Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,242 members, 7,957,579 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:10 PM

Over Protective Over My Girl - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Over Protective Over My Girl (3437 Views)

My Girl's Right Labia Minoria Is Longer Than The Left One. Help!! / My Elder Brother Is So Over Protective / Ladies How Do U Feel When Ur Guy Is Over Protective? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Over Protective Over My Girl by 190: 4:59am On Oct 23, 2008
shocked shocked
Re: Over Protective Over My Girl by KarmaMod(f): 5:11am On Oct 23, 2008
you sound creepy

she's not allowed to laugh? as long as she doesnt say Yes what's he problem

You sound like her father
Re: Over Protective Over My Girl by netotse(m): 5:16am On Oct 23, 2008
dude, at least its good that you recognize that u might be a tad to protective when it comes to her, i dont see anything wrong in u not liking the fact that she laff when other boys ask her out or some of the other stuff u wrote, in fact there's nothing wrong with u not liking a lot of things, its wot u do as a result of the 'not liking it' the matters,
Re: Over Protective Over My Girl by DavidDylan(m): 5:19am On Oct 23, 2008
dude dump her. doesnt seem you guys have similar values.
Re: Over Protective Over My Girl by ifyalways(f): 5:22am On Oct 23, 2008
190:

I was reading a thread and some one talked about guys been over protective over their girls,well i met my girl rollin with some of the worst people in town, (know these party freak kind of girls) doing nothing expect thinkin of how 2 go out on numerous dates,well she met me and all that changed as she moved away from this click immedietely, gained admision 2 the univ amongst other things,well she stil had problems with me wanting 2 go out to parties with me as i am not a party freak and also been friendly with guys, exchangin #s etc and i became over protective,stop her from doin almost everythin, decidin the friends she rolls with,but i want you to understand that i a just been scared 2 loose her,i am goin on servic nextyr and its botherin me leavin her,i am 80% sure shes not cheatin on me
But at the same time after readin about guys been over protective,i am thinkin that maybe i am, please advice,she comes from a home where her mom dosent care if her dad slips with over 20women and this has changed her life in a way that she acording 2 what she says is a FREE STYLE life,she learns badthings quickly and is slow in learning somethin +ve, wetin i GO do,
am i been over protective,we have quarels every now and then over smal issues because of me been over protective or her doin terible thins, like laughin when guys ask her out instead of givin it plain 2 them, abeg thoes of una when na only condem una dey condem people thread make una back off comot here o, because i no go gree, I hail, females replies needed most guys welcome as well
you have lots of issues sha
what is terrible in laffing when guys approach her?you expect her to tell them off rudely?are you married to her already?
why are you complaining here sef?shes honest enough to tell you that she believes in freestyle cheesy and you believe in tightstyle cheesy ,it simply means you guys are parallel lines,chances of u guys meeting are slim.you cant change her,she cant change you,its either you accept her the way she is or Just forget her.If she wants you,she can make changes in her lifestyle.
i hail you too cheesy
Re: Over Protective Over My Girl by 190: 4:51am On Oct 24, 2008
thanks 4 ur replies, i love her so much and want 2 change her 4 gud, any more views plzz
Re: Over Protective Over My Girl by naijababe2(f): 6:47am On Oct 24, 2008
190, your girlfriend ain't a puppet, let her pull her own strings. angry
Re: Over Protective Over My Girl by lexicon(m): 8:40am On Oct 24, 2008
naijababe2:

