Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,798 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary - Forum Games (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary (26096 Views)

Drop A Seven Lettered Word And We'll Make Three New Words From It. / WORD GAME:::: Form A Word With Any Place In The World With The Last Letter / WORD GAME: Write An English Word That Starts With 't' And Ends With 't' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by GreyBlood: 11:37pm On Aug 16, 2014
LynForward: apodyopsis
o boy! U r bad o grin
Apodyopsis: the mental undressing of a person, the erotic fantasizing of women undressing, imagining women naked, undressing women mentally shocked shocked shocked

*i've learnt something bad today o and I won't forget it* smiley
Kimmo: Mountebank.
a dishonest person, a swindler, trickster

*funny enough I've never come across these 2 words before, they seem strange. I've to use an online dictionary to bail myself*

2 Likes

Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Adrenaline123(m): 12:11am On Aug 17, 2014
Orga-Morga
Overghasted and Flabberwhemled
Phantasmagoria
Wry
Discombobulated
Propinquity
Vulapious Cupios
Ignotum Per Ignotuis
grin grin
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by JayTeeA(f): 7:24am On Aug 17, 2014
[quote author=GreyBlood] o boy! U r bad o grin
Apodyopsis: the mental undressing of a person, the erotic fantasizing of women undressing, imagining women naked, undressing women mentally shocked shocked shocked

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Woaw!.. What a word.. and here was I tinking it would have a scientific meaning
grin
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Ksslib(m): 8:55am On Aug 17, 2014
abstruse
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Kentnickole(m): 9:35am On Aug 17, 2014
Ksslib: abstruse
Difficult to understand.
Mine is "gilt"
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Kentnickole(m): 9:36am On Aug 17, 2014
Ksslib: abstruse
It means difficult to understand.
Mine is "gilt"
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by nas4q(m): 10:31am On Aug 17, 2014
Crinkumcrankum
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by bigsmoke2(m): 11:12am On Aug 17, 2014
Loquacious
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Salym(m): 12:07pm On Aug 17, 2014
bigsmoke2: Loquacious
A talkative.

Mine is onomatopoeia.
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 17, 2014
Onomatopoeia: The use of words such as ( hiss and murmur), that imitate the sounds associated with the objects, or actions they refer to.

Mine is :
Cataclysm.
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Kentnickole(m): 1:45pm On Aug 17, 2014
Cataclysm is a noun and means sudden, violent event.

Mine is:
Exacerbate.
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by redcliff: 1:50pm On Aug 17, 2014
Interdenominationalism
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Kentnickole(m): 1:56pm On Aug 17, 2014
redcliff: Interdenominationalism
No offence. This is hw the game works: ur expected to state the meaning of the preceding vocab b4 stating urs. Thanks... Now lets go starting from "Exacerbate"!

1 Like

Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 17, 2014
Kentnickole: Cataclysm is a noun and means sudden, violent event.

Mine is:
Exacerbate.

Exacerbate: To make a problem, situations or negative feelings worse.

Mine is:
Coax
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Kentnickole(m): 2:50pm On Aug 17, 2014
glitest:

Exacerbate: To make a problem, situations or negative feelings worse.

Mine is:
Coax

Coax means 1. (obsolete) to handle, kid, pet, tease 2. To wheedle, persuade (a person, organisation, animal etc.) gradually or by use of flattery to do something. 3. To manipulate carefully into a particular situation or position.

Mine is:
Gerund
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Stunner1(f): 3:29pm On Aug 17, 2014
Gerund means a verb form which functions as a noun...

Mine are
Proselytizing
Zoroastrian
Daiquiri
Rabbinical
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Kentnickole(m): 3:38pm On Aug 17, 2014
shocked shocked
Stunner1: Gerund means a verb form which functions as a noun...

Mine are
Proselytizing
Zoroastrian
Daiquiri
Rabbinical

Just gv us one word...

2 Likes

Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Stunner1(f): 3:48pm On Aug 17, 2014
Kentnickole: shocked shocked

Just gv us one word...

grin grin

Recalcitrant
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 17, 2014
1 Discombobulated smiley

2 Facsimile

3 Karisadaphobia

No cheating angry
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 17, 2014
Stunner1:

grin grin

Recalcitrant

Without checking the dictionary i came up with 3 synonymous words. They are

1. Tardy
2. Dilly dally
3. Black-leg
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Stunner1(f): 4:56pm On Aug 17, 2014
Joannes347:

Without checking the dictionary i came up with 3 synonymous words. They are

1. Tardy
2. Dilly dally
3. Black-leg

To the best of my knowledge dis words mean sluggishness but recalcitrant means disobedience, some1 who doesnt comply or cooperate with the/an authority, also means stubborness

1 Like

Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Stunner1(f): 5:03pm On Aug 17, 2014
Joannes347: 1 Discombobulated smiley

2 Facsimile

3 Karisadaphobia

No cheating angry

1 means confusion
2 means duplicate or replica
Dunno wt no3 means make i check dictionary grin

1 Like

Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by JayTeeA(f): 5:23pm On Aug 17, 2014
Joannes347: 1 Discombobulated smiley

2 Facsimile

3 Karisadaphobia

No cheating angry

ma'am.. one word please and define d word bfr urs bfr u give it..

1 Like

Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 17, 2014
Karisadaphobia
Abnormal and persistent fear of insects; such as cockroaches, ants etc.

Mine is:
Tergiversate
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 17, 2014
glitest: Karisadaphobia
Abnormal and persistent fear of insects; such as cockroaches, ants etc.

Mine is:
Tergiversate
Tergiversate:Making conflicting or evasive statements

Mine is:Byke
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Kentnickole(m): 5:35pm On Aug 17, 2014
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Kentnickole(m): 5:36pm On Aug 17, 2014
Stunner1:

grin grin

Recalcitrant

Recacitrant is an adjectiv (in this context) meaning stubborn, unwilling to do sm thn.

Mine is:
Gimmick
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 17, 2014
Gimmick: A trick or advice, intended to attract attention.

Mine is:
Erroneous
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 17, 2014
bykebyke:
Tergiversate:Making conflicting or evasive statements

Mine is:Byke

Byke: A variant spelling of bike..... ( I'm sorry).
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 17, 2014
glitest:

I refuse to help you in derailing this thread.
In other words..you couldn't find the meaningundecided
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 17, 2014
bykebyke:
In other words..you couldn't find the meaningundecided

A variant spelling of bike
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Stunner1(f): 5:54pm On Aug 17, 2014
glitest: Gimmick: A trick or advice, intended to attract attention.

Mine is:
Erroneous

Erroneous means false or untrue
Didnt check d dico for dis

Mine is
Ignominy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Bible Quiz Game / Introduce Yourself With Something That Almost Killed You / Post Your First Ever Comment On Nairaland Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.