Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,554 members, 7,955,058 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:43 PM

Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary - Forum Games (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary (26756 Views)

Drop A Seven Lettered Word And We'll Make Three New Words From It. / WORD GAME:::: Form A Word With Any Place In The World With The Last Letter / WORD GAME: Write An English Word That Starts With 't' And Ends With 't' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by akinsadeez(m): 1:46pm On Dec 10, 2014
luxanne:

Bring news from far away; talking about foreign news.

New Word: Vaunt

To brag or call attention to something

Namby-pamby
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by luxanne(f): 12:52pm On Dec 16, 2014
akinsadeez:

Namby-pamby

An insipid weakling who is foolishly sentimental.

New Word: Coolth
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 16, 2014
luxanne:

New Word: Coolth
pleasantly low temperature.OR
the quality of being fashionable.

New Word: Caprice
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by akinsadeez(m): 11:41pm On Dec 16, 2014
Ghostlady:
pleasantly low temperature.OR
the quality of being fashionable.

New Word: Caprice

sudden, Impulsive action or notion

AEOLIAN
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by pureIvory(f): 12:12am On Dec 17, 2014
akinsadeez:

sudden, Impulsive action or notion

AEOLIAN
delivered by wind. Also relating to the Greek god of wind.

PRELAPSARIAN.
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by akinsadeez(m): 9:55am On Dec 17, 2014
pureIvory:

delivered by wind. Also relating to the Greek god of wind.
PRELAPSARIAN.

Hmmm. Never heard of that word before. Now I've Learnt a new word!

Prelapsarian - Relating to the period before the fall of man

CUIRASS
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by luxanne(f): 12:21pm On Dec 17, 2014
akinsadeez:

CUIRASS

Medieval body armor that covers the chest and back.

New Word: Childe
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by akinsadeez(m): 1:14pm On Dec 17, 2014
luxanne:

Medieval body armor that covers the chest and back.

New Word: Childe

Childe- a child of Nobel birth

ZANYISM
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Phantom727(m): 12:49am On Dec 20, 2014
akinsadeez:

ZANYISM

ehn ehn. . .ADAMANTOISE
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by luxanne(f): 2:04am On Dec 20, 2014
Phantom727:

ehn ehn. . .ADAMANTOISE

You'l have to define the word on ground 'Zanyism' before dropping yours smiley
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by kemiola89(f): 1:30pm On Dec 20, 2014
Zanyism - Clownishness and buffoonery!

New word - zymology
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Phantom727(m): 7:39am On Dec 22, 2014
akinsadeez:

ZANYISM
zanyism-an act of doing something bizzarely comical.

ADAMANTOISE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by akinsadeez(m): 6:38pm On Dec 22, 2014
Phantom727:
zanyism-an act of doing something bizzarely comical.

ADAMANTOISE

Bro, pls correct me if I am wrong but Adamantoise is NOT an English Word in the sense of this thread. It is the name of a character in the final fantasy game. You are supposed to post a word with a dictionary meaning, not a name.
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by akinsadeez(m): 6:41pm On Dec 22, 2014
kemiola89:
Zanyism - Clownishness and buffoonery!

New word - zymology

Zymology- study of fermentation.

BIBBLE
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Phantom727(m): 7:24pm On Dec 22, 2014
akinsadeez:

Bro, pls correct me if I am wrong but Adamantoise is NOT an English Word in the sense of this thread. It is the name of a character in the final fantasy game. You are supposed to post a word with a dictionary meaning, not a name.
rotfl. . .yhu gat me mhan! i just love that final fantasy of ah game,i'm both a fan and an addict!

Btw do you play it also
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by akinsadeez(m): 7:38pm On Dec 22, 2014
Phantom727:
rotfl. . .yhu gat me mhan! i just love that final fantasy of ah game,i'm both a fan and an addict!

Btw do you play it also

No I don't but from what I've read about it, seems d game is mind-blowingly interesting. now I'm gonna go look for it. Is there a psp version of d game?
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Phantom727(m): 7:54pm On Dec 22, 2014
akinsadeez:

Zymology- study of fermentation.

BIBBLE
Bibble-Software for raw image format conversion.

MACHIAVELLIANISM
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by akinsadeez(m): 8:11pm On Dec 22, 2014
Phantom727:
Bibble-Software for raw image format conversion.

MACHIAVELLIANISM

@bolded, I didn't mean bibble in that sense. The dictionary meaning I was expecting is ''to eat or drink noisily ''

Machiavellianism- a political theory that says the end justifies the means I.e morality has no place in politics

New word - IMPIGNORATE
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Phantom727(m): 9:41pm On Dec 22, 2014
akinsadeez:

Is there a psp version of d game?
Yeah
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by RoyalRoy(m): 4:16am On Jan 29, 2015
mymz:

Gaol = old english spelling of "jail". means to confine or imprison

that was the word i was going to type. now i have to choose another

iridescent

Going through most of your posts on Nairaland, You do have a good writing skill that I admire.

And I believe you are smart and intelligent with words too.

I like you already.
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by mymz(f): 8:53am On Jan 29, 2015
RoyalRoy:

Going through most of your posts on Nairaland, You do have a good writing skill that I admire.

And I believe you are smart and intelligent with words too.

I like you already.

smiley awww....i'm almost turning blue.
Thank you
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by shrek4(m): 10:24am On Jan 29, 2015
akinsadeez:

@bolded, I didn't mean bibble in that sense. The dictionary meaning I was expecting is ''to eat or drink noisily ''

Machiavellianism- a political theory that says the end justifies the means I.e morality has no place in politics

New word - IMPIGNORATE

Impignorate - to pledge or pawn

Neww word - Jentacular
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by RoyalRoy(m): 11:11pm On Jan 29, 2015
mymz:

smiley awww....i'm almost turning blue.
Thank you

UW.
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by robinicule(m): 3:55am On Feb 05, 2015
Sober
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by tysonnn(m): 5:44pm On Oct 29, 2015
Destinesia!

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Bible Quiz Game / Introduce Yourself With Something That Almost Killed You / Post Your First Ever Comment On Nairaland Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.