190, your girlfriend ain't a puppet, let her pull her own strings. angry

grin grin
Re: Over Protective Over My Girl by oghogho4: 10:54am On Oct 24, 2008
i've got 2 undastand guys smhow,it seems u really lik her 2 hav go dis extent of changing her -side to a worth more +angle.wat i'll advice is dat u guys should sit down n TALK.i believe all real relationships should hav a target point. talk to her, relate with her (not just sex), you might be surprised what you'll discover, smiley
Re: Over Protective Over My Girl by 25more(f): 8:57pm On Oct 24, 2008
c'mom now 190, u gotta let her breath. cox u know u can take the girl out of the rain forest, but u can't take the rain forest out of the girl. i understand ur concerns 4 her and thats really good, however, u have to understand that u have to let her make her own choice, i say this cox u can't change her no matter what cox it is her who has to decide whether she actually want to change.and u know what? i strongly believe that being overprotective always back fires, how? cox whenever those people get a chance they always make the worst choices, they over do it because thats the only chance they have to do it and since u r going out for a yr, what happens when u leave? dnt u think she is going to go back to her "free style" and make use of that chance since she knows that u r not there to over guide her? honestly if u really love her show her the river and let her choice how to drink from it. cozs i don't believe or do i think that being overprotective is really love, of course everyone wants the best tin 4 their whoevers but at last it is them that have to make that choice whether to follow it or not
Re: Over Protective Over My Girl by Tatase(f): 10:15pm On Oct 24, 2008
i think i understand where you're coming from. Not to be the relationship spoiler, but have you considered that maybe you guys aren't compatible. I can see that you don't mean to be creepy and controlling and that you have good intentions, but have you considered that maybe her flirtatious/outgoing personality might not be a good match for your more reserved personality. Like you have to let people be themselves. If you want to be in a relationship with her, then you have to learn trust and to just let her be. If on the other hand, you're not comfortable with her behaviour, then maybe re-evaluate your relationship, and look for someone else who's more like you in personality and who won't make you so stressed out.
Re: Over Protective Over My Girl by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 24, 2008
@ poster

Why you nor follow her go the University? Both of you need classes.

Listen! Despite the girl's past I am sure she knows what she is doing very well and you can't possibly force her to quit, all of a sudden, a life she's used to. Besides she isn't your daughter or your younger sister, but a full fledged adult who is conscious of her decisions and doesn't need a back breaker freaking her out all in the name of correction/protection. if you don't choose the more matured way to make a change in her life, which means doing what a boyfriend is supposed to do (advice, help her to reflect, analyze and judge), you'll just obtain the opposite effect and probably get in result what you have been trying to avoid all this while. Let the young lady see the world with her own eyes, not yours.
Re: Over Protective Over My Girl by 190: 11:03pm On Oct 24, 2008
Thanks 4 ur replies, i would heed 2 wot u nlanders are sayin but should anythin go wrong i would hold u people responsible.just kiddin tongue i would leave her 2 face life herself, she can make really drastic mistakes wen left alone,she really has a big eye and even wen comfortable would stil like 2 try sumtin new,@ 19 she is too smart 4 her age,she told me 2day that a guy took her out almost 2months ago and asked her out, i felt really bad for even goin out with the guy but im ok now,i am a very Jelous person and i usually wasnt like this,we have only been out 4 one year and its like 10years, i hardly fall in love but i dont know how i found myself in this,she can predict wot i can do even in her dreams and she has known me 2 that extent and she knows i love her too much and uses that against me sumtimes,i am tryin 2 reduce my love 4 her drastically so maybe i could cope without her but trust me its hell difficult,i cant imagin my life without her, but i am tryin 2 reduce my love 4 her to even up to 20% then maybe she could love me more than the way i love her, i would definately reduce my protection ova her but tell me does that mean she can go partyin 24/7 i guess i would have 2 displease myself in other 4 her 2 be happy, awaitin more views n replies wink
Re: Over Protective Over My Girl by 25more(f): 2:46am On Oct 25, 2008
no no 190, not reduce ur love 4 her, just let make her own choice, advise and let her choice, just dnt be overprotective
Re: Over Protective Over My Girl by topup: 7:17am On Oct 25, 2008
Awww, that's so sweet, that you feel like you've known her forever. Well, yes you love her a whole lot, but you don't seem to be all that reassured by her feelings for you. Do you think she feels the same way? Or do you think that she is in control of this relationship, you needn't decrease your love for her like you mentioned, that is just because you feel like you are no longer in control and wish to regain at least some control back, but I think that won't help you, you need to talk to her about how you feel about her, if she truly cares for you and loves you, she will take this on board and will work harder to reassure her *you. You also have to start valuing yourself as a boyfriend, you seem to be idolising her a bit, and so you don't feel worthy, if you felt more deserving to be her boyfriend then you wouldn't be as frightened to be left for another.

Try not to worry about things that may never even happen anyway, talk your doubts through, hopefully she will reassure you and you can move onto the next stage of your relationship.

