Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,771 members, 7,827,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

High Level Description Of Your Personality Type - Thank Me Later. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / High Level Description Of Your Personality Type - Thank Me Later. (17982 Views)

How You Put On Your Bra In The Morning Reveals A Ton About Your Personality / Ladies, What Is Your Description Of A Gentleman / What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

High Level Description Of Your Personality Type - Thank Me Later. by MizMyColi(f): 2:11pm On Aug 14, 2014
Okay, I've been meaning to post on this topic for a long while, but I've always been discouraged by its bulkiness.

Some of us have probably heard of the four and/or five temperament types viz: Choleric, Sanguine, Melancholic, Phlegmatic and Supine.

We may also know by now that, we are usually two mixes of either of this four/five smiley

Today, We'll look at the Meyer Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Personality Types. There are 16 Personalities.

So! Brace yourself because you'll definitely see a whole new perspective as to why you're the way you are.

For those who are used to the Tim LaHaye temperament types, the list below will help you know where you belong under MBTI.

ISTJ: pure Melancholy
ISTP: MelSan
ISFP: PhlegSan (or SupSan)
ISFJ: PhlegMel (or SupMel)
ESTP: ChlorSan
ESTJ: ChlorMel
ESFP: pure Sanguine
ESFJ: SanMel
INFJ: MelPhleg (or MelSup)
INTJ: MelChlor
INFP: Supine & Phlegmatic; pure or blended together
INTP: PhlegChlor (or SupChlor)
ENFP: SanPhleg (or SanSup)
ENFJ: ChlorPhleg (or ChlorSup)
ENTP: SanChlor
ENTJ: pure Choleric

{just on the sidelines though, this post isn't meant to spoon-feed you, I'll drop some hints and if you feel like a particular type describes you, you could click on the link for an in-depth reading}

If after going through the whole post, and you don't seem to fit in anywhere or you kinda fit in loosely, you might wanna take this test grin Just Click Here

Remember:The goal of knowing about personality types is to understand and appreciate differences between people. As all types are equal, there is no best type.

[size=14pt]So! Here Goes:[/size]

ISTJ - The Duty Fulfiller

Serious and quiet, interested in security and peaceful living. Extremely thorough, responsible, and dependable. Well-developed powers of concentration. Usually interested in supporting and promoting traditions and establishments. Well-organized and hard working, they work steadily towards identified goals. They can usually accomplish any task once they have set their mind to it. Natural Partner - ESFP or ESTP

Click Here for a detailed description of ISTJ.

ISTP - The Mechanic

Quiet and reserved, interested in how and why things work. Excellent skills with mechanical things. Risk-takers who they live for the moment. Usually interested in and talented at extreme sports. Uncomplicated in their desires. Loyal to their peers and to their internal value systems, but not overly concerned with respecting laws and rules if they get in the way of getting something done. Detached and analytical, they excel at finding solutions to practical problems. Natural Partner - ESTJ or ENTJ

Click Here for a detailed description of ISTP.

ISFJ - The Nurturer

Quiet, kind, and conscientious. Can be depended on to follow through. Usually puts the needs of others above their own needs. Stable and practical, they value security and traditions. Well-developed sense of space and function. Rich inner world of observations about people. Extremely perceptive of others' feelings. Interested in serving others. Natural Partner - ESTP or ESFP

Click Here for a detailed description of ISFJ.

ISFP - The Artist

Quiet, serious, sensitive and kind. Do not like conflict, and not likely to do things which may generate conflict. Loyal and faithful. Extremely well-developed senses, and aesthetic appreciation for beauty. Not interested in leading or controlling others. Flexible and open-minded. Likely to be original and creative. Enjoy the present moment. Natural Partner - ESFJ or ENFJ

Click Here for a detailed description of ISFP.

