Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

Mr President Why The Delay In Aquiring Fighter Jets And Modern Tanks - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mr President Why The Delay In Aquiring Fighter Jets And Modern Tanks (2107 Views)

America Might Get Another Black President - Why Carson's Beating Trump / APC Governors In US With The President. Why? / God’s Private Jets And Limousines By Ogaga Ifowodo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mr President Why The Delay In Aquiring Fighter Jets And Modern Tanks by Nobody: 1:25am On Aug 21, 2014
Afroconnect:

Mr Brown jay,I know u re somewhere probably in the states,enjoying ur small life,so its easy for u to sit there and type baseless points.

This is what soldiers on the frontline are saying.

https://www.nairaland.com/1864625/boko-haram-soldiers-mutiny-demand

I wonder who argued with you that we don't need better intelligence,what am saying to u is that mere intelligence is not enough.

DSS is for intelligence,Nigria military is for battle and warfare,in my post am talking about better equipment for the military and you just started spitting already known jargons...re you saying these soldiers are lying?

bro, we are having an open discussion, chill, take a deep breath, have a soda and then sit yourself down........
again, remove your biased views to focus on what the soldiers wrote, then tell me WHERE it says that jets and tanks are needed?! read again what i wrote before replying stuff that is irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

as i repeat, we need BETTER INTELLIGENCE, BETTER GUNS/PROTECTIVE GEAR (that cost $1500 each).........but certainly NOT military jets nor tanks that costs $35million and that would be useless to this issue, get real!!!!

but hey, if the army guys said they needed jets and tanks then please show me where they wrote that.
Re: Mr President Why The Delay In Aquiring Fighter Jets And Modern Tanks by cjrane: 3:03am On Aug 21, 2014
Jets are useless against fast moving insurgent groups like Boko Haram, just like tanks are useless in mountainous terrain. What you need is a flying tank. They are called [size=16pt]Attack Helicopters![/size]
They can hover, seek out the well hidden terrorists especially at night if you equip them with infra-red night vision equipment and can concentrate devastating firepower on the insurgents when they are found. Jets will continue to fly over Sambiba at great speeds and will not observe anything!

The intelligence you are referring to may be special forces tracking the Boko haram movements in Sambisa and calling in devastating helicopter gunship attacks when they are spotted.

1 Like

Re: Mr President Why The Delay In Aquiring Fighter Jets And Modern Tanks by manck: 4:21am On Aug 21, 2014
if you take the weapon in kaduna, kano, abuja, you have more than enough.

the question is , why dont you want move the weapon from kaduna,abuja to fight boko haram.
Re: Mr President Why The Delay In Aquiring Fighter Jets And Modern Tanks by komekn(m): 5:13pm On Aug 21, 2014
manck: if you take the weapon in kaduna, kano, abuja, you have more than enough.

the question is , why dont you want move the weapon from kaduna,abuja to fight boko haram.

cjrane: Jets are useless against fast moving insurgent groups like Boko Haram, just like tanks are useless in mountainous terrain. What you need is a flying tank. They are called [size=16pt]Attack Helicopters![/size]
They can hover, seek out the well hidden terrorists especially at night if you equip them with infra-red night vision equipment and can concentrate devastating firepower on the insurgents when they are found. Jets will continue to fly over Sambiba at great speeds and will not observe anything!
The intelligence you are referring to may be special forces tracking the Boko haram movements in Sambisa and calling in devastating helicopter gunship attacks when they are spotted.

manck, what weapons are you referring to out dated APC's that do not have fit for purpose weapon stations. We were sending slow,rusty, inaccurate 1970's T55 tanks prone to multiple failures and simply just not good enough. We are using antiquated AK47's without optic sights and limited ammunition. in this war PRECISION WEAPONRY answers all questions.

Using the right assets not re-badged 1960's MIG 21's, which is what the Chinese Chengdu F7's are wholly inadequate and with very suspect reliability and build quality we paid $250 million for 17 MADNESS. I could get refurbished Mig21's from former soviet republics for $500k per unit which are actually better.

