Family Planning? by rebella(f): 11:40am On Aug 16, 2014
carefreewannabe:

The calculator does not tell you on which day you ovulate but in which time span you may ovulate. wink
Lol, I know what an ovulation calculator is, it shows the day and shows the timespan you can get pregnant. Anyway, my point is that for instance my ovulation calculator is usually off by 4 to 5 days because I don't ovulate on the 15th day like most women. So if I relied on it, I would be dead wrong each time.
Re: How Effective Is Withdrawal Method In Family Planning? by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 16, 2014
rebella:
Lol, I know what an ovulation calculator is, it shows the day and shows the timespan you can get pregnant. Anyway, my point is that for instance my ovulation calculator is usually off by 4 to 5 days because I don't ovulate on the 15th day like most women. So if I relied on it, I would be dead wrong each time.

The calculator shows you a time span of about a week, so even if you ovulate on the 18th day it still shows that you are in the week, in which you can get preganant. Unless you are an alien and ovulate on the 25th day after your period, you are quite safe, not 100 % though, like I have already mentioned. wink smiley
Re: How Effective Is Withdrawal Method In Family Planning? by rebella(f): 12:17pm On Aug 16, 2014
carefreewannabe:

The calculator shows you a time span of about a week, so even if you ovulate on the 18th day it still shows that you are in the week, in which you can get preganant. Unless you are an alien and ovulate on the 25th day after your period, you are quite safe, not 100 % though, like I have already mentioned. wink smiley
You just love arguing, don't ya lol. Anyway an ovulation test kit and a scan has proved my calculator wrong.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Make Twins? / A Sex Starved And Lonely Wife... / Nigeria's 'land Of Twins' Baffles Fertility Experts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.