Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,539 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:02 AM

A Simple Way To Nurture Love In A Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Simple Way To Nurture Love In A Relationship (1327 Views)

A Simple Mind Game To Know how your Bae feels about you. / Please Help Me ! My Wife Always Insist On Making Love In The Dark / How Do You Approach a Lady for a Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Simple Way To Nurture Love In A Relationship by jnrbayano(m): 10:32am On Aug 22, 2014
I have read many relationship tips here and there, in truth, they all have a way of appealing to the senses.

In my opinion, the best way to nurture a fledging relationship is for the guy to see the lady as his younger sister while the lady see the guy as her elder brother.

This lays a good foundation for love to spring up and thrive.

friends, villify it, agree to it, that is my opinion. I am no relationship expert.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Simple Way To Nurture Love In A Relationship by MizMyColi(f): 10:35am On Aug 22, 2014
What you're saying in essence is that, despite the highs and low, Mutual Respect is key to the survival of any long term relationship?

3 Likes

Re: A Simple Way To Nurture Love In A Relationship by Estimable(m): 10:38am On Aug 22, 2014
True talk,but the problem with most naija ladies is their strong head attitude,they won't even respect u talk more of seeing u as their senior......

2 Likes

Re: A Simple Way To Nurture Love In A Relationship by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 22, 2014
girls... undecidedgirls...
Re: A Simple Way To Nurture Love In A Relationship by jnrbayano(m): 3:58pm On Aug 22, 2014
MizMyColi: What you're saying in essence is that, despite the highs and low, Mutual Respect is key to the survival of any long term relationship?

Mutual respect, yeah right but not just any type.

I mean the fraternal mutual respect. This eliminates all selfish motives like being money (material things) conscious on the side of ladies and sex conscious on the side of guys.

Just like siblings who always have moral duty unto each other.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Simple Way To Nurture Love In A Relationship by MizMyColi(f): 4:04pm On Aug 22, 2014

I understand you.
And I've been thinking in those lines lately as to why we find it so hard to replicate such in our dating/marriage relationships.

For Example, My second brother, I love him (I'm actually trying to make it sound light)
I could go for months without hearing from him and his place in my heart never wanes.
He could offend me right now and I'll come up with the best excuse.

But when it comes to dating relationships, its more like a tit for tat thingy, which oughtn't be.
Maybe its different with my Bro and all my siblings because they're my blood?
Can't really say though.
jnrbayano:

Mutual respect, yeah right but not just any type.

I mean the fraternal mutual respect. This eliminates all selfish motives like being money (material things) conscious on the side of ladies and sex conscious on the side of guys.

Just like siblings who always have moral duty unto each other.

3 Likes

Re: A Simple Way To Nurture Love In A Relationship by jnrbayano(m): 4:18pm On Aug 22, 2014
Estimable: True talk,but the problem with most naija ladies is their strong head attitude,they won't even respect u talk more of seeing u as their senior......

It's a problem like you enthused bro and it's also a problem when we men stop at nothing to shove it down their necks our manliness.

I think MizMyColi has grabbed my point in its entirety.

Its always clear to you (in virtually all cases) if you are not performing the right obligation towards say your younger sister. You always feel guilty and would wanna make amends.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Simple Way To Nurture Love In A Relationship by jnrbayano(m): 4:32pm On Aug 22, 2014
MizMyColi:
I understand you.
And I've been thinking in those lines lately as to why we find it so hard to replicate such in our dating/marriage relationships.

For Example, My second brother, I love him (I'm actually trying to make it sound light)
I could go for months without hearing from him and his place in my heart never wanes.
He could offend me right now and I'll come up with the best excuse.

But when it comes to dating relationships, its more like a tit for tat thingy, which oughtn't be.
Maybe its different with my Bro and all my siblings because they're my blood?
Can't really say though.

Blood has nothing to do with it.

Take for instance, you were still a child, another child who is not related to you in anyway is brought in and you guys grow up together in one home.