INFJ - The Protector

Quietly forceful, original, and sensitive. Tend to stick to things until they are done. Extremely intuitive about people, and concerned for their feelings. Well-developed value systems which they strictly adhere to. Well-respected for their perserverence in doing the right thing. Likely to be individualistic, rather than leading or following. Natural Partner - ENTP or ENFP

Click Here for a detailed description of INFJ.

INFP - The Idealist

Quiet, reflective, and idealistic. Interested in serving humanity. Well-developed value system, which they strive to live in accordance with. Extremely loyal. Adaptable and laid-back unless a strongly-held value is threatened. Usually talented writers. Mentally quick, and able to see possibilities. Interested in understanding and helping people. Natural Partner - ENFJ or ESFJ

Click Here for a detailed description of INFP.

INTJ - The Scientist

Independent, original, analytical, and determined. Have an exceptional ability to turn theories into solid plans of action. Highly value knowledge, competence, and structure. Driven to derive meaning from their visions. Long-range thinkers. Have very high standards for their performance, and the performance of others. Natural leaders, but will follow if they trust existing leaders. Natural Partner - ENFP or ENTP

Click Here for a detailed description of INTJ.

INTP - The Thinker

Logical, original, creative thinkers. Can become very excited about theories and ideas. Exceptionally capable and driven to turn theories into clear understandings. Highly value knowledge, competence and logic. Quiet and reserved, hard to get to know well. Individualistic, having no interest in leading or following others. Natural Partner - ENTJ or ESTJ

Click Here for a detailed description of INTP.

3 Likes

Re: High Level Description Of Your Personality Type - Thank Me Later. by MizMyColi(f): 2:12pm On Aug 14, 2014
ESTP - The Doer

Friendly, adaptable, action-oriented. "Doers" who are focused on immediate results. Living in the here-and-now, they're risk-takers who live fast-paced lifestyles. Impatient with long explanations. Extremely loyal to their peers, but not usually respectful of laws and rules if they get in the way of getting things done. Great people skills. Natural Partner - ISFJ or ISTJ

Click Here for a detailed description of ESTP.

ESTJ - The Guardian

Practical, traditional, and organized. Likely to be athletic. Not interested in theory or abstraction unless they see the practical application. Have clear visions of the way things should be. Loyal and hard-working. Like to be in charge. Exceptionally capable in organizing and running activities. "Good citizens" who value security and peaceful living. Natural Partner - ISTP or INTP

Click Here for a detailed description of ESTJ.

ESFP - The Performer

People-oriented and fun-loving, they make things more fun for others by their enjoyment. Living for the moment, they love new experiences. They dislike theory and impersonal analysis. Interested in serving others. Likely to be the center of attention in social situations. Well-developed common sense and practical ability. Natural Partner - ISTJ or ISFJ

Click Here for a detailed description of ESFP.

ESFJ - The Caregiver

Warm-hearted, popular, and conscientious. Tend to put the needs of others over their own needs. Feel strong sense of responsibility and duty. Value traditions and security. Interested in serving others. Need positive reinforcement to feel good about themselves. Well-developed sense of space and function. Natural Partner - ISFP or INFP

Click Here for a detailed description of ESFJ.

ENFP - The Inspirer

Enthusiastic, idealistic, and creative. Able to do almost anything that interests them. Great people skills. Need to live life in accordance with their inner values. Excited by new ideas, but bored with details. Open-minded and flexible, with a broad range of interests and abilities. Natural Partner - INTJ or INFJ

Click Here for a detailed description of ENFP.

ENFJ - The Giver

Popular and sensitive, with outstanding people skills. Externally focused, with real concern for how others think and feel. Usually dislike being alone. They see everything from the human angle, and dislike impersonal analysis. Very effective at managing people issues, and leading group discussions. Interested in serving others, and probably place the needs of others over their own needs. Natural Partner - INFP or ISFP

Click Here for a detailed description of ENFJ.

ENTP - The Visionary

Creative, resourceful, and intellectually quick. Good at a broad range of things. Enjoy debating issues, and may be into "one-up-manship". They get very excited about new ideas and projects, but may neglect the more routine aspects of life. Generally outspoken and assertive. They enjoy people and are stimulating company. Excellent ability to understand concepts and apply logic to find solutions.Natural Partner - INFJ or INTJ

Click Here for a detailed description of ENTP.

ENTJ - The Executive

Assertive and outspoken - they are driven to lead. Excellent ability to understand difficult organizational problems and create solid solutions. Intelligent and well-informed, they usually excel at public speaking. They value knowledge and competence, and usually have little patience with inefficiency or disorganization. Natural Partner - INTP or ISTP

Click Here for a detailed description of ENTJ.

That'd be all for now. Thanks, for stopping by.
wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: High Level Description Of Your Personality Type - Thank Me Later. by Tallesty1(m): 2:20pm On Aug 14, 2014
The list is not complete jaree, I can't find the one that best describes my Y-girlfriend.

MizMyColi, do you think she is an alien?

1 Like

Re: High Level Description Of Your Personality Type - Thank Me Later. by defendedvictim(m): 2:25pm On Aug 14, 2014
Very long..wil read it lera. I've always tot I'm phlegmel tho
Re: High Level Description Of Your Personality Type - Thank Me Later. by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 14, 2014
i seem to fit everywhere, how come?
only thing i hate is pick d mic and talk, naa count me out

1 Like

Re: High Level Description Of Your Personality Type - Thank Me Later. by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 14, 2014
I guess I should be INTP-- the Thinker. cool

1 Like

Re: High Level Description Of Your Personality Type - Thank Me Later. by MizMyColi(f): 6:01pm On Aug 14, 2014
^^^ errmm.....our marriage should be placed on hold. Why? I=Good N=Good T=Baaaadddd P=Good cool

*Edited*

I hope you know, I just gave you an expo.....Okay, Thinker, #GoFigure

cheesy
cheesy
Re: High Level Description Of Your Personality Type - Thank Me Later. by MizMyColi(f): 6:02pm On Aug 14, 2014
webdezzi: i seem to fit everywhere, how come?
only thing i hate is pick d mic and talk, naa count me out
well, first off, you're an introvert, I think? Take the test already joor! cheesy cheesy the link's there
Re: High Level Description Of Your Personality Type - Thank Me Later. by xynerise: 6:05pm On Aug 14, 2014
Which one be Supine again? undecided
Re: High Level Description Of Your Personality Type - Thank Me Later. by MizMyColi(f): 6:12pm On Aug 14, 2014
xynerise: Which one be Supine again? undecided

If you are Supine you probably have many interests and cares, but little ability or need to express your needs. One Supine remarked that to be a Supine "felt like having tape over his mouth." They often have a wish or desire, but are unable or unwilling to express it. The Supine often wish that others could "read their minds." If others have ever observed that you are too sensitive or easily offended, you may very well have a Supine temperament. Slow-paced and diligent, Supines are not indifferent or uncaring about life. Quite the opposite, they may have the strong feeling of the Sanguine but simply be unwilling to express themselves.

Perhaps the best way to describe the Supine is that it seems to be a combination of the Sanguine and the Melancholy. The Melancholy expresses little need for and, as a true introvert; they tend to shy away from social contact. A Supine does not express much need for much social contact either; however their need is VERY great! Like the Sanguine, they have a great need for social relationships. They look like they don’t want it but effectively hide their needs and expect you to read their mind. And if you fail to correctly read their mind, they will be “hurt.”

[url=fivetemperaments.weebly.com/supine.html]Source[/url]

Re: High Level Description Of Your Personality Type - Thank Me Later. by xynerise: 6:17pm On Aug 14, 2014
MizMyColi:

If you are Supine you probably have many interests and cares, but little ability or need to express your needs. One Supine remarked that to be a Supine "felt like having tape over his mouth." They often have a wish or desire, but are unable or unwilling to express it. The Supine often wish that others could "read their minds." If others have ever observed that you are too sensitive or easily offended, you may very well have a Supine temperament. Slow-paced and diligent, Supines are not indifferent or uncaring about life. Quite the opposite, they may have the strong feeling of the Sanguine but simply be unwilling to express themselves.

