Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,662 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (867968 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by adeyeni86(f): 12:10am On Dec 04, 2014
Visa issued on 4th appearance: full confidence needed and know what you're talking about but first, know God and challenge HIM to prove HIS existence in prayers and fasting.
Visa approved 3rd december by a VO
(White lady sipping coffee lol.)
VO: Hi
Me: Goodmorning
VO: One second pls
Me: Okay(I dey pray for mind say make God prove HIS existence to me today) :-)
VO: Have I spoken to you before?
Me: Not@all
VO: Okay, 1 second pls
Me: Okay ( for my mind, I don nail am. ds time lol)
VO: How did you find out about the school?
Me: I found out about the school thru a friend and I also did my resarch on it.
VO: What research did you make?
Me: I realised that after school, during my service@the ministry of agriculture ilorin kwara state. I found out that their are limitations in maximum agriculture outputs which was due to a low practise of mechanised farming that could enhance vast agricultural production. This made research on masters in agribusiness economic @murray, which helps producers apply sound economy and managerial uses to agricultural land, labour and capital in other to improve agric outputs.
VO: Where did you do your service year again?
Me: (sharp woman, she wan catch me lol) ministry of agric ilorin kwara state.
VO: what year did you finish?
Me: 2012
VO: how old are you?
Me: 28. clocked 28 october 21st
VO: Okay oct 21
Me: yes
VO: sponsor?
Me: My Dad
VO: what does he do?
Me: He worked has a local govt chairman tede for couple of years, served as the special adviser to oyo state govt on agricultural matters, (no time to time to say he was former director of OYSADEP lol, I just mumbled it)
VO: Any exam for ur admission?
Me: I took Gre though murray doesn't require it.
VO: (after a while) let me see your result?
Me: Gave her she looked thru, i picked georgia southern uni &uni of dayton(health science), troy and california uni (agric food processing) on GRE day.
VO: why didn't you send your result to murray?
Me: I've had the admission since fall before I did GRE oct 3rd
VO: oct 3rd! That's like months ago
Me: hmmmm let me check the appointment and be sure( I sharply picked my file and brought out my GRE appointment saw oct 3rd and said yes! Am correct lol) she stretched for it, then asked.
VO: where did you take the exam?
Me: Jkk building ilupeju.
VO: tell me abt the whole exam process?
Me: okay.....we were all sitted outside, when the exam time came up we were screened, passport fotograph and international passport checked, we moved in without mobile fones and we sat to a system each. Verbal came up first with a 30minutes essay and a 10sec break which I didn't make use of of.
VO: (just dey type dey go like water goddess with typewriter lol) then looks up
VO: if I give you ds visa, what will you do.
ME: that means I have 24months of concentration to gain those agric knowledge and come back to my country to impact those knowledge to farm use in my family business. ( For my mind, ur father. God has proved HIS existence! Gbam!)
VO: she no wait ma finish sef ( am going to give you this to pick up your visa on monday.
Me: (strong smile ran thru my cheek) Thank you very much repeatedly ;-) Bless God always and stay true to your dreams.
Murray kentucky! Here I come......praises to GOD
Richard4ssky appreciate you loads dear and others who contributed in one way or the other here. To my blood who told me about nairaland, juwon GOD's grace always. Cheers to ds!

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 12:26am On Dec 04, 2014
adeyeni86:
Visa issued on 4th appearance: full confidence needed and know what you're talking about but first, know God and challenge HIM to prove HIS existence in prayers and fasting.
Me: I realised that after school, during my service@the ministry of agriculture ilorin kwara state. I found out that their are limitations in maximum agriculture outputs which was due to a low practise of mechanised farming that could enhance vast agricultural production. This made research on masters in agribusiness economic @murray, which helps producers apply sound economy and managerial uses to agricultural land, labour and capital in other to improve agric outputs.
Me: He worked has a local govt chairman tede for couple of years, served as the special adviser to oyo state govt on agricultural matters, (no time to time to say he was former director of OYSADEP lol, I just mumbled it)
Me: Gave her she looked thru, i picked georgia southern uni &uni of dayton(health science), troy and california uni (agric food processing) on GRE day.
Me: hmmmm let me check the appointment and be sure( I sharply picked my file and brought out my GRE appointment saw oct 3rd and said yes! Am correct lol) she stretched for it, then asked.
Me: okay.....we were all sitted outside, when the exam time came up we were screened, passport fotograph and international passport checked, we moved in without mobile fones and we sat to a system each. Verbal came up first with a 30minutes essay and a 10sec break which I didn't make use of of.
ME: that means I have 24months of concentration to gain those agric knowledge and come back to my country to impact those knowledge to farm use in my family business. ( For my mind, ur father. God has proved HIS existence! Gbam!)
VO: she no wait ma finish sef ( am going to give you this to pick up your visa on monday.
Me: (strong smile ran thru my cheek) Thank you very much repeatedly ;-) Bless God always and stay true to your dreams.
Richard4ssky appreciate you loads dear and others who contributed in one way or the other here. To my blood who told me about nairaland, juwon GOD's grace always. Cheers to ds!
This is God in action, no bank statement, that coffee was a good dose. Congratulations sweetheart.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by adeyeni86(f): 12:31am On Dec 04, 2014
innovativeame:

This is God in action, no bank statement, that coffee was a good dose. Congratulations sweetheart.

yes o! Lol holy redemption coffee.....Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:43am On Dec 04, 2014
adeyeni86:
Congrats adeyeni.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:47am On Dec 04, 2014
Congrats...Quite a humorous transcript. Like the 'your father' part. grin
adeyeni86:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 1:03am On Dec 04, 2014
congrats adeyeni. i thin you guys should look out for VO that sips coffe. mine was also sipping coffee
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by JabinodelaRatta(m): 1:17am On Dec 04, 2014
congrats!
adeyeni86:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Mckenziii(m): 1:30am On Dec 04, 2014
Congrat Adeyeni,any body traveling on qatarairline nxtweek mon?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by electronic(m): 2:06am On Dec 04, 2014
ZEEZAH TNKS grin grin kiss kiss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 2:37am On Dec 04, 2014
innovativeame:

My oga sir, I was not privy to the details of names calling , and I will always desist from that. I was only giving response to Ferdimako's Question. If I was wrong for doing that, I apologise. Hope u r good, sir?

Good to hear that. Thanks for checking on me. I hope everything is going smoothly too?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 3:36am On Dec 04, 2014
electronic:
ZEEZAH TNKS grin grin kiss kiss
my pleasure
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 6:38am On Dec 04, 2014
imperiouxx:

Good to hear that. Thanks for checking on me. I hope everything is going smoothly too?
All is well sir, even at the "tap" it is still well. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by lockupman(m): 6:44am On Dec 04, 2014
Congrats Adeyeni. I'm so happy for you. Your tenacity is enviable. That 'ur father' part cracked me up. Nigerians (like u) thrive in the USA cos of the i-must-succeed-attitude you carry down to land of opportunity and freedom. I wish you well in Obamaland. Any one travelling to Chicago by Etihad on Jan 5th? let's hook up.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:01am On Dec 04, 2014
adeyeni86:
Congratulations Adeyeni....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by tmandelaw99(m): 8:17am On Dec 04, 2014
[color=#000099][/color][b][/b]I know am new here but pls don't ignore, you gotta help me out. I applied for an f1 student visa in Malaysia twice, the second time the VO kindly adviced me to come back home because I do not have enuf ties in Malaysia. So taking her advice I came home last year August and started an ICT firm. Now I went for an Interview on DEC 2 here in Lagos, Nigeria to study Management Information System whch relates to Diploma In Information Tech I previously studied in Malaysia. I was refused d visa and here was how it went..
Me: Good Morning Ma
VO: Morning
She keeps quite for a while..
VO: Why re u going to US?
Me: to complete my undergraduate studies
VO: Why did u choose Michigan Tech
Me: Michigan Tech has the most important tins I have always wanted in a University, a well structured curriculum, a friendly environment and a good classroom experience.
VO: have h been here before?
Me: No madam, I applied while I was in Malaysia
VO: who is sponsoring you?
Me: My father
Me: (I explained his rank in the VIO) but I was nervous enuf dat I forgot to mention he is also a car merchant
VO: what did you study at ur undergrad
Me: I told her
VO: May I see ur transcript
Gave it to her, she checked nd returned it
VO: what did u do after college?
Me: (this was whr I think I got it wrong) I said I went to study in Malaysia, but I think she was asking after my college in Malaysia.
Then she was kindda playing with my passport for a while, the brought out d scary form and said, "Unfortunately you do not qualify for a visa at this moment, thank you"

I have a business of my own, registered, relatives and lots of solid ties.
Please ppl I need your advice, I want to go again next week, what do you think I need to do diffetently this time..[/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by trexxbanks(m): 8:40am On Dec 04, 2014
[quote author=Horayce post=28559424]
my 3.43/5 was bumped up to a 3.26/4 post evaluation. So urs should be higher assuming ur school's 5 point grading system is equivalent to mine. [/quote thank u Very much broda ...very grateful
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Briz(m): 8:46am On Dec 04, 2014
Good day all,
It was a sad day for me at the US Embassy at the nation's capital, Abuja on Dec. 3.
I Prayed wella fah, and went with some good level of confidence. For my mind, their father, they will give me this visa today cos my siblings and parents have been given at one time or the other without denial.