All the best.
God Bless smiley
Re: Over Protective Over My Girl by foye57(m): 9:39am On Oct 25, 2008
topup:

Awww, that's so sweet, that you feel like you've known her forever. Well, yes you love her a whole lot, but you don't seem to be all that reassured by her feelings for you. Do you think she feels the same way? Or do you think that she is in control of this relationship, you needn't decrease your love for her like you mentioned, that is just because you feel like you are no longer in control and wish to regain at least some control back, but I think that won't help you, you need to talk to her about how you feel about her, if she truly cares for you and loves you, she will take this on board and will work harder to reassure her. You also have to start valuing yourself as a boyfriend, you seem to be idolising her a bit, and so you don't feel worthy, if you felt more deserving to be her boyfriend then you wouldn't be as frightened to be left for another.

Try not to worry about things that may never even happen anyway, talk your doubts through, hopefully she will reassure you and you can move onto the next stage of your relationship.

All the best.
God Bless smiley

hey topup, been a while i've read anythin frm u.where hav u been. nice analysis!cheers
Re: Over Protective Over My Girl by funkybaby(f): 9:58am On Oct 25, 2008
190:

she learns badthings quickly and is slow in learning somethin +ve, wetin i GO do,
am i been over protective,we have quarels every now and then over smal issues because of me been over protective or her doin terible thins, like laughin when guys ask her out instead of givin it plain 2 them

190:

i am a very Jelous person and i usually wasnt like this,we have only been out 4 one year and its lshe knows i love her too much and uses that against me sumtimes,

Danger signs. undecided
Your relationship is bound to hit the rocks sooner or later.
She's 19. She is young. She's probably eager to ''see and explore the world''.
You are worrying yourself sick over her ways especially her relunctance in telling other guys off.

What now happens when she gets into Uni? Where there is almost unlimited freedom to party and she gets to associate with more guys? undecided
Re: Over Protective Over My Girl by galatico(m): 1:28pm On Oct 25, 2008
You got to trust her if you advise her and she refuses let her go on when she makes mistake she'll learn from it unless she is a proper MUMU cuz you don't expect a sensible fellow walking down the road and stumbles and possibly falls the same fellow comes out the following day and still stumbles @ the same point it shows how stupid the fellow is man just cheer up if she is yours she will definatly stay but if she not your I bet you can't have her, A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Over Protective Over My Girl by 190: 5:32pm On Oct 25, 2008
Thanks for all ur replies,i really appriciate ur replies and words cant express the advices i have recieved from u all, thanks and thanks alot i wish i could get u people to talk 2 her directly for me but i cant,anyway she kind of acts up these days and gets easily irritated with me nowadays, our relationship is all about give and give and give and hers is all about take and take and take, is this a problem? i love her 120% but if im asked to rate hers for me then i would rate hers just 70%, this is what exactly im scared about,all the same, i love her and she knows alot about me and that i can take care of her needs but she claims shes not after my $$$, she has told a couple of lies just to be able to party or go for some unimportant get together with other guys or chicks, acedemically shes not serious but thinks more about facial beauty,gold necklacess and other fashionable stuffs which ladies lust after,it hurts me and she knows i dont really stare at such stuffs but i have decided to leave her 2 learn life her own way, she loves guys askin her out and i dont usually know the outcome of her meetins with dem, she deletes msgs from her fone as her fone contains only my messages, i am tryin my best to trust her but she kips givin me the red signs, we spend alot of time together from mondays till sundays so i dont think shes sleepin with someone else but after readin what girls do 2 guys alot on this forum, i am actually scared of her, i love her and i guess that would be the thing holding me with her,i am tryin 2 add trust and i hope i gain it someday, me leavin her next year is a 50-50chance as i know i may come back 2 meet her as i left her or would come back and meet her in someone elses hands, wich eva way i would be ok, thanks for ur replies, why cant she just be my kind of lady
Re: Over Protective Over My Girl by 190: 7:55pm On Oct 25, 2008
and gues wot she has stated that shes headin 2 PH 2nite, and i know fully well that theres a guy whoes askin her out from PH and who has sent me mesages to me in d past askin me 2 please step down 4 him,although i didnt know who he was only for my girl 2 tell me 4days ago that she actually met the guy and he took her out and they talked and she told him dat she's not single and that the guy left his address with her and now shes headin 2 PH under the pretence of goin on hol's with her dad who leaves there and i know fully well that she and her dad arent in good terms becos of her lifestyle, i am not happy
Re: Over Protective Over My Girl by 25more(f): 12:46am On Oct 26, 2008
i really think this type of girl isnt ready for any serious tie me down relationship, she just wanna play around and have a little fun with guys b4 being in a relationship, so i suggest u just kind of give her a break, both of u should kind of take a break from the relationship, by doing this, she will have time to think through whether she wants to be w/u or not. cox i dnt see the reason someone who has a boyfriend who loves her will be acting so immature with other guys, i mean their is always a limit to everything. so i suggest u both should take a break from the relationship, so u both can figure whether either of u wants to be in the relationship, explain to her why u both need the break.
Re: Over Protective Over My Girl by topup: 5:17am On Oct 26, 2008
foye57:

