Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,050 members, 7,821,615 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Relationship Talk: Ways Abusive Narcissists and Their Likes Get Inside Your Head - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Relationship Talk: Ways Abusive Narcissists and Their Likes Get Inside Your Head (2769 Views)

Relationship Talk[ladies Only] / Relationship Talk: I Am Sure This Has Happened To You / Why We Love Narcissists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relationship Talk: Ways Abusive Narcissists and Their Likes Get Inside Your Head by Oxone(m): 3:59pm On Aug 14, 2014
IfyAngela:
Exactly, and people like that are good at manipulating.

Not if you keep your eyes open and look beyond what you see.

There are always signs that most people tend to ignore

3 Likes

Re: Relationship Talk: Ways Abusive Narcissists and Their Likes Get Inside Your Head by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 14, 2014
Oxone:

Re: Relationship Talk: Ways Abusive Narcissists and Their Likes Get Inside Your Head by Oxone(m): 5:13pm On Aug 14, 2014
[quote author=IfyAngela][/quote]

Re: Relationship Talk: Ways Abusive Narcissists and Their Likes Get Inside Your Head by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 14, 2014
Oxone:

What?
Re: Relationship Talk: Ways Abusive Narcissists and Their Likes Get Inside Your Head by Oxone(m): 5:24pm On Aug 14, 2014
IfyAngela:
What?

U quoted me & said nothing so I'm wondering what's up
Re: Relationship Talk: Ways Abusive Narcissists and Their Likes Get Inside Your Head by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 14, 2014
Oxone:

When you are head over heels in love with someone, you could get blind to their faults and blind to the signs that should be obvious.
Re: Relationship Talk: Ways Abusive Narcissists and Their Likes Get Inside Your Head by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 14, 2014
pickabeau1: You are equating narcissism to emtional and physical abuse?
ma thoughts xactly.

1 Like

Re: Relationship Talk: Ways Abusive Narcissists and Their Likes Get Inside Your Head by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 14, 2014
pickabeau1:

A narcissist is obsessed with self cue the original Narcissus who fell in love with his reflection
He has little or no time to groom someone to love him, then spend hours emotionally torturing the person

As you rightly noted, an abuser may be a narcissist but all narcissists may not be abusers

What is written in your post is a quality of an abuser who may or may not be narcissistic

Just wanted to clear that as the whole theme of your post(referred..yes) is about abuse

now somes talking. you rily got da theme rit
Re: Relationship Talk: Ways Abusive Narcissists and Their Likes Get Inside Your Head by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 14, 2014
MizMyColi:

^^^ It's mentioned in the Original Post.
u miss placing tthe theme here. are you talking about narcissism in relationships ,where one partner focuses on him/herself entirely while ignoring the emotional n psychological needs of the other partner.

- your refering to narcissism as a personality disorder in relationships.

both themes are similar but mean different things
to me what youve clearly state a character traits of an abusivee relationship,with respect to the abuser operating under the term narcissist
Re: Relationship Talk: Ways Abusive Narcissists and Their Likes Get Inside Your Head by Oxone(m): 6:26pm On Aug 14, 2014
IfyAngela:

When you are head over heels in love with someone, you could get blind to their faults and blind to the signs that should be obvious.

Exactly my point!

Those indicators are always there but people are always blinded by emotions.

2 Likes

Re: Relationship Talk: Ways Abusive Narcissists and Their Likes Get Inside Your Head by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 14, 2014
IfyAngela: You just described my ex
MA DEAR SHE JUST DESCRIBED ALL ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIPS. THIS R ALL PATTERNS PRESENT N PROGRESSIVE IN ANY ABUSIVE RELATION, THE HALLMARK OF SUCH RELATIONSHIPS IS THE PHYSICAL ABUSE.
Re: Relationship Talk: Ways Abusive Narcissists and Their Likes Get Inside Your Head by MizMyColi(f): 6:30pm On Aug 14, 2014
goshap: u miss placing tthe theme here. are you talking about narcissism in relationships ,where one partner focuses on him/herself entirely while ignoring the emotional n psychological needs of the other partner.

- your refering to narcissism as a personality disorder in relationships.

both themes are similar but mean different things
to me what youve clearly state a character traits of an abusivee relationship,with respect to the abuser operating under the term narcissist
@TheEmboldened just about cuts it smiley for this context
Re: Relationship Talk: Ways Abusive Narcissists and Their Likes Get Inside Your Head by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 14, 2014
IfyAngela: You just described my ex
MA DEAR SHE JUST DESCRIBED ALL ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIPS. THIS R ALL PATTERNS PRESENT N PROGRESSIVE IN ANY ABUSIVE RELATION, THE HALLMARK OF SUCH RELATIONSHIPS IS THE PHYSICAL ABUSE.