Precision guided munitions using laser technology such as bombs and missiles give you near 95% direct hits even at night, you don't see the aircraft just hear and see the destruction of targets. If we had the right aircraft and I don't mean the 30 year old Alpha jets which are not even supersonic. But at least 4th Generation fighter aircraft, it means that targets can be acquired from Maiduguri within 10 minutes almost anywhere in the NE, night or daytime. That's what you call proper back up calling air support and targets hit under 10 minutes.

Shockingly we do not have any IFV's infantry fighting vehicles, our APC's are outdated they don't even have remote weapon station, that give you 100% target accuracy.

Even the basics we don't seem to have an AK47 is reliable but that's all, it's far from accurate effective firing range under battle conditions is about 150 metres. Compare that to a H&K G36A2 which is not the newest of rifles will pick off targets at 600metres under battle conditions, how much does it cost whole sale, considering Heckler & Koch are in financial difficulty and we have a near $2billion trade deficit in our favour with Germany, good negotiations about $550 per unit. We should really do a deal to make them under licence, add the AG36 grenade launcher and you have increased our operational effectiveness by about 200%.

I hear about our guys running from Boko technicals abandoning out Otokar Cobra's don't we have high powered sniper rifles those technicals are devastating with the 20mm but not accurate, easy pickings for any sniper should pick off the gunner who is unprotected even at 1000 metres.

Shocking that we don't issue night vision as standard, in a country that we mostly don't have uninterrupted electricity supply, so we at night engage Boko COMPLETELY BLIND that's just pure institutional negligence and operational failure by the NA.

My query is that these requirements don't cost that much. Its seemingly PERVERSE that our big bellied politicians ride around in armoured luxury SUV that cost near $2millions (i.e. Stella Oduah ) in the relative serene calm of Abuja, while our gallant brave soldiers ride in the back of soft skinned pick ups like roast chickens for Boko to chop.

With that money I could buy 100 refurbished used but functional APC's not the best but a lot better than in the back of a Toyota pick up.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr President Why The Delay In Aquiring Fighter Jets And Modern Tanks by Afroconnect: 5:25pm On Aug 21, 2014
MRbrownJAY:

bro, we are having an open discussion, chill, take a deep breath, have a soda and then sit yourself down........
again, remove your biased views to focus on what the soldiers wrote, then tell me WHERE it says that jets and tanks are needed?! read again what i wrote before replying stuff that is irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

as i repeat, we need BETTER INTELLIGENCE, BETTER GUNS/PROTECTIVE GEAR (that cost $1500 each).........but certainly NOT military jets nor tanks that costs $35million and that would be useless to this issue, get real!!!!

but hey, if the army guys said they needed jets and tanks then please show me where they wrote that.

Attack helicopters to cover the soldiers when advancing on terrorists position and smart tanks like the ones the Isrealis use against palestine are needed.

Boko haram re ceding territory and blind brown J is talking about intelligence.

Mr Man u re so funny.

Boko haram now use tanks and RPG's you are talking of big guns.

We need helicopter gunship to sweep through and precision fighter jets to bomb their positions just the way America is bombing the Isis militants clearing way for the kurdish fighters.

You are living in an illusion Brown J...it is better we use our funds to acquire better smart tanks and helicopter gunships than to use it to maintain a corrupt class of representative members...Nigerians should protest,let us shut down our house of reps and chanel all our funds to the military for now...except agriculture,development and salaries of civil servants.

1 Like

Re: Mr President Why The Delay In Aquiring Fighter Jets And Modern Tanks by Nobody: 1:13am On Aug 22, 2014
Afroconnect:

Attack helicopters to cover the soldiers when advancing on terrorists position and smart tanks like the ones the Isrealis use against palestine are needed.

Boko haram re ceding territory and blind brown J is talking about intelligence.

Mr Man u re so funny.

Boko haram now use tanks and RPG's you are talking of big guns.

