Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,560 members, 7,955,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:22 PM

New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab (5594 Views)

Shocking: See The Horrifying New Map Of The World According To ISIS / See New Map Of Nigeria With 19 More States Proposed By National Confab / The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by atlwireles: 8:47pm On Aug 19, 2014
karfe:

As long as we maintain the current political elite remain influential, I don't see any mergers taking place. I may be wrong though. I was one of those disappointed they did not consider the regional option

That is if any of these will even be implemented

I listened to Bakare on Sunday monrning during the sunrise program on channels. He said they did and quickly discarded it, because almost everybody did not want it.
Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by jsunex(m): 8:48pm On Aug 19, 2014
This people are senseless, is creating more state the solution to Nigeria's problem?
Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by atlwireles: 8:52pm On Aug 19, 2014
More states will only democratise our infrastructural growth and human development. Look at palaces like Osogbo, Ado ekiti, Asaba, Gombe, Duste Jalingo and Abakaliki without state creation, the level of development we see in these places would never be there today.
Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 19, 2014
CastleandGreen: Which resources are they going to use to develop these states? Mad delegates.

Thats just one of the silly loopholes the American style of Federation we adopted gets us caught on. If your Jonadende was a quite sensible being, what more than common sense should be needed to spur him & address such issues in a NC he spearheaded himself? ...and thats why I said & ll keep saying, this NC is just a dance of a mo.ronic masquerade if fundermental issues that beseige this mere geographical expression are still been ignored !!!

1 Like

Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by atlwireles: 9:03pm On Aug 19, 2014
CastleandGreen: Which resources are they going to use to develop these states? Mad delegates.

Which resources did we use when Nigeria was 12,19,21,27 then 36 states. That's the same resources Nigerians will use with their 54 states.

1 Like

Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by GreyBlood: 9:04pm On Aug 19, 2014
If they want they should create another country; my own be say they shouldn't take me away from Anambra State.

By the way I luv this name- Savannah State, carved out of Borno. It sounds sweet and sexy.
Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 19, 2014
When are the states going to be created officially
Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by NeilOssai(m): 9:05pm On Aug 19, 2014
Do u Have a problem with Dat..!??
Keneking: Anioma has to be Igbo dominated...

Jona pls take note
Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by Ngwakwe: 9:11pm On Aug 19, 2014
Keneking:
3. An audit has to be carried out to determine how the last few additional states have faired. I mean politically, economically and socially. I can tell you for sure that it is disaster. Anything being done today by the incumbent governments are last minutes interventions.....

The coming on board of APC (a party of equal spread and financial strength) has forced PDP to reorganise and stop imposition of My Man in Elections.

The lost of Ekiti state will force APC to understand that hunger supersedes development.

We are entering into Political revolution, thanks to President Goodluck Jonathan's lack of support from Elites and past Military cabals, he is now forced to seek approval from the people by making large-scale sweeping changes away from what were obtainable from the past.

Today, it has become possible for PDP to indirectly support APGA in Anambra state and Labour Party in Ondo State at States level as to obtain their support at Federal level.

The disagreement between Political Parties, godfathers and full-time politicians are great advantage to the people as they will checkmate themselves to avoid the normal wide scale looting and moreover, they will be forced to invest on the people from grassroots for political support.

4 Likes

Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 19, 2014
some people are naturally fractious in nigeria. they will never stop demanding new state because that is just the way they are
i need a microscope to view abia state if these are implemented.
c'est la vie [img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1639212_new-map-of-nigeria_jpega2a1b9fb64407de1e2438f65e4e9e673[/img]
Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by Nobody: 9:39pm On Aug 19, 2014
atlwireles: No more confusion, each zone with 9 states each.
Forgive my ignorance.

Can you list out the nine states in each zone?
Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 19, 2014
Ngwakwe: You complain because it doesn't favour you.

The people in those proposed States are not complaining and welcome the development.

Some people usually mask their bitterness and bigotry in the name of Intellectual-ism and pseudo-nationalism
I swear down!!!

I fully support the states creation jawe.
Good governance must come closer to masses at the grassroot level.
Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 19, 2014
BlackPeni5: I don't think there's anything Wrong in creating new states. After all, I'm a state myself. I provide myself security, electricity, provide jobs to some people, house myself, provide my own water, learn better from reading than what my lecturers taught me, etc etc.

Wetin come remain for government to do?
LMFAO!!!
Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by atlwireles: 9:43pm On Aug 19, 2014
Largas:
Forgive my ignorance.

Can you list out the nine states in each zone?

The Map is right in front of you.
Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 19, 2014
Keneking:

Where do you stand on this issue? We are saying that the PDP characters would hijack the dreams of the people of the new states and convert to theirs. We know what they can do. They did it to Ebonyi, Abia, Akwa Ibom in the south, the marks are there till date.
PDP is there to claim every new/created state.
You mustn't be surprised when 15 of the 19 new, proposed state elect PDP Governors.
Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by cirmuell(m): 10:09pm On Aug 19, 2014
Confused bunch. undecided
Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by deeobserver209(m): 10:21pm On Aug 19, 2014
It's a noble idea. But will be counter productive given the current structure of Nigeria. Except we decide to practice True Federalism which is what we should have been practicing all these years, creation of new states now may lead to more financial problems.
Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 19, 2014
Shouldn't these idiots you people call your leaders be more concerned about actually running the current States they've got? but nooo you're just gonna let them attempt to make more states so they can have more avenues of stealing public funds and getting unnecessary powers angry
Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by ujoinme: 10:27pm On Aug 19, 2014
smiley wink idont support further state creations we need to make the ones we already have viable
Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by babystathopoulos: 10:41pm On Aug 19, 2014
dragan: Shouldn't these idiots you people call your leaders be more concerned about actually running the current States they've got? but nooo you're just gonna let them attempt to make more states so they can have more avenues of stealing public funds and getting unnecessary powers angry
Anyone in support of this is more than an idiot but a slowpoke. Corruption,unemployment,bokoharam,ASUU strike/doctors strike,kidnapping etc how does the additional 19 states address any of those serious issues stated above.
Bloody bastards, they say the confab should not talk anything concerning spliting nigeria. They deceive theirselves saying ' Nigeria is one' Big lie, nigeria is never and would never be one. We hate the whites say they are racist but our tribal discrimination is 100 times deadly. How I wish one it would rain fire to burn them all(the evil politicians)
Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by Nobody: 11:07pm On Aug 19, 2014
atlwireles: No more confusion, each zone with 9 states each.
Why not reduce them to equal number. Like 6 or 8 pr 12 in total.
Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by ujoinme: 11:08pm On Aug 19, 2014
As much as i personally do not support the creation of new state, but it looks like this will have a lot of support as very powerful interest will be appeased with this planned creation of new states ie the Ijebus,aniomas, ijaws,ogojas,southern kaduna gets gurara, katagun etc It can happen.
Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by capricon: 11:22pm On Aug 19, 2014
rivers do hear am LOL!!!! civil war nemesis on my mind tongue
Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by ujoinme: 11:48pm On Aug 19, 2014
capricon: rivers do hear am LOL!!!! civil war nemesis on my mind tongue
Ameachi should now put his anti GEJ campaign in overdrive, because When GEJ wins in 2015 and these states are created all that beef over oil wells/boundary with bayelsa with bayelsa will be over because there will be no more oilwells to share, I dont think Amaechi saw this comming. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by EasternLeopard: 12:15am On Aug 20, 2014
REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD SUPPORT STATES CREATION

1) It will separate minority ethnic groups from majority ethnic groups. This will increase the political influence of minority ethnic groups causing a change in Nigeria's politics
Eg We won't be seeing scenarios where a single ethno-religious group will hold the country ransom because a new policy do not favour them
We won't be seeing scenarios where a single group will want to use their national assembly numerical strength to impose their philosophy on others

2) In 20yrs to come, these minority ethnic groups will support weak central(true federalism) because they tend to believe in themselves than some majority ethnic groups that have failed to learn to survive outside federal powers

Pls note

No state is weak economically

It is our political-economic system that have made them weak. This faulty structure was sustained by some majority ethnic groups who saw a means to survive without work

GEJ TILL 2019 cool

5 Likes

Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by pazienza(m): 2:01am On Aug 20, 2014
Good development. Equality for all. Maybe there is yet hope for Nigeria, after all.
Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by Truckpusher(m): 2:18am On Aug 20, 2014
Keneking: APC has a lot of work to do with this Jona government. He thinks he is smart....
Smarter than you and your supporter of APC party members. tongue

PDP will win and all APC chieftains will sell out or go to jail.After all, after 2019 GEJ wouldn't need an election he would simply put another loyalist and your tales of woes continues till you guys hit the dust grin

1 Like

Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by Truckpusher(m): 2:21am On Aug 20, 2014
pazienza: Good development. Equality for all. Maybe there is yet hope for Nigeria, after all.
Of course there is hope as long as the Northern Islamaofascist oligarchs behave themselves.Though it is their choice.

The battle line have been drawn already.

2 Likes

Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by Nobody: 3:44am On Aug 20, 2014
Instead of adding new states, some states should merge with others. For instance, Ebonyi could be merged back with Enugu.
Re: New Map Of Nigeria, As Proposed By National Conference- Confab by thegoodone2(m): 7:01am On Aug 20, 2014
fresh air

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Latest: Okorocha Getting His Ass Flogged On Radio Biafra / Syrian Refugees Riot In Germany Over Koran / Shocking: Look At A Minister In South Sudan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.