Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,216 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? (23721 Views)

10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Indulge In Sex Before Marriage- Danceville / She Broke Up When I Told Her No Sex Before Marriage / Husband, Wife And Lover Living Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by Moblord(m): 5:35am On Aug 16, 2014
Very Bad Idea. They hardly end up marrying each other. Beside simple disagreement between them could lead to break up.

1 Like

Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by christabel123(f): 5:44am On Aug 16, 2014
What work for Mr and Mrs Robins, may NOT work for Mr and Mrs Jake.

3 Likes

Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by segradino(m): 6:03am On Aug 16, 2014
Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by megabyte2(f): 6:13am On Aug 16, 2014
Not a good idea at all
Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by fitzmayowa: 6:45am On Aug 16, 2014
sexyseun: The truth is even though majority of us here criticize it, over half of unmarried couple cohabitate. I remember when i was in school i was living with my BF, staying with him gave me a sense of direction as he was a serious and focused guy, Damn!!! that guy get principle sha.. we would wake together, pray together, go to the library together, he fixes my assignments, he advices me, he was like my elder brother,i couldnt even think of cheating on him because i had it going well, as soon as he graduated things changed and then i became SEXYSEUN. angry
My point is, it all boils down to the individual you are cohabitating with, marriage doesnt change anybody its just a way of telling people officially that we are cohabitating for life. I have got many couple who initially lived together and ended up as lovely husband and wife and same i had couple who went straight into marriage(after normal dating iissh) and now headed for divorce.... cry

It all boils down to what you both decide and not Nairalander's comments wink

Funny but true...
Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by Misblah(f): 6:49am On Aug 16, 2014
I don't see it as a bad idea. I think it allows. For a better understanding between both prospective couples,even if they don't finally end up togeher-which is very possible-i think twud prepare the both of them psychologically for the problems they wud both encounter wen they go into marraige as I have seen pple that freak out jst lyk 3months into their marriage.

1 Like

Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by kstyle2(m): 6:56am On Aug 16, 2014
Well, our parents never cohabited and their marraiges tend to last longer than the ones of these days where cohabitting is a norm

4 Likes

Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by cooljude(m): 6:59am On Aug 16, 2014
Everybody can never follow the same way of life. Living together before marriage can either fail or be successful. Atleast most guys became married through this way "you give my pikin belle you must marry her or else Sango go follow you dey run package every second". Who told you all marriage started like this is doomed to fail.
Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by Nobody: 6:59am On Aug 16, 2014
It is a No-No for me.
Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by ghettodreamz(m): 7:01am On Aug 16, 2014
bustyhelen: Not a good idea at all. But spending the week end in his place occasionally may be OK.Than live-in-lovers.
Some as they live together, d babe may get pregnant once or twice and the man may cajole her to evacuate the stuff, and she may oblige him to answer a "loyal" wife to b. After he may throw her out and find one flimsy excuse like "my mama said I can't marry outside my tribe".
hahahahahahaha

sisters shine ur eyes ooooo

Someone is speaking from experience here cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by aprokomania(m): 7:01am On Aug 16, 2014
sexyseun: The truth is even though majority of us here criticize it, over half of unmarried couple cohabitate. I remember when i was in school i was living with my BF, staying with him gave me a sense of direction as he was a serious and focused guy, Damn!!! that guy get principle sha.. we would wake together, pray together, go to the library together, he fixes my assignments, he advices me, he was like my elder brother,i couldnt even think of cheating on him because i had it going well, as soon as he graduated things changed and then i became SEXYSEUN. angry
My point is, it all boils down to the individual you are cohabitating with, marriage doesnt change anybody its just a way of telling people officially that we are cohabitating for life. I have got many couple who initially lived together and ended up as lovely husband and wife and same i had couple who went straight into marriage(after normal dating iissh) and now headed for divorce.... cry

pray together? before or after the unholy act?