hey topup, been a while i've read anythin frm u.where hav u been. nice analysis!cheers

cheesy The work load came back and I've only just managed to ease it up a bit so I have time for Nairaland again, missed you guys tongue
Re: Over Protective Over My Girl by KarmaMod(f): 5:27am On Oct 26, 2008
190:

and gues wot she has stated that shes headin 2 PH 2nite, and i know fully well that theres a guy whoes askin her out from PH and who has sent me mesages to me in d past askin me 2 please step down 4 him,although i didnt know who he was only for my girl 2 tell me 4days ago that she actually met the guy and he took her out and they talked and she told him that she's not single and that the guy left his address with her and now shes headin 2 PH under the pretence of goin on hol's with her dad who leaves there and i know fully well that she and her dad arent in good terms because of her lifestyle, i am not happy

and what if she's not lying. Since you wanna be a paranoid ninny, call the dad up and ask for her.'

obviously she's not happy with you and your overbearing persona which is why she's meeting up with other dudes. She's pretty much a kid that doesnt wanna be tied down to a guy that is too reserved.

How old are you?
Re: Over Protective Over My Girl by 190: 9:53pm On Oct 26, 2008
im in my late middle 20s all the same,we really had alot of squareup yester9th and i explained tins 2 her, she ended up apologising and pleadin wit me 2 show her what life is all about and what a serious relationship is all about,she futher stated that she never loved me as she wanted 2 play along when we met and wen we stated she gradually fell for me,she pushed the blame on her age but i know fully well its her parents bad relationship thats affectin her,she says she needs 2 get sum $$$ from her dad and shud be back by friday, i have agreed 2 let her go atleast i shud have some time 2 myself and get her outta my system as we see and spend almost every hour of the day together**her house not been far from mine and our parents all know we are datin expect her dad of course**what i am been scared abt is that she cud pull a quick one on me as she knows that shes in a serious relationship but i have seen wher serious committed people stil pull quick ones on their pathers just 2 satisfy the urge,she has given me d go ahead 2 teach her wot i think but not with force on her and i was pleased,i dont want her cheatin on me as i cud go haywire shud she do sometin like dat 2 me, wic eva way thanks again 4 ur views and replies, words cant express how greatful i am 2 u people i guess this is the most serious thread as there werent any messin arund this thread expect from topup and foye57, awaitin more replies, how can i test my girl 2 know if she really loves me and cud die 4 me, ?
Re: Over Protective Over My Girl by Nobody: 9:55pm On Oct 26, 2008
fair enough loving you but die for you ke!? 
Re: Over Protective Over My Girl by 190: 9:57pm On Oct 26, 2008
made a typo error, theres notin like late middle 20s, i am in my middle 20s all the same 25%more thanks 4 ur replies i am most greatful, ibkaye wetin u dey try yarn,
Re: Over Protective Over My Girl by Nobody: 9:59pm On Oct 26, 2008
ok I was just a bit shocked about the part where you were asking if she could die for you in order to prove her love, or is that not want you meant?
Re: Over Protective Over My Girl by KarmaMod(f): 1:24am On Oct 27, 2008
lmao. some dudes are psychotic.

die for you ko. cry for you ni
Re: Over Protective Over My Girl by sillyboy(m): 2:22am On Oct 27, 2008
Lol. . . . . . . grin. . . laughing so hard that my stomach hurts!

@ Poster.

Please find something else more worthwhile to think about. For instance, start to think about the other ladies you could do one or two things too during your coimng service year.

I believe human beings cannot be changed when they have passed a certain age . . . which am certaing the lady in question is passed.

