Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,405 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? (23722 Views)

10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Indulge In Sex Before Marriage- Danceville / She Broke Up When I Told Her No Sex Before Marriage / Husband, Wife And Lover Living Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by MOBBDEEP: 8:30am On Aug 16, 2014
sexyseun: The truth is even though majority of us here criticize it, over half of unmarried couple cohabitate. I remember when i was in school i was living with my BF, staying with him gave me a sense of direction as he was a serious and focused guy, Damn!!! that guy get principle sha.. we would wake together, pray together, go to the library together, he fixes my assignments, he advices me, he was like my elder brother,i couldnt even think of cheating on him because i had it going well, as soon as he graduated things changed and then i became SEXYSEUN.
My point is, it all boils down to the individual you are cohabitating with, marriage doesnt change anybody its just a way of telling people officially that we are cohabitating for life. I have got many couple who initially lived together and ended up as lovely husband and wife and same i had couple who went straight into marriage(after normal dating iissh) and now headed for divorce
It all boils down to what you both decide and not Nairalander's comments wink

Chrisbenogor: There's really no guarantee on what will give a good marriage. It takes two willing people to tango.
That being said I think it depends on the maturity of the couple involved. Living together can be a reminder of what will be when you tie the knot. I think one might lose the excitement of being a newly wedded couple but in its place you would have gone through the teething problems that some early marriages go through. There's no more surprise, you learn quickly that sex life in marriage for instance is far from the occasional hormone filled hook ups you have.If two mature people feel like they are mentally strong enough to handle it or they already almost spend a lot of time together then why not?

Hmm, I didn't want to comment before until I saw these posts.
At least, the 2 of you were a bit objective.
People just facetiously condemn a situation, an event or act with no facts except the delusions of religion & norms, some of which ought to be scrutinized deeply to determine its essence.
After all, has the religion & norms helped in the advancement of humanity?
I'd say, with some measure of certainty, no!

This is a gray area with its pros & cons.
I remembered reading some researched papers presenting some surprising & fascinating facts about cohabitation ( can't provide link for those who would requested because it was a part of a big Psychology textbook ) :
* Divorce/Separation rate was lower among cohabiting couples compared with those who married straight in the 1st 5yrs of marriage.
* Adaptability, survival strength & maturation of characters were better among there cohabiting partners supposedly.
* It brings about stability & better support for people involve which translated to being a bit happier in reality.
Now, there will be a lot exceptions.

I'm not supporting cohabitation.
It's just that I want us to be balanced in evaluation of our beliefs & behaviours.
FEW THINGS in life & reality are OUTRIGHT COMPLETE GOOD/BAD.

And as they say, this is one of the dimensions of life where no particular route/way/belief system works for all.
Co-habitation will be inimical to some people's existence just as it brings bliss for many.
Some also have had it rough & unpleasant with starting out straight.

It seems to me that what matters most is the set of people involved.
If the people involved are supposedly GOOD (now, this is a broad definition), whatever system they use works for them. Be it cohabitation, straight-marriage, celibacy, asexual etc.
So, rather than focus on the system, we centre on the people involve.

By the way, I sense a lot of people saying bad about the cohabitation are being hypocritical.
Àbí, who are the cohabiting couples you & me see everyday?
Are they aliens? Or they don't use IT?

5 Likes

Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by Duru009(m): 8:33am On Aug 16, 2014
@sexysun. I quiet agree with seun. Dats d truth. So many people who are married today once stay n leave together b4 marriage. I can give u so many examples with my elder brothers, consins n all dat. It helps tho whether u like it or not. Marriage is met for matured people not kids.my elder brother live with d wife for over 3ys b4 getting married.today dey are happily married wit 3 kids.i have also seen so many oda people who never stay 2gether but dre marriage didnt last upto 6months. Let d truth be told leavin 2gther opens ur eyes to so many oda thins which u will nava get to see or know. Lets face d truth but its bitter tho...........