1st Time Appearance and I was denied my F-1 Visa. sad

Interview:

Me - Good morning ma,
VO - Gm
VO - What are you going to do in the US
Me - I'm going to study for my masters degree in business admin so that on completion i'll return to take full control of the family business after acquiring adequate business skills.
VO - What did you study for Undergraduate degree?
Me - Bsc. Computer Science
VO - Why did I choose my Uni - California Intl. Bus. University
Me - Because the Uni is solely devoted to business
VO - (She cuts in) but there are other Unis that are solely devoted to business
Me - (I cut in) and also has low tuition fees compared to other of such unis
VO - (she nods her head) ( and she's been typing most of the time) (i can't remember at what time she stops to attend to me and point she types) (she's been smiling and i've also been smiling along)
VO - She asked for my Gre
Me - My school does not require a GRE
VO- How much does the family business make
Me - Told her about 100k every month
VO - Can I have your statement of account?
Me - I gave it to her - (account has an almost 100m naira fixed deposit but my uncle's law firm)
VO - Who is my Sponsor?
Me - My Dad
VO - What does he do?
Me - He's a lawyer
(pause) and owns the law firm
VO - sorry, we can not give you a visa at this time ( then hands me over a document that gives reasons why i was denied)
Me - in my mind as i collected the document ( why una like to dey Bleep up like this )

Meanwhile when it was my turn, she ( window 8 ) called for next, the window 7 lady called almost immediately, if i had known i would have just changed movement to the window 7 lady. i only went to window 8 cos she granted the applicant before me visa.

Pls house, i don't know my offense o. Really don't know why she denied me. The school resumes 5th January 2015. Don't know what i have to correct if i have to go for another visa interview before the school resumes.

Please i need your advise. URGENT!

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:53am On Dec 04, 2014
House, please, just incase you see early appointment date. From 10 to 20th of dec, lagos embassy, kindly quote me.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 9:06am On Dec 04, 2014
Briz:
Good day all,
It was a sad day for me at the US Embassy at the nation's capital, Abuja on Dec. 3.
I Prayed wella fah, and went with some good level of confidence. For my mind, their father, they will give me this visa today cos my siblings and parents have been given at one time or the other without denial.

Interview:

Me - Good morning ma,
VO - Gm
Me - I'm going to study for my masters degree in business admin so that on completion i'll return to take full control of the family business after acquiring adequate business skills.
VO - (she nods her head) ( and she's been typing most of the time) (i can't remember at what time she stops to attend to me and point she types) (she's been smiling and i've also been smiling along)
Me - I gave it to her - (account has an almost 100m naira fixed deposit but my uncle's law firm)
VO - Who is my Sponsor?
Me - My Dad
VO - What does he do?
Me - He's a lawyer
VO - sorry, we can not give you a visa at this time ( then hands me over a document that gives reasons why i was denied)
Me - in my mind as i collected the document ( why una like to dey Bleep up like this )

Meanwhile when it was my turn, she ( window 8 ) called for next, the window 7 lady called almost immediately, if i had known i would have just changed movement to the window 7 lady. i only went to window 8 cos she granted the applicant before me visa.

Pls house, i don't know my offense o. Really don't know why she denied me. The school resumes 5th January 2015. Don't know what i have to correct if i have to go for another visa interview before the school resumes.

At bold, I think you provided more answers than what the VO asked. You were kind of agitated. Most times those guys frown at responses they didn't request for. I think overall your response was ok but desperation could still be seen in ur transcript. Refire and possess your possession.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by godG: 9:34am On Dec 04, 2014
Hello, house. A quick one, please: Is TOEFL /GRE registration still going through with PayPal? Been trying to register someone only for the portal to decline payment. Meanwhile, congratulations to the grantees.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Ctemi(f): 9:43am On Dec 04, 2014
adeyeni86:
Congrat sis
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Ctemi(f): 9:47am On Dec 04, 2014
@Walspring, I need your assistant on how to pay Sevis fee.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:51am On Dec 04, 2014
Ctemi:
I will advice you pm bigfrancis21 or someone in US, pay in the equivalent of 200usd to them in naira and they will get it done for you. It saves a lot of stress. He's been very helpful
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Tekecoms1(m): 10:36am On Dec 04, 2014
Briz:
Good day all,

Interview:

Me - Good morning ma,
VO - Gm
VO - Who is my Sponsor?
Me - My Dad
VO - What does he do?
Me - He's a lawyer

You need to reconsider writing GRE not because your school doesn't need it but because it lightens and convinces the heart of the VO that you are academically ready for the the visa approval quest.(My submission /opinion) GRE triggers up the VO's interest in you regardless of your score.
Secondly you provided an unwarranted pieces of info as the V.O never asked.( My opinion )
U need convincing information as regards the school of your choice......
Calm down the next time u wanna appear before any V.O again.
Please take a dose of phalium or Tramadol to slow you down depending on your level of temperament.
God bless u.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 04, 2014
slimmy05:
the guy dey express anger you dey find grammar
...anger on why he and others should use Google to help themselves? My OZ way go soon pure...I will contact Mr Gideon soon.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by godG: 11:03am On Dec 04, 2014
godG:
Hello, house. A quick one, please: Is TOEFL /GRE registