Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy (6867 Views)

Prophet Tb Joshua 2014 Prophecy About APC & PDP / Now That T.B. Joshua's Prophecy Is True, Will You Visit/attend His Church? / Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by davien(m): 2:06pm On Sep 10, 2014
After watching your video i have seen as usual the tenants i have pointed out which i would identify here
MISREPRESENTATIONS
Merely 26 seconds into the video...evolution is defined as "life arising from non-life" and "molecules to man" accusations just 11 seconds after the first misrepresentation... and evolution isn't just a "things change" definition...it is defined as the gradual change of organisms through inheritance and allele frequency changes and distribution...
And at 45 seconds start the usual accusation that evolution isn't testable whereas i posted a link(if you had bothered to check of scientific experiments where evolution was observed and tested in the labouratory)
[url] http://phylointelligence.com/observed.html [/url]
Lizards of the species Podarcis sicula from a nearby island were introduced by scientists to a new island previously uninhabited by scientists in 1971. Since then, several evolutionary changes have occurred. The lizards now have larger heads and stronger bites. In addition, the population has evolved cecal valves, entirely new organs.
And by 1 minute the presenter claims no known evidence of genetic information being added to organisms'...hmmm lets see again...from phylointelligence.com
Evolution of novel genes and function in HIV

The HIV virus has recently undergone rapid evolution which has resulted in the emergence of new genetic information; specifically, the Vpu gene

And the "life has not been observed to come from non-life" is vaguely arbituary.....what is life?...if not the conglumeration of elements,compounds and mixtures...are those not "non-life" that make-up life? undecided undecided and they even debunk their own mythology where "god" creates humans from sand... is sand not "non-life"? grin grin grin grin

OLAADEGBU:
Evolution is refuted in this short videoclip. Check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWecPwrQv2c?list=PL1v9pqs4w1mxRVplL9I5Pq_qQH9jy8b1V
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:25pm On Sep 10, 2014
davien:

After watching your video i have seen as usual the tenants i have pointed out which i would identify here
MISREPRESENTATIONS
Merely 26 seconds into the video...evolution is defined as "life arising from non-life" and "molecules to man" accusations just 11 seconds after the first misrepresentation... and evolution isn't just a "things change" definition...it is defined as the gradual change of organisms through inheritance and allele frequency changes and distribution...
And at 45 seconds start the usual accusation that evolution isn't testable whereas i posted a link(if you had bothered to check of scientific experiments where evolution was observed and tested in the labouratory)
Lizards of the species Podarcis sicula from a nearby island were introduced by scientists to a new island previously uninhabited by scientists in 1971. Since then, several evolutionary changes have occurred. The lizards now have larger heads and stronger bites. In addition, the population has evolved cecal valves, entirely new organs.
And by 1 minute the presenter claims no known evidence of genetic information being added to organisms'...hmmm lets see again...from phylointelligence.com

The HIV virus has recently undergone rapid evolution which has resulted in the emergence of new genetic information; specifically, the Vpu gene

And the "life has not been observed to come from non-life" is vaguely arbituary.....what is life?...if not the conglumeration of elements,compounds and mixtures...are those not "non-life" that make-up life? undecided undecided and they even debunk their own mythology where "god" creates humans from sand... is sand not "non-life"? grin grin grin grin

If anyone is misunderstanding, misrepresenting and misconstruing science at all it is you. Check out the nature of science in the videoclip below and discover what reals science is and how it confirms the accuracy of the Bible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1Z0PAqgjWo
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by davien(m): 2:29pm On Sep 10, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

If anyone is misunderstanding, misrepresenting and misconstruing science at all it is you. Check out the nature of science in the videoclip below and discover what reals science is and how it confirms the accuracy of the Bible:

lol...you've jumped from one video assertion to the next.. grin ...note that i will again watch this video and comment on how it "confirms the accuracy of the bible" wink ...while i do such,olaadegbu why not comment on the previous video you uploaded of which i made haste to eviscerate... tongue
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:38pm On Sep 10, 2014
davien:

lol...you've jumped from one video assertion to the next.. grin ...note that i will again watch this video and comment on how it "confirms the accuracy of the bible" wink ...while i do such,olaadegbu why not comment on the previous video you uploaded of which i made haste to eviscerate... tongue

The subsequent videoclip corrected your wrong assertions that evolution equals science. Evolution is not even a scientific hypothesis not to talk of it being a scientific law. It is only an imaginative fairytale for adults. True science confirms the Bible.
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by davien(m): 4:07pm On Sep 10, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

MISREPRESENTATIONS
Pathetically again all what the presenter does is misrepresent everything he possible can.... barely 5 seconds he claims have you heard of an "explosion in space" ... misrepresenting the big bang,the big bang isn't even an "explosion" but got this popular description when steady state theorists tried to degrade it...it is the expansion of the universe from a point cosmologists understand to be a singularity..that-is to say space and everything of it were constructs manifested from such an event and were not already around it as misrepresented in the video
And again 22 seconds in there is the claim that their is a "huge difference between historical science and observational science" of which the presenter claims the history of the french tower is in the past...therefore can't be "repeated"
This straw-man is a usual creationist classic...you can't "Repeat the past" ...and already the presenter goes ahead to claim historical science require documents to sometimes verify it(i do not disagree with this),but then goes on to say "god was there to observe the creation of the earth therefore the bible is true" and then the voucher self-approves the bible as "trust-worthy" in all it teaches at 2 minutes 49 seconds in the video...how that is established the presenter doesn't say... and 4 seconds after claims secular scholars claim the bible records "accurate historical events" and then claims that the bible is the "most trustworthy historical document from the most trust-worthy eye-witness" and then claims that since the universe is logical and orderly therefore there should be a "logical creator" at 3 minutes and 12 seconds in the video...that "imposed order on his creation" and then claims it doesn't make sense atall if the universe is an accidental explosion ....note that the presenter values what makes sense to him in regards to his religion than what is verify-ably true and then claims "our minds are able to comprehend many things about the universe therefore a creator of the did it to explore the universe" and then claims yet again that it "doesn't make sense if our brains are by-products of chance" and then claims at the end that we can experiment on things based on thinking that "laws have remained the same...therefore a law-giver gave them"...
THERE IS SO MUCH TO DIVULGE HERE THAT I WOULD DIVIDE AND DISCUSS THEM ALL FOR CONVENIENCE SAKE
MY TAKE ON THE VIDEO;
Immediately the presenter tries to create a wedge between observation science and historical science by accusing historical science of being non-repeatable therefore cannot be told to be true on all points,therefore documents are required to validate history...why this is true(atleast that the past can't be verified 100%) i would try to explain why this wedge is nothing more than a goose-chase from the facts...
Now we are at the seen of a crime...
REPETITION OF THE PAST
a woman's throat was slit and we are trying to figure out what happened....we see a note that appears to be the womans hand-writing of suicide...now do we investigate further or close the case because we have a document that claims to be from an eye-witness...using the presenters' analogy we should take the note as it is and forget about investigating further....and then on the talk of not knowing if the laws of nature were the same in the past the investigators may just conclude that it can't be known if the woman didn't just meta-physically appear by "god" with a slit throat by the presenters analogy...
Forensic science today tries to piece together all the available data and information present at the scene of a crime to create the best possible explanations for occurences in the past and this has rewarded them greatly...
SECULAR SCHOLARS AGREE THE BIBLE IS TRUST-WORTHY
This is an extract from a scholar
[b] It is now evident that the selection of Abraham, with his close connection to Hebron, Judah's earliest royal city, and to Jerusalem . . . was meant also to emphasize the primacy of Judah even in the earliest eras of Israel's history. It is almost as if an American scripture describing pre-Columbian history placed inordinate attention on Manhattan Island or on the tract of land that would later become Washington, D.C. The pointed political meaning of the inclusion of such a detail in a larger narrative at least calls into question its historical credibility. — p. 43

