Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,832 members, 7,817,432 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Akudaya:myth Or Reality? - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Akudaya:myth Or Reality? (65857 Views)

Is Money Ritual A Myth Or True? / Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by gbadexy(m): 5:37pm On Nov 18, 2014
macof:

Good finally a reasonable person answers me
U nt exactly correct tho
Aje are spirits that can be manipulated by anyone through ordinary prayer
Witches themselves are possessed with Aje of the black energy (black doesn't mean evil) but I don't see any similarity with ur Arabic Jinns

Your know nothing of Yoruba traditions and spirituality. We honor the creator which we call Olodumare, Olodumare is made manifest through these deities, you can't get all of Olodumare in one place, it's only in bits, this bits are the Irunmole (sometimes mythically as Orisha), wat do u think the white Aje represent? It represents Obatala or is it Ori? Sorry am nt sure
But my point is Obatala created humans and Ori holds human(actually all things nt jst humans) destiny and spiritual prowess
I have seen places where Obatala is referred as the owner of human Ori until u get initiated into another cult
So am a little confused on the white aje, but am sure it's nt Ifa
My friend believe me ifa is actually jinns. Its the type awo funfun uses. That's why people that follows any of those dieties represented with white or white garment churches are prevented from wearing red or black which are symbols of the other types of jinns (aje).
Ifa initiates are basically given their own ifa (white jinns) that relates with them and they care for.
Its the same ways the evil witches are attached to the red or black jinns.
Yorubas may not know of the word jinn but these forces are the jinns as described in islam.
Even those that have osanyins make use of jinns. Recall someone said here earlier that the jinns communicate through vision or sound without actyally seeing them.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Jarus(m): 5:51pm On Nov 18, 2014
Ojisik:
But wait,I have a question. "Why should a jinn or alujonu take the form of a person and go on living the person's life instead of wrecking havoc (isn't that what demons do?) everywhere? Or why don't they fulfill some desires which they may have had but couldn't perform because of their spirit form,e.g.: sex with the opposite gender or something?

Why do they always live the lives that the previous owner of the body was living?

That's why Islamic scholars are usually reluctant to translate Jinn into English as demon.

Jinn are not necessarily to do evil. They have freewill to do good or bad like man. That's a major difference between then and Angels who don't have freewill but totally obey God.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by odave: 8:06pm On Nov 18, 2014
Empiree:
okay, many sent me email from this thread. just trying to sort out each. urs is talk2olu right?

Na me b dt, you didn't reply me
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Empiree: 10:13pm On Nov 18, 2014
odave:

Na me b dt, you didn't reply me
okay. i think i saw that. Just been busy. So you may want to be patient. @odave, maybe you join us on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1116143/jinn-stories/6#down

gbadexy, with respect to this,
I would like for those to be explained too. I know emere's are people possessed by jinns, mostly the red mischievous ones. They somehow co habit the hosts body.
I doubt if there is truly iwin and ebgere lol! But if they exist, they should be variants of jinns.
Empiree any explanation about emeres?

I will not deny their existence. I think they are receding. It's difficult to find them now. Most likely in remote places or primitive counties(rural). I think Egbere is the one that carries mat, right?. That one we saw in the early 90s on a narrow bushy path behind a gently man. We shouted Egbere! the man ran and Egbere also picked raise at diff directions. You see, the thing is Quran sums things up a lot. Lots of creations that are not mentioned by name created by Allah. I believe those visible ones are receding. I think version of them are UFOs in the West, and also people in the West have reported sighting unusual creatures many times, usually bushy areas. Wallahu Alam
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by gbadexy(m): 7:18am On Nov 19, 2014
Empiree:
okay. i think i saw that. Just been busy. So you may want to be patient. @odave, maybe you join us on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1116143/jinn-stories/6#down