1 Like

Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by henryobinna(m): 8:46am On Aug 16, 2014
sexyseun: you suppose knw na cry
ok ok ok... I now understand.
you look sexy tho, from your profile

1 Like

Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by UrbanMystique: 8:49am On Aug 16, 2014
i would love to live with my fiance for atleast a year before marriage.

i dont ever wanna be a divorcee
Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by ideology(m): 8:54am On Aug 16, 2014
ayoku777:

As a christian, Christ and the scriptures should be our standard for defining what is good. We just don't ask if something is good, but also if it is godly. Godly is the believers' definition of "good". And scripturally, having a "live-in" lover is wrong.

Even Jesus Christ that has paid the ultimate price for His bride, the church, with His life, and has given her the earnest of the Spirit (first gift of commitment); has not brought her home yet. They are not yet living together bodily.

It is after the wedding feast of the lamb, that Christ and His church will officially live and be together bodily through the milenial and for eternity.

I believe its best to learn the values of marriage from the one who instituted it in the first place -God; and not from what society deems acceptable now.

So living together with a partner, even a fiancé is wrong and not godly.

Oga, if this is true, what does the bible mean when it's written, when Jesus Died, we died with him, when he rose, we rose together with him.

What do u mean by wedding feast of lamb and which place can one find same in the holy book
Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by ideology(m): 9:06am On Aug 16, 2014
Imoy:
So would u prefer d girl sits and watch her bf or husband to be washing the clothes, plates and probably cooking in the name of not turning his to be wife a house maid?

How some nigerian girls think.....

Until u change dis ur mentality no Nigerian man go gree marry u, except u go marry oyinbo wey d marriage no go pass 3yrs.

I understand her point, personally I think I wouldn't allow a lady do that in my house, except she's my best friend.

But My question to her is, what is the difference in visiting him and helping out in house chores and living with him and still helping him.
Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by Baddestguyp(m): 9:11am On Aug 16, 2014
bustyhelen: Not a good idea at all. But spending the week end in his place occasionally may be OK.Than live-in-lovers.

Some as they live together, d babe may get pregnant once or twice and the man may cajole her to evacuate the stuff, and she may oblige him to answer a "loyal" wife to b. After he may throw her out and find one flimsy excuse like "my mama said I can't marry outside my tribe".

hahahahahahaha

sisters shine ur eyes ooooo
I can't believe there's no profile pic to this moniker
Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by Waspy(m): 9:12am On Aug 16, 2014
bustyhelen: Not a good idea at all. But spending the week end in his place occasionally may be OK.Than live-in-lovers.

Some as they live together, d babe may get pregnant once or twice and the man may cajole her to evacuate the stuff, and she may oblige him to answer a "loyal" wife to b. After he may throw her out and find one flimsy excuse like "my mama said I can't marry outside my tribe".

hahahahahahaha

sisters shine ur eyes ooooo
Why no dp....Why waste niggas Mb.? lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by anishe(m): 9:21am On Aug 16, 2014
Don't let a fool kiss you and don't be fooled by a kiss.

Cohabitation before marriage is bad. No comment.

Let not try to justify illegality.
Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by Joy83(m): 9:25am On Aug 16, 2014
Its a very bad idea in all ramifications (morally, spiritually, educationally, psychologically, socially etc). It leads to total moral decadence because there is time for every and you have to wait for the appropriate time.
What makes a right decision is doing the right thing at the right time.
If such hazardous situation persists, how will people like marry get virgin to merry!!!
Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by Bitojoe(m): 9:25am On Aug 16, 2014
sexyseun: oh please!! Let me tell you a good story, my dad traveled to the Uk before inviting my mum to come stay with him, they stayed together for 2years before they finally tied the knot, would you say my mum was foolish or he was a punk-ass? Like i said earlier it all depends on the individual and their intent

its totaly wrong. But i hope you are not among ladies who live a couples life with a guy in while in school?
Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by roufy235(m): 9:27am On Aug 16, 2014
not a good idea
Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by ayoku777(m): 9:37am On Aug 16, 2014
ideology:

Oga, if this is true, what does the bible mean when it's written, when Jesus Died, we died with him, when he rose, we rose together with him.

