Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,599 members, 7,827,259 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab (5529 Views)

Shocking: See The Horrifying New Map Of The World According To ISIS / See New Map Of Nigeria With 19 More States Proposed By National Confab / The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by nickxtra(m): 7:35pm On Aug 19, 2014
The National Conference in its final report recommended the creation of 19 additional states to bring the number of states in the country to 54.
The recommendation was made by the Committee on Political Restructuring and Forms of Government jointly headed by Ike Nwachukwu and Mohammed Kumalia.
Initially, some Northern delegates kicked against moves to create additional states apart from the one proposed for the South-East which was overwhelmingly supported. But after series of consultations by the leadership of delegations, the Conference unanimously adopted the recommendation for the creation of additional 19 new states.
Below is the obtained copy of the proposed map of a new Nigeria after the states proposed by the conference are created.

Source: Premium times

4 Likes

Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by hardywaltz(m): 7:48pm On Aug 19, 2014
Hisses and walks away....

4 Likes

Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by kadas01(m): 7:50pm On Aug 19, 2014
Why create additional states when you cannot sustain and develop existing ones??!!

What a Country!!!

9 Likes

Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 19, 2014
Anioma has to be Igbo dominated...

Jona pls take note
Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by macklef(m): 7:58pm On Aug 19, 2014
kadas01: Why create additional states when you cannot sustain and develop existing ones??!!

What a country!!!

Basically, to have more governors elect and state house of assembly reps and commisioners, to reduce congestion in election in few states, and ultimately so they can loot the nation in diversity.

6 Likes

Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by atlwireles: 7:59pm On Aug 19, 2014
With the abolition of local government from the constitution States creation is well in order by me. Remember, states that want to merge will be allowed to merge as long as their state assembly and the people within that state approve via a referendum.

2 Likes

Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 19, 2014
These usually happens after huge frauds has taken place in some of the states to be recreated.
Look at Akwa Ibom, Delta, Abia, Enugu, Cross River in the southern region of the present 36 states the plan is to recreate part of them.
EFCC be on the lookout....all these thieves won't go free. The present and past PDP governments has emptied the economy of those states. Now they want to erase the records and move into a new phase.
Nonsense....
Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by kkkp: 7:59pm On Aug 19, 2014
Crazy ppl

1 Like

Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 19, 2014
APC has a lot of work to do with this Jona government. He thinks he is smart....
Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by atlwireles: 8:00pm On Aug 19, 2014
Keneking: This creations usually happens after huge fraud has taken place in some of the states to be recreated.
Look at Akwa Ibom, Delta, Abia, Cross River in the south south region of the present 36 states.the plan is to recreate part of them.
EFCC be on the lookout....all these thieves won't go free

what are you saying

2 Likes

Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by atlwireles: 8:03pm On Aug 19, 2014
No more confusion, each zone with 9 states each.

1 Like

Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by mayorall(m): 8:04pm On Aug 19, 2014
Is that what we truly need?

Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by Faun(m): 8:06pm On Aug 19, 2014
Where is Sambisa State?

4 Likes

Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 19, 2014
atlwireles:

what are you saying

You don't understand English?
Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by Demdem(m): 8:06pm On Aug 19, 2014
Rubbish.
Foolish set of people.

2 Likes

Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by atlwireles: 8:07pm On Aug 19, 2014
Keneking:

You don't understand English?

Is that what you wrote?

2 Likes

Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 19, 2014
atlwireles:

Is that what you wrote?

You seem to have issues with comprehension...
Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by atlwireles: 8:11pm On Aug 19, 2014
Keneking:

You seem to have issues with comprehension...

Is that what you wrote, abi you are trying to redefine the meaning of comprehension.

1 Like

Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by CastleandGreen: 8:14pm On Aug 19, 2014
Which resources are they going to use to develop these states? Mad delegates.
Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by Dreyl(m): 8:14pm On Aug 19, 2014
Foolish,confused old men

3 Likes

Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by karfe(m): 8:15pm On Aug 19, 2014
atlwireles: No more confusion, each zone with 9 states each.

