Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

How Nyako Beat Security, Escaped To Britain - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Nyako Beat Security, Escaped To Britain (3230 Views)

How Nyako Was Abandoned By APC Online/offline!!! Nyako Was Bloodied / Dubai To Extradite Ibori To Britain / Why Did Efcc Take Ibori’s Case File To Britain ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Nyako Beat Security, Escaped To Britain by atlwireles: 11:27pm On Aug 15, 2014
HOW did ousted governor of Adamawa State, Admiral Murtala Hammanyero Nyako, escape from Nigeria a few hours before his impeachment despite the presence of eagle-eyed security agents waiting to arrest him to answer for his actions?

This is a question that has continued to prop up within the security establishment in Nigeria now that it has become clear that the former governor had fled the country and settled in Europe, apparently to avoid being prosecuted or persecuted by his traducers.
Nyako, according to findings by Saturday Vanguard, escaped from Nigeria through the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja in a private jet on July 15, 2014.

The former Chief of Naval Staff’s successful flight from the country at the time he did, is said to be causing unease and serious embarrassment to the nation’s security establishment, as it is being suspected that the man could not have taken off without the support of insiders.
Saturday Vanguard was told by competent sources that Nyako was assisted to flee by those who were also detailed to stop him from slipping off their hands.

It was learnt that Nyako had sought the assistance of some sympathetic security agents and secured their subtle support on how to leave the country undetected just before his ouster by the House of Assembly and beat the hordes of security agents, who had been detailed to arrest him.
The former Chief of Defence Staff is said to have made arrangements to leave Yola, the state capital for Abuja a day before his impeachment, having been convinced that the seven-man panel raised by the House of Assembly had indicted him on many fronts.
It was learnt that on the day of the impeachment, Nyako had prepared a phantom convoy of about 10 cars, which he used in confusing security agents to believe that he was still around in the country, many hours after he had sneaked out of town.
According to a competent source, who was privy to the movement, Nyako had earlier that morning of July 15, 2014, left his Abuja residence with some of his close aides in a private car and was ushered into a waiting private jet at the NAIA Abuja.

The jet, according to the source, is owned by a top Nigerian, who is sympathetic to Nyako and believes that he was hounded out of office because of his defection from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the opposition All Progressives Congress (APC).
The source explained that since the former governor’s flight from the private wing of the NAIA Abuja was pre-arranged, security agents, who would have arrested Nyako on arrival at the airport, rather gave him a quick pass and he flew out of the airport in a jiffy.
Findings show that about an hour after Nyako’s plane had taken off from the private wing of the airport, his phantom convoy made its way to the airport giving security agents the erroneous belief that he was inside his official car.

The security agents waited for the governor to arrive so as to stop him from flying. It was too late.
In the convoy, a Land Cruiser Jeep emblazoned with the Coat of Arms and Marked “Adamawa State Governor”, occupied the space meant for Nyako but the former governor was not in any of the vehicles.
On stopping the convoy and searching, the security men, who had now been alerted to grab Nyako, only found some of his aides in his official car. They were livid.
One of Nyako’s aides told Saturday Vanguard that the security men had to quickly ferry the former naval officer out of the country because they feared for his life.

The source explained that there were unconfirmed reports that the man could be harmed after being removed from office.
“We had information that they would deal with Nyako in ways he did not anticipate because of the letter he wrote accusing the Federal Government of committing genocide in the North under the guise of fighting terrorism,” one of his aides said. “That is why it was imperative for the security officials, who knew the plot to harm him to assist him out of the country. Indeed, we can say that it is the same people, who had the duty to arrest him that assisted him to leave the country because of the fear that he could be harmed because of the gamut of security information at his disposal,” another source said.

A few days after Nyako had left Nigeria, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, said it was finding it difficult to track down the former governor for arrest over alleged misappropriation of funds.
A spokesman for the EFCC, Mr. Wilson Uwujaren, said the commission might be tempted to declare Nyako wanted if he continues to hide.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/nyako-beat-security-escaped-britain/#sthash.HSAKOz6R.dpuf
Re: How Nyako Beat Security, Escaped To Britain by Edmanpumpin(m): 11:47pm On Aug 15, 2014
The Feds are not really keen in arresting Nyako. If they were, trust me, he'd be in one of those wet and damp undergroud cell at DSS Yellow House or Mogadishu cantonments guard room meant for treason suspects. They sure know he was taking that flight bro.

