Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,712 members, 7,824,022 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? (3999 Views)

Can Friendship Survive Sex?? / Can Friendship Survive Sex? / Can Friendship Still Continue After Falling In Love With your Best Friend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by marieolae(f): 10:26am On Aug 18, 2014
ElFenomeno1:
No it can happen.
ok then
Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by harffie(m): 10:28am On Aug 18, 2014
firstEVA: yea, if I really dislike him simply means I cannot remain friends with him, shikena.
I hate my ex-
Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 18, 2014
harffie:
I hate my ex-
she broke up with you?
Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by harffie(m): 10:30am On Aug 18, 2014
firstEVA: she broke up with you?
I did! And she came back buh I said we shud chill out o for awhile na so I say make we end our break she jes vex!
Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by NET1(m): 10:38am On Aug 18, 2014
Honestly, I don't understand why people make break-ups a big deal. Last week, I just spoke with my immediate past Ex. She called to find out how I was doing and stuff and we had a really good time on the phone. We even still share jokes and laugh anytime we see. She has a new fantastic guy now and I am happy (sincerely) for her.

Another one who now lives in SA usually chides (jokingly) me saying: "Jay, when are you going to marry nau? I wan come chop rice for ya head."

Guys, this Ex thing is not a big deal biko. I am friends with ALL of my exes. You can never tell which one of them could be in a position to be of assistance tomorrow.

3 Likes

Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by WackyJ1(m): 10:56am On Aug 18, 2014
Net you didn't mention anything about feelings and the manner of breakup

1 Like

Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 18, 2014
Becoming/ remaining friends with the ex, isn't a good idea; Its always ends in disaster, because someone will difinetly get hurt.
Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by Houseofglam7(f): 11:02am On Aug 18, 2014
Crocz:

Hahaha..@ danced tango!
Na tango I dey call am.
You know say children full dis place. grin
Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 18, 2014
glitest: Becoming/ remaining friends with the ex, isn't a good idea; It always ends in disaster, because someone will difinetly get hurt.
why do u say so? It s only a disaster if they both wouldn't wanna let go of their ill stricken past n forge ahead
Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by NET1(m): 12:01pm On Aug 18, 2014
WackyJ1: Net you didn't mention anything about feelings and the manner of breakup

She broke up with me. She said I wasn't ready for Marriage at that time (and quite frankly, I wasn't). She truly loved me and so did I, but I had to understand with her. Age was ticking very fast and it would have been cruel to hold her down when I know I wasn't ready (financially and emotionally).

At my age (early 30s), feelings rarely matter now o. They did when I was in my 20s - not now anymore. What matter to me now are duty and commitment. Any lady who provides these is good enough. Forget feelings.

.NET

1 Like

Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by haitto99(m): 12:12pm On Aug 18, 2014
Hell no!!....tried it once and it was awful so awful,den I just disappeared,blocked her on fb,whatsapp,deleted her contact on bbm and changed my line...end of story
Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by Crocz(m): 12:42pm On Aug 18, 2014
Houseofglam7:
Na tango I dey call am.
You know say children full dis place. grin

True...and it's funny
Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 18, 2014
Yes it can.
Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by chidekings(m): 2:03pm On Aug 18, 2014
haitto99: Hell no!!....tried it once and it was awful so awful,den I just disappeared,blocked her on fb,whatsapp,deleted her contact on bbm and changed my line...end of story

change ur line cus of a lady...hell no

1 Like

Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by ITbomb(m): 5:05pm On Aug 18, 2014
Actually it is happening to me.
The key there is knowing at an early time when it is no longer working and playing the game called "the beginning of the end".

The guy she left me for didn't really turn out as expected so she decided to take a break from relationship and I'm now the chairman of the Advisory Board

Strictly online only
Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by mysterious12(m): 5:42pm On Aug 18, 2014
it'll be awkward
Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 18, 2014
there's no big deal.im friends with my ex- boyfriends except the very stubborn ones. you're in a better position to propose friendship if you're the one who quit the relationship. exes make very good friends.
Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 18, 2014
elyna: there's no big deal.im friends with my ex- boyfriends except the very stubborn ones. you're in a better position to propose friendship if you're the one who quit the relationship. exes make very good friends.
please i am inquisitive to know what you guys talk about and if your current partner knows about this.
Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 18, 2014
Friendship can work out
But being a friend to your ex is like hell on earth.especially when the memory still hurts you

1 Like

Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by Odoemacyril(m): 6:57pm On Aug 18, 2014
observing
Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by Greenified(m): 7:09pm On Aug 18, 2014
My ex is my best friend.
Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by finditng: 9:36pm On Aug 18, 2014
firstEVA: finditng, why the silence sad

Lol...eva .....just so many thns to catch up wf atm....hp u gd
Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by finditng: 9:39pm On Aug 18, 2014
firstEVA: lol, so I come across like what kind of person? Don't worry, say it, I won't be offended. finditng finditng finditng

Isn't it obvious?....its all summed up in a word : interesting wink
Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by chidekings(m): 9:48pm On Aug 18, 2014
Greenified: My ex is my best friend.

then she is almost using u....and i bet she was the one that did the break-up
Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 18, 2014
finditng:

Lol...eva .....just so many thns to catch up wf atm....hp u gd
yea I am, tot you were ignoring mua.
finditng:
Isn't it obvious?....its all summed up in a word : interesting wink
ok smiley
Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by finditng: 9:55pm On Aug 18, 2014
firstEVA: yea I am, tot you were ignoring mua. ok smiley

No no.....wasn't ignoring you.....
Wht will be my reason to turn down an interestn convo wf u?....lol....btw I see u doing gd @ em responses.....blazing yet stating your mind..cool ...enjoy urself
Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by Greenified(m): 10:09pm On Aug 18, 2014
chidekings:

then she is almost using u....and i bet she was the one that did the break-up
Very Wrong! I broke up with her cos i'm too busy to give her attentions. She understood and we've been best of frnds.
Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by OmichaelO: 10:13pm On Aug 18, 2014
Yes,it can!!
And it kinda worked out well for me!
Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Aug 18, 2014
finditng:

No no.....wasn't ignoring you.....
Wht will be my reason to turn down an interestn convo wf u?....lol....btw I see u doing gd @ em responses.....blazing yet stating your mind..cool ...enjoy urself
thanks smiley
Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 18, 2014
Greenified:
Very Wrong! I broke up with her cos i'm too busy to give her attentions. She understood and we've been best of frnds.
you broke up with her, and she's ok with being your best friend, لاتاااايتيتتيتتي, I laugh in Chinese, she is bottling up the hatred my brother, the day it explodes, e go be you like film.
Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by chidekings(m): 10:21pm On Aug 18, 2014
Greenified:

sorry for concluding without knowing the full details
Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by Greenified(m): 10:25pm On Aug 18, 2014
firstEVA: you broke up with her, and she's ok with being your best friend, لاتاااايتيتتيتتي, I laugh in Chinese, she is bottling up the hatred my brother, the day it explodes, e go be you like film.
Its over 2yrs, she's even engaged nw. Her fiance and i are also good frnds.
We broke up maturedly dear, not as enemies. I sat her down and told her why we needed to.
Finally, i made sure she got "the best man". Now tell me, why would she ever hate me?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Guys Pls Stop Such Habit / Seriously, I'm Tired Of Doing This To One Of My Girlfriends / Why You Must Sleep With Your Wife Every Night Before Sleeping

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.