The authors conclude that the patriarchal traditions

must be considered as a sort of pious "prehistory" of Israel in which Judah played a decisive role. They describe the very early history of the nation, delineate ethnic boundaries, emphasize that the Israelites were outsiders and not part of the indigenous population of Canaan, and embrace the traditions of both the north and the south, while ultimately stressing the superiority of Judah. — p. 45

Rather than a chronicle or history, evidence indicates that this part of Genesis was a national epic created in the seventh century BCE which successfully joined many regional legendary ancestors into one unified tradition.

A second series of biblical events revolves around the slavery of the Jewish people in Egypt, the miraculous escape of 600,000 led by Moses, their wandering in the wilderness for forty years, their swift conquest of the Promised Land under Joshua, and the slaughter of all the original inhabitants. These events, memorialized in major Jewish festivals, occupy four of the first five books of the Bible traditionally attributed to Moses. Physical evidence and historical texts confirm that Canaanites had traditionally settled in the prosperous east delta region of Egypt, particularly in times of drought, famine, and war. Some came as landless conscripts and prisoners of war, others as farmers, herders, or tradesmen. Egyptian historians tell of the Hyksos, Canaanite immigrants who became dominant in a great delta city and were forcibly expelled by the Egyptians around 1570 BCE. After the Hyksos expulsion, the Egyptian government controlled immigration from Canaan closely and built forts along the eastern delta and at one-day intervals along the Mediterreanean coast to Gaza. These forts kept extensive records, none of which mention the Israelites or any other foreign ethnic group entering, leaving, or living as a people in the delta. [/b] from [url] http://www.theosociety.org/pasadena/sunrise/52-02-3/xt-sbd2.htm [/url]
These are just a few notions i can write-up
ACCURATE HISTORICAL EVENTS
The bible as reviewed by history and chronology does not contain any accurate historical event...
When was Jesus born? According to Luke, it was during the reign of the Roman governor Quirinius, during a census ordered by Augustus throughout the whole world.(9) According to both Luke and Matthew it was also during the reign of king Herod "the Great."(10) The problem is that Herod died in 4 B.C.E., and this was fully ten years before Quirinius' census. Furthermore, during Herod's reign, no Roman census could have been held in his territory, which included both Judaea and Galilee, the locations of both Bethlehem and Nazareth.(11) Herod would have collected his own taxes, and given tribute to the Romans. Lastly, the existence of a census throughout the whole empire is contrary to the practice of the Romans, who collected taxes province by province, often subcontracting the process to "publicans." [url] http://www.answering-christianity.com/abdullah_smith/historical_errors_in_the_gospels-3.htm [/url]
[url] THE UNIVERSE IS LOGICAL,THEREFORE A LOGICAL CREATOR EXISTS [/url]
We might as well say sand is dusty...therefore a dusty sand maker exists...the universe being "logical" has nothing to do with "god/gods" but with our ability to represent natural phenomenon through simple cause and effect notations and mathematical models and theorems...not just "word play" but careful study and re-study..that is the work of science...
And my rebuttal to this aspect of the video is to ask how logical it is to make 13.8 billion light-years of space filled with billions of galaxies occupied by billions of stars...occupied by billions of planets,moons,asteroids etc to occupy one planet at the rim of a galaxy's inner arm with human beings instead of comfortably with the alleged being in "heaven"...and how logical is it that my food can get lodge in my throat and kill me?
WHAT MAKES SENSE
Creationists use this statement to get away with their claims by ridiculing anything they go against to make their extra-ordinary claims of deities as credible....all i will say concerning this is that "what makes sense" is different from what can be shown to be true...for ages mankind believed what "makes sense" and most of it turned out to be wrong...from the flat-earth to steady-state theory etc
LAW-GIVER
This is the equivocation of terms between laws at the court-level and laws at the physics level....laws at the physics levels are phenomena that have been demonstrated to be true no matter the circumstances...they are not given but reside in the nature of the universe...the three sides of a triangle for instance cannot be given nor changed because it is a definitive concept that is true no matter where you are in the universe unless the definition or usage of the term is changed...the properties remain the same... grin grin grin
Wheeew olaadegbu...how many video's will you use to shift the burden of proof this time...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by davien(m): 4:17pm On Sep 10, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

The subsequent videoclip corrected your wrong assertions that evolution equals science. Evolution is not even a scientific hypothesis not to talk of it being a scientific law. It is only an imaginative fairytale for adults. True science confirms the Bible.
did you bother to respond to my evisceration of the claimed video debunking evolution...or are you just going to ignore it as usual...oh and your second video debunked by me is above....you're welcome wink
davien: After watching your video i have seen as usual the tenants i have pointed out which i would identify here
MISREPRESENTATIONS

Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:52pm On Sep 10, 2014
davien:

MISREPRESENTATIONS
Pathetically again all what the presenter does is misrepresent everything he possible can.... barely 5 seconds he claims have you heard of an "explosion in space" ... misrepresenting the big bang,the big bang isn't even an "explosion" but got this popular description when steady state theorists tried to degrade it...it is the expansion of the universe from a point cosmologists understand to be a singularity..that-is to say space and everything of it were constructs manifested from such an event and were not already around it as misrepresented in the video
And again 22 seconds in there is the claim that their is a "huge difference between historical science and observational science" of which the presenter claims the history of the french tower is in the past...therefore can't be "repeated"
This straw-man is a usual creationist classic...you can't "Repeat the past" ...and already the presenter goes ahead to claim historical science require documents to sometimes verify it(i do not disagree with this),but then goes on to say "god was there to observe the creation of the earth therefore the bible is true" and then the voucher self-approves the bible as "trust-worthy" in all it teaches at 2 minutes 49 seconds in the video...how that is established the presenter doesn't say... and 4 seconds after claims secular scholars claim the bible records "accurate historical events" and then claims that the bible is the "most trustworthy historical document from the most trust-worthy eye-witness" and then claims that since the universe is logical and orderly therefore there should be a "logical creator" at 3 minutes and 12 seconds in the video...that "imposed order on his creation" and then claims it doesn't make sense atall if the universe is an accidental explosion ....note that the presenter values what makes sense to him in regards to his religion than what is verify-ably true and then claims "our minds are able to comprehend many things about the universe therefore a creator of the did it to explore the universe" and then claims yet again that it "doesn't make sense if our brains are by-products of chance" and then claims at the end that we can experiment on things based on thinking that "laws have remained the same...therefore a law-giver gave them"...
THERE IS SO MUCH TO DIVULGE HERE THAT I WOULD DIVIDE AND DISCUSS THEM ALL FOR CONVENIENCE SAKE
MY TAKE ON THE VIDEO;
Immediately the presenter tries to create a wedge between observation science and historical science by accusing historical science of being non-repeatable therefore cannot be told to be true on all points,therefore documents are required to validate history...why this is true(atleast that the past can't be verified 100%) i would try to explain why this wedge is nothing more than a goose-chase from the facts...
Now we are at the seen of a crime...
REPETITION OF THE PAST
a woman's throat was slit and we are trying to figure out what happened....we see a note that appears to be the womans hand-writing of suicide...now do we investigate further or close the case because we have a document that claims to be from an eye-witness...using the presenters' analogy we should take the note as it is and forget about investigating further....and then on the talk of not knowing if the laws of nature were the same in the past the investigators may just conclude that it can't be known if the woman didn't just meta-physically appear by "god" with a slit throat by the presenters analogy...
Forensic science today tries to piece together all the available data and information present at the scene of a crime to create the best possible explanations for occurences in the past and this has rewarded them greatly...
SECULAR SCHOLARS AGREE THE BIBLE IS TRUST-WORTHY
This is an extract from a scholar
[b] It is now evident that the selection of Abraham, with his close connection to Hebron, Judah's earliest royal city, and to Jerusalem . . . was meant also to emphasize the primacy of Judah even in the earliest eras of Israel's history. It is almost as if an American scripture describing pre-Columbian history placed inordinate attention on Manhattan Island or on the tract of land that would later become Washington, D.C. The pointed political meaning of the inclusion of such a detail in a larger narrative at least calls into question its historical credibility. — p. 43

The authors conclude that the patriarchal traditions

must be considered as a sort of pious "prehistory" of Israel in which Judah played a decisive role. They describe the very early history of the nation, delineate ethnic boundaries, emphasize that the Israelites were outsiders and not part of the indigenous population of Canaan, and embrace the traditions of both the north and the south, while ultimately stressing the superiority of Judah. — p. 45

Rather than a chronicle or history, evidence indicates that this part of Genesis was a national epic created in the seventh century BCE which successfully joined many regional legendary ancestors into one unified tradition.

A second series of biblical events revolves around the slavery of the Jewish people in Egypt, the miraculous escape of 600,000 led by Moses, their wandering in the wilderness for forty years, their swift conquest of the Promised Land under Joshua, and the slaughter of all the original inhabitants. These events, memorialized in major Jewish festivals, occupy four of the first five books of the Bible traditionally attributed to Moses. Physical evidence and historical texts confirm that Canaanites had traditionally settled in the prosperous east delta region of Egypt, particularly in times of drought, famine, and war. Some came as landless conscripts and prisoners of war, others as farmers, herders, or tradesmen. Egyptian historians tell of the Hyksos, Canaanite immigrants who became dominant in a great delta city and were forcibly expelled by the Egyptians around 1570 BCE. After the Hyksos expulsion, the Egyptian government controlled immigration from Canaan closely and built forts along the eastern delta and at one-day intervals along the Mediterreanean coast to Gaza. These forts kept extensive records, none of which mention the Israelites or any other foreign ethnic group entering, leaving, or living as a people in the delta. [/b] from [url] http://www.theosociety.org/pasadena/sunrise/52-02-3/xt-sbd2.htm [/url]
These are just a few notions i can write-up
ACCURATE HISTORICAL EVENTS
The bible as reviewed by history and chronology does not contain any accurate historical event...
When was Jesus born? According to Luke, it was during the reign of the Roman governor Quirinius, during a census ordered by Augustus throughout the whole world.(9) According to both Luke and Matthew it was also during the reign of king Herod "the Great."(10) The problem is that Herod died in 4 B.C.E., and this was fully ten years before Quirinius' census. Furthermore, during Herod's reign, no Roman census could have been held in his territory, which included both Judaea and Galilee, the locations of both Bethlehem and Nazareth.(11) Herod would have collected his own taxes, and given tribute to the Romans. Lastly, the existence of a census throughout the whole empire is contrary to the practice of the Romans, who collected taxes province by province, often subcontracting the process to "publicans." [url] http://www.answering-christianity.com/abdullah_smith/historical_errors_in_the_gospels-3.htm [/url]
[url] THE UNIVERSE IS LOGICAL,THEREFORE A LOGICAL CREATOR EXISTS [/url]
We might as well say sand is dusty...therefore a dusty sand maker exists...the universe being "logical" has nothing to do with "god/gods" but with our ability to represent natural phenomenon through simple cause and effect notations and mathematical models and theorems...not just "word play" but careful study and re-study..that is the work of science...
And my rebuttal to this aspect of the video is to ask how logical it is to make 13.8 billion light-years of space filled with billions of galaxies occupied by billions of stars...occupied by billions of planets,moons,asteroids etc to occupy one planet at the rim of a galaxy's inner arm with human beings instead of comfortably with the alleged being in "heaven"...and how logical is it that my food can get lodge in my throat and kill me?
WHAT MAKES SENSE
Creationists use this statement to get away with their claims by ridiculing anything they go against to make their extra-ordinary claims of deities as credible....all i will say concerning this is that "what makes sense" is different from what can be shown to be true...for ages mankind believed what "makes sense" and most of it turned out to be wrong...from the flat-earth to steady-state theory etc
LAW-GIVER
This is the equivocation of terms between laws at the court-level and laws at the physics level....laws at the physics levels are phenomena that have been demonstrated to be true no matter the circumstances...they are not given but reside in the nature of the universe...the three sides of a triangle for instance cannot be given nor changed because it is a definitive concept that is true no matter where you are in the universe unless the definition or usage of the term is changed...the properties remain the same... grin grin grin
Wheeew olaadegbu...how many video's will you use to shift the burden of proof this time...

I commend you for painstakingly going through the videoclips posted and stating your views even if they are sincerely wrong. Have you heard of circumstantial evidence and how it can be used in courts?

The fact that Abraham Lincoln was born, became president, or was assassinated cannot be proven using scientific methods.  To be scientific it must be repeatable (as in the testing of gravity).  The proofs that Lincoln did exist and was a historical figure are:

1. the written evidence,
2. eyewitness testimony,
3. physical evidence that remains to this day at the Ford Theatre, birth records and newspaper articles regarding his election.

All these facts are acceptable in a court of law as proof to a judge and jury.

Garry T. Ansdell (D.D.) made a case out of this when he stated that "The resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead is evidential:

1. the empty tomb still exists,
2. His birth record is documented all the way back to Adam and Eve,
3. the four Gospels record His death;
4. the location, even the names of the political leaders who sentenced Him are historically recorded;
5. there were more than five hundred eyewitnesses who saw Jesus after the resurrection, recorded by the New Testament writers;
6. the very existence of the Christian faith, based on His death and resurrection;
7. the cultural and political evidence at the time, including the Roman calender separating all of time into Before Christ (B.C.) and in the year of our Lord (A.D.)."

That is why the Bible is the most trustworthy historical document from the most trust-worthy eye-witness. wink
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by tartar9(m): 5:37pm On Sep 10, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

I commend you for painstakingly going through the videoclips posted and stating your views even if they are sincerely wrong. Have you heard of circumstantial evidence and how it can be used in courts?

The fact that Abraham Lincoln was born, became president, or was assassinated cannot be proven using scientific methods.  To be scientific it must be repeatable (as in the testing of gravity).  The proofs that Lincoln did exist and was a historical figure are:

1. the written evidence,
2. eyewitness testimony,
3. physical evidence that remains to this day at the Ford Theatre, birth records and newspaper articles regarding his election.

Garry T. Ansdell (D.D.) made a case out of this when he stated that "The resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead is evidential:

4. the location, even the names of the political leaders who sentenced Him are historically recorded;
5. there were more than five hundred eyewitnesses who saw Jesus after the resurrection, recorded by the New Testament writers;
6. the very existence of the Christian faith, based on His death and resurrection;
7. the cultural and political evidence at the time, including the Roman calender separating all of time into Before Christ (B.C.) and in the year of our Lord (A.D.)."

That is why the Bible is the most trustworthy historical document from the most trust-worthy eye-witness. wink
lame reasons.
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by davien(m): 5:52pm On Sep 10, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

1. the written evidence,
2. eyewitness testimony,

No olaadegbu...science is not confined to repeat-able testing for confirmation of history...objects can be dated and back-tracked for their point of origin..that said i will easily break down your 7 evidences....and i will like for you to point out the mistakes or factual errors debunking all your statements because i've discussed the basic deceptions that have been employed on all video's and yet you've refused to acknowledge any of it...mere shrugs at the rebuttals is all you've done so far
THE EMPTY TOMB EXISTS
The existence of an empty tomb is not evidence of "jesus" existence....why? [b] we must therefore consider all the explanations for it being empty. The possible explanations are 1) Jesus didn’t die on the cross. Having survived, he escaped from the tomb, 2) Thieves stole Jesus’ body, 3) Jesus’ disciplines came and stole his body, 4) Jesus rose from the dead, moved the stone, made the guard go to sleep, etc. as the Gospels describe.

Christians argue that the 1st explanation is ruled out because a) medically speaking, the wounds Jesus was inflicted with were too brutal for anyone with a human body to have survived, b) Jesus was pierced in the side by a spear from a Roman guard, which would have caused too much damage and loss of blood for him to have survived, c) Even if Jesus was still alive after the crucifixion, he would have been too weak to have moved the huge stone that covered the entrance to his tomb, nevertheless get past the Roman guard on post to protect the tomb from robbers.

They consider the 2nd and 3rd explanations to also be ruled out, because a) the Roman guard stationed at the tomb to protect it from robbers would not have fallen asleep because in those days, they would be executed for such a failure, and b) it would take too much force to move the large stone covering the tomb entrance anyway.

Therefore, they conclude that the 4th explanation is the only possible one, that Jesus rose from the dead, used his divine powers to roll back the stone and cause the guard to go to sleep, and appeared to his disciples. How convenient.

The problem with all this, again, is that it assumes that the events described in the Gospels are historical facts. Any unbiased historian will tell you that the Gospels were written with an agenda to preach the good news to people in order to convert the masses. Therefore, we have zero evidence that any of the events surround the Resurrection even took place as described.

In fact, I could use the same arguments above in a similar manner to attempt to prove certain things about Superman as well.

Christian Argument # 1:

Jesus was born of a virgin. Therefore he must have been divine, because no ordinary human could have been born of a virgin.

Likewise

Superman Argument # 1:

As a baby, Superman was sent to Earth in a meteor shaped rocket ship. Nothing of this world could have designed a ship like that that could travel for so many light years. Therefore, he must have truly been of extraterrestrial origin!

Christian Argument # 2:

During Jesus' ministry, he performed supernatural miracles such as feeding the three thousand, healing the sick, and walking over water. These miracles can only be done by someone divine.

Likewise

Superman Argument # 2:

During Superman's life, he can go faster than a speeding bullet, is more powerful than a locomotive, and leap over tall buildings in a single bound. These superhuman feats can only be done by someone from out of this world!

Christian Argument # 3:

The people around Jesus were witnesses to all the miracles and supernatural feats he did. There were also witnesses to his resurrection as well.

Likewise

Superman Argument # 3:

When Superman saves lives in Metropolis and around the world, there are usually plenty of witnesses and reporters who witness and capture on film his amazing rescues with his amazing powers. [/b]

BIRTH RECORD
The "birth record" you are talking about are letters and passages compiled and debated by the roman church on what the bible should include...popular opinion won the vote and unpopular mythologies and passages were rejected from your "birth record" even after being referenced by approved passages and they include;
The wars of the lord (Numbers 21:14)
The book of Statutes(1st Samuel 10:25)
The sayings of the seers(2nd Chronicles 33:19)
The Acts of Uzziah written by isaiah (2nd Chronicles 26:22)
The prophecies of enoch (jude 14)
An epistle to the Laodiceans ( Colossians 4:16)
etc
So are you referring to the compilation of hand-picked voted stories as a "birth record"? lol grin grin grin grin

THE FOUR GOSPELS RECORD DEATH
Already having debunked the bible as a historical document i will still digress on why four "gospels" hold nothing as historical evidence
The first three Gospels Matthew, Mark and Luke are termed the Synoptic Gospels and are regarded by Biblical scholars, both Christian and secular, to be older than John. (The dating of the Gospels is not known, and estimates vary among scholars, with Christian scholars posing earlier estimates than secular scholars, not surprisingly. Secular scholars tend to place the dating of the Gospels after 70 AD though. See Dating of the Synoptics) Mark is regarded as the oldest, followed by Matthew and Luke, then by John. Now the central theology doctrine of Christianity today teaches a salvation by faith through grace, by believing that Jesus died on the cross for your sins and rose from the grave. This doctrine is central and fundamental to the Christian Gospel. However, this form of salvation is NOT taught in Matthew, Mark and Luke, which are the oldest of the Gospels! The basis for the Christian Gospel of salvation by faith and the atonement comes from the book of John

In the Gospel of Matthew, there is NOT ONE WORD about having to believe on Jesus in order to go to heaven. In fact, there is not one word about having to "believe" in anything at all to get to heaven! There is no mention of the atonement or of salvation by faith. In fact, Jesus says that all you have to do for God to forgive your sins is this:
[b]
"For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:" (Matthew 6:14)
Later in that Gospel, when someone asked Jesus directly what he had to do to be saved and have eternal life, Matthew clearly records a salvation by works:
matt. 19:16-21: "and, behold, one came and said unto him, good master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? jesus said, thou shalt do no murder, thou shalt not commit adultery, thou shalt not steal, thou shalt not bear false witness, honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet? jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me."
jesus in this account never said here that you have to believe that he died on the cross for your sins for God to forgive you! In the same Gospel of Matthew, Jesus also preached the famous beatitudes which emphasize that those with good hearts, attitudes and character will inherit the kingdom of god, which is another way of saying that they will go to heaven! [/b]

Matthew 5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 5:4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Matthew 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Matthew 5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Matthew 5:7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Matthew 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

That's it! He didn't say that you had to believe that jesus died for your sins in order for you to be forgiven. The verses that say that are in the book of john, which came about 50 years after Matthew.

Now take a look at the book of Mark. He doesn't mention that you have to believe in Jesus to be saved either, except for a verse in the last chapter of Mark: “He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.” (Mark 16:16). However, most scholars believe that that verse is an interpolation, or a forgery, since many of the earliest manuscripts of the gospel of Mark do not contain that verse, and furthermore it does not fit into Mark since the rest of it doesn’t teach a salvation by faith. Therefore, mark probably never wrote anything about having to believe that jesus died for you, in a salvation by faith, or the atonement concept. The gospel of luke is also like matthew and mark in that it doesn't mention belief in the atonement or in salvation by faith either! Therefore, it is likely that the original jesus, if he existed, probably never preached such a doctrine either!

next comes the gospel of john, and we have verses that require you to "believe" in Jesus to be saved, such as:
john 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
john 3:18 “He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.”
john 3:36 “He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.”
john 8:24 “I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.”
john 11:25 “Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:”

Now my question to you olaadegbu is how is it that matthew says nothing about "salvation
by faith," but simply says that God will be merciful to the
merciful, that he will forgive the forgiving, and says not one word
about the necessity of believing anything?

THE LOCATION AND POLITICAL LEADERS ARE ACCURATE

In any fictional tale a degree of certainty or facts are present....the facts that a place and political figures are accurate says nothing about the story....using your logic.... spiderman exists because his location New York,Manhattan also exists...

ONE WRITER RECORDS THAT 500 PEOPLE WERE PRESENT
That's basically it one writer recorded that an event had 500 witnesses to bolster credibility

THE EXISTENCE OF THE "CHRISTIAN FAITH"
wow because the christian faith exists..around the death of a fabled man therefore it is true...hmmm what about the other over 41,000 denominations with conflicting views that regard itself also as the chrisitan faith based on mainly the very same bible
we might as well also say that because people who believe the earth is flat exists therefore the earth is truly flat

THE ROMAN CALENDER
lol...this is as silly as you can get...do you know that rome and greece being influential began most of our fundamental cultures and understanding....an example is euclade geometry...........being influential does not count as evidence for existence of anything otherwise using your logic batman exists!.. or santa claus for always being remembered in a point of time lol....and can you please identify the eye-witness you claimed...his testimony and the scholar that approved of such as a historical document... (i'm pretty sure ken ham is one,lol grin grin )

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:54pm On Sep 10, 2014
Does Circumstantial Evidence Confirm the Resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ?

Timothy McVeigh, the man behind the Oklahoma City bombing, had a date with death.  On 11 June, 2001, he received a lethal injection for killing 168 innocent people, even though no one saw him commit the crime.  All the evidence against McVeigh was circumstantial.

Indirect testimony: That's what circumstantial evidence is.  It is an accumulation of facts from which one can draw intelligent conclusions.  As a newspaper reporter covering the courts, former journalist Lee Strobel saw how circumstantial evidence is used to expose what really happened during a crime.  So, in the midst of a spiritual quest, Strobel began to wonder: Could circumstantial evidence verify that the resurrection of Christ really happened?

Well, he took his question to philosopher J.P. Moreland.  In a challenging voice, Strobel asked Moreland: "Can you give me five pieces of solid circumstantial evidence that convince you that Jesus rose from the dead?

Certainly, Moreland responded.  First, there's the evidence of the skeptics.  Some of those who were most hostile to Jesus prior to His death became His most ardent supporters afterwards. 

