Stats: 3,140,451 members, 7,770,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:23 AM

How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal (64908 Views)

After She/he Finally Accept Your Proposal Then What's The Next Step / How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? / Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by edogu(m): 12:55am On Apr 10, 2013
How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Say Yes To Your Proposal

I met this girl late last year and my intention was made known to her.

She told me dat she has a boyfriend and that i should give her time to think over it.

Its getting to four months and she is yet to giv me any reply. The funny thing is that her family assumes dat we already on date including my own family. Obviously i love her with my whole heart and am willing 2 settle down with her.

My question now is how long are you willing to wait before a girl can say yes to your proposal.

Please i need your advice. We keep in touch almost everyday. Actually am ready to wait until she is ready to yes but what i cant tell is if she is just playing along or what.

Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Nobody: 1:08am On Apr 10, 2013
edogu: I met dis girl late last year and my intention wz made known to her. She told me dat she has a boyfriend and dat i shld giv her time to think over it. Its getting to four months n she is yet 2 giv me any reply. The funny thing is dat her family assumes dat we already on date including my own family. Obviously i love her wit my whole heart n am willing 2 settle down wit her. My question now is how long are u willing 2 wait b4 a girl can say yes 2 your proposal. Pls i need ur advice. We keep in touch almost everyday. Actually am ready 2 wait until she is ready 2 yes but what i cant tell is if she is just playing along or what.

And what happens to her present boyfriend Did you just say you want to settle down with a girl in a relationship

Later, you would start blaming Nigerian ladies. How won't ladies be playing smart with these kind of **** guys all over the place
SMH

17 Likes

Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by 190: 1:11am On Apr 10, 2013
20minutes if shes Nigerian
and if no response, hell im moving to the next girl

But if shes white
Im prepared to wait 3 years angry

34 Likes

Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by edogu(m): 1:19am On Apr 10, 2013
@aluta: pls u misunderstd me. By proposal i dont mean settling down wit her immediately but asking her out as in boyfriend/girlfriend rship. I tried 2 find out abt her present rship so dat i can wait or move on. Well she told me she is not happy wit his present boyfriend cos of reasons best known 2 her. But then she keep mentioning him whenever we re chatting on d phone, though not often. Now do u think four months or more is too long 2 wait 4 any girl or should i move on. Am ready 2 wait since she wz d one dat ask me 2 giv her time but my other mind tells me she's just playing along. So what do u think
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by edogu(m): 1:23am On Apr 10, 2013
@190: she's not just any girl. She is d kind of girl any would want 2 b wit.
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Nobody: 1:26am On Apr 10, 2013
edogu: @aluta: pls u misunderstd me. By proposal i dont mean settling down wit her immediately but asking her out as in boyfriend/girlfriend rship. I tried 2 find out abt her present rship so dat i can wait or move on. Well she told me she is not happy wit his present boyfriend cos of reasons best known 2 her. But then she keep mentioning him whenever we re chatting on d phone, though not often. Now do u think four months or more is too long 2 wait 4 any girl or should i move on. Am ready 2 wait since she wz d one dat ask me 2 giv her time but my other mind tells me she's just playing along. So what do u think

She's just playing along. It's obvious.
I don't like it when ladies don't know what they want and guys also keep being unnecesarily nice (In other words, they turn mugu).

Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by 190: 1:32am On Apr 10, 2013
edogu: @190: she's not just any girl. She is d kind of girl any would want 2 b wit.

unto say wetin - does she vomit gold
or spit hard currency

is she white

33 Likes

Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by 190: 1:32am On Apr 10, 2013
alutacontinua:

She's just playing along. It's obvious.
I don't like it when ladies don't know what they want and guys also keep being unnecesarily nice (In other words, they turn mugu).

undecided undecided
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Nobody: 1:40am On Apr 10, 2013
190:

undecided undecided

Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by edogu(m): 1:44am On Apr 10, 2013
@aluta: do u think its wise 4 me 2 ask her abt my position on dis or shld i just 4get her and move on. 4 me i c her as somebody who doesnt understd what she wants. She jst turned 18. Another funny thing abt this is dat she spend more time calling me including mid 9t calls. By d way nobody is trying 2 play mugu here. I mak time 4 her and she does same 4 me. She ask me 2 giv her time. My question is how long is 2 long 2 wait.
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by edogu(m): 1:47am On Apr 10, 2013
@190: this is not funny. D girl in question is a decent girl. Ur positiv reply is all dat i need now.
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Nobody: 1:54am On Apr 10, 2013
edogu: @aluta: do u think its wise 4 me 2 ask her abt my position on dis or shld i just 4get her and move on. 4 me i c her as somebody who doesnt understd what she wants. She jst turned 18. Another funny thing abt this is dat she spend more time calling me including mid 9t calls. By d way nobody is trying 2 play mugu here. I mak time 4 her and she does same 4 me. She ask me 2 giv her time. My question is how long is 2 long 2 wait.

You should have indicated the bolded in your original post. When u were talking about settling down, i had something else in mind. Okay, now that I have all the facts of the case, my simple advice: start playing along too undecided undecided undecided

Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by edogu(m): 2:02am On Apr 10, 2013
@aluta: well thanks 4 d advice. I think i wil do jst dat
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Exponental(m): 7:46am On Apr 10, 2013
Lemme ask u ds questns!
Do u see d so called bf around her? Do u notice she communicates with him?

Well, I waited abt a yr b4 knowing my fiancee already accepted even though she didnt pronounce it. All d while, I was always welcomed. From her jotter, she accepted 9months after. Above, dont make her a heartbreaker, ur heart is breakable too.
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by edogu(m): 8:23am On Apr 10, 2013
@Exponential: thanks 4 ur comment. I dont know if she communicates always wit her boyfriend. As 4 d two of us, we communicate almost every 2days. During this easter break, i spent most of my time in dr house, took her out and made her birthday special 4 her. As 4 her boyfriend, she always complain of him not giving her d attention dat she needs. The funny side of whole thing is dat while she complains of him, she stil brings it up whenever we re chatting on phone, although not always. And when i try 2 discuss d issue wit her wit open mind, she wil get flared up. Like i said earlier in one of my posts, am willing 2 wait sinc am yet 2 get a job n am stil doing my ma programme stil my concern is whether she's jst playing along. However, she is a very nice, intellimient, smart n a decent girl but can be stuborn at times (although i dont blame her 4 dis considering her age- 18 while am 26) Her family seems 2 ve accepted me but 4 her she's a type of girl dat does nt depend much on pple's opinion - a radical type of girl.
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by CharlesShaw(m): 9:04am On Apr 10, 2013
It shud rather be how Long is she Gonna Wait b4 iPropose??
2weeks is more than enough 4 u 2 do dat shìt.
For 4months ur stil waiting 4 an answer?
Ur bn played my son.
Btw i do not do 18 yr old gurls,
They r too Secondary 2 discuss anytin meaningful wit nd too Subaltern 4 my liking.
You can wait til she turns 20.

Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Princeparix(m): 9:17am On Apr 10, 2013
Charles Shaw: It shud rather be how Long is she Gonna Wait b4 iPropose??
2weeks is more than enough 4 u 2 do dat shìt.
For 4months ur stil waiting 4 an answer?
Ur bn played my son.
Btw i do not do 18 yr old gurls,
They r too Secondary 2 discuss anytin meaningful wit nd too Subaltern 4 my liking.
You can wait til she turns 20.
sum naija babes no say YES-BT 4 THEIR SMALL CHURCH MIND
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by edogu(m): 9:45am On Apr 10, 2013
@church-saw: in dat case u re saying i shld move on
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Scarpon(m): 10:10am On Apr 10, 2013
2months after that I'm not calling , texting we just become good friends
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 10, 2013
Wait for her but kip searching

Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by edogu(m): 1:43pm On Apr 10, 2013
@candy: thanks. I think u ve jst said it all. I jst hop she wont com back 2 blame me 4 whatever reason. Am taking ur advice.
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by kennytidistar(m): 3:55pm On Apr 10, 2013
Indefinately.

Some naija babes will never say 'yes' but impliedly, they accepted but if you cannot read them...... Forget it...... A lady once told me she was thinking of getting married to me, after a whole year proposal without yes..... But she was just unlucky, i ignore her atlast because no more interest.
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 10, 2013
Guy na 2wks tins o

Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by mancheeutd(m): 3:56pm On Apr 10, 2013
3months almost but if na tiv girl, 10 seconds
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Nobody: 3:56pm On Apr 10, 2013
Observation: Op,your topic should how long can you wait for a girl in a relationship to accept to ditch her boyfriend,and accept a new guy.

Answer: if the incoming guy is a sharp guy,and knows how to play his games well.build on the shortcomings of the other guy,pronto,she's all yours.

Shortcomings: be ready to get kicked by her,if another guy plays by her rules.

Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by nies: 3:57pm On Apr 10, 2013
what if she end up saying no, what will u do? Better think of something better in ur life
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 10, 2013
Asking is kind of old school and obsolete IMO... Why can't you just let it flow and see if she's on it, or not??

I don't ask, I just let it flow... wink

Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by razznaija(f): 3:57pm On Apr 10, 2013
190: 20minutes if shes Nigerian
and if no response, hell im moving to the next girl

But if shes white
Im prepared to wait 3 years angry

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsEObid4qe5AMAWBGBWW1fS6CSBpwV-B8GLFbhtArP65dEKu80Wg[/img]

19 Likes

Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Temismith(f): 3:59pm On Apr 10, 2013
As long as u live :p
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by GraceBestowed(f): 3:59pm On Apr 10, 2013
I thought women, generally, responded to proposals immediately (as in marriage)..

Otherwise, I'd have said that if a girl wants to be with you, she'd make it known, but I've heard too many stories of girls playing the 'hard to get' game!

If she seems uninterested, please move on; you were not made to be someone's back up!

Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by ffo(m): 4:00pm On Apr 10, 2013
edogu: @aluta: do u think its wise 4 me 2 ask her abt my position on dis or shld i just 4get her and move on. 4 me i c her as somebody who doesnt understd what she wants. She jst turned 18. Another funny thing abt this is dat she spend more time calling me including mid 9t calls. By d way nobody is trying 2 play mugu here. I mak time 4 her and she does same 4 me. She ask me 2 giv her time. My question is how long is 2 long 2 wait.

OP, IF I MAY ASK, HOW OLD ARE YOU?

Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Temi231(f): 4:00pm On Apr 10, 2013
@OP, if you really want her, you gat to wait for her and let her decide whether to go for you or the present boyfriend. Haba!!! 4 month is not long now, what is wrong with you guys of nowadays that always run out of patient.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pre-wedding Photos Of A Man And His Plus-Sized Fiancee Got Nigerians Talking / My Pre Wedding Pics / This Nigerian Man Forgave & Took Girlfriend Back After She Cheated &got Pregnant