Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,855 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? (3990 Views)

Can Friendship Survive Sex?? / Can Friendship Survive Sex? / Can Friendship Still Continue After Falling In Love With your Best Friend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by Odoemacyril(m): 2:45pm On Aug 17, 2014
psychology claims dat if two past lover remain just friends, its either der are still in love or Neva were,,,,,,wat ur comment,reaction are you for or against
Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 17, 2014
It happens. But rarely.
Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by jnrbayano(m): 2:57pm On Aug 17, 2014
Unless the "partners" were never friends when they fostered a relationship.
Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 17, 2014
...it s possible dey can still b gud friends....but it s not usually okay wen one is still inlove or battling with d feelings....personally,i dont like d idea....i feel it s still possible for us to re-visit d past n strt feeling bad n heart-broken again....it s beta we kuku move on n forget abt each oda jejely....

5 Likes

Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by Odoemacyril(m): 3:22pm On Aug 17, 2014
confused,,,, I hav / had a friend & a lover she means alot to me,we had bin frendz (as in Gud 1) for 3 years leta date for 2 years (a relationship wit dreams), just for her to wake up 1 day saying DAT she will prefer us to just be friends ,,BT I still love and care about her even with d fact DAT I kn she is mesin up with 1 of her friend (a reading mate DAT stuff her with love messages)..sometimes she look or bhav Carin sometimes she don't ,,,rit now I don't kn wat to do
Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by marieolae(f): 3:25pm On Aug 17, 2014
It can't happen mehn
Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 17, 2014
I agree with the psychologists, when a relationship ends, there is no way you two can still be true friends, except the break up was on mutual agreement.

3 Likes

Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by Tallesty1(m): 3:44pm On Aug 17, 2014
It depends on how the relationship ended, if the two realised that they are not ready for what they are doing and decide to remain good friends then it is possible. But someone is gonna hurt when the other start dating someone else.

1 Like

Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 17, 2014
Odoemacyril: confused,,,, I hav / had a friend & a lover she means alot to me,we had bin frendz (as in Gud 1) for 3 years leta date for 2 years (a relationship wit dreams), just for her to wake up 1 day saying DAT she will prefer us to just be friends ,,BT I still love and care about her even with d fact DAT I kn she is mesin up with 1 of her friend (a reading mate DAT stuff her with love messages)..sometimes she look or bhav Carin sometimes she don't ,,,rit now I don't kn wat to do
she does not love you, just give her some space, ignore her for a while, she may start missing you and you know, absence makes the heart grow fonder
Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by Odoemacyril(m): 3:56pm On Aug 17, 2014
firstEVA: she does not love you, just give her some space, ignore her for a while, she may start missing you and you know, absence makes the heart grow fonder
. u rit bt

1 Like

Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 17, 2014
jnrbayano: Unless the "partners" were never friends when they fostered a relationship.
nope i don't quite agree, i think its more of how they broke up.
Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by cirmuell(m): 4:01pm On Aug 17, 2014
Maybe, if you started out as friends.
been their though, it didn't work work out.(i wanted it, she was against it). So heartbroken, i was like "okay can we still be friends?"
Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 17, 2014
Tallesty1: It depends on how the relationship ended, if the two realised that they are not ready for what they are doing and decide to remain good friends then it is possible. But someone is gonna hurt when the other start dating someone else.
Simple, it just depends on how the relationship ended.
Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by jnrbayano(m): 4:26pm On Aug 17, 2014
BrownKnight:
nope i don't quite agree, i think its more of how they broke up.

You are very correct but I think the point I raised preceeds yours. Why?

I'm afraid not all in relationships are friends. People enter it with different things on there mind.

I have seen numerous cases of "I love him because:

1. He is caring (pays my bills and take care of me)

2. He is tall and handsome

3. He is intelligent

4. He is good in bed

5. He is a sweet talker etc

I seldom see cases of "I love him because he is my friend". A relationship that doesn't foster friendship is headed for the rocks.

If there was friendship abinitio, you can break acrimoniously and still reconcile and be just friends methinks.

smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 17, 2014
jnrbayano:

You are very correct but I think the point I raised preceeds yours. Why?

I'm afraid not all in relationships are friends. People enter it with different things on there mind.

I have seen numerous cases of "I love him because:

1. He is caring (pays my bills and take care of me)

2. He is tall and handsome

3. He is intelligent

4. He is good in bed

5. He is a sweet talker etc

I seldom see cases of "I love him because he is my friend". A relationship that doesn't foster friendship is headed for the rocks.