5 Likes

Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by MORNDEW(m): 7:03am On Aug 16, 2014
From the comments here ppl are hypocrites. Then who are the ppl practising it. Cos while i was in school many guys lived with their babe.
As for Topic, it depends on d two ppl involved. It can help or destroy the relationship. But know dis today. It takes a patient, courageos nd faithful man to live with a woman he is nt married to wen there are so many pu.s.sy to test. Yet he lives with u nd no chance to try som oda pu.s.sys. It shows he will be a faithful man.
Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by suwailad(f): 7:06am On Aug 16, 2014
cohabitation/dating is a sin - just get married!

3 Likes

Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by masciv: 7:07am On Aug 16, 2014
Osama10: I want to know for those of you who are so called christians, what does your bible say about fornication? angry

That's why you bear the name you have.Absolute nuthead.How does what you said concern this thread?
Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by Imoy(m): 7:11am On Aug 16, 2014
Elantracey: it's more irritating when the girl turns to his house maid , washing clothes and all that .
So would u prefer d girl sits and watch her bf or husband to be washing the clothes, plates and probably cooking in the name of not turning his to be wife a house maid?

How some nigerian girls think.....

Until u change dis ur mentality no Nigerian man go gree marry u, except u go marry oyinbo wey d marriage no go pass 3yrs.

2 Likes

Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by Ezeanna: 7:13am On Aug 16, 2014
I am in support of cohabitation Only IF the main idea is to find out the compatibility of the couple involved. Better a broken relationship than a broken marriage.

Though i would advice that some ground rules be established. Like;

1. The couple must have dated for at least three months before deciding to cohabit.
2. They must be engaged and the main reason for the cohabitation is to find out how suited they are for marriage in order to avoid jumping in and jumping out of marriage; because that would be a painful experience.
3. The cohabitation must have a time frame. It must not exceed three months.
4. No sex during the period of cohabitation. I don't see the point in trying to make a baby when you aren't sure yet if you want to spend your life with the person. A baby ties two people together whether they want it or not.

#Mytwocents#

3 Likes

Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by Bitojoe(m): 7:14am On Aug 16, 2014
Only a fool lady will be living with a man without married.dont cry if the guy doesn't marry at the end.what will it remain after he has eaten your workshop finished and also expand it to cinema all.
Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by Nobody: 7:19am On Aug 16, 2014
Imoy:
So would u prefer d girl sits and watch her bf or husband to be washing the clothes, plates and probably cooking in the name of not turning his to be wife a house maid?

How some nigerian girls think.....

Until u change dis ur mentality no Nigerian man go gree marry u, except u go marry oyinbo wey d marriage no go pass 3yrs.

Ehya , someone like me can never I repeat never marry someone like you , so I should turn to your slave then at the end you'll go marry someone else abi , after all the see finish , until you change your mentality that your wife is not your slave you are going to get married to a woman that doesn't value herself much undecided
Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by Imoy(m): 7:20am On Aug 16, 2014
daveP: grin the devil has made what was once in the wrong direction to be now right in direction. Cohabit ko, koba-hit ni!

*Falls from chair* because of lafta.

1 Like

Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by Imoy(m): 7:28am On Aug 16, 2014
Living together before marriage.

Good for the man, but Bad for woman.
Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by henryobinna(m): 7:29am On Aug 16, 2014

hehehehe cheesy true true n true.

bur sisi abeg gist me on how you became SEXYSUEN grin
Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by Dexema(m): 7:37am On Aug 16, 2014
Misblah: I don't see it as a bad idea. I think it allows. For a better understanding between both prospective couples,even if they don't finally end up togeher-which is very possible-i think twud prepare the both of them psychologically for the problems they wud both encounter wen they go into marraige as I have seen pple that freak out jst lyk 3months into their marriage.

Wow! That Dog looks supercute,is it urs?
NB: I may like ur dog but I don't agree wiv ur point on cohabitation. LaDies pls Don't buy dat idea xcept he picked you up from the gutter or you have serious accommoDation issues.most laDies end up aborting for the dude,get “used up“ sexually and commitment wise....and then they get DUMPED. Next tin na to come nairaland begin abuse men con dey share stories that touch the heart

2 Likes

Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by Onegai(f): 7:47am On Aug 16, 2014
Quite a lot of childish responses on this thread.

