Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,191 members, 7,818,620 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy (6882 Views)

Prophet Tb Joshua 2014 Prophecy About APC & PDP / Now That T.B. Joshua's Prophecy Is True, Will You Visit/attend His Church? / Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:48pm On Aug 24, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

I challenge you to describe the aroma of coffee and let's see how far you will go. cool

Which one? Kenco, Nestle Gold or Arabica?
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:02pm On Aug 24, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

It is not an "attempt". He's programmed thus.

Yes, I'm programmed to take the bible as my final authority just as you are programmed to discredit the truth.
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:03pm On Aug 24, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

Which one? Kenco, Nestle Gold or Arabica?

Anything that you are capable of describing.
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by AlfaSeltzer(m): 4:06pm On Aug 24, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Anything that you are capable of describing.

Why? Something wrong with your nose?

1 Like

Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:11pm On Aug 24, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Fulfilled Prophecy
Seven Compelling Evidences
by Dan Hayden on March 9, 2011; last featured August 3, 2014

Among the many amazing evidences that confirm the Bible’s divine origin, surely the wealth of fulfilled prophecies is near the top. Just a few examples should suffice to dumbfound all but the most hardened critics.

Accurate predictions of future events that have virtually no probability of occurring by coincidence are spectacular precisely because they seem so suprahuman. Popular prognosticators like Nostradamus have entertained generations with their elaborate fortune-telling, despite their pitiful track records of inaccuracy.

WITH IMPECCABLE ACCURACY, THE BIBLE HAS CONSISTENTLY UNVEILED THE FUTURE FOR CENTURIES.

But biblical prophecy is different from all other predictions. With incredible detail, forthright clarity, and impeccable accuracy, the Bible has consistently unveiled the future for centuries.

Critics of the Bible, for instance, have squirmed over the prophetic insights of Daniel, the sixth-century BC Jewish prophet in Babylon. With eye-opening precision, Daniel interpreted two sets of dreams, one by a pagan ruler (chapter 2) and the other by the prophet himself (chapter 7), thereby forecasting the entire course of Middle East history over the next five centuries.

Daniel describes the exact ebb and flow of four empires from Babylon to Medo-Persia to Greece to Rome. He even foresaw the meteoric rise to power of the Greek conqueror Alexander the Great, as well as the final division of his Greek empire by four of his surviving generals (Daniel 7:6, 8:5–8, 11:2–4).

Desperate to counter the implications of this prophetic phenomenon, nineteenth-century skeptics concocted dating schemes that placed the time of Daniel’s writing after the events. Careful research by modern textual scholars, however, has validated the early origin of this prophecy, establishing Daniel as the authentic author.1 Daniel’s prophecy is a genuine “Wow,” which clearly gives evidence of the Bible’s divine nature.

Historical Prophecies

Yet the Bible is filled with other amazing, supernatural predictions, just like Daniel’s, that can be verified by historical records. Historical prophecies that spoke about the future at the time of writing but later came true are particularly effective as an evidence of Scripture’s trustworthiness.

Your ability to point to Ezekiel’s prophecy of the destruction of the Phoenician city Tyre (Ezekiel 26) or Isaiah’s amazing prediction concerning the coming reign of the Persian King Cyrus—two hundred years before his birth (Isaiah 44:28)—will certainly give you an advantage in any discussion on the Bible’s authenticity as a divine book. Only the true God can so consistently predict such distant events, as God Himself asserts (Isaiah 41:21–23, 48:3–5).2

Messianic Prophecies

Just as effective are Messianic prophecies that were validated in the New Testament. Even though the fulfillment of these predictions hundreds of years later is documented within the Bible itself rather than secular history, the impact is still impressive.

Sharing details about any one example should suffice to make your point. Consider Micah, the seventh-century BC prophet who foretold that Christ would be born in Bethlehem (Micah 5:2). Christ’s parents, Mary and Joseph, lived in Nazareth, which was nowhere near Bethlehem. So God used a Roman census for taxation to send Jesus’s earthly parents south on an arduous journey to the little town of His birth.

Yet Micah accurately predicted this event over six hundred years before it occurred. Jesus could not have manipulated these events, nor could Luke, the historian who recorded its fulfillment. More than sixty fulfilled Messianic prophecies like this validate the Bible as the Word of God.