We need helicopter gunship to sweep through and precision fighter jets to bomb their positions just the way America is bombing the Isis militants clearing way for the kurdish fighters.

You are living in an illusion Brown J...it is better we use our funds to acquire better smart tanks and helicopter gunships than to use it to maintain a corrupt class of representative members...Nigerians should protest,let us shut down our house of reps and chanel all our funds to the military for now...except agriculture,development and salaries of civil servants.

BH using tanks, BWAAAAAAAAAAH see this man talking nonsense! let me guess, they are hiding their military tanks in their village huts?! what's next, they also have aircraft carrier? BWAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Re: Mr President Why The Delay In Aquiring Fighter Jets And Modern Tanks by Afroconnect: 10:35am On Aug 22, 2014
komekn:

manck, what weapons are you referring to out dated APC's that do not have fit for purpose weapon stations. We were sending slow,rusty, inaccurate 1970's T55 tanks prone to multiple failures and simply just not good enough. We are using antiquated AK47's without optic sights and limited ammunition. in this war PRECISION WEAPONRY answers all questions.

Using the right assets not re-badged 1960's MIG 21's, which is what the Chinese Chengdu F7's are wholly inadequate and with very suspect reliability and build quality we paid $250 million for 17 MADNESS. I could get refurbished Mig21's from former soviet republics for $500k per unit which are actually better.

Precision guided munitions using laser technology such as bombs and missiles give you near 95% direct hits even at night, you don't see the aircraft just hear and see the destruction of targets. If we had the right aircraft and I don't mean the 30 year old Alpha jets which are not even supersonic. But at least 4th Generation fighter aircraft, it means that targets can be acquired from Maiduguri within 10 minutes almost anywhere in the NE, night or daytime. That's what you call proper back up calling air support and targets hit under 10 minutes.

Shockingly we do not have any IFV's infantry fighting vehicles, our APC's are outdated they don't even have remote weapon station, that give you 100% target accuracy.

Even the basics we don't seem to have an AK47 is reliable but that's all, it's far from accurate effective firing range under battle conditions is about 150 metres. Compare that to a H&K G36A2 which is not the newest of rifles will pick off targets at 600metres under battle conditions, how much does it cost whole sale, considering Heckler & Koch are in financial difficulty and we have a near $2billion trade deficit in our favour with Germany, good negotiations about $550 per unit. We should really do a deal to make them under licence, add the AG36 grenade launcher and you have increased our operational effectiveness by about 200%.

I hear about our guys running from Boko technicals abandoning out Otokar Cobra's don't we have high powered sniper rifles those technicals are devastating with the 20mm but not accurate, easy pickings for any sniper should pick off the gunner who is unprotected even at 1000 metres.

Shocking that we don't issue night vision as standard, in a country that we mostly don't have uninterrupted electricity supply, so we at night engage Boko COMPLETELY BLIND that's just pure institutional negligence and operational failure by the NA.

My query is that these requirements don't cost that much. Its seemingly PERVERSE that our big bellied politicians ride around in armoured luxury SUV that cost near $2millions (i.e. Stella Oduah ) in the relative serene calm of Abuja, while our gallant brave soldiers ride in the back of soft skinned pick ups like roast chickens for Boko to chop.

With that money I could buy 100 refurbished used but functional APC's not the best but a lot better than in the back of a Toyota pick up.

Thank you very much for your realistic view.

Each house of reps member is a millionaire in USD,imgine how many fighter jets tht will acquire for Nigeria.

We only need to deploy about 10 and maintain precision bombings for periods-this will rattle the insurgents,as we see Isis already rattled by the American bombings-America was bombing Isis round areas where the Yazidis were trapped and did not kill any innocent civillian all through their attacks,even when they bombed them around the mosul dam no significant damage was done to the dam's plants and machinery.

People saying jets are not needed in this fight are either just arguing for the fun or have sinister motives.

Al Assad jets is what is keeping him in power today.

2million USD can buy us refurbished attack helicopters from Russia and about 5million USD can buy us new ones.

We can get a new precision modern fighter jet for 6million usd,about 5 of these with payment for maintainance and mercenery pilots cost like 30million USD,not even up to the money house of rep members are stealing.

Nigeria can very well afford all these weapons,this is a country that makes about 300million USD profits a day in crude and taxes after costs.

Or you think America is dumb to make its defence budget the highest,is bcause its the most important thing...survival.

1 Like

Re: Mr President Why The Delay In Aquiring Fighter Jets And Modern Tanks by Afroconnect: 10:43am On Aug 22, 2014
MRbrownJAY:

BH using tanks, BWAAAAAAAAAAH see this man talking nonsense! let me guess, they are hiding their military tanks in their village huts?! what's next, they also have aircraft carrier? BWAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Now I see you re living in the past,pls get updated on news before you argue on a public forum.

Boko ram members attacked the Mopol training unit yesterday with tanks and a platoon of babaric savages-the news is everywhere Mr brown-i guess right-u probably are not living in Naija so u don't know the intensity of the situation.
Re: Mr President Why The Delay In Aquiring Fighter Jets And Modern Tanks by 4Play(m): 10:48am On Aug 22, 2014
There is enough blame to go round. In GEJ, we have the personification of incompetence, lack of vision and a deadly insouciance to the plight of Nigerians.

But in many ways, GEJ reflects the people of Nigeria. They say people get the leaders they deserve. The ineffectiveness of Nigeria's military is not simply down to lack of equipment. The military is better equipped than Boko Haram but lacks the discipline, dedication and nous required to tackle the problem.

1 Like

Re: Mr President Why The Delay In Aquiring Fighter Jets And Modern Tanks by dubienatti(m): 10:58am On Aug 22, 2014
Afroconnect: Mr President as we speak the boko haram killers are resting,this is a great evil and inefficiency,we ought to purrsue these terrorists till the last of them is smoked out and killed.

If we allow them rest,they will have more time to plan,coordinate and spread.

Mr President the quicker you exterminate boko haram and its evil sponsors the beter for your re-election aspirations.

Go into parnerships with arm exporting countries,let our military have the best armoury,employ hundreds of thousands of Nigerians into military,dissolve some political offices that amounts to waste.

Let us use all our federal might to kill all elements of boko animals.
bros fighter jet 4 who?bkiaful what u wish 4..c dem isrealis in a bid to hunt down hamas, 2000+ civilian killed..now add people killed by hamas..more life wasted..is dat wat u want 4 naija
Re: Mr President Why The Delay In Aquiring Fighter Jets And Modern Tanks by Afroconnect: 2:24pm On Aug 22, 2014
dubienatti: bros fighter jet 4 who?bkiaful what u wish 4..c dem isrealis in a bid to hunt down hamas, 2000+ civilian killed..now add people killed by hamas..more life wasted..is dat wat u want 4 naija

Guy read my posts well,Isrealis know what they are doing,they are terrorising the people of Gaza so they willl denounce hamas and stop accepting them as their leadership.

Precision targets is very much what am talking about and we see it being used everyday.

Btw boko haram has killed tens of thousands already...to get peace you must be ready for war-everyone won't die,but as long as we get peace we need total bombardment so life goes on.

This boko haram madnss is cusing Naija big embrrassment.
Re: Mr President Why The Delay In Aquiring Fighter Jets And Modern Tanks by Afroconnect: 2:24pm On Aug 22, 2014
dubienatti: bros fighter jet 4 who?bkiaful what u wish 4..c dem isrealis in a bid to hunt down hamas, 2000+ civilian killed..now add people killed by hamas..more life wasted..is dat wat u want 4 naija

Guy read my posts well,Isrealis know what they are doing,they are terrorising the people of Gaza so they willl denounce hamas and stop accepting them as their leadership.

Precision targets is very much what am talking about and we see it being used everyday.

Btw boko haram has killed tens of thousands already...to get peace you must be ready for war-everyone won't die,but as long as we get peace we need total bombardment so life goes on.

This boko haram madnss is causing Naija big embarrassment.
Re: Mr President Why The Delay In Aquiring Fighter Jets And Modern Tanks by dubienatti(m): 3:58pm On Aug 22, 2014
Afroconnect:

This boko haram madnss is causing Naija big embarrassment.
so we hav to tak a cue 4rom isreal n terrorize dem people of borno n yobe state abi?
Re: Mr President Why The Delay In Aquiring Fighter Jets And Modern Tanks by 4Play(m): 5:27pm On Aug 22, 2014
The Iraqi army, with their US equipment, ran away from ISIS so it's unlikely more arms will defeat Boko Haram. Same goes for the Pakistani military which has been unable to defeat Islamists in their country. This is decades of bad governance coming home to roost.
Re: Mr President Why The Delay In Aquiring Fighter Jets And Modern Tanks by komekn(m): 6:48pm On Aug 23, 2014
4Play: The Iraqi army, with their US equipment, ran away from ISIS so it's unlikely more arms will defeat Boko Haram. Same goes for the Pakistani military which has been unable to defeat Islamists in their country. This is decades of bad governance coming home to roost.

In this war PRECISION WEAPONRY will answers all questions, and put Boko on the run, see video below of a US precision air-strike precise to the centimetre, NUFF SAID

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ppd09ATLaA

1 Like

Re: Mr President Why The Delay In Aquiring Fighter Jets And Modern Tanks by Afroconnect: 9:22pm On Aug 23, 2014
4Play: The Iraqi army, with their US equipment, ran away from ISIS so it's unlikely more arms will defeat Boko Haram. Same goes for the Pakistani military which has been unable to defeat Islamists in their country. This is decades of bad governance coming home to roost.
Guy what re you saying-Iraqi army are a gang of armateur peeps and Isis got much more better weapons than boko-i think Isis will easily dislodge Nigeria army in the shape it is now.

It is a case of the Iraq Army not being well coordinated in the areas Isis took over...I don't get your point though-what re u trying to say that better military equipment all things being equal is useless or what?
Re: Mr President Why The Delay In Aquiring Fighter Jets And Modern Tanks by 4Play(m): 12:53pm On Aug 24, 2014
Afroconnect:
Guy what re you saying-Iraqi army are a gang of armateur peeps and Isis got much more better weapons than boko-i think Isis will easily dislodge Nigeria army in the shape it is now.

It is a case of the Iraq Army not being well coordinated in the areas Isis took over...I don't get your point though-what re u trying to say that better military equipment all things being equal is useless or what?

The Nigerian army is not reputed for its discipline and organisation, I doubt the soldiers are any more professional than the Iraqi soldiers.

Better military equipment won't in itself defeat a highly motivated death cult as these Islamists groups are. Whether it's the Iraqis or the Pakistanis who have far superior military equipment than we can ever hope to obtain, it takes more than good equipment to win. Of course, having better equipment helps but we need more than that.

We need greater numbers of troops, I believe the Pakistani army has half a million soldiers, we actually need something on that scale. This will provide higher troop concentration and avoid situations where BH are able to mount large attacks on isolated army outposts manned by few soldiers.

Better intelligence gathering and smarter soldiering, no more brutalising the populace which only serves to incentivise people to join Boko Haram.

Better equipment will definitely help keep Boko Haram at bay. . .more air assets will help in the form of helicopter gunships and ground attack aircraft. But to annihilate this organisation will take a lot of factors, not all of them military, to work in our favour. It's no coincidence that the Iraqi army is better at defending Shia areas from ISIS than Sunni Arab areas. You need a way of weeding out local support for these Islamists which simply buying more war equipment cannot accomplish.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Air Force Acquires Two AW101 Helicopters For VIP Transport. / Northern Youths Leader Forum Gives Jonathan Ultimatum, Threatens To Kill Him / The Hypocrisy Of APC Supporters!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.