gbadexy, with respect to this,

I will not deny their existence. I think they are receding. It's difficult to find them now. Most likely in remote places or primitive counties(rural). I think Egbere is the one that carries mat, right?. That one we saw in the early 90s on a narrow bushy path behind a gently man. We shouted Egbere! the man ran and Egbere also picked raise at diff directions. You see, the thing is Quran sums things up a lot. Lots of creations that are not mentioned by name created by Allah. I believe those visible ones are receding. I think version of them are UFOs in the West, and also people in the West have reported sighting unusual creatures many times, usually bushy areas. Wallahu Alam
I agree with you with the example of UFO you gave.
What I read in the Quran is the Lord of man, jinns and ALL that exists.
Irrespective of what some scholars may think, I do believe there are other creatures outside of our planet. The whole universe is too vast for life to be on only our planet.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by CHUKSKALIDONN: 7:18pm On Nov 19, 2014
gbadexy:

Irrespective of what some scholars may think, I do believe there are other creatures outside of our planet. The whole universe is too vast for life to be on only our planet.
Once the soul assumes into a body, it becomes imprisoned by it. The soul is incapable of physicality by itself thus needs a body for physically but the arguments of reason and that of Plato suggests that the soul is tortured and imprisoned by the body thus rendering it still and inactive...if the soul(spirit) can actually posses a body and become active then all human beings are in one way or the other a spirit.......there is nothing like jinn....a soul is a soul and a body is a body. If a soul possesses a body it becomes imprisoned by it as on humans.......thanks
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by gbadexy(m): 8:04pm On Nov 19, 2014
CHUKSKALIDONN:

Once the soul assumes into a body, it becomes imprisoned by it. The soul is incapable of physicality by itself thus needs a body for physically but the arguments of reason and that of Plato suggests that the soul is tortured and imprisoned by the body thus rendering it still and inactive...if the soul(spirit) can actually posses a body and become active then all human beings are in one way or the other a spirit.......there is nothing like jinn....a soul is a soul and a body is a body. If a soul possesses a body it becomes imprisoned by it as on humans.......thanks
There are jinns. I know what I'm talking about. I'm not speaking on hearsay or my opinion of how I feel life should be. You can ask spiritual elders. I assume you are a traditionalist, then talk to your elders that are enlightened.
However I do share your opinion of the body limiting the soul. Once the soul is free of the body, it can do supernatural things the jinns can do.
I may not know more about the deities of traditional worships but while I was still a student in lasu and coupled with the accompanying youthful exuberance, I've had access to what very few I've had courtesy of an uncle of a very close friend who I think wad an apena or so and is also a saint of some society. Fashy the knowledge of history of the deities.
Your elders may know there are forces but do not know how to relate it with jinns having not been exposed to knowledge about them from other sources.
The exposure I've had makes me appreciate Islam, the platform I worship my creator more.

1 Like

Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Empiree: 10:28pm On Nov 19, 2014
gbadexy:

bold is what many dont seem to understand including many muslims. They say if Allah does not mention names of certain creatures in the Quran nor mentioned in the hadith, then, it's non existence. This is lazy man methodology. We say there are plenty of other creatures that are visible and invisible. Even few months ago scientists are saying we are not alone on this planet. Do those people have to wait for modern science to confirm these before they recognize facts in bold?^

Quran also speaks of evils that are created by God. Sura 113, 114 etc are example of that. Those evils dont have to be human. They are tests and trials for man. It's common sense.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by nutarious(f): 2:52am On Nov 20, 2014
rhymz:
the difference between you and I is the fact that I do not attribute inexplicable phenomenon to some sky daddy hanging up no where. Sure there is a supernatural force that governs this universe, what I will continue to disagree is the fact that it an entity represented by religious interpretation, I will rather go with the results and some of the logical explanations of science than the personal religious claims of the founders of any religion.