Perhaps the best way to describe the Supine is that it seems to be a combination of the Sanguine and the Melancholy. The Melancholy expresses little need for and, as a true introvert; they tend to shy away from social contact. A Supine does not express much need for much social contact either; however their need is VERY great! Like the Sanguine, they have a great need for social relationships. They look like they don’t want it but effectively hide their needs and expect you to read their mind. And if you fail to correctly read their mind, they will be “hurt.”

[url=fivetemperaments.weebly.com/supine.html]Source[/url]

Cmon! I was expecting an explanation of not less than 2 sentences. undecided

1 Like

Re: High Level Description Of Your Personality Type - Thank Me Later. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 14, 2014
xynerise:
awwww ur tired old eyes right? Pele... tongue grin

Mizmycoli::: ISFP nko?... chai... that thing is me oo. I swear? The day I came across this thing. All my weirdness became clearer to me. I ain't abnormal after all. grin
Re: High Level Description Of Your Personality Type - Thank Me Later. by MizMyColi(f): 6:31pm On Aug 14, 2014
xynerise:
cool *pokes him* Read Joor! cheesy cheesy
Re: High Level Description Of Your Personality Type - Thank Me Later. by LogoDWhiz(m): 6:32pm On Aug 14, 2014
I think mine is ESFJ.

Did d test. And that's what I got
Re: High Level Description Of Your Personality Type - Thank Me Later. by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 14, 2014
ISFP.. The artist

2 Likes

Re: High Level Description Of Your Personality Type - Thank Me Later. by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 14, 2014
MizMyColi: ISFP - The Artist

Quiet, serious, sensitive and kind. Do not like conflict, and not likely to do things which may generate conflict. Loyal and faithful. Extremely well-developed senses, and aesthetic appreciation for beauty. Not interested in leading or controlling others. Flexible and open-minded. Likely to be original and creative. Enjoy the present moment. Natural Partner - ESFJ or ENFJ

This defines me more but hell I can't have a calm and irascible ChlorPhleg as my partner - such ladies dont just appeal to me.

Nice list you've got here. Nothing different from LaHaye's work.
Re: High Level Description Of Your Personality Type - Thank Me Later. by LogoDWhiz(m): 6:39pm On Aug 14, 2014
Xtarxhyne: ISFP.. The artist

We fit.
Re: High Level Description Of Your Personality Type - Thank Me Later. by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 14, 2014
LogoDWhiz:

We fit.
no
Re: High Level Description Of Your Personality Type - Thank Me Later. by Dreyl(m): 6:51pm On Aug 14, 2014
The great thinker
Re: High Level Description Of Your Personality Type - Thank Me Later. by MizMyColi(f): 6:53pm On Aug 14, 2014
AirborneLacer: [/font]

This defines me more but hell I can't have a calm and irascible ChlorPhleg as my partner - such ladies dont just appeal to me.

Nice list you've got here. Nothing different from LaHaye's work.

cheesy
cheesy
cheesy

Its Official El......
angry

We're No Longer (e)Married.