As you familiarise yourself with these categories of amazing biblical predictions, you will certainly be equipped to give amazing evidences that the Bible is God’s impeccable truth for mankind. Perhaps it will even add to your own excitement about your faith.

https://answersingenesis.org/is-the-bible-true/4-fulfilled-prophecy/

Fulfilled prophecies.
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by Weah96: 4:21pm On Aug 24, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Strawman's argument. tongue

How so?

1 Like

Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by dragunov: 4:37pm On Aug 24, 2014
Liveair:

Let me start by saying that Daniel's prophecy cannot be correct.
Daniel 2 & 7 mentioned 4 kingdoms (empires). If the crushing stone symbolised Jesus' kingdom then only 4 empires were expected. However, I can mention 5 empires who ruled that era before AD.
1. Babylonian Empire
2. Persian Empire
3. Macedonian Empire
4. Seleucid Empire
5. Roman Empire.
Now, if you also claim that the empires went beyond Jesus' era, I can also mention another 5 empires after that era, meaning Israel didn't get any kingdom of eternal peace as prophesied in Daniel 2&7.
1. Byzantine Empire
2. Ottoman Empire
3. British Empire
4. Spanish Empire
5. Portuguese Empire

According to Daniel 7, the new Empire(Kingdom) shall never end-this never happened.

You mentioned Ezekiel 26 predicted the destruction of Tyre. Well, Ezekiel 29:9 predicted Egypt's desolation into a waste land; Egypt is still here today! Other nations- Philistia, Moab, Edom, etc were all prophesied to be destroyed too. This shows this were random probable guesses since kingdoms then were routinely conquered.
Its not any better than Nostradamus' prophecy which was linked to 9/11 events after occuring.
These "predictions" were very normal in those days of wars and constant conquests when kingdoms and empires would take up arms and conquer territories so such "prophecy" would likely come sooner or later-nothing special.

Your quote Micah 5:3 doesn't even say anything other than a woman will give birth to a son to rule Israel. This is quite laughable since only a woman can definitely bear children. Its vagueness is such that it could have meant any child; no name, parents name or specific time of birth was even mentioned.

Your quote Isaiah 44:28 to have prophesied the leadership of Cyrus of persia.
The book of Isaiah has long been proven to have been written not by one but by upto three authors. Chapters 40-end were written by anonymous authors around 6th century, during and after the exile - nothing predictive here since it was during Cyrus' era.

As regards Jesus, the Talmud had predicted through Micah and Isaiah the coming of a king called IMMANUEL. Jesus' name in Hebrew was YESHUA, meaning "GOD SAVES". Immanuel however, means "GOD WITH US".
These names are completely different and Jesus was not named Immanuel at any time. Only his follower had over centuries, tried to link them together.
Point of correction muchacho, Macedonian Empire
and Seleucid Empire are both Greek. Okay?
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by Liveair: 5:40pm On Aug 24, 2014
dragunov: Point of correction muchacho, Macedonian Empire
and Seleucid Empire are both Greek. Okay?
Very poor analysis. Who mentioned Muchacho?
For your info, Seleucid Empire was one in its rights, acquiring territories to the east, beyond previous Macedonian area. Calling it Greek empire is only for convenience but wrong. Alexander was not considered a greek but Macedonian. Besides Empires where only made by acquiring and losing territories so what's your point?
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by dragunov: 7:03pm On Aug 24, 2014
Liveair:
Very poor analysis. Who mentioned Muchacho?
For your info, Seleucid Empire was one in its rights, acquiring territories to the east, beyond previous Macedonian area. Calling it Greek empire is only for convenience but wrong. Alexander was not considered a greek but Macedonian. Besides Empires where only made by acquiring and losing territories so what's your point?
BWUUAAAAAAAAAAH! Muchacho, you make me laugh. Damn! You know something amigo? You need to stop swimming in shallow waters. Delve deeper. Comprende?
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by Liveair: 7:59pm On Aug 24, 2014
dragunov: BWUUAAAAAAAAAAH! Muchacho, you make me laugh. Damn! You know something amigo? You need to stop swimming in shallow waters. Delve deeper. Comprende?
You need to lay your facts out here. Please tell us about your "Muchacho empire" or stick to the thread.
By the way, STOP DRINKING.
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by Liveair: 8:09pm On Aug 24, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Fulfilled prophecies.

Pls give more and better Prophecies for discussion and leave those already debunked.
This is the Mindset that convinces people to bomb other as INFIDELS 'cos their debunked book told them so.
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by dragunov: 8:25pm On Aug 24, 2014
Liveair:
You need to lay your facts out here. Please tell us about your "Muchacho empire" or stick to the thread.
By the way, STOP DRINKING.
Listen boy, there aint no muchacho empire. When I said muchacho, I was referring to you. And like I said do away with those elementary Slavic History books you are reading and do the real thing. Macedonia of old and the Seluecid empire were Greek. Locco!
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by Liveair: 8:57pm On Aug 24, 2014
dragunov: Listen boy, there aint no muchacho empire. When I said muchacho, I was referring to you. And like I said do away with those elementary Slavic History books you are reading and do the real thing. Macedonia of old and the Seluecid empire were Greek. Locco!
Its not spelt Seluecid but SELEUCID ok.
I think you need a course on Empires.
By the way, I don't speak spanish (muchacho).
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by dragunov: 7:40am On Aug 25, 2014
Liveair:
Its not spelt Seluecid but SELEUCID ok.
I think you need a course on Empires.
By the way, I don't speak spanish (muchacho).
No wonder you thought muchacho was an empire. And why vent your spleen on a typo? Shows you've run out of ideas. El pojo!
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by Liveair: 7:49am On Aug 25, 2014
dragunov: No wonder you thought muchacho was an empire. And why vent your spleen on a typo? Shows you've run out of ideas. El pojo!
Hahaha, as if you had any ideas at all from the onset.
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by dragunov: 8:44am On Aug 25, 2014
Liveair:
Hahaha, as if you had any ideas at all from the onset.
No use talking to you 'cause you'll never gonna learn. I'm out of here forb good. Should have noticed when others stopped responding to you. Guess they figured out you are a hopeless case fast enough. But I kinda have this thing about hoping against hopelessness for cases like you. Think I was wrong. And don't bother responding 'cause I aint going to be there to read your shit. Busso!
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:47am On Aug 25, 2014
Liveair:

Pls give more and better Prophecies for discussion and leave those already debunked.
This is the Mindset that convinces people to bomb other as INFIDELS 'cos their debunked book told them so.

You have not debunked anything. Go back to the "Jesus Seminar" from where you've learnt your trade.
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by Liveair: 6:45pm On Aug 25, 2014
dragunov: No use talking to you 'cause you'll never gonna learn. I'm out of here forb good. Should have noticed when others stopped responding to you. Guess they figured out you are a hopeless case fast enough. But I kinda have this thing about hoping against hopelessness for cases like you. Think I was wrong. And don't bother responding 'cause I aint going to be there to read your shit. Busso!

You are really a kid! Am sure people thought you had something to offer here with your poor spanish.
Instead of you to at least learn something, you throw insults on every post like you know something.
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by Liveair: 6:49pm On Aug 25, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

You have not debunked anything. Go back to the "Jesus Seminar" from where you've learnt your trade.
Well, like they say, "some people will never learn".
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:43am On Aug 29, 2014
Liveair:

Well, like they say, "some people will never learn".

Don't learn lies learn the truth and it will set you free indeed.
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by Liveair: 12:03pm On Aug 29, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Don't learn lies learn the truth and it will set you free indeed.
All you are doing is trying to convince yourself that the Straw you are hanging on to isn't eroded.
Go and read about giant Mamoth carcasses exhumed from snow in Siberia. The 35,000 years age alone tells you that the bible story of creation which is about 6000 year ago is false.
Wake up to reality not lies ok.
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:17pm On Aug 29, 2014
Liveair:

All you are doing is trying to convince yourself that the Straw you are hanging on to isn't eroded.
Go and read about giant Mamoth carcasses exhumed from snow in Siberia. The 35,000 years age alone tells you that the bible story of creation which is about 6000 year ago is false.
Wake up to reality not lies ok.

What's your evidence that it is 35,000 years old? It is your choice to believe a lie from the pit of hell.
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by Liveair: 1:23pm On Aug 29, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

What's your evidence that it is 35,000 years old? It is your choice to believe a lie from the pit of hell.

That is scientific ingenuity at work.
Methods like Radio-active Dating, Dendrochronological Dating, and Radiograghic Dating are used. These are very reliable methods used by archaeologists the world over.

You can choose to hold on to your biblical fables while the truth about mans' existence on earth is unravelled by science.
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:59pm On Aug 29, 2014
Liveair:

That is scientific ingenuity at work.
Methods like Radio-active Dating, Dendrochronological Dating, and Radiograghic Dating are used. These are very reliable methods used by archaeologists the world over.

You can choose to hold on to your biblical fables while the truth about mans' existence on earth is unravelled by science.

Dating methods may be scientific but human beings still have to interprete the data according to their presuppositions. Carbon dating strongly supports a young earth.
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by Liveair: 2:27pm On Aug 29, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Dating methods may be scientific but human beings still have to interprete the data according to their presuppositions. Carbon dating strongly supports a young earth.

I can see you don't know much about dating. Do more research, read more to know.
Am sure you don't even know that Egypt is in its 7th Millenium (7,000 years) of history. Older than bible creation - maybe Egypt was not part of "creation".
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:44pm On Aug 29, 2014
Liveair:

I can see you don't know much about dating. Do more research, read more to know.
Am sure you don't even know that Egypt is in its 7th Millenium (7,000 years) of history. Older than bible creation - maybe Egypt was not part of "creation".

All radiometric dating methods use scientific procedures in the present to interpret what has happened in the past. The procedures used are not what I'm questioning, it's the interpretation of the past event that scientists make is what determines what age they will come up with.

The question you should ask yourself is, which worldview does science support?
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by Liveair: 3:17pm On Aug 29, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

All radiometric dating methods use scientific procedures in the present to interpret what has happened in the past. The procedures used are not what I'm questioning, it's the interpretation of the past event that scientists make is what determines what age they will come up with.

The question you should ask yourself is, which worldview does science support?

Oh, you think Scientists are just one block of people somewhere that just put their heads together and decide to misinterpret findings? Very funny.
Scientists are some of the most independent individuals who also want to outdo each other by debunking each others' findings.

Every discovery is tested, re-tested, verified and re-verified by independent bodies over an extensive period before its even called a Hypothesis, let alone a Law for application.

There isn't any "worldview" here. There is only proof or fable.
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:20pm On Aug 29, 2014
Liveair:

Oh, you think Scientists are just one block of people somewhere that just put their heads together and decide to misinterpret findings? Very funny.
Scientists are some of the most independent individuals who also want to outdo each other by debunking each others' findings.

Science procedures does not interpret. Scientists are the ones who interpret the present with what has happened in the past. Those with Christian worldview interpret it according to the creation event and those who are have evolutionist worldview interpret it accordingly.

Liveair:

Every discovery is tested, re-tested, verified and re-verified by independent bodies over an extensive period before its even called a Hypothesis, let alone a Law for application.

You should not just swallow whatever interpretation of the data given. You should ask whether the data is derived from empirical, observational science or an interpretation of past events?

Liveair:

There isn't any "worldview" here. There is only proof or fable.

You are mixing observational science and historical science together.
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by Liveair: 7:30pm On Aug 29, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Science procedures does not interpret. Scientists are the ones who interpret the present with what has happened in the past. Those with Christian worldview interpret it according to the creation event and those who are have evolutionist worldview interpret it accordingly.

You should not just swallow whatever interpretation of the data given. You should ask whether the data is derived from empirical, observational science or an interpretation of past events?

You are mixing observational science and historical science together.

Even a kid wouldn't post such mediocre arguement.

Please give one "Christian Scientific Worldview" or "Interpretation" that proves that ancient Dinosaur fossils are less than the 6000 years of your biblical creation.
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:16am On Aug 30, 2014
Liveair:

Even a kid wouldn't post such mediocre arguement.

Please give one "Christian Scientific Worldview" or "Interpretation" that proves that ancient Dinosaur fossils are less than the 6000 years of your biblical creation.

All radiometric dating methods are based on assumptions about events that occurred in the past. The assumptions in evolutionary dating process will lead to results biased toward long ages while results that support the biblical account of a global Flood and a young earth shows assumptions in the Christian worldview. It is as simple as that.
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by Weah96: 2:25am On Aug 30, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

All radiometric dating methods are based on assumptions about events that occurred in the past.

What do you mean? What assumptions?
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by Liveair: 4:33am On Aug 30, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

All radiometric dating methods are based on assumptions about events that occurred in the past. The assumptions in evolutionary dating process will lead to results biased toward long ages while results that support the biblical account of a global Flood and a young earth shows assumptions in the Christian worldview. It is as simple as that.

You are not reading and researching enough bro, trying to make rubbish of processes that are almost error proof.
I asked you earlier, give another worldview that says Dinosaurs are not older than 6000 years.

Have you heard of ancient trees of over 9000 years?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_oldest_trees

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Killed Mohammed: A Jewish Woman Or Aisha / Gays Throw Excrement At Xtians And Wipe Their Anuses With Pages Of The Bible / Let The Best Come Out Of You – Dr. Mike Okonkwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.