When grown, do you think you won't see each other as siblings (same blood) if you weren't/aren't told you are not related?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Simple Way To Nurture Love In A Relationship by ideology(m): 4:43pm On Aug 22, 2014
If I may comment pls remove the seniority part,
Brothers and sisters are ok.

Most relationships today is just about having fun for the meantime with the aim to give oneself a company for the meantime. (Maybe Unconciously)

So During the period, both parties are likely focusing on what one can get during the period.
When the guys pump in money, the girls would have little or nothing to offer than sex.
There after they find reasons to separate, on the other hand one person may feel cheated if he/she didn't benefit much.

When the future is in focus, you can just tell how far one could go, boundaries, investments in one another, motivations, mutual respect and commitment.

I tire for relationship stories, I just make friends, build the friendship. No time for heart breaks, am too busy.

2 Likes

Re: A Simple Way To Nurture Love In A Relationship by MizMyColi(f): 4:44pm On Aug 22, 2014
You're spot on. cool
jnrbayano:

Blood has nothing to do with it.

Take for instance, you were still a child, another child who is not related to you in anyway is brought in and you guys grow up together in one home.

When grown, do you think you won't see each other as siblings (same blood) if you weren't/aren't told you are not related?
Re: A Simple Way To Nurture Love In A Relationship by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 22, 2014
Be truthful to yourself first then extend the courtesy of your honesty to whoever you are doing a relationship with.
Re: A Simple Way To Nurture Love In A Relationship by jnrbayano(m): 7:02pm On Aug 22, 2014
ideology: If I may comment pls remove the seniority part,
Brothers and sisters are ok.

Most relationships today is just about having fun for the meantime with the aim to give oneself a company for the meantime. (Maybe Unconciously)

So During the period, both parties are likely focusing on what one can get during the period.
When the guys pump in money, the girls would have little or nothing to offer than sex.
There after they find reasons to separate, on the other hand one person may feel cheated if he/she didn't benefit much.

When the future is in focus, you can just tell how far one could go, boundaries, investments in one another, motivations, mutual respect and commitment.

I tire for relationship stories, I just make friends, build the friendship. No time for heart breaks, am too busy.

The bold goes a long way to explaining the Op. Cool.

As for the seniority part, its there on purpose. Why? In most cases guys prefer to date/marry someone they are older than.
Re: A Simple Way To Nurture Love In A Relationship by jnrbayano(m): 7:05pm On Aug 22, 2014
andromida: Be truthful to yourself first then extend the courtesy of your honesty to whoever you are doing a relationship with.

I don't quite understand
Re: A Simple Way To Nurture Love In A Relationship by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 22, 2014
jnrbayano:

I don't quite understand

The man should be his real self and the woman should show her real self that way everyone knows who and what they are dealing with and can choose to respect,continue,improve,commit or opt out all in good time.
Re: A Simple Way To Nurture Love In A Relationship by jnrbayano(m): 7:21pm On Aug 22, 2014
andromida:

The man should be his real self and the woman should show her real self that way everyone knows who and what they are dealing with and can choose to respect,continue,improve,commit or opt out all in good time.

Now I understand.

Good point.
Re: A Simple Way To Nurture Love In A Relationship by PrincessB1(f): 8:57pm On Aug 22, 2014
andromida: Be
truthful to yourself first then extend the courtesy of your honesty to
whoever you are doing a relationship with.

Well said
Re: A Simple Way To Nurture Love In A Relationship by Erikthered: 11:26am On Aug 24, 2014
I agree
Re: A Simple Way To Nurture Love In A Relationship by jnrbayano(m): 11:47am On Aug 24, 2014
Erikthered: I agree

smiley
Re: A Simple Way To Nurture Love In A Relationship by jnrbayano(m): 9:45pm On Dec 14, 2014

(1) (Reply)

The Memories U Get When U Persive The Fregrence Of Ur Ex's Perfume From Some1. / Why Are Today's Relationships Based On Games? / Stop Chasing Women, Start Chasing money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.