Cohabition depends on the couple. Religiously, it isn't ideal. But I know coupls who lived together (for different reasons) before marriage and are still together. If you and your partner are moving to a new, expensive city together, it may not make a lot of financial sense for you to be renting separately (try moving to London), as long as you've both decided you want to settle down maritally in the future (I know several who did this, still married).
Also, I meet guys in their 30s who insist on living together for 1-3 months before they get married to the girl (they don't want too many surprises after marriage). Like one said, "it will take a lot for me to break up with a girl whom I've asked to move in with me and she should know once I asked that request, we're getting married in 4 months' time". Not every man is like this, so you have to take your time and listen carefully to him (a man who is serious about your future won't jeopardise it anyhow by asking you to move in with him selfishly for his own comfort, you would have met his siblings/friends/relatives by then, to show his seriousness).

Moving in with a guy is no guarantee of settling down with him, and living apart is no guarantee either. My family won't allow it till he has done the needful of declaring his intentions to both set of parents.

3 Likes

Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by adeowo84(m): 7:50am On Aug 16, 2014
what is wrong does not have any other name...live-in love is WRONG.SHIKENNA!

2 Likes

Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by 9jahubcom(m): 7:53am On Aug 16, 2014
some dont stay together, but na dey make love pass (S*x) for any opportunity..wetin una go call dat one

1 Like

Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by ewizard1: 8:11am On Aug 16, 2014
suwailad: cohabitation/dating is a sin - just get married!
[size=35pt]K[/size]
Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by solacec4t(f): 8:12am On Aug 16, 2014
oyihou: Traditional Marriage is the most potent and powerful type of marriage in Africa. If the MAN HAS PAID HER BRIDE PRICE THEN THEY ARE HUSBAND AND WIFE.

So if a lady is ashamed of the custom and tradition of her people and her land, she can go ahead and do court marriage.

But from where i hail from if you like go and do court MARRIAGE without the traditional marriage you are not regarded as a married person according to the tradition of my beloved lineage.

No matter where i find myself i will never abandone my culture because of a BORROWED CULTURE from another NATION

I SHALL FOLLOW THE FOOTSTEP OF MY LINEAGE/ FORE FATHERS NO MATTER WHAT.

Hey, please kindly read the headline again....... your comments are right but it's off the point.
Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by ewizard1: 8:17am On Aug 16, 2014
EMMYB0Y: its not a good idea at all, because you guys will be tempted to do that thing several times " u knw wat i mean" and once you've done it....[/b]then [b]there is nothing special about your wedding again, that is if you guys even wed, because she may even be pregnant before wedding which i dnt think the church will allow....well in short its may lead to fornication

It really amazes me when people talk about SEX and Relationship.

Are you getting married because of SEX?
Oh, so you want to be with someone for the rest of your life just because of what is under her clothing?

1 Like

Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 16, 2014
henryobinna: hehehehe cheesy true true n true.

bur sisi abeg gist me on how you became SEXYSUEN grin
you suppose knw na cry
Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by ewizard1: 8:25am On Aug 16, 2014
What i want in a Partner,

- One who can take good care of ME and my Children.
- One who could assist me in making a sweet home.
- One who could take care of my home in my absence
- One who could represent where i'm suppose to be but absent.

SEX? How would you stop loving someone because you already had sex with them? Is sex what you needed in a relationship?

So many other things to look out for!

1 Like

Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 16, 2014
Bitojoe: Only a fool lady will be living with a man without married.dont cry if the guy doesn't marry at the end.what will it remain after he has eaten your workshop finished and also expand it to cinema all.
oh please!! Let me tell you a good story, my dad traveled to the Uk before inviting my mum to come stay with him, they stayed together for 2years before they finally tied the knot, would you say my mum was foolish or he was a punk-ass? Like i said earlier it all depends on the individual and their intent

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Are Girls Attracted To This Guy (photos) / Doctor Vs Nurse Vs Patients (18+) / My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.