The fact that these many religions have different interpretations,conflicting reports of the divine revelations and most times, outright denial of each other's competing God's is all testament to the fact that God is actually a man's creation and not the phenomenal force that science logically describes as to our existence. Tryst me lady, I am not confused in my convictions, I do not need to have experience outside of the human realm or what is humanly perceptible to hold my beliefs.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by nutarious(f): 2:54am On Nov 20, 2014
rhymz:
the difference between you and I is the fact that I do not attribute inexplicable phenomenon to some sky daddy hanging up no where. Sure there is a supernatural force that governs this universe, what I will continue to disagree is the fact that it an entity represented by religious interpretation, I will rather go with the results and some of the logical explanations of science than the personal religious claims of the founders of any religion.

The fact that these many religions have different interpretations,conflicting reports of the divine revelations and most times, outright denial of each other's competing God's is all testament to the fact that God is actually a man's creation and not the phenomenal force that science logically describes as to our existence. Tryst me lady, I am not confused in my convictions, I do not need to have experience outside of the human realm or what is humanly perceptible to hold my beliefs.

Am a scientist too, where has science ever proven or agree to supernatutal forces. Except if u mean aliens Ifo, agreed that religion throws up some interpretation beyond our rhealm but the fact really is it's the closest in explaining the world of the unseen and the genesis of the planet Earth except you beleive in the big bang theorem that alone is worse interpretation to the accounts of Religion. My point is, you beleive there are supernatutal forces and powers beyond our imagination yet you don't wanna beleive there Is a possibility for the supernatutal to have a highest ranking just like the physical world would have a preciding president. That's would be unbeleivable of you, first to hold sway in ur argument you can't afford to beleive in supernatutal powers cos it will always bring up the fact that the supernatutal world is been governed and ruled too.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Philipsdael(m): 2:41pm On Nov 20, 2014
What can we say about people that were pronounce dead...(no heart-beat, no pulse) allofasudden, the dead comes back alive.
Eg.
Fela.
Nnamdi Azikiwe
and many others that i've read on newspaper and watch on NTA newsline.
Is it possible that they were possessed by Jinn.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Empiree: 6:38pm On Nov 20, 2014
^^ that's unconsciousness....not "akudaya".
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Empiree: 12:12am On Nov 22, 2014
jomoh:

Please can I get Alhaji Issa Akindele's number from u. If not please can u help me get it. I really have been looking to get his number for someone close to me in a very long time.
I dont know who he is, sorry
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Wealthyone: 9:09pm On Nov 23, 2014
Empiree:

Jinns speak any language in the environment they are. I dont think it's appropriate to call them spirit. The word is too loose. Angels are called spirit. Human soul is also called. It's safe to call them "supernatural beings" in the sense that we cant see them. They live longer than human beings. Some of them live as low as 2000yrs old. Some live longer. They live among human in their own planet(Sammawat). That is, different dimension of space and time.
I am sorry there is no way i can describe this without a bit of religious sentiment. So please pardon me. Qur'an says that 1000 yrs is 1 day with God, 50yrs is one day with God etc. This means different sammwat(planet is close definition). Their planet is within the human earth. I wish i can explain better. There is a Yoruba movie titled "Aiye Tuntun"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAdn40JKM9c . The movie gives a clue about sammawat. So Jinns live among us but in their own sammawat where we cant see them. I tried to explain this.

I tried to download this movie few days ago when u made this comment. Unfortunately, network was poor n the download failed. The good news is...the movie is showing @ the moment on African magic Yoruba and it's very interesting. Started some 40mins ago.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Empiree: 9:29pm On Nov 23, 2014
Okay now. Enojoy and let's hear what you think of it, sir.
Wealthyone:

I tried to download this movie few days ago when u made this comment. Unfortunately, network was poor n the download failed. The good news is...the movie is showing @ the moment on African magic Yoruba and it's very interesting. Started some 40mins ago.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Wealthyone: 10:42pm On Nov 23, 2014
Empiree:
Okay now. Enojoy and let's hear what you think of it, sir.