10 for north-central! Then we will start creating one more each in another conference for the zones with 9 states!
Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by atlwireles: 8:17pm On Aug 19, 2014
karfe:

10 for north-central! Then we will start creating one more each in another conference for the zones with 9 states!

where is the tenth state? I hope you are not counting Abuja.
Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by Ngwakwe: 8:23pm On Aug 19, 2014
You complain because it doesn't favour you.

The people in those proposed States are not complaining and welcome the development.

Some people usually mask their bitterness and bigotry in the name of Intellectual-ism and pseudo-nationalism

5 Likes

Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by BlackPeni5: 8:26pm On Aug 19, 2014
I don't think there's anything Wrong in creating new states. After all, I'm a state myself. I provide myself security, electricity, provide jobs to some people, house myself, provide my own water, learn better from reading than what my lecturers taught me, etc etc.

Wetin come remain for government to do?

7 Likes

Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 19, 2014
Ngwakwe: You complain because it doesn't favour you.

The people in those proposed States are not complaining and welcome the development.

Some people usually mask their bitterness and bigotry in the name of Intellectual-ism and pseudo-nationalism

Where do you stand on this issue? We are saying that the PDP characters would hijack the dreams of the people of the new states and convert to theirs. We know what they can do. They did it to Ebonyi, Abia, Akwa Ibom in the south, the marks are there till date.
Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by karfe(m): 8:30pm On Aug 19, 2014
atlwireles:

where is the tenth state? I hope you are not counting Abuja.

Oops, you are right. That's 9 for each zone. But looking at the map, some states may agitate to be 'reassigned' to a different zone. #guraraonmymind
Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by atlwireles: 8:36pm On Aug 19, 2014
karfe:

Oops, you are right. That's 9 for each zone. But looking at the map, some states may agitate to be 'reassigned' to a different zone. #guraraonmymind

The conference created a process for state merging,If the people and state assemblies so choose.
Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 19, 2014
lol... I'm I seeing a landlocked Rivers state?
ijaw expansionist plan is on serious overdrive .
Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by Ngwakwe: 8:39pm On Aug 19, 2014
Keneking:

Where do you stand on this issue? We are saying that the PDP characters would hijack the dreams of the people of the new states and convert to theirs. We know what they can do.

With the entrenchment of free and fair election where our votes count. I foresee PDP and APC being bigger platforms as coalitions in parliamentary system while smaller parties will emerge at the grassroots with the peoples mandate taking over LGAs and Development Authorities including States and Federal Constituencies.

These grassroot parties will either align with PDP or APC during State or Federal elections on mutual consent and shared responsibilities thereby checking the excesses of the Elites and Political Jobbers including Military Cabals.

2 Likes

Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 19, 2014
Well, I just hope no other state comes out of SW except the much needed Ijebu & Kabba states. .......as long as I have these 2, TO HELL WITH THE OTHERS. They can go create states in their backyards. !!
Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by karfe(m): 8:43pm On Aug 19, 2014
atlwireles:

The conference created a process for state merging,If the people and state assemblies so choose.

As long as the current political elite remain influential, I don't see any mergers taking place. I may be wrong though. I was one of those disappointed they did not consider the regional option

That is if any of these will even be implemented
Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 19, 2014
I like your style of arguing.

1. You see what is playing out in the current 36 states would continue.
2. The military cabals you referred to are everywhere today in politics and active. At all levels ....
3. An audit has to be carried out to determine how the last few additional states have faired. I mean politically, economically and socially. I can tell you for sure that it is disaster. Anything being done today by the incumbent governments are last minutes interventions.....
4. Except the power is handed over to the people to decide by themselves, it shall be the same story in another two decades.
5. Now PDP would come and decide the structures: otherwise known as zoning....that is where the false steps are taken....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bishop Matthew Kukah Live On Channels TV: Time To Treat The Patient. / How To Differeciate Between A Muslim And Terrorists (picture) / The 1960 Interview Of Sir Ahmadu Bello: The Facts And Truths About Nigeria Unity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.