Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,639 members, 7,820,238 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Akudaya:myth Or Reality? - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Akudaya:myth Or Reality? (65919 Views)

Is Money Ritual A Myth Or True? / Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by nutarious(f): 1:48pm On Nov 16, 2014
abdulwastecx:

what complete details?
I have read the quran, hadith, sira, book written by Muslim apologist etc and I haven't been able to see any meaningful truth ot any essential things there.... everything in those books of details are things that a 12 years old will laugh about.

1. check how god created even and earth in the quran
2. How pig and dog is forbidden but camel urine is great
3. how god placed mountain on earth to stabilized the earth.
4. How the sun set on a mouldy plain
5.How god only knows about plant and animal and fail to mention nothing about micro organisms that have more population than all other living things

God of those books only know what man can see ( even if it is illusion, like the heaven) and fail to know what a man can't see

Have followed ur post, you really wanna be convinced before you believe. Am into that more than you, people like us don't just beleive until we are convinced. I WAS once an atheist too, I beleive u when u said u v read both book, but just like you, we both read the bible for analysis and spiritual education. The quaran is a no go area, you can see Empire justifying rituals at this present age as a way of restituition for sin. The bible is a mere book when read like a mere book, that's y u will find it every where. But pls, pls pls do this for me, when ever you wanna read say this. Jesus I don't beleive you but pls make me beleive for I Crave for knowledge show me, then read ur bible. Do this often, u can never be more hungry than me. PLS do this b4 u say things cos God is no man. @Empire, lol. The Truth is that God created many things he owes us no explanation because he is the creator. jinn are categorized to demons and to trace their origin, one will have to go to that spiritual war that happened before the creation and setting of Man on Earth. PLS be careful, I can see u are a believer of their rhealm. Why did Africa experience more spiritual energy is no reason other than that our ancestors have been romancing this demons irrespective of Religion for too long(they shd be ignored) , they are always exalted this way for they are dominating spirit. So ones religion aint matters,they are always there but pls just ignore them, if u don't the more u go the more one gets dominated. Rasak slaps someone and he died, remember the consulter of the demons too is guity of murder by spiritual means. @op, it's very possible, bible gave account In elijah and john baptist. Samuel was consulted and he respondd. It's called spiritual Mysteries, no need to understand it cos one won't until when we die and is fully a spirit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by olukayraph(m): 2:14pm On Nov 16, 2014
Well, in my own and bible point of view is that, "It is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment" Heb 9: 27. So with this verse of the bible, it is fallacy.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by hollas2jnr(m): 2:38pm On Nov 16, 2014
As a christian... I believe 'Akudayas' are more or less 'Fallen Angels' and as someone already explained, they are the ones we tend to see when someone dies and re-appears to people around.
My not so personal encounter i've had with one was in Lagos, way back when i was still in secondary school and would visit my mum's shop after school.
Long story short, there's this man i was kinda acquainted with that had died and didn't get to know in time.
Meanwhile, due to me not knowing he's been dead all the while; i have been seeing him around as usual and atimes exchange pleasantaries not knowing the man had died several months back.
Unknowingly, while discussing with my mum on a day, i got to know this man i've been seeing around had been long dead and infact buried. It took me a while to believe we were actually discussing the same man simply because i've been seeing him around all the while... And to my surprise, I never saw him again!
So @OP, Akudaya exists o!
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 16, 2014
sandijey:

Thankyou. I just don't want to argue. But I tell whoever cares to listen God and Allah are 2 different entities. They are not the same at all. After I read who is this Allah by moshav. With hard facts. I am convinced that we do not and never worship the same God.

Secondly I opened this topic to learn and see if anyone has actually had the experience before it was hijacked by islamic fundamentalist telling useless and demonic stories. The op asked if anyone has heard or had the experience. The next thing it was turned into something else and I saw some post about jesus made by some muslims. This thread would end up being closed cus it has lost the original reason for its creation and it will turn into a religious bashing thread.