14 Likes

Re: How Nyako Beat Security, Escaped To Britain by 9jahubcom(m): 11:48pm On Aug 15, 2014
smart dude
Re: How Nyako Beat Security, Escaped To Britain by sparkleboy(m): 12:01am On Aug 16, 2014
Nigerians and corruption...hmm just like bread and butter.
Re: How Nyako Beat Security, Escaped To Britain by deeobserver209(m): 12:17am On Aug 16, 2014
Where are those agents that caught and smuggled Umaru Dikko out of Britain inside container in the 80s? We have a job for them.
Re: How Nyako Beat Security, Escaped To Britain by gratiaeo(m): 12:22am On Aug 16, 2014
APC criminals

2 Likes

Re: How Nyako Beat Security, Escaped To Britain by Lobolintin(m): 12:23am On Aug 16, 2014
Story... Someone who committed treason.... If feds wana 4ck him.. They will.. Forget stories... His 4cked already... Anyone trying Oga GEJ should sEek advice from Former gov of Bayelsa, timipreye silva.. Rest my case

2 Likes

Re: How Nyako Beat Security, Escaped To Britain by Smartsyn(m): 12:46am On Aug 16, 2014
In Nigeria's politics, it's the more you look, the less you see..
Re: How Nyako Beat Security, Escaped To Britain by strangest(m): 2:32am On Aug 16, 2014
He probably took the cameroonian or chadian borders
Re: How Nyako Beat Security, Escaped To Britain by henchamb(m): 2:46am On Aug 16, 2014
strangest: He probably took the cameroonian or chadian borders

Did you read the post at all
Re: How Nyako Beat Security, Escaped To Britain by prophetone(m): 2:49am On Aug 16, 2014
strangest: He probably took the cameroonian or chadian borders
He must have tied the plane to the second camel as they crossed the scorching desert.

2 Likes

Re: How Nyako Beat Security, Escaped To Britain by AbuMaryam1(m): 2:57am On Aug 16, 2014
The last time I checked Nyako was a chief Naval staff. And a bloody civilian order for his arrest. I doubt if our security agent can't reveal the arrangements.
Re: How Nyako Beat Security, Escaped To Britain by Nobody: 4:20am On Aug 16, 2014
They knew he was leaving...they had to let him go. Why? Cos government in Nigeria is a paddy paddy arrangement.

Were Nyako to be favoured politically by the gods tomorrow, more than GEJ, he'd remember that the latter had powers to arrest him but didn't. He'd remember that GEJ let him enjoy his loot in peace. He'd blame his ordeal on the fact that the gods wanted him out at the time and has brought him back! Afterall, power comes from God.

Don't be suprised if GEJ and Nyako are talking on phone now; about the possible role Nyako would play in 2015.

5 Likes

Re: How Nyako Beat Security, Escaped To Britain by strangest(m): 4:21am On Aug 16, 2014
henchamb:

Did you read the post at all
thats just my own opinion abeg. the private jet thing may still be another hoax to discredit some people
Re: How Nyako Beat Security, Escaped To Britain by conyema12(m): 4:49am On Aug 16, 2014
From there he will join PDP and pledge his support to the power that be then he will come back untouched. .. Nigerian politics is very funny
Re: How Nyako Beat Security, Escaped To Britain by EasternLeopard: 6:07am On Aug 16, 2014
grin So he can't stand to face trial

Now who is the coward cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Nyako Beat Security, Escaped To Britain by fr3do(m): 6:25am On Aug 16, 2014
angry coward
Re: How Nyako Beat Security, Escaped To Britain by egbaguy: 10:11am On Aug 16, 2014
i am an apc apologist.......but believe me,an average hausa/fulani military personnel will rather die for d northern elite than be loyal to a non hausa/fulani president of nigeria. The only problem we av in nigeria are the Hausas/fulanis. Only if jona had performed well.....i wud av campaigned for him,even with my life

2 Likes

Re: How Nyako Beat Security, Escaped To Britain by iconize(m): 10:22am On Aug 16, 2014
Nyako didn't beat any security, he was simply allowed to flee.
Re: How Nyako Beat Security, Escaped To Britain by omenka(m): 10:34am On Aug 16, 2014
Edmanpumpin: The Feds are not really keen in arresting Nyako. If they were, trust me, he'd be in one of those wet and damp undergroud cell at DSS Yellow House or Mogadishu cantonments guard room meant for treason suspects. They sure know he was taking that flight bro.
You sound as though naija borders are water tight. Weren't they keen on arresting Ibori?? Didn't he still find his way out of the country??

That my dear is Nigeria!!

Remember this?