Well, the movie is very interesting n funny. Just like a story I've heard from sermons in masjid. Also looks like what science calls time travelling (which isn't real). Alhamdulilah for being a Muslima.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by CHUKSKALIDONN: 11:50pm On Nov 28, 2014
gbadexy:

There are jinns. I know what I'm talking about. I'm not speaking on hearsay or my opinion of how I feel life should be. You can ask spiritual elders. I assume you are a traditionalist, then talk to your elders that are enlightened.
However I do share your opinion of the body limiting the soul. Once the soul is free of the body, it can do supernatural things the jinns can do.
I may not know more about the deities of traditional worships but while I was still a student in lasu and coupled with the accompanying youthful exuberance, I've had access to what very few I've had courtesy of an uncle of a very close friend who I think wad an apena or so and is also a saint of some society. Fashy the knowledge of history of the deities.
Your elders may know there are forces but do not know how to relate it with jinns having not been exposed to knowledge about them from other sources.
The exposure I've had makes me appreciate Islam, the platform I worship my creator more.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Empiree: 4:58am On Dec 03, 2014
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by olarevo: 8:57am On Dec 03, 2014
Glad a followed this tread from page 1 and I have learned alot from it that I had to ask an elderly man working for me what he thinks or if he or someone he knows has had an experience, was shocked with his response as he said "..as a Muslim his religious beliefs will not make him admit Akudaya exist but he's had personal experience twice, the first time as a boy while he was hawking fried fish for his parents, a man who was about to buy from him was interrupted by another person who sent them both to the chief of their village to tell his people to exhume his corpse and bury him somewhere else because he is been beaten by the sun and they were sore afraid because they both know the man was long dead"....... Cut short they delivered the message and the corpse was exhumed and reburied. His second encounter was as a man when he lost his dad, he was far away in another village for work and did not know his dad was dead but saw him and they ate together and he even prayed and blessed him, he told him he was going to the next town so he decide to check him since the village was on route the town. He said when he got home and was told Baba was dead, he never believed until he saw his grave and he had frequent nightmare after till an alfa prayed for him.
I was shocked when i heard his tale.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by AlBaqir(m): 7:12pm On Aug 28, 2015
Empiree:
Akudaya: Myth or Reality?

What is Akudaya?
It simply means incarnation or reincarnation.

Myth or Reality?
Both

Explain please:
It is a myth because when a person dies he(or she) does not come back to life(world). He(or she) can no longer be seen.
How then is it real. But we hear stories about them. So?. Jinn(Alujonu) at work. They take form of dead people. They could take form of your grandfather that died longtime ago and people who know your grandfather will confirm seeing him. In short, the reality is 'he' is seen. The myth is the person seen is not your real grandfather. You can get deep sense of this in Islam. When someone dies, that's it. The person is dead for real whether natural death or murdered.
Jinns reside in dirty, filthy places, like bathroom, filthy uncompleted building. That's why it's advisable to wear clothe to cover private part when taking shower. Cover yourself with blanket (etc) during intercourse. Don't be scared now. They don't necessarily reside in all dirty bathrooms or places. Jinns are endowed with supernatural perception. They lodge where they can see human but human beings can not see them. They can see you taking shower, having intercourse etc. Most of them are liars. Never take their words seriously. In a nutshell, if you see "Akudaya", a relative, he or she is not your relative so long as the person is dead. Hope this answer your question. See if you can find useful info in this link.
https://www.nairaland.com/209195/islam-exorcism

Hmmmm....so many experiences brother and I concluded all can never be the work of the Jinn. And besides can Jinn take the form of human and get stable? Anyhow do you believe in Al-Raj'ah (the return)? That probably explains some. I already posted a thread on Al-Raj'ah. Allah knows best.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Empiree: 8:36pm On Aug 28, 2015
AlBaqir:

Hmmmm....so many experiences brother and I concluded all can never be the work of the Jinn. And besides can Jinn take the form of human and get stable? Anyhow do you believe in Al-Raj'ah (the return)? That probably explains some. I already posted a thread on Al-Raj'ah. Allah knows best.
You see brother, sometimes, we have to play "mainstream games". You know what that means. Folks react diffly to what's beyond their comprehension. You can see that clearly on "Jinn Stores" thread, A sheikh once said that Do Not Say Everything You Know In Public.