Second, the ancient Jews had a number of immensely important religious rituals.  These included the offering of animal sacrifices, obeying the Mosaic law, and keeping the Sabbath.  But within five weeks of Jesus' death, more than 10,000 Jews had suddenly altered or abandoned these rituals.  Moreland asked: Why would they relinquish rites that had long given them their national identity?  The implication is that something enormously significant had occured. 

Third, we see the emergence of new rituals: the sacraments of Communion and Baptism.  The early Jews baptised in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, "which," Moreland said, "meant they had elevated Jesus to the full status of God." 

Fourth, we see the rapid rise of a new Church, beginning shortly after the death of Jesus.  Within twenty years this new Church (begun by the companions of a dead carpenter) had reached Caesar's palace in Rome, and eventually spread throughout the Roman empire.  And

Fifth, Moreland said, there's the most convincing circumstantial evidence of all: the fact that every one of Jesus' disciples was willing to suffer and die for his beliefs.  These men spent the rest of their lives witnessing about Christ.  They frequently went without food; they were mocked, beaten and thrown into prison.  In the end, all but one died a painful martyr's death.

Would they have done this for a lie?  Of course not.  They did it because they were convinced beyond a doubt that they had seen the risen Christ.  Even it we doubted 2,000 year old evidence, we have all the circumstantial evidence, we could possibly want right in front of us.  It is, Moreland said, "the ongoing encounter with the resurrected Christ that happens all over the world, in every culture, to people from all kinds of background and personalities.  They all will testify that more than any single thing in their lives, Jesus Christ has changed them."

Circumstantial evidence earned Timothy McVeigh a death sentence.  But sacred circumstantial evidence about the resurrection of Jesus Christ can lead all of us, including McVeigh, to a much better verdict: everlasting life in the presence of God.
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 10, 2014
OLAADEGBU

Does Circumstantial Evidence Confirm the Resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ?

It would be fair to state that Christians believe Jesus arose from the dead, and that is the basis of Christianity. Historically speaking though, there is not a shred of incontrovertible evidence that Jesus died and rose from the dead beyond the tittle-tattle of old-wives tales and the spurious embellishings of the Gospel writers. Come to think of it, there is no actual historical evidence that a Jesus "as depicted" in the gospels actually existed, in fact it is highly unlikely since the gospels do not give us a consistent narrative, account or dogma. That is not to say that a major religion of the world could not come about as a result of the creation of the legend that was Jesus.

Christianity is not the first major religion to establish itself out of myth, nor will it be the last....
There is no compelling evidence that the bible is true....it was never meant to be a historical account of the world, just the ramblings of a great many old-timers with too much time on their hands and huge hang-ups.

1 Like

Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by Weah96: 2:49pm On Sep 11, 2014
Sarassin:

It would be fair to state that Christians believe Jesus arose from the dead, and that is the basis of Christianity. Historically speaking though, there is not a shred of incontrovertible evidence that Jesus died and rose from the dead beyond the tittle-tattle of old-wives tales and the spurious embellishings of the Gospel writers.

The character Jesus has two things going against him. First, history, especially Jewish history, says absolutely nothing about him, not even bothering to mention him as an apostate. And then there's reality itself, in which dead people stay DEAD.

1 Like

Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by Weah96: 5:50pm On Sep 11, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

What "multiple testing methods" did you use in dating millions of years for dinosaur fossils? undecided

Stratigraphy, and radiometric dating of rock strata between which the fossils were found.
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:35pm On Sep 11, 2014
Weah96:

Stratigraphy, and radiometric dating of rock strata between which the fossils were found.

And how is the rock strata dated?
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:52am On Sep 12, 2014
Fossils & the Flood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqHTCKlJpsY

Is the fossil record "evidence" of evolution, or does a worldwide flood best explain it?
Does evidence "speak for itself" or is it interpreted by people with different worldviews? Watch this video, and find out a few things you might not have known!
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by Weah96: 5:43pm On Sep 12, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

And how is the rock strata dated?

In many different ways actually.
http://paleobiology.si.edu/geotime/main/foundation_dating2.html
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:03am On Sep 13, 2014
Weah96:

In many different ways actually.
http://paleobiology.si.edu/geotime/main/foundation_dating2.html

Watch how this man exposed your myth below:

The Genesis Flood -- Dr Henry Morris (Part 4).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0OZujIZaSc?version=3&hl=en_GB

The Genesis Flood -- Dr Henry Morris (Part 5).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SzTJIE5HNY?version=3&hl=en_GB

Dr Henry Morris has been exposing the circular reasoning of evolutionists when they say the date the age of the rocks and fossils.  He quotes The World Book Encyclopedia vol. 15 in part 4 of the videoclip as saying:

"the age of rocks may be determined by the fossils that are found in them" 

Vol. 7 of the same book says:

"Scientists determine when fossils were formed by finding out the age of the rocks in which they lie" 

So we can see how your textbooks have been contradicting each other and going round in vicious cycles by saying that the age of the rocks may be determined by the fossils that they are found in and in another place they say that fossils are dated by the age of the rocks in which they lie.  See confusion and contradiction rolled up in one and our resident evolutionists have swallowed this lie hook, line and sinker. cheesy

Watch how the Genesis Flood answers the question about the age of the rocks and fossils and why the Bible is true.
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by limamintruth: 10:42am On Sep 13, 2014
All major religions on earth believe in the supremacy & greatness of Jesus Christ as God.
The muslims believe He is 'Kalmatullah' i.e the word of God. And the word of God is God (cos it is the audible/readable expression of God Himself).
While the Christians also refer to Christ Jesus as the Son of God, because He emanates from the inside of God (the way a person's word emanates from inside of that person & also the way a baby emanates from inside of the mama's body).
So true christians have every reason to thank God for the privilege n grace to be in the right religion, because the truth is, some unfortunately found themselves in the wrong religion as a result of choices made for them by their parents at birth which cannot be easily corrected at present.
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:24pm On Sep 13, 2014
limamintruth:

All major religions on earth believe in the supremacy & greatness of Jesus Christ as God.
The muslims believe He is 'Kalmatullah' i.e the word of God. And the word of God is God (cos it is the audible/readable expression of God Himself).
While the Christians also refer to Christ Jesus as the Son of God, because He emanates from the inside of God (the way a person's word emanates from inside of that person & also the way a baby emanates from inside of the mama's body).
So true christians have every reason to thank God for the privilege n grace to be in the right religion, because the truth is, some unfortunately found themselves in the wrong religion as a result of choices made for them by their parents at birth which cannot be easily corrected at present.

