Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,812 members, 7,837,924 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

If This Couple Succeeded, CAN YOU WAIT TILL ONLY YOUR WEDDING DAY TO KISS? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If This Couple Succeeded, CAN YOU WAIT TILL ONLY YOUR WEDDING DAY TO KISS? (1747 Views)

Checkout This Couple With Huge Height Difference / How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? / How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If This Couple Succeeded, CAN YOU WAIT TILL ONLY YOUR WEDDING DAY TO KISS? by Nobody: 12:20am On Aug 15, 2014
Ever heard about Heather Lindsey? She's an American Christian Speaker and the Founder of The Pinky Promise, an organization that promotes honoring God with your life & body whether single or married. I encountered her today for the first-time and I have to say I was inspired - not to follow what she did, but to give it a serious thought if I can do it too, and if I should. She and her current husband not only didn't have sex before marriage, BUT ALSO DIDN'T KISS before marriage. Here are some of her own words from her website:

"So, you may have heard our story through our books, YouTube videos & blogs that we waited 1 year and 8 months to kiss until our wedding day. I'm not wearing it as a badge of honor to pat myself on the back, but moreso to remind this generation that there's people willing to honor God regardless of what this silly society pressures them to do. We decided to honor God NOT to bring glory to ourselves but to bring glory to HIM. He graced us during that season.

I felt led to write this blog because I'm seeing worldly blogs out there encouraging people NOT to wait to have sex until they get married. And these people claim to be Christians. I'm sorry, if you are pursuing sin and encouraging people to sin prior to marriage then you aren't a Christian. You're a liar and the truth is not in you."

To be honest, I'm inspired to want to do this, but I'm not sure if I really really REALLY can. I throw it to you all out there. CAN YOU? smiley

1 Like

Re: If This Couple Succeeded, CAN YOU WAIT TILL ONLY YOUR WEDDING DAY TO KISS? by Nobody: 12:44am On Aug 15, 2014
Just found an added mentor cheesy

1 Like

Re: If This Couple Succeeded, CAN YOU WAIT TILL ONLY YOUR WEDDING DAY TO KISS? by Nobody: 1:01am On Aug 15, 2014
Elantracey: Just found an added mentor cheesy

Honestly Tracy... she's amazing
Re: If This Couple Succeeded, CAN YOU WAIT TILL ONLY YOUR WEDDING DAY TO KISS? by joywendy(f): 1:16am On Aug 15, 2014
mmm..i laugh in swahili!

nice story,

i' m not against her oh i just have questions to be sure this is true. cause it sounds unreal to me esp. the kiss part. Though they say anything is possible, sometimes we just have to be very sure. grin

how true is this?

even a peck?? cause its a form of kissing.

1 year and 8 months in this present generation?

how sure are we that they didn't do it secret?

please when year did they get married, lets know
Re: If This Couple Succeeded, CAN YOU WAIT TILL ONLY YOUR WEDDING DAY TO KISS? by Nobody: 1:23am On Aug 15, 2014
joywendy: mmm..i laugh in swahili!

nice story,

i' m not against her oh i just have questions to be sure this is true. cause it sounds unreal to me esp. the kiss part. Though they say anything is possible, sometimes we just have to be very sure. grin

how true is this?

even a peck?? cause its a form of kissing.

1 year and 8 months in this present generation?

how sure are we that they didn't do it secret?

please when year did they get married, lets know

My dear, sometimes all you have about people are their words and their integrity in the public eye. She's a respectable woman who confesses on her website that she wasn't a virgin when she met her current husband. Why would a non-virgin who decided to get it right sometime in her life want to lie about such a minor detail? That deduces some truth from what she's saying... Google her up or just have the site and read her full words on the homepage... www.heatherllindsey.com
Re: If This Couple Succeeded, CAN YOU WAIT TILL ONLY YOUR WEDDING DAY TO KISS? by Nobody: 1:24am On Aug 15, 2014
TheWisest:

Honestly Tracy... she's amazing

I just love people who behave outside this world , just went through her blog and she's really amazing.

2 Likes

Re: If This Couple Succeeded, CAN YOU WAIT TILL ONLY YOUR WEDDING DAY TO KISS? by Nobody: 1:24am On Aug 15, 2014
Plus I believe her... my gut feeling doesn't lie about people smiley
Re: If This Couple Succeeded, CAN YOU WAIT TILL ONLY YOUR WEDDING DAY TO KISS? by SpaceGoat: 1:29am On Aug 15, 2014
undecided angry

2 Likes

Re: If This Couple Succeeded, CAN YOU WAIT TILL ONLY YOUR WEDDING DAY TO KISS? by Nobody: 1:30am On Aug 15, 2014
SpaceGoat: undecided angry

Someone's about to protest, "IT'S A LIE! IT'S A LIE!!" grin

3 Likes

Re: If This Couple Succeeded, CAN YOU WAIT TILL ONLY YOUR WEDDING DAY TO KISS? by joywendy(f): 1:41am On Aug 15, 2014
TheWisest:

My dear, sometimes all you have about people are their words and their integrity in the public eye. She's a respectable woman who confesses on her website that she wasn't a virgin when she met her current husband. Why would a non-virgin who decided to get it right sometime in her life want to lie about such a minor detail? That deduces some truth from what she's saying... Google her up or just have the site and read her full words on the homepage... www.heatherllindsey.com
mmmm...@bolded anything is possible wink would read her up later. thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: If This Couple Succeeded, CAN YOU WAIT TILL ONLY YOUR WEDDING DAY TO KISS? by jmoore(m): 1:51am On Aug 15, 2014
My original plan is no sex until marriage which I'm still sticking to.