You're very correct, we did die and rise with Him. Even so, it doesn't mean Christ and His church are together bodily now. Ofcourse not. The bridegroom has been taken away and we won't have His physical presence again until the millenial.

Christ is with His Church in Spirit and christians who have died and gone to heaven are also with Christ in spirit. But Christ and His church are not and will not be together bodily until the millenial.

We need to separate Legal truths from literal truths, and spiritual realities from physical realities in scripture.

That we died and rose in Christ and are seated with Him right now is a legal truth and a spiritual reality. But physically speaking, the bridegroom and His bride are not yet together. The bride is still waiting for Him.

Revelation 22v17 -And the Spirit and the bride say, COME.

ideology:
What do u mean by wedding feast of lamb and which place can one find same in the holy book

Rev 19v7 -Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to Him: for THE MARRIAGE OF THE LAMB is come, and His wife hath made hersellf ready.

Rev 19v9 -And He saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto THE MARRIAGE SUPPER OF THE LAMB. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by Vicfus(m): 9:43am On Aug 16, 2014
oyihou: Traditional Marriage is the most potent and powerful type of marriage in Africa. If the MAN HAS PAID HER BRIDE PRICE THEN THEY ARE HUSBAND AND WIFE.

So if a lady is ashamed of the custom and tradition of her people and her land, she can go ahead and do court marriage.

But from where i hail from if you like go and do court MARRIAGE without the traditional marriage you are not regarded as a married person according to the tradition of my beloved lineage.

No matter where i find myself i will never abandone my culture because of a BORROWED CULTURE from another NATION

I SHALL FOLLOW THE FOOTSTEP OF MY LINEAGE/ FORE FATHERS NO MATTER WHAT.

helloooooo.... Pls comeback

1 Like

Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by ideology(m): 9:57am On Aug 16, 2014
ayoku777:

You're very correct, we did die and rise with Him. Even so, it doesn't mean Christ and His church are together bodily now. Ofcourse not. The bridegroom has been taken away and we won't have His physical presence again until the millenial.

Christ is with His Church in Spirit and christians who have died and gone to heaven are also with Christ in spirit. But Christ and His church are not and will not be together bodily until the millenial.

We need to separate Legal truths from literal truths, and spiritual realities from physical realities in scripture.

That we died and rose in Christ and are seated with Him right now is a legal truth and a spiritual reality. But physically speaking, the bridegroom and His bride are not yet together. The bride is still waiting for Him.

Revelation 22v17 -And the Spirit and the bride say, COME.

Rev 19v7 -Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to Him: for THE MARRIAGE OF THE LAMB is come, and His wife hath made hersellf ready.

Rev 19v9 -And He saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto THE MARRIAGE SUPPER OF THE LAMB. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Good, but In truth, God is spirit, and man is a spirit being too.

How is it possible that we died with him?

Remember Jesus Had communion with the disciples before he died, what's the significance?

what happens to the spirit of Man, when He's worshipping God?

Why did Jesus Say, by just thinking about sex, you have fornicated already?
Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by Gwan2(m): 10:00am On Aug 16, 2014
Weda before marriage or within marriage or after marriage...å virtuous women is a virtuous woman, å wahala woman is a wahala woman..

Hell has no FURY ås å WOMAN SCORNED...so da simple principle is alway play ur part as much ås possible nt to gt dat woman scorned...else u wil breath life into da hidden beast of dat VIRTEOUS woman n trust me, u wil prefer livin in hell dan wit her..
Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by tuoyoojo(m): 10:00am On Aug 16, 2014
Lemme give a true life account of my experince.

I and my chic for 2 years were having disagreement over trival issues often. She normally comes n spends at most 2 days before going back to sch. So one day , she came as usually with a slightly bigger bag and gave one excuse( though I can't really remember it)that she may stay abit longer wit me.so I said ok.I tot maybe give or take one week she wud be gone

Like play like play , she spent almost a month and belive me those were one of the best times we had. I got to understand her point of view more and we had very few issues during her stay

Abt a month lata, she told me she "pulled that stunt" to see how compactable we wud be if eventually stayed together and she said if we were still having problems dat wud hav being d end of us.

I gave this story to buttress one fact. Find out what works for u cuz in marriage there is no hard n fast rule

1 Like

Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by olowolekan(m): 10:09am On Aug 16, 2014
Well my wife lived with me before marriage.i knew it was a sin living together but the church told me to make restitution.we stood before the church and confessed and ask for pardon.the church tru the pastor pronounced forgiveness.glory to GOD.the marriage is 8years old now and with 3kids.2boys

1 Like

Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by lalasticlala(m): 10:18am On Aug 16, 2014
9jahubcom: some dont stay together, but na dey make love pass (S*x) for any opportunity..wetin una go call dat one
Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by jmoore(m): 10:22am On Aug 16, 2014
If you are against premarital sex then you should be against cohabitation.

How can you be "chopping" the forbidden fruit outside and you are against cohabitation?

How can you support cohabitation, and you are against premarital sex? Are you learner?
Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by lalasticlala(m): 10:23am On Aug 16, 2014
Ezeanna: I am in support of cohabitation Only IF the main idea is to find out the compatibility of the couple involved. Better a broken relationship than a broken marriage.

Though i would advice that some ground rules be established. Like;

1. The couple must have dated for at least three months before deciding to cohabit.
2. They must be engaged and the main reason for the cohabitation is to find out how suited they are for marriage in order to avoid jumping in and jumping out of marriage; because that would be a painful experience.
3. The cohabitation must have a time frame. It must not exceed three months.
4. No sex during the period of cohabitation. I don't see the point in trying to make a baby when you aren't sure yet if you want to spend your life with the person. A baby ties two people together whether they want it or not.

#Mytwocents#

what if they sex with rubber?
Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by lalasticlala(m): 10:31am On Aug 16, 2014
jmoore: If you are against premarital sex then you should be against cohabitation.

How can you be "chopping" the forbidden fruit outside and you are against cohabitation?

How can you support cohabitation, and you are against premarital sex? Are you learner?

Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by ayoku777(m): 10:48am On Aug 16, 2014
ideology:

Good, but In truth, God is spirit, and man is a spirit being too.

How is it possible that we died with him?

Remember Jesus Had communion with the disciples before he died, what's the significance?

what happens to the spirit of Man, when He's worshipping God?

Why did Jesus Say, by just thinking about sex, you have fornicated already?

So many questions. Some of them I've not given much thought to. But let me just explain something.

Scripturally speaking, as a man, every child you will bring forth are as seeds in your loins ever before they are physically born.

And I believe, sometimes, the actions of a man can be reckoned to or imputed unto his seed.

That was how we became sinners in Adam, even though we didn't literally eat the fruit. Adam's actions, and the guilt and consequence of it was imputed unto all of us, because all of humanity were yet in the loins of Adam when he disobeyed. So legally, and in the eye of divine justice, we all disobeyed, fell, and died with the first Adam.

That was also how Levi paid tithes to Melchizedek.

Hebrews 7v9-10 -And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes IN ABRAHAM. For he was yet IN THE LOINS OF HIS FATHER, when Melchizedek met him.

So Levi was said to have paid tithes to Melchizedek, because He was in Abraham's loins when Abraham did. So the deed was reckoned unto Levi too as though he did it.

That is the principle by which I believe we died, were buried and rose with Christ.

Jesus is the last Adam and the first born of the new creation. All of the New creation (everyone who was, is or will ever be born again through faith) was reckoned to be in His loins as He hung and died on the cross, was buried and rose.

So everything, he suffered, went through and accomplished, is reckoned to us as new creation, through our faith in Him, even though we didn't literally do it. Just like Levi in Abraham and humanity in Adam, so is New creation in Christ.

Its all by God's reckoning and in the eye of divine justice.

What do you think is the signifance of Christ eating the supper with His disciples before dying.

You can share your thoughts on your other questions too.

Except that I would prefer we move this discussion from this thread.
Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by ideology(m): 10:48am On Aug 16, 2014
We are promoting sex than it should,
Must they have sex?
what happens to a married man, during 9months when the wife his pregnant, even few weeks after child birth.

Discipline and control yourself

1 Like

Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by Lily4star(f): 11:08am On Aug 16, 2014
MOBBDEEP:

People just facetiously condemn a situation, an event or act with no facts except the delusions of religion & norms, some of which ought to be scrutinized deeply to determine its essence.

I remembered reading some researched papers presenting some surprising & fascinating facts about cohabitation ( can't provide link for those who would requested because it was a part of a big Psychology textbook ) :
* Divorce/Separation rate was lower among cohabiting couples compared with those who married straight in the 1st 5yrs of marriage.
* Adaptability, survival strength & maturation of characters were better among there cohabiting partners supposedly.
* It brings about stability & better support for people involve which translated to being a bit happier in reality.

It's just that I want us to be balanced in evaluation of our beliefs & behaviours.

And as they say, this is one of the dimensions of life where no particular route/way/belief system works for all.
Co-habitation will be inimical to some people's existence just as it brings bliss for many.

If the people involved are supposedly GOOD (now, this is a broad definition), whatever system they use works for them. Be it cohabitation, straight-marriage, celibacy, asexual etc.

By the way, I sense a lot of people saying bad about the cohabitation are being hypocritical.

Bros, first of all Goodmorning and how was your night?

Please have I wronged you in any way? undecided, I couldn't understand a thing you were saying, your grammatical prowess almost caused me cardiac arrest, please take it easy on people like my wey no complete primary school, I had to go get my Advance leaners dictionary to comprehend all that. 'Sighs of relieve'. Thanks in anticipation.

@topic,"what's normal for the spider is chaos for the fly", what works for me might not work for you, I think it depends on the people involved, if they re cool with it then to hell with what anybody thinks
Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:08am On Aug 16, 2014
MOBBDEEP:

Nice one, leave the hypocrites.

People just hate to face up to the truth sometimes and I have learned that not all who shout in Jesus name really mean it.

A huge percentage of the people in our university relationships Co habit.

You already sleep over weekends public hols and every free day between.
You already have sex together.

Wetin remain to cohabit?
Life is not black or white most just areas with shades of grey
Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by oliviastacey(f): 11:30am On Aug 16, 2014
ideology: We are promoting sex than it should,
Must they have sex?
what happens to a married man, during 9months when the wife his pregnant, even few weeks after child birth.

Discipline and control yourself
ha! nawa oh. 9 months. husbands sex their preg wives jare! r u a leaner?
Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by ideology(m): 11:50am On Aug 16, 2014
oliviastacey: ha! nawa oh. 9 months. husbands sex their preg wives jare! r u a leaner?