Amen!
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by davien(m): 7:26pm On Sep 13, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Amen!
Olaadegbu...please define a fairy tale... smiley
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:20pm On Sep 14, 2014
davien:

Olaadegbu...please define a fairy tale... smiley

A Korrigan. cool
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by Weah96: 2:23am On Sep 15, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Watch how this man exposed your myth below:

The Genesis Flood -- Dr Henry Morris (Part 4).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0OZujIZaSc?version=3&hl=en_GB

The Genesis Flood -- Dr Henry Morris (Part 5).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SzTJIE5HNY?version=3&hl=en_GB

Dr Henry Morris has been exposing the circular reasoning of evolutionists when they say the date the age of the rocks and fossils.  He quotes The World Book Encyclopedia vol. 15 in part 4 of the videoclip as saying:

"the age of rocks may be determined by the fossils that are found in them" 

Vol. 7 of the same book says:

"Scientists determine when fossils were formed by finding out the age of the rocks in which they lie" 

So we can see how your textbooks have been contradicting each other and going round in vicious cycles by saying that the age of the rocks may be determined by the fossils that they are found in and in another place they say that fossils are dated by the age of the rocks in which they lie.  See confusion and contradiction rolled up in one and our resident evolutionists have swallowed this lie hook, line and sinker. cheesy

Watch how the Genesis Flood answers the question about the age of the rocks and fossils and why the Bible is true.

There's a difference between relative dating and absolute dating. This man must be talking about relative dating, which doesn't give an absolute age for anything. So why are you bringing him here to waste my time?

The bible claims that the earth is less than 10k years old. The claim is presented without evidence, not from God himself, who chose to remain inconspicuous, but from random Jewish males speaking on his behalf.

On the other hand, scientists present an age of billions of years after observing a pattern in the way rocks are formed and dating those rock layers through radiometry. They're not using their mouths to make superstitious declarations like your side is.

It's possible to determine the order in which things appear even without knowing the age of those things. Faunal succession, the idea he directly criticises, is only one of the ways that scientists determine the relative age of rock strata. The principle of superposition is another. Older rocks are buried beneath younger ones. There is an overwhelming amount of evidence for this. Only stubbornness is preventing you from realizing how weak your entire argument is.

Why would a God tell someone to write a book, does that make sense to you? Where is the God going?
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:09am On Sep 18, 2014
Sarassin:

It would be fair to state that Christians believe Jesus arose from the dead, and that is the basis of Christianity. Historically speaking though, there is not a shred of incontrovertible evidence that Jesus died and rose from the dead beyond the tittle-tattle of old-wives tales and the spurious embellishings of the Gospel writers. Come to think of it, there is no actual historical evidence that a Jesus "as depicted" in the gospels actually existed, in fact it is highly unlikely since the gospels do not give us a consistent narrative, account or dogma. That is not to say that a major religion of the world could not come about as a result of the creation of the legend that was Jesus.

Christianity is not the first major religion to establish itself out of myth, nor will it be the last....
There is no compelling evidence that the bible is true....it was never meant to be a historical account of the world, just the ramblings of a great many old-timers with too much time on their hands and huge hang-ups.

Watch the documentary on the journey of an atheist who put his money where his mouth is and ended up making a case for Christ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mw2dfOVxJo
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 18, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Watch the documentary on the journey of an atheist who put his money where his mouth is and ended up making a case for Christ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mw2dfOVxJo

Well, that was painful to watch. I have little interest in Christian apologia I was looking for historical facts and datum, needless to say, there was none in sight. Strobel claims his wife's conversion compelled him to take Christianity seriously and to inquire about the historicity of the Gospel accounts. He presents himself as a former skeptic trying to project the personae of a man with training in law and journalism who had studied all the available evidence and believed that anyone, upon seeing the evidence, would be drawn to the conclusion that Jesus existed much as said in the Gospels, nothing could be further from the truth. To cut a long story short, the video is an insult to everyone who honestly seeks to grapple with the weighty issues of the historicity of Jesus.

Strobel certainly asked questions, but when he presents the case through the lips of his Christian apologist narrators, it is extraordinarily one-sided the research is dishonest, lazy and in most cases non-existent. He claims to be taking a skeptical look to really address the questions about the person of Jesus but that claim is entirely discredited. His research lacks depth, there were no opposing views to those of the white collared middle aged Christian fundamentalists he assembled.

I knew I was in for a long day when J.P Moreland (I believe it was) or Craig Blomberg made the remark that the gospel writers “wrote eyewitness accounts”, they maintained that the book of Luke was written error free as “checked by Luke”. Mark Strauss chimed in with the earth shattering comment that “Papias was an eyewitness” what a joke !

When the chips are down, Strobel provides the standard Christian answers that fail to withstand scrutiny. He cannot produce a single eyewitness testimony but never acknowledges this. He keeps pretending as though eyewitness accounts exists, and have been found, and have been scrutinized by scholarly experts.

I was looking for explanations, for instance why is it none of the Gospels agree with each other ?

We are told by these clowns that all the "differences" and "changes" are, at worst, grammatical and have had no substantial impact on meaning.

How did they deal with the “Testimonium Flavium”, actually they quoted it verbatim, no hint of the controversy surrounding the interpolation.

The scholarly world has been aware for decades that the Nag Hammadi library and Dead Sea Scrolls pose a challenge to Christianity because their antiquity provides demonstration that during the first century CE there was no consensus on who Jesus was or Jesus' message. In fact the name Jesus appears in none of the aforementioned documents, what is their take on this?…..your guess is as good as mine.

Honestly I don’t know whether to laugh or cry at this risible video, it lacks substance, it is Christianity "lite" for the converted masquerading as objective analysis. For sure he has put his money where his mouth is, no doubt with all the books he has published on the matter he is laughing all the way to the bank.

2 Likes

Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:41pm On Sep 24, 2014
Sarassin:

Well, that was painful to watch. I have little interest in Christian apologia I was looking for historical facts and datum, needless to say, there was none in sight. Strobel claims his wife's conversion compelled him to take Christianity seriously and to inquire about the historicity of the Gospel accounts. He presents himself as a former skeptic trying to project the personae of a man with training in law and journalism who had studied all the available evidence and believed that anyone, upon seeing the evidence, would be drawn to the conclusion that Jesus existed much as said in the Gospels, nothing could be further from the truth. To cut a long story short, the video is an insult to everyone who honestly seeks to grapple with the weighty issues of the historicity of Jesus.