1 Like

Re: How Nyako Beat Security, Escaped To Britain by omenka(m): 10:37am On Aug 16, 2014
gratiaeo: APC criminals
Yeah, at least they arnt transvestites like your Oga's political benefactor and Lord!! gringrin

And this was one of the people the people of Bayelsa found worthy to represent them at the National Conference!!! Yet they wonder why the state is so backward!! gringrin

All hail Her Royal Majesty, Queen of the Delta, Deaconess DSP Alamieseigha!!! (OON, OFR, HIV, 419)

1 Like

Re: How Nyako Beat Security, Escaped To Britain by aurenflani: 1:41pm On Aug 16, 2014
EasternLeopard: grin So he can't stand to face trial

Now who is the coward cheesy

For what offence?
Re: How Nyako Beat Security, Escaped To Britain by aurenflani: 1:43pm On Aug 16, 2014
egbaguy: i am an apc apologist.......but believe me,an average hausa/fulani military personnel will rather die for d northern elite than be loyal to a non hausa/fulani president of nigeria. The only problem we av in nigeria are the Hausas/fulanis. Only if jona had performed well.....i wud av campaigned for him,even with my life

Your types are the problem of Nigeria.
Re: How Nyako Beat Security, Escaped To Britain by EasternLeopard: 1:59pm On Aug 16, 2014
aurenflani:

For what offence?

If he never committed any offence and he believes Nigerians are behind him, why not stand and face trial.
Re: How Nyako Beat Security, Escaped To Britain by duni04(m): 2:51pm On Aug 16, 2014
Edmanpumpin: The Feds are not really keen in arresting Nyako. If they were, trust me, he'd be in one of those wet and damp undergroud cell at DSS Yellow House or Mogadishu cantonments guard room meant for treason suspects. They sure know he was taking that flight bro.
You overestimate the capabilities of our security agencies and you underestimate the influence of money on our security agencies
Re: How Nyako Beat Security, Escaped To Britain by duni04(m): 2:53pm On Aug 16, 2014
EasternLeopard:

If he never committed any offence and he believes Nigerians are behind him, why not stand and face trial.
Abiola never committed any offence and Nigerians were behind him, remember how he died?
Re: How Nyako Beat Security, Escaped To Britain by suwailad(f): 2:56pm On Aug 16, 2014
Jona your cup don full.
Re: How Nyako Beat Security, Escaped To Britain by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 16, 2014
AbuMaryam1: The last time I checked Nyako was a chief Naval staff. And a bloody civilian order for his arrest. I doubt if our security agent can't reveal the arrangements.

You be mumu. Since when did your Commander-in-Chief, whose prerogative it is to hire and fire service chiefs, become a "bloody civilian"? Since when did the law enforcement agencies of the sovereign Nigerian State - such as the EFCC and DSS become "bloody civilians"? What exactly does the rètarded expression "bloody civilian" mean in this day and age? Some of you are still stuck with that primitive jackboot mentality of the pre-1999 years.

Wake up and smell the fucking coffee. The only "bloody" civilians in this age of democracy are the rag-tag terrorists in Sambisa Forest and Gwoza who are, unfortunately, more competent and battle-ready than you nitwits in uniform.

4 Likes

Re: How Nyako Beat Security, Escaped To Britain by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 16, 2014
thought those loud n high sounding apc saints got nothing to hide;thought they got no skeletons in their cupboards!
well that nyako shud b traced n crated,ya know.
Re: How Nyako Beat Security, Escaped To Britain by amakufrancis(m): 6:20pm On Aug 16, 2014
badt guy

gej don show am...
Re: How Nyako Beat Security, Escaped To Britain by juman(m): 6:23pm On Aug 16, 2014
He is still probably in abuja.
Re: How Nyako Beat Security, Escaped To Britain by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 16, 2014
egbaguy: i am an apc apologist.......but believe me,an average hausa/fulani military personnel will rather die for d northern elite than be loyal to a non hausa/fulani president of nigeria. The only problem we av in nigeria are the Hausas/fulanis. Only if jona had performed well.....i wud av campaigned for him,even with my life
U know this and still u and ur acn family are roping ur arsses behind da same ppl u know,we all know full well are naija's major problem! so much u traded all ur political rights,became acp and are nowhere to be found in da nass n at da fed executive!!! only God is gonna save southern naija not even only from those parasitic hausa/fulanis,but from fellow southern naija,da yorubas.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Speaker Yakubu Dogara Appoints Ex-pdp Rep, Jerry Manwe As Chief Of Staff / Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Warri, Rivers Have Overtaken SE In Commerce, Industry? / Nigerian Oil And Gas Industry Content Joint Qualification System By NCDMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.