Thanks bro, this is an interesting topic but derailed by someGodKnowsWho religious who made the topic boring

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Anwasia(m): 2:50pm On Nov 16, 2014
Op they are real.
I see them everyday of my life since I turned 15. I am now 32 and still see them.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 16, 2014
Anwasia:
Op they are real.
I see them everyday of my life since I turned 15. I am now 32 and still see them.

Would you please share some experiences.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Anwasia(m): 3:35pm On Nov 16, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]
TheCongo:

Would you please share some experiences.

The living dead are not the only thing out there.

Someday I will create a topic for that.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 16, 2014
Empiree:
Akudaya: Myth or Reality?

What is Akudaya?
It simply means incarnation or reincarnation.

Myth or Reality?
Both

Explain please:
It is a myth because when a person dies he(or she) does not come back to life(world). He(or she) can no longer be seen.
How then is it real. But we hear stories about them. So?. Jinn(Alujonu) at work. They take form of dead people. They could take form of your grandfather that died longtime ago and people who know your grandfather will confirm seeing him. In short, the reality is 'he' is seen. The myth is the person seen is not your real grandfather. You can get deep sense of this in Islam. When someone dies, that's it. The person is dead for real whether natural death or murdered.
Jinns reside in dirty, filthy places, like bathroom, filthy uncompleted building. That's why it's advisable to wear clothe to cover private part when taking shower. Cover yourself with blanket (etc) during intercourse. Don't be scared now. They don't necessarily reside in all dirty bathrooms or places. Jinns are endowed with supernatural perception. They lodge where they can see human but human beings can not see them. They can see you taking shower, having intercourse etc. Most of them are liars. Never take their words seriously. In a nutshell, if you see "Akudaya", a relative, he or she is not your relative so long as the person is dead. Hope this answer your question. See if you can find useful info in this link.
https://www.nairaland.com/209195/islam-exorcism
Very very interesting/weird/scary.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 16, 2014
Anwasia:
[color=#006600][/color]

The living dead are not the only thing out there.

Someday I will create a topic for that.

Com'on bro. I know that someday will never come. Why don't you share your experiences on this thread while we are at it.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Anwasia(m): 4:55pm On Nov 16, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]
TheCongo:

Com'on bro. I know that someday will never come. Why don't you share your experiences on this thread while we are at it.

My name is anwasia
I see the dead and things that are not of this world. It all started on my 15th birthday
After a very near death experience

The living dead are among us
And there are other creatures that are neither dead nor living. Creatures that are not of this world.

The dead don't speak for this I don' know why. Some are as old as time some as resent as tomorrow

My ability to see and interact with the dead is a blessing and a curse to me.

Someday I will tell you my story.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by kennyslim1(m): 5:25pm On Nov 16, 2014
Anwasia:
[color=#006600][/color]

My name is anwasia
I see the dead and things that are not of this world. It all started on my 15th birthday
After a very near death experience

The living dead are among us
And there are other creatures that are neither dead nor living. Creatures that are not of this world.

The dead don't speak for this I don' know why. Some are as old as time some as resent as tomorrow

My ability to see and interact with the dead is a blessing and a curse to me.

Someday I will tell you my story.

someday this year or when?
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Anwasia(m): 5:30pm On Nov 16, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]
kennyslim1:

someday this year or when?

Hopefully this year.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by marvelito: 5:57pm On Nov 16, 2014
abdulwastecx:

I don't believe. ..pictures or I don't believe
lol. Go ask google for picture na.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by slogozer(m): 5:57pm On Nov 16, 2014
hollas2jnr:
As a christian... I believe 'Akudayas' are more or less 'Fallen Angels' and as someone already explained, they are the ones we tend to see when someone dies and re-appears to people around.
My not so personal encounter i've had with one was in Lagos, way back when i was still in secondary school and would visit my mum's shop after school.
Long story short, there's this man i was kinda acquainted with that had died and didn't get to know in time.
Meanwhile, due to me not knowing he's been dead all the while; i have been seeing him around as usual and atimes exchange pleasantaries not knowing the man had died several months back.
Unknowingly, while discussing with my mum on a day, i got to know this man i've been seeing around had been long dead and infact buried. It took me a while to believe we were actually discussing the same man simply because i've been seeing him around all the while... And to my surprise, I never saw him again!
So @OP, Akudaya exists o!