I'm in my late twenties and I have never kissed before. I think I will add the "no kissing part" to it.

1 Like

Re: If This Couple Succeeded, CAN YOU WAIT TILL ONLY YOUR WEDDING DAY TO KISS? by norguy: 2:33am On Aug 15, 2014
Of a truth I love dis post I just had to comment.. I blv ha on dis we till hv virgins as male and female in dre 30s in total service to God and still in a relationship with pure and opened Christian virtues...

2 Likes

Re: If This Couple Succeeded, CAN YOU WAIT TILL ONLY YOUR WEDDING DAY TO KISS? by TheYield: 2:44am On Aug 15, 2014
Awesome.

1 Like

Re: If This Couple Succeeded, CAN YOU WAIT TILL ONLY YOUR WEDDING DAY TO KISS? by dexpotter(m): 5:34am On Aug 15, 2014
Wow amazing. Dnt fink am capable of doing that

1 Like

Re: If This Couple Succeeded, CAN YOU WAIT TILL ONLY YOUR WEDDING DAY TO KISS? by tpia1: 5:53am On Aug 15, 2014
why not wait until at least you know whats going on with this ebola epidemic?

since when do nigerians emphasize kissing anyway?

something our forefathers did not do.
Re: If This Couple Succeeded, CAN YOU WAIT TILL ONLY YOUR WEDDING DAY TO KISS? by ekina(f): 10:07am On Aug 15, 2014
All I can say is that I thank God for my life and His indescribable grace, though am not there yet; am a work in progress.
When you walk in the spirit, avoiding all these sinful acts will be easy because there is a standard form the scripture that you abide by and must not be compromise but when one walk in the flesh, doing the acts will be seen as normal and part of life but of course, the "life" leads to destruction and doom.
My prayer is that the Holyspirit help us to live in the truth and not the lies seen around us.

3 Likes

Re: If This Couple Succeeded, CAN YOU WAIT TILL ONLY YOUR WEDDING DAY TO KISS? by defendedvictim(m): 10:31am On Aug 15, 2014
with d emergence of Ebola, y Nt? even after marriage sef.
on a serious note tho, dis z a high level of morality. I hope I can grow to dat level
Re: If This Couple Succeeded, CAN YOU WAIT TILL ONLY YOUR WEDDING DAY TO KISS? by defendedvictim(m): 10:35am On Aug 15, 2014
ekina: All I can say is that I thank God for my life and His indescribable grace, though am not there yet; am a work in progress.
When you walk in the spirit, avoiding all these sinful acts will be easy because there is a standard form the scripture that you abide by and must not be compromise but when one walk in the flesh, doing the acts will be seen as normal and part of life but of course, the "life" leads to destruction and doom.
My prayer is that the Holyspirit help us to live in the truth and not the lies seen around us.
most certainly. dis makes sense
Re: If This Couple Succeeded, CAN YOU WAIT TILL ONLY YOUR WEDDING DAY TO KISS? by HFOG(f): 2:32pm On Aug 15, 2014
ekina: All I can say is that I thank God for my life and His indescribable grace, though am not there yet; am a work in progress.
Amen and amen
Re: If This Couple Succeeded, CAN YOU WAIT TILL ONLY YOUR WEDDING DAY TO KISS? by chymystique(f): 4:42pm On Aug 15, 2014
This her story is really Inspiring.. BUT To be sincere its not like I can't do it but I wouldn't Try it.. How can I be courting someone and we won't kiss till our wedding day. That's harder than waiting out sex till wedding day. The kissing is very necessary even if its twice.. May God forgive me cool

1 Like

Re: If This Couple Succeeded, CAN YOU WAIT TILL ONLY YOUR WEDDING DAY TO KISS? by Hollyb(f): 11:32pm On Nov 10, 2014
chymystique:
This her story is really Inspiring.. BUT To be sincere its not like I can't do it but I wouldn't Try it.. How can I be courting someone and we won't kiss till our wedding day. That's harder than waiting out sex till wedding day. The kissing is very necessary even if its twice.. May God forgive me cool
lols, i say amen to that but its possible only tru God's grace

(1) (Reply)

Signs To Know That Your Man Loves You... / Help...mature Advise Needed On Friendship. / My G.angBang Story ....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.