If there was friendship abinitio, you can break acrimoniously and still reconcile and be just friends methinks.

smiley
You are right too, but trust me there are some relationships that when they end kills friendships. Both parties are left wondering what they saw in each other in the first place.

On the other hand if they both ended 'amicably' they might still dabble a bit on friendship but as all breakups are someone always gets hurt. So imagine if one still loves the other, the hurt one will always see the 'friend' falling inlove with someone else but has to pretend for friendship sake while licking old wounds in the comfort of their loneliness.
Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by Odoemacyril(m): 4:36pm On Aug 17, 2014
cirmuell: Maybe, if you started out as friends.
been their though, it didn't work work out.(i wanted it, she was against it). So heartbroken, i was like "okay can we still be friends?"
can u withstand seeing him / her going out with anoda?
Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by cirmuell(m): 4:39pm On Aug 17, 2014
Odoemacyril: can u withstand seeing him / her going out with anoda?
Actually, She came back.
But if I was in that situation, I don't think I can take it...I just wanted her so badly then that I wouldn't mind being just friends.
Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by youngdee(m): 4:50pm On Aug 17, 2014
It never works in a situation where they both love(d) each other. Trust me, I'm talking from experience, if they were really in love, broke up and decided to be friends, if either of them gets into another relationship, the other party would be jealous and would be hurt. Its better they move on, friendship never works!

2 Likes

Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by ubiplanet(m): 5:09pm On Aug 17, 2014
undecided

Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 17, 2014
If he was a good friend while we dated but if he did some low stuff, No.
Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by chidekings(m): 5:34pm On Aug 17, 2014
it cant work......someone will still have some inordinate ambition
Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by finditng: 6:00pm On Aug 17, 2014
firstEVA: she does not love you, just give her some space, ignore her for a while, she may start missing you and you know, absence makes the heart grow fonder

I'm gettn curios by the day....d diversity in your expressions accross numerous threads ehn!...

@ op.....u better wake up mehn.....never be an option...space out insantly....any woman who doesn't consider you worth her total attention aint worth stressing on....when you meet yours' you'll realize hw orgaanic such things are.....they realy don't require all the mathematics...it just flows....infct...in summary...any relationship youhave to be solving algebraic situations to keep alive aint worth it.....move....

1 Like

Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by Houseofglam7(f): 6:06pm On Aug 17, 2014
Hell no!
Can't remain 'just friends' with a man I once kissed and maybe danced tango with.....
No freaking way.
That's playing with FIRE!

4 Likes

Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by Crocz(m): 6:09pm On Aug 17, 2014
Better for everyone to find friendship somewhere else o
If you are a man, then learn from this: I gat this ex who's still ma friend , she came to my house by some circumstances I cannot explain...and when she was leaving, she intentionally left her head tie behind where I can't possibly find it in time enough..you know why?..cos she knew my gal will certainly find it later and then commotion start..I break up with her, and she 'the ex' returns...nice strategy eh?
Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by Crocz(m): 6:11pm On Aug 17, 2014
Houseofglam7: Hell no!
Can't remain 'just friends' with a man I once kissed and maybe danced tango with.....
No freaking way.
That's playing with FIRE!

Hahaha..@ danced tango!
Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by Richiy(f): 10:42pm On Aug 17, 2014
Hell no!!!!!!!!!
Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 17, 2014
finditng:

I'm gettn curios by the day....d diversity in your expressions accross numerous threads ehn!...
lol, so I come across like what kind of person? Don't worry, say it, I won't be offended. finditng finditng finditng
Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by harffie(m): 5:45am On Aug 18, 2014
firstEVA: I agree with the psychologists, when a relationship ends, there is no way you two can still be true friends, except the break up was on mutual agreement.
What if you break up aπϑ you really dislike your ex?
Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by xtervaganza(m): 9:00am On Aug 18, 2014
Odoemacyril: psychology claims dat if two past lover remain just friends, its either der are still in love or Neva were,,,,,,wat ur comment,reaction are you for or against
and I claim psychology sometimes can be a bug bag of bullcrap

1 Like

Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 18, 2014
harffie:
What if you break up aπϑ you really dislike your ex?
yea, if I really dislike him simply means I cannot remain friends with him, shikena.
Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by ElFenomeno1: 9:42am On Aug 18, 2014
marieolae: It can't happen mehn
No it can happen.
Re: Can Friendship Work Out After Breaking Up With Your Partner? by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 18, 2014
finditng, why the silence sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

6 Things Your Wife Won’t Tell You / Dear Female Nairalanders; See Why Some Men Lose Interest After Sleeping With You / Nigeria Girls Dont Know How To Kiss At All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.