-hardly does any abusive r/ship skip one of those pattern bt it happens.

1 Like

Re: Relationship Talk: Ways Abusive Narcissists and Their Likes Get Inside Your Head by pickabeau1: 6:34pm On Aug 14, 2014
goshap: MA DEAR SHE JUST DESCRIBED ALL ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIPS. THIS R ALL PATTERNS PRESENT N PROGRESSIVE IN ANY ABUSIVE RELATION, THE HALLMARK OF SUCH RELATIONSHIPS IS THE PHYSICAL ABUSE.

-hardly does any abusive r/ship skip one of those pattern bt it happens.

I think so too..

A true narcissist will not even bother himself with a dedicated relationship

3 Likes

Re: Relationship Talk: Ways Abusive Narcissists and Their Likes Get Inside Your Head by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 14, 2014
u did a good job @ op. love the article

1 Like

Re: Relationship Talk: Ways Abusive Narcissists and Their Likes Get Inside Your Head by Nobody: 6:52pm On Aug 14, 2014
pickabeau1:

I think so too..

A true narcissist will not even bother himself with a dedicated relationship

true n not true ,it literally depends on the degree and spectrum of the narcissist in question.
lets face we r all abit narcissist but it doesn't stop us from going n commitn fully in a r/ship.

n yes a chronic narcissist has no accommodation or attention for someone else in his life.if they do happen to find the need to accomodate some its more under the need for self evaluation n reflected self appraisal. here the other partner functions as a mirror self to prove or compare how awesome,merciful or perfect they are . but this cause does not necessarily lead to an abusive relationship.
duo one partner tends to put pressure on the other,in this case the narcissist is guilty.

1 Like

Re: Relationship Talk: Ways Abusive Narcissists and Their Likes Get Inside Your Head by pickabeau1: 6:54pm On Aug 14, 2014
goshap: true n not true ,it literally depends on the degree and spectrum of the narcissist in question.
lets face we r all abit narcissist but it doesn't stop us from going n commitn fully in a r/ship.

n yes a chronic narcissist has no accommodation or attention for someone else in his life.if they do happen to find the need to accomodate some its more under the need for self evaluation n reflected self appraisal. here the other partner functions as a mirror self to prove or compare how awesome,merciful or perfect they are . but this cause does not necessarily lead to an abusive relationship.
duo one partner tends to put pressure on the other,in this case the narcissist is guilty.

true...cool points...
Re: Relationship Talk: Ways Abusive Narcissists and Their Likes Get Inside Your Head by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 14, 2014
pickabeau1:

true...cool points...
yea,i for one cannot date someone as perfect as i am.
Re: Relationship Talk: Ways Abusive Narcissists and Their Likes Get Inside Your Head by pickabeau1: 7:01pm On Aug 14, 2014
goshap: yea,i for one cannot date someone as perfect as i am.

Lol..
I also agree that narcissism to an extent is inherent in every human..basic survival
Re: Relationship Talk: Ways Abusive Narcissists and Their Likes Get Inside Your Head by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 14, 2014
pickabeau1:

Lol..
I also agree that narcissism to an extent is inherent in every human..basic survival

yea like everything you need it to an extent, a total lack of it might lead to poor self image n feeling of self worth.

1 Like

Re: Relationship Talk: Ways Abusive Narcissists and Their Likes Get Inside Your Head by Dehnver(f): 5:10pm On Sep 28, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: Relationship Talk: Ways Abusive Narcissists and Their Likes Get Inside Your Head by Michaelnsd: 5:24pm On Apr 29, 2022
Hi Guys
I'm Michael...
I created a WhatsApp page for individuals who had at one time was in a Relationship with a Narcissist Individual, and who is seeking healing... I know it really hurt concerning the things a victims goes through in the hands of Narcissistic individual. Please, feel free to contact me on WhatsApp 08167114856. Let's grow a communities to share ideas on this prevalent issues.

Persons with Narcissistic Personality disorder

- Idealization
- Devaluation
- Discard

And the cycles repeat itself.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies Is This True? (picture) / 5 Things That Happen When You Stop Having Regular S*x / Must Read: Fingering My Bestie {$uper Er0tica}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.