Hmmmm
Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 16, 2014
Nope.... It can neva be Good... Its totally Wrong!!!
Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by ArcTammy: 12:08pm On Aug 16, 2014
Weekends together gat no problem at all. but if everyday together, then there's a problem...
Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by Blackteeth(m): 2:02pm On Aug 16, 2014
Elantracey: For me am totally against it , I don't need to live with you first before I can get to know some things I can't cope with about you , moreover you can never know someone completely , we are going to be spending our entire life together so why the rush , it's more irritating when the girl turns to his house maid , washing clothes and all that .
It is not OK for the girl to be his "house maid" but its OK for the guy to spend on her while she is with him right? You sound crazy.
Re: Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 16, 2014
During this day in age, the norm of a progressing
relationship is generally dating, moving in
together, marriage, then children. Although this
is not the case for everyone, it is believed that
this is the pattern or path that most couples
would follow. However, living together before
marriage is a very controversial topic. As with
practically every topic, everyone has different
views, which have been shaped by their own
personal experiences. Those that are heavily
involved in religion may find is sinful to live with
their partner before marriage. The ideas and
norms of marriage have changed through time,
and continue to change: http://
cnnradio.cnn.com/2013/04/05/historian-
marriage-aint-what-it-used-to-be/ (Lacey-
Bordeaux). This video demonstrates the changes
that have occurred through marriage. However,
every argument has benefits and drawbacks. This
blog will discuss what those benefits, drawbacks
are of cohabitating before “tying the knot” as
well as a personal opinion.
There are several reasons as to why two
individuals should take part in living together
before they are married that seem to be quite
obvious. For instance, when you are involved
with dating someone, the majority of the time
you see that individual when they are at their
best; meaning that they have cleaned up, gotten
ready, cooked, etc before you have arrived. You
may have spent the odd night with them, but
chances are, they have not had the opportunity
to see the “real” you and vice versa that your
parents and/ or siblings witness. If you decide to
marry the individual that you are with, you are
signing up to be apart of their everyday life
sharing a home; sleeping together, sharing all
the same space, eating together, etc. That is a
major commitment. It seems to make the most
logical sense to experience these things before
the individuals decide to take the step further to
share this together for the remainder of their
lives. By living together before marriage, you are
able to have the opportunity to see your
partner’s day-to-day activities, their work ethic
around the home, as well as see how your
partner handles finances. In a news report by
CNN, an example of a couple that made the
decision to live together demonstrates that this
might be a positive idea for others to follow:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/04/living/
women-premarital-cohabitation (Grinbeg, 2013).
This news report states that living together
before marriage may be a “stabilizing force in a
relationship”. “In the majority of cases,
cohabitation shares many of the qualities of
marriage…” (Brown & Booth, 1996) and in this
sense it seems like a responsible decision to
take part in before deciding to marry the
individual.
Although cohabitation before marriage
may seem like a logical and responsible
decision, several researches believe differently
and demonstrated so across many different
studies. In a study conducted by Bumpass and
Sweet, is has been demonstrated through the
watchful eye of statistics that “marriage rates
have fallen during the same period that
cohabitation became common”. For instance,
between the years 1965-74 and 1980-84,
cohabitation increased from 11% to 44%
(Thomson & Colella, 1992) while marriage rates
decreased. Although there may be alternative
reasons for the fall in marriage rates, it is quite
possibly that they are strongly correlated. Within
Bumpass and Sweet’s study it also stated that
due to the plateau since 1980 within Sweden and
Canada, it can be suggested that “marriages
preceded by cohabitation are more, rather then
less, likely to end in divorce” (Bumpass & Sweet
1989). Analyzing statistics, it shows quite often
that cohabitation may not be the best decision
for couples as it shows to end poorly. Another
point that was conveyed by researchers is the
idea that couples that want to “try” living
together before marriage are feeling the need to
“test” the relationship. Therefore, if there is a
need to test the relationship, it is likely to be
more prone to divorce (Edwards).
Personally I had a strong view on this
topic. I felt that it was irresponsible to marry
someone that you had not had the chance to live
with. I figured that there would be more
statistics favoring the fact that if two individual
had not lived together but decided to wed, that
there would be more divorce rates after learning
that they were not compatible. However, my view
has changed slightly in learning about the
research that has been done relating to the
drawbacks of cohabitation. Although, it should
also be considered that there are many
limitations to statistics and people should
continue to be aware of that. Although there are
drops in two related entities, it does not
necessarily mean that they are directly
correlated.
As stated above, every argument has a
side with valid points and opinions. Both sides
of this debate as quite strong. It is important
that people follow what is important for them
and what they truly feel is the right thing to do
when it comes to the decision to cohabitate.
Every individual is different and therefore every
relationship is different. It has proven to be
successful in both ways. The most important
thing is that each relationship evaluates their
situation and decide what is best their particular
relationship.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Are Girls Attracted To This Guy (photos) / Doctor Vs Nurse Vs Patients (18+) / My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.