Strobel certainly asked questions, but when he presents the case through the lips of his Christian apologist narrators, it is extraordinarily one-sided the research is dishonest, lazy and in most cases non-existent. He claims to be taking a skeptical look to really address the questions about the person of Jesus but that claim is entirely discredited. His research lacks depth, there were no opposing views to those of the white collared middle aged Christian fundamentalists he assembled.

I knew I was in for a long day when J.P Moreland (I believe it was) or Craig Blomberg made the remark that the gospel writers “wrote eyewitness accounts”, they maintained that the book of Luke was written error free as “checked by Luke”. Mark Strauss chimed in with the earth shattering comment that “Papias was an eyewitness” what a joke !

When the chips are down, Strobel provides the standard Christian answers that fail to withstand scrutiny. He cannot produce a single eyewitness testimony but never acknowledges this. He keeps pretending as though eyewitness accounts exists, and have been found, and have been scrutinized by scholarly experts.

I was looking for explanations, for instance why is it none of the Gospels agree with each other ?

We are told by these clowns that all the "differences" and "changes" are, at worst, grammatical and have had no substantial impact on meaning.

How did they deal with the “Testimonium Flavium”, actually they quoted it verbatim, no hint of the controversy surrounding the interpolation.

The scholarly world has been aware for decades that the Nag Hammadi library and Dead Sea Scrolls pose a challenge to Christianity because their antiquity provides demonstration that during the first century CE there was no consensus on who Jesus was or Jesus' message. In fact the name Jesus appears in none of the aforementioned documents, what is their take on this?…..your guess is as good as mine.

Honestly I don’t know whether to laugh or cry at this risible video, it lacks substance, it is Christianity "lite" for the converted masquerading as objective analysis. For sure he has put his money where his mouth is, no doubt with all the books he has published on the matter he is laughing all the way to the bank.

You will only see what you want to see. It's when you get to the point of ardently seeking for the truth with an open mind will your eyes be open to the truth. The more you close your eyes to the sun the more the darkness you will see. Watch the evidence of the empty tomb with an open mind.
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 25, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

You will only see what you want to see. It's when you get to the point of ardently seeking for the truth with an open mind will your eyes be open to the truth. The more you close your eyes to the sun the more the darkness you will see. Watch the evidence of the empty tomb with an open mind.

I believe Davien pretty much obliterated the so-called evidence of the empty tomb, there is none. Best we let the matter lie.
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:34am On Sep 25, 2014
Sarassin:

I believe Davien pretty much obliterated the so-called evidence of the empty tomb, there is none. Best we let the matter lie.

Watch the discovery of the empty tomb where Jesus Christ our Lord laid before He rose again on the third day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4IPjoJRK0s
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by Weah96: 2:25pm On Sep 25, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Watch the discovery of the empty tomb where Jesus Christ our Lord laid before He rose again on the third day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4IPjoJRK0s

If you believe that nonsense, then I have a bridge in New York for sale.

1 Like

Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:50pm On Sep 25, 2014
Weah96:

If you believe that nonsense, then I have a bridge in New York for sale.

Don't be lackadaisical, carry out your own investigation and if you couldn't or wouldn't then watch part 2 of the hard evidence that someone else has produced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY1aZuAbvv4
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:25am On Oct 04, 2014
davien:

lol....150 years of peer-reviewed science refuted in 2 and a half minutes...lol!... olaadegbu...do you know the concurrent fields of research for evolution that cross-confirm it?!
They range from;
avatism and vestiges
insertions of erv in genes
conjoint centromeres of ape chromosomes in the 23rd chromosome of humans
morphological and anatomical evidence i.e the fossil record
apparent emergence of new species evolving through isolation or introduction in new environments etc
I literally directed you to peer-reviewed evidence of evolution [url] http://phylointelligence.com/observed.html [/url] ...but did you bother reading....no...you simple posted a 2 and a half minute video to refute 150 years of research undecided

If the theory of evolution has been peer reviewed by real scientists why has the fairytale remain a "theory" and not a scientific law?

I got more videoclips that debunks your dodgy dating methods. Check it out.

Here is a short videoclip that simplifies the issue of the carbon dating process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dwza37LRCOE
Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by davien(m): 8:31am On Oct 04, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

If the theory of evolution has been peer reviewed by real scientists why has the fairytale remain a "theory" and not a scientific law?

I got more videoclips that debunks your dodgy dating methods. Check it out.

Here is a short videoclip that simplifies the issue of the carbon dating process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dwza37LRCOE
you keep posting videos instead of actually arguing for ken ham(your new "god"wink …………until you yourself can argue based on your own merits on your own understanding of the subjects i would merely ignore your comment....i can't be re-arguing with video clips....carbon dating has an estimated time of usage and is cross-confirmed by other radio-isotope dating methods and relative dating.....sadly since you creationist followers never pick up a book asides what ken ham chooses for you to read you won't and can't see any evidence

If a video can debunk centuries of scientific research and yet all scientists on the field apply it.....and no one uses such knowledge to earn a noble prize,then the folly of the video is either wishful thinking....lying for jesus... or conspiracy intended... either way a video isn't a scientific journal.... if you actually understood what a scientific journal is that is....

Re: Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:07pm On Oct 04, 2014
davien:

you keep posting videos instead of actually arguing for ken ham(your new "god"wink …………until you yourself can argue based on your own merits on your own understanding of the subjects i would merely ignore your comment....i can't be re-arguing with video clips....carbon dating has an estimated time of usage and is cross-confirmed by other radio-isotope dating methods and relative dating.....sadly since you creationist followers never pick up a book asides what ken ham chooses for you to read you won't and can't see any evidence

If a video can debunk centuries of scientific research and yet all scientists on the field apply it.....and no one uses such knowledge to earn a noble prize,then the folly of the video is either wishful thinking....lying for jesus... or conspiracy intended... either way a video isn't a scientific journal.... if you actually understood what a scientific journal is that is....

The theory of evolution has not answered any foundational question of origins neither has it been used in arriving at any observational scientific facts. Here, the apostle of the evolutionary myth being stumped by a creationist's scientific question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYE2LTh26Gk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gays Throw Excrement At Xtians And Wipe Their Anuses With Pages Of The Bible / Six Important Ways To Believe In God / How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 206
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.