Excuse me Sir, kindly help with the below. I am not trying to ridicule you but from your reply to them we will be able to help one another.

1.Is this person a friend, neighbour, acquitance, school mate or childhood friend?
2.Where did it happen (location e.g. Lagos)?
3.What is the name of the person?
4.When you met him SEVERALLY, did you have witnesses even if it is in a shop?
5.How old were you then and how long ago did this happen?
6.Can you confirm with your mum when the man died and if possible confirm it is not a look-alike scenario?

I may not exactly dispute the event because the devil can fake a lot of things to prove points why people don't need to give your life to Jesus. The devil gives hope that there is life on earth after death only that it is in another location. But most of the stories like this I have heard are always someone said but in your case it seems to be a first hand information, hence my interest.

But the truth is as others have quoted, Hebrews 9:27 That it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this judgment.
But may I tell you that indeed life is just a transition phase. The Soul we possess trully is never dying. We leave the earthly realm to the Celestial realm- HEAVEN or HELL.

Our choice of accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour is the sole condition to be a citizen of his kingdom John 14:6; 1:12
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by CHUKSKALIDONN: 6:02pm On Nov 16, 2014
Yunus2012:
[color=#000099][/color]

That's your prerogative. If a religion is said to be a way of life, you naturally expected it to resolve all issues relating to living. If you decide to belie it that's your issue. weather you like it or this phenomenon is part of living on this world and Islam had given the completed details about it. its left to you, your reasoning and free will.
Islam's account of akudaya is messed up.....I have my argument ready.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Jamo90: 6:04pm On Nov 16, 2014
Empiree:
walaikum salam. how are you?

I'm fine. I'd like to discuss some personal issues with you. And I'd like you to give me some piece Of advice but I can't type all that here. Should I send you my email or which means of communication do you prefer? Please help a brother. I'll be waiting for your reply.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Empiree: 7:55pm On Nov 16, 2014
Alright fellows, let me be very clear. I think some people here misunderstood my stand (Muslims) on "Akudaya". We simply believe that if someone you know dies he is dead. This is our belief as muslims. The idea that someone sees decease elsewhere is simply illusion and fallacy. They always claim that the decease disappears upon sighting presence of relative. I personal belief there is possibility of that. But the point is your dead relative you saw in another town is not him/her.

We say that it's Jinn at work, taking form to create illusion and confusion. If deceased is truly he/she shouldn't have to disappear. He/she would stay and proof himself/herself. There is no need for repetition as to who and what Jinn are capable of doing. They already described by some muslims above.

As for interjecting religion into this, I'd apologized to op in the beginning because being muslim, it's only make sense for me to explain the theory from islamic perspectives and Op doesnt complain. As for those who want my story continues, you can check out the link where I narrate a little further but it's neither complete nor comprehensive 100% in that thread. Remember though, that I am only narrating a story. No one should hold me responsible should you feel uncomfortable. Also those who think the whole thing about Jinn possession is nonsense, maybe you should check YouTube about Jinn possession and ruqya (resolution) for it. https://www.nairaland.com/1116143/jinn-stories/4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsvBJFAFBJ8
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Empiree: 8:09pm On Nov 16, 2014
[quote author=Appswheel post=28059704][/quote]
Empiree you have made this post engaging. i see u are vast on this subject. I have a question for you,
why would a jin want to take another persons form? n have a knowledge about the persons history, know his family etc such that e disappears wwhen they approach.

Usually those are evil Jinn. They do that for reason best known to them. It could be out of jealousy, or simply evil intent. Yes, Jinn are capable of obtaining divine info. For example, if you consult a fortune teller, he consults jinn and jinn eavesdrops divine conversation from heaven and relate it to fortune teller. In Islam, this is unlawful. Check out more on them here https://www.nairaland.com/1116143/jinn-stories
https://www.nairaland.com/1963721/how-get-rid-jinn
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by UnknownT: 9:55pm On Nov 16, 2014
The one i heard is that for the soul to remain perpetually in this earth, the person will have to be cut with a sharp object, once blood flows out, the person can never disappear again! Someone should confirm plsgrin
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by PenSniper: 5:40am On Nov 17, 2014
Empiree:

It's funny how Christians, Pagans and Atheists would damn Islam and Muslims, yet many of your (you folks) topics and posts always have to do with Islam or Muslims. You guys are so obsessed with Islam. That's not by accident though. It's sign of Islam claim to truth. Which religion do you subscribe to?

Rubbish. Islam is a jumble of beliefs and thoughts founded on astrology.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by abdulwastecx(m): 5:52am On Nov 17, 2014
Empiree:
Alright fellows, let me be very clear. I think some people here misunderstood my stand (Muslims) on "Akudaya". We simply believe that if someone you know dies he is dead. This is our belief as muslims. The idea that someone sees decease elsewhere is simply illusion and fallacy. They always claim that the decease disappears upon sighting presence of relative. I personal belief there is possibility of that. But the point is your dead relative you saw in another town is not him/her.

We say that it's Jinn at work, taking form to create illusion and confusion. If deceased is truly he/she shouldn't have to disappear. He/she would stay and proof himself/herself. There is no need for repetition as to who and what Jinn are capable of doing. They already described by some muslims above.

As for interjecting religion into this, I'd apologized to op in the beginning because being muslim, it's only make sense for me to explain the theory from islamic perspectives and Op doesnt complain. As for those who want my story continues, you can check out the link where I narrate a little further but it's neither complete nor comprehensive 100% in that thread. Remember though, that I am only narrating a story. No one should hold me responsible should you feel uncomfortable. Also those who think the whole thing about Jinn possession is nonsense, maybe you should check YouTube about Jinn possession and ruqya (resolution) for it. https://www.nairaland.com/1116143/jinn-stories/4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsvBJFAFBJ8

ou believe that a deceased person saw by a relative is an illusion while the person in him is a jin because it was written in a book you believe in....where is the logic in that statement. it is easier to believe the peraon that says it is the dead person taking another form than to belive in your own tale.....btw both of you are wrong, no jin and no akudaya. when you die you are dead, no life before death and no life after death, no milk, no virgin etx
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by abdulwastecx(m): 5:58am On Nov 17, 2014
PenSniper:

Rubbish. Islam is a jumble of beliefs and thoughts founded on astrology.

They know nothing an astrology....it is actually based on some nomads, living in a very harsh condition and one of them at age 40 decided to visit a cave and started putting a believe system based on what he observed and heard. A system that will make him get all the women he ever lust for, all the wealth he ever wanted and all the political power he ever wanted. He was successful in getting that to those primitive

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Empiree: 6:51am On Nov 17, 2014
the video you commented on is not Akudaya. its jinn possession. Anything else is your opinion. sorry
abdulwastecx:

ou believe that a deceased person saw by a relative is an illusion while the person in him is a jin because it was written in a book you believe in....where is the logic in that statement. it is easier to believe the peraon that says it is the dead person taking another form than to belive in your own tale.....btw both of you are wrong, no jin and no akudaya. when you die you are dead, no life before death and no life after death, no milk, no virgin etx
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by rhymz(m): 8:16am On Nov 17, 2014
nutarious:

Have followed ur post, you really wanna be convinced before you believe. Am into that more than you, people like us don't just beleive until we are convinced. I WAS once an atheist too, I beleive u when u said u v read both book, but just like you, we both read the bible for analysis and spiritual education. The quaran is a no go area, you can see Empire justifying rituals at this present age as a way of restituition for sin. The bible is a mere book when read like a mere book, that's y u will find it every where. But pls, pls pls do this for me, when ever you wanna read say this. Jesus I don't beleive you but pls make me beleive for I Crave for knowledge show me, then read ur bible. Do this often, u can never be more hungry than me. PLS do this b4 u say things cos God is no man. @Empire, lol. The Truth is that God created many things he owes us no explanation because he is the creator. jinn are categorized to demons and to trace their origin, one will have to go to that spiritual war that happened before the creation and setting of Man on Earth. PLS be careful, I can see u are a believer of their rhealm. Why did Africa experience more spiritual energy is no reason other than that our ancestors have been romancing this demons irrespective of Religion for too long(they shd be ignored) , they are always exalted this way for they are dominating spirit. So ones religion aint matters,they are always there but pls just ignore them, if u don't the more u go the more one gets dominated. Rasak slaps someone and he died, remember the consulter of the demons too is guity of murder by spiritual means. @op, it's very possible, bible gave account In elijah and john baptist. Samuel was consulted and he respondd. It's called spiritual Mysteries, no need to understand it cos one won't until when we die and is fully a spirit.
bullshyte...... The Bible is not any different from the Koran....... There is nothing inerrant about it, it is full of inconsistencies and concocted gnostic religious practices indulged by the people of the era....... Paul knew too well to smuggle it into new testament and caused more confusion as to who is the founder of today's Christianity, Jesus Christ or Paul that hinges faith in God as opposed to good works as a way to Heaven and righteousness. Christianity is full of plagiarism and so should not even accuse later religions of copying when the Bible is rife with early gnostic and hellenistic religious litany and literature, not to talk of the stolen Jewish concept of a messiah. Abeg relax jor, no religion in this world is fool-proof to withstand serious intellectual scrutiny and don't be talking about reading the Bible with spiritual eyes, you and I know that is a Christian mumbo-jumbo way of saying leave the facts and just believe the incredibly dumb lies.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by rhymz(m): 8:23am On Nov 17, 2014
abdulwastecx:

They know nothing an astrology....it is actually based on some nomads, living in a very harsh condition and one of them at age 40 decided to visit a cave and started putting a believe system based on what he observed and heard. A system that will make him get all the women he ever lust for, all the wealth he ever wanted and all the political power he ever wanted. He was successful in getting that to those primitive
The fact is that every religion is based on astrological concepts, that is why you see all Stars, the moon, the lightning and all in all the religious symbols from Christianity to Islam to our traditional religions which I prefer to today's organized religions causing havoc in the world. Religion is man made and there is nothing Godly about it, it is just man's way of justifying his answers to mysterious questions he has not been able fathom.

2 Likes

Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by iamord(m): 9:04am On Nov 17, 2014
rhymz:
bullshyte...... The Bible is not any different from the Koran....... There is nothing inerrant about it, it is full of inconsistencies and concocted gnostic religious practices indulged by the people of the era....... Paul knew too well to smuggle it into new testament and caused more confusion as to who is the founder of today's Christianity, Jesus Christ or Paul that hinges faith in God as opposed to good works as a way to Heaven and righteousness. Christianity is full of plagiarism and so should not even accuse later religions of copying when the Bible is rife with early gnostic and hellenistic religious litany and literature, not to talk of the stolen Jewish concept of a messiah. Abeg relax jor, no religion in this world is fool-proof to withstand serious intellectual scrutiny and don't be talking about reading the Bible with spiritual eyes, you and I know that is a Christian mumbo-jumbo way of saying leave the facts and just believe the incredibly dumb lies.

793 billion likes !!!!
A lot of hypocrites try to score some better than thou religious points not knowing that their religions are also filled with plagiarisms. From ancient eastern religions. From the story of adam to the story of noah to the flooding to jesus christ.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by bright8(m): 9:37am On Nov 17, 2014
The Bible/Christians say it is appointed unto a man to die once and after that, judgment. Now Lazarus had been dead for 4 days. Where did Jesus call him out from? Hell? Heaven? After judgment? To be judged again when he eventually dies again?
The truth is that the world is full of mysteries. Don’t even try to understand everything and don’t doubt everything.