[Concerned individuals should please take note]

cry

.... And Yes, I am that Irascible Chlorphleg/ENFJ tongue

Re: High Level Description Of Your Personality Type - Thank Me Later. by MizMyColi(f): 6:56pm On Aug 14, 2014
shoefreak: awwww ur tired old eyes right? Pele... tongue grin

Mizmycoli::: ISFP nko?... chai... that thing is me oo. I swear? The day I came across this thing. All my weirdness became clearer to me. I ain't abnormal after all. grin
Hallos Shoefreak grin I explained ISFP and ISFJ above, just click on the link below to learn more about them or......D'ya want to do a detailed summary? grin
Re: High Level Description Of Your Personality Type - Thank Me Later. by dytbabe: 7:01pm On Aug 14, 2014
Scratches head
How come I am seeing myself in every of it
Na wa oo

Shey I no go explode like this having all these personalities?
Emi nikan tan

*singing in Dbanjs voice mowa gifted*
Re: High Level Description Of Your Personality Type - Thank Me Later. by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 14, 2014
Hi hunny. Oya, detailed summary is good. Sum me up... grin
MizMyColi: Hallos Shoefreak grin I explained ISFP and ISFJ above, just click on the link below to learn more about them or......D'ya want to do a detailed summary? grin
Re: High Level Description Of Your Personality Type - Thank Me Later. by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 14, 2014
*tickles her** ESFJ dey talk... tongue dey are bullies jor! tongue grin
dytbabe: Scratches head
How come I am seeing myself in every of it
Na wa oo

Shey I no go explode like this having all these personalities?
Emi nikan tan

*singing in Dbanjs voice mowa gifted*
Re: High Level Description Of Your Personality Type - Thank Me Later. by dytbabe: 7:18pm On Aug 14, 2014
shoefreak: *tickles her** ESFJ dey talk... tongue dey are bullies jor! tongue grin

Ehn
U say?

*up nepa*
Re: High Level Description Of Your Personality Type - Thank Me Later. by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 14, 2014
MizMyColi:

cheesy
cheesy
cheesy

Its Official El......
angry

We're No Longer (e)Married.

[Concerned individuals should please take note]

cry

.... And Yes, I am that Irascible Chlorphleg/ENFJ tongue

One cant unequivocally say this is how this work or this is how that work.

I take risks, I crack jokes, I get annoyed at times, I'm full of life and can be boring too et al yet I'm a phleg!

So it's not a coincidence, these stuffs are just shots at the dark, pay them no mind.

You're a ChlorPhleg yet I'm madly in love with you, what does that say?

The list is lying!
Re: High Level Description Of Your Personality Type - Thank Me Later. by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 14, 2014
i did the test, and i am ISFP
Re: High Level Description Of Your Personality Type - Thank Me Later. by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 14, 2014
i don't think i'm flexible
Re: High Level Description Of Your Personality Type - Thank Me Later. by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 14, 2014
hmmm, following the 4 temprament, i'm a mel/san.
Re: High Level Description Of Your Personality Type - Thank Me Later. by dre11(m): 7:39pm On Aug 14, 2014
OP
just asking

is it possible to combine two of those mention personality u just describe up there
or one just have to possess one
Re: High Level Description Of Your Personality Type - Thank Me Later. by MizMyColi(f): 7:49pm On Aug 14, 2014
AirborneLacer:

One cant unequivocally say this is how this work or this is how that work.

I take risks, I crack jokes, I get annoyed at times, I'm full of life and can be boring too et al yet I'm a phleg!

So it's not a coincidence, these stuffs are just shots at the dark, pay them no mind.

You're a ChlorPhleg yet I'm madly in love with you, what does that say?

The list is lying!
angry x 7 I'm a phleg too! (Secondary though) What matters more is personal growth and development, methinks
Re: High Level Description Of Your Personality Type - Thank Me Later. by MizMyColi(f): 7:54pm On Aug 14, 2014
dre11: OP
just asking

is it possible to combine two of those mention personality u just describe up there
or one just have to possess one
One is rarely, if ever, a combo of two in the 16 personalities. Its even possible to mistake your type for another. I used to be soo convinced I'm ISFJ cos we share similar traits, until the hard truth Hit me...... I was never an Introvert to begin with grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See How This Maid Watches TV Only When Oga Is At Home Alone / SAD; Man Spotted Kissing A Little Girl So Passionately / World richest Kingtblakhoc Poses With His Sex Object

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.