Have you heard of this Yoruba proverb that says; "aja to ba ma sonu, ko ni gbo fere olode".
Well, in case u can't read that, it means " a dog that is destined to get lost wouldn't listen to the master's call".

You can't change her even if you live under the same roof. So , go get yourself some other toys, . . . and my final advise, never fall in love again! Just care for "em"
Re: Over Protective Over My Girl by 25more(f): 2:59am On Oct 27, 2008
i dnt actually think he meant for the girl to really die for him, in otherwords for the girl to drop die for him, he is meaning for the girl to literally die for him, in others words for the girl to love him more than she is displaying.

i dnt really think there is a proven test of how to know whether someone really love you, however these are some of  my ways  to at least  kind of know whether someone loves me or not, not to test whether they love me. you can certainly know when someone loves you, way the person 1) treats you, 2) responds to you 3) respects you and accepts you for who you are, respects your  feelings and your opinion 4) stands by you no matter what, 5) have trust in you, and undertands, and you don't have be impress them just to win their affection are just some of it.

true love is a complete giving in it's most perfect state, it has nothing to do with taking. True love is not about how a person makes you feel or what a person does for you, it's about giving without expecting anything in return. If that person will stick with you through the most difficult times, then the person may truly love you.

so 190 i dnt think that you can really test true love, cox what if she passes a certain test, maybe u test her by forging accident or illness to see how caring she is or not or something of a certain secenario, and she comes bringing flowers, love notes, stays in the hops. w/u and all that. this doesnt mean she loves u/ she cud b doin it cox it's something she has to do, not necessary that she loves u. in others words it could be infutation. so u can't really test whether she loves or not however, u will definitely know whether she loves or not by her actions.

(of course this is just my own experince opinion)
Re: Over Protective Over My Girl by sillyboy(m): 3:17am On Oct 27, 2008
i dnt actually think he meant for the girl to really die for him, in otherwords for the girl to drop die for him, he is meaning for the girl to literally die for him, in others words for the girl to love him more than she is displaying.

i dnt really think there is a proven test of how to know whether someone really love you, however these are some of my ways to at least to know whether someone loves me not test whether they love me. you can certainly know when someone loves you, way the person 1) treats you, 2) responds to you 3) respects you and accepts you for who you are, respects your feelings and your opinion 4) stands by you no matter what, 5) have trust in you, and undertands, and you don't have be impress them just to win their affection are just some of it.
true love is a complete giving in it's most perfect state, it has nothing to do with taking. True love is not about how a person makes you feel or what a person does for you, it's about giving without expecting anything in return. If that person will stick with you through the most difficult times, then it's true love.

so 190 i dnt think that you can really test true love, cox what if she passes a certain test, maybe u test her by forging accident or illness to see how caring she is or not or something of a certain secenario, and she comes bringing flowers, love notes, stays in the hops. w/u and all that. this doesnt mean she loves u/ she cud b doin it cox it's something she has to do, not necessary that she loves u. in others words it could be infutation. so u can't really test whether she loves or not however, u will definitely know whether she loves or not by her actions.

(of course this is just my proven experince opinion)

Trust me my friend, those highlighted words of yours aren't valid. I a guy wanna get a woman by all means, he could do that and some more just to convince her.

Love is just a risk people take. Why do you even think people divorce or get seperated.
Re: Over Protective Over My Girl by 25more(f): 3:30am On Oct 27, 2008
sillyboy:

Trust me my friend, those highlighted words of yours aren't valid. I a guy want to get a woman by all means, he could do that and some more just to convince her.

Love is just a risk people take. Why do you even think people divorce or get seperated.

i dnt think i ever mentioned  my reasons were valid or proven, please reread again before criticizing me or trying to proven me right or wrong. i explicitly said it is just my opinion and the last time i checked opinions weren't meant to proven right or wrong, thats why it is called "opinion" okay? you could at least answer his question "how do i test whether she really loves me or cud die for me"

and by the way, the thread was meant for someone who is already in a relationship, not for someone who is trying ways to convince someone to be a relationship with them, thats totally a different case scenario altogether alright? if only that was the case them the person could do or say anything just to get whatever they want from the person.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are The Men More Emotional Than The Women? / My Advice To All Those Igbotic Girls dat Travelled To D Village To Kidnap Husband Dis December 2010! / The Agony Of The Nigerian Mom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.