As for the Jinn, believe me, I watched a 3 hrs long YouTube video titled A Conversation Btw A Muslim And A Muslim Jinn. The brother said he had conversations with a muslim jin for hours. That the Jinn was so kind. He said while it's possible that Jinn can take form of human, it seldom happen. He said the Jinn said that it's very difficult for us(jinn) to take human form. And that it also depends on level of individual Jinn. So this kill the idea that everything is Jinn as we discussed in Jinn Stories thread.

However, the muslim jinn said they are capable of influencing human thought especially devil Jinn. That's very true actually. So my point is sometimes one needs to eschew. Allah's Grace is not confined to 'takada'
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Anas09: 10:17pm On Aug 31, 2015
The Muslims hijacked the thread. Am not suprised, they will know better, their prophet mohammed worked and interracted with Jinns all his ministry. Just that the Jins pretended to be Angels, and Satan pretended as the true God. So, go on and enlighten us muslims, we r learning.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Empiree: 10:42pm On Aug 31, 2015
Anas09:
The Muslims hijacked the thread. Am not suprised, they will know better, their prophet mohammed worked and interracted with Jinns all his ministry. Just that the Jins pretended to be Angels, and Satan pretended as the true God. So, go on and enlighten us muslims, we r learning.
Ogbeni, you have a lot to learn. Nothing wrong interacting with them. As a matter of fact they may initiate talks with human as well. They are around you 24/7. What may be problematic is to deliberately interfare with them for no reason or to want to take control of them. They live in their world and should be left alone.

And ofcourse prophet muhammad SAW was sent to them as well. He delivered message of Islam to the Jinns. Therefore, nabi Muhammad SAW was prophet of humanity. (Sura Anbiyaa 107)

Everything else you said is utter rubbish.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 19, 2016
Empiree:
Mostly Yasin and various duas. Yasin is a very poweful dua. One needs to have money to buy at least goat. If possible Ram and Cow will be a lot better. Otherwise Surah Yasin, if recited a lot can sucks your blood. That is a sign of 'gbigba adua'. That's why till this moment especially in Ramadan he buys 3 big Rams. Each for 10days of Ramadan. There was a time he was broke back in the 70s but he loves keeping livestock (chickens). Thats back up just in case. He was broke when Surah Yasin started to pick. Most of his livestock are found dead very early in the morning. They dried.

As regards the underlined, i leave you with the second verse of suratu taha;

"mā anzalna `alaykal Qur'āna li tashqā"

"We did not revealed the Quran to you to cause you distress/harm/problems"
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Empiree: 5:42pm On Aug 19, 2016
lexiconkabir:

As regards the underlined, i leave you with the second verse of suratu taha;

"mā anzalna `alaykal Qur'āna li tashqā"

"We did not revealed the Quran to you to cause you distress/harm/problems"
You would see stuff like this in Sahih ahadith akhi
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 19, 2016
Empiree:
You would see stuff like this in Sahih ahadith akhi

Sahih ahadith? This is bizarre to me, if you could give us the references to these ahadith, we will be from amongst the grateful ones.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Empiree: 8:13pm On Aug 19, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Sahih ahadith? This is bizarre to me, if you could give us the references to these ahadith, we will be from amongst the grateful ones.
Actually, i really dont want to speak on this no more. This is not the right thread. You are better off check out "Jinn Stories" by tbaba. Besides, I am not too sure of your concern. I have two things in mind at the time of my reply. But my reply only addressed one which is concerning the ayah you quoted. That's the one I meant by my reply. The other that may trouble you has been well addressed in thread i mentioned ^

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

CAC Abule-Ijesha Members Fight As Pastor Is Thrown Out Of Church In Lagos / Benny Hinn At Ayo Oritsejafor's Church In Warri. Photos / Pastor Chris 'Heals' Nine People On Stretchers (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.