1 Like

Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by jojotemitopaz(m): 9:49am On Nov 17, 2014
abdulwastecx:

You really need to read into history objectively, contrary to your opinion, The Quran was the source of a major astrological correction of the Earth being flat where as the earth was oval shapped, this paved the way to correct the months which used to be 10 months being corrected to 12 months, the bane of mordern day arithmetic originated from islamic Scholars who were great scientists,...Algebra, Algorithm etc, mordern medicine was not left out...read on Absinia...those who study medicine should know his history...contrary to ur understanding God Challenges any one to do tje research and see if they can match that genieness. Based on this trust some dod n verified it and dat paved way for better learning and reaearch...read this history properly n onjectively pls. Till today ots not everything that can easily be comprehended by the human brain...u want to prove if Heaven exist or not...id sugest you start by showing the word the proof of all your dreams when you sleep and probably a prediction of what next you would dream about...if you truely read the Quran chronologically as u claimed u did im sure u would understand wat I say but im sure u didnt but just picked up a few verses n chapters to drive home your points that why u claim u have read it all...trust me if u did read it ALLwith an open mind ud understand better
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by gbadexy(m): 10:03am On Nov 17, 2014
@empiree
I can just recollect something from the conversation I had with the elder (agba) then.
The man said there are the white, red and black witches that God gave powers.
The white has the powers of the 3 because God tested them and only the white said he would help with his powers. That the red witch which is the most notorious likes blood and sometimes when it needs blood, they just throw cars away on highway and when the corpse are observed, little blood is seen at the accident site.
This reminds me of the part you said the alfa kills big rams so that his blood and that of his daughter won't dry.
The man believes there are angels which the white witches take prayers to, their are jinns (Aje), man and deities.
But now I know there are only angels, jinns and man. The rawaniya you did mention is most likely the red jinns with the need to appease with blood and not the Yasin that's drying blood. If it were to be Yasin that dries blood, I would be wary and re evaluate my relationship with the faith.
As it is, venturing into such spiritual avenue is very dangerous. I don't need to mention its haram. Its the red jinns that are actually responsible for helping with money and you still wonder how he doesn't go out to work and yet married many wives with large family.
The man I was opportuned to interact with was my good friend's uncle and is late now but I did enjoy interactions with him because he was also an architect if memory serves me well and had a liberal and informed view but even he too admitted that dealing with those jinns is dicey because they are double edged swords that can swing both ways.
I will pass on any of those things with benefit of hindsight.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by abdulwastecx(m): 11:01am On Nov 17, 2014
jojotemitopaz:

You really need to read into history objectively, contrary to your opinion, The Quran was the source of a major astrological correction of the Earth being flat where as the earth was oval shapped, this paved the way to correct the months which used to be 10 months being corrected to 12 months, the bane of mordern day arithmetic originated from islamic Scholars who were great scientists,...Algebra, Algorithm etc, mordern medicine was not left out...read on Absinia...those who study medicine should know his history...contrary to ur understanding God Challenges any one to do tje research and see if they can match that genieness. Based on this trust some dod n verified it and dat paved way for better learning and reaearch...read this history properly n onjectively pls. Till today ots not everything that can easily be comprehended by the human brain...u want to prove if Heaven exist or not...id sugest you start by showing the word the proof of all your dreams when you sleep and probably a prediction of what next you would dream about...if you truely read the Quran chronologically as u claimed u did im sure u would understand wat I say but im sure u didnt but just picked up a few verses n chapters to drive home your points that why u claim u have read it all...trust me if u did read it ALLwith an open mind ud understand better

please don't get me started on the position of Quran about the shape of the earth. what do you people think when someone disagree with things that are not logical?
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by abdulwastecx(m): 11:22am On Nov 17, 2014
jojotemitopaz:

I had read into history and I have been able to come up with the follwing:

36:38 “And the sun runs his course for a period
determined for him: that is the decree of (Him),
the Exalted in Might, the All-Knowing. 36:39 And
the Moon, — We have measured for her mansions
(to traverse) till she returns like the old (and
withered) lower part of a date-stalk. 36:40 It is
not permitted to the Sun to catch up the
Moon , nor can the Night outstrip the Day; each
(just) swims along in (its own) orbit (according to
Law).”

What? “It is not permitted to the Sun to catch up
the Moon?” The above verse is either ridiculous or
wrong, depending on whether we try to understand it from the modern perspective or from the Bedouins’ ( arabs) perspective, respectively.

Here is why:
From the modern perspective, to say that
the Sun tries to catch up the Moon (but is
not permitted to do so) is laughably naïve.
The Moon’s orbit around the Earth has no
overlap with the Sun’s location in space,
since the Moon orbits the Earth once in
around 27.3 days (the “sidereal month”),
and the system Earth–Moon orbits the Sun
once per year (see diagram).
The orbit of the Moon (gray) around the
Earth’s orbit (blue circle) and around the
Sun (red, center).
Note: not drawn to scale, and also the Moon
completes approximately 13 turns in a year,
not exactly 13.
Observation from this diagram: to say that
the Sun, in reality, “tries to catch up the
Moon”, makes no sense at all.
So, because according to what we know today it is
just plain stupid to say that the Sun tries to
catch up the Moon, there is only one possibility:

that verse 36:40 was said that way for the
Bedouins to make some sense of it. But in that
case,... it’s wrong again!
From the Bedouin’s perspective, seeing the
Sun and Moon cruising on the (nonexistent)
dome of the “heaven” (the sky), it made
some sense to think that the Sun might try
to catch up the Moon, and is not permitted
by Allah. But that idea is wrong, too,
because that’s exactly what happens during
a solar eclipse: the Sun catches up the Moon!
Oh, no! The Sun caught up the Moon! (Or the
Moon caught up the Sun, depending on your
perspective.)
It happens every once in a while, contrary to
what Allah (or was it Muhammad?) boasted
about in verse 36:40 , and it’s called a solar
eclipse !
Now, part of our data is that ancient peoples did
not understand what happens during a solar
eclipse. They thought that the Sun simply darkens,
and they panicked. The ancient Greek historian
Herodotus describes how two ancient armies, the
Lydians and the Medians, stopped fighting and
agreed to make peace, terrified during a solar
eclipse that took place while they were engaged in
battle (Herodotus: Histories, Book 1, §74). Ancient
people could not understand that the dark region
of the Sun during an eclipse is the Moon, which the
Sun “catches up” and overtakes from the viewpoint
of the observer on the Earth, contrary to the
claim of verse 36:40 .

so you think such book should be trusted with my life

1 Like

Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Philipsdael(m): 12:22pm On Nov 17, 2014
Empiree:
Akudaya: Myth or Reality?

What is Akudaya?
It simply means incarnation or reincarnation.

Myth or Reality?
Both

Explain please:
It is a myth because when a person dies he(or she) does not come back to life(world). He(or she) can no longer be seen.
How then is it real. But we hear stories about them. So?. Jinn(Alujonu) at work. They take form of dead people. They could take form of your grandfather that died longtime ago and people who know your grandfather will confirm seeing him. In short, the reality is 'he' is seen. The myth is the person seen is not your real grandfather. You can get deep sense of this in Islam. When someone dies, that's it. The person is dead for real whether natural death or murdered.
Jinns reside in dirty, filthy places, like bathroom, filthy uncompleted building. That's why it's advisable to wear clothe to cover private part when taking shower. Cover yourself with blanket (etc) during intercourse. Don't be scared now. They don't necessarily reside in all dirty bathrooms or places. Jinns are endowed with supernatural perception. They lodge where they can see human but human beings can not see them. They can see you taking shower, having intercourse etc. Most of them are liars. Never take their words seriously. In a nutshell, if you see "Akudaya", a relative, he or she is not your relative so long as the person is dead. Hope this answer your question. See if you can find useful info in this link.
https://www.nairaland.com/209195/islam-exorcism
hmmm i can see where the reincarnated Jesus came from

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

CAC Abule-Ijesha Members Fight As Pastor Is Thrown Out Of Church In Lagos / Benny Hinn At Ayo Oritsejafor's Church In Warri. Photos / One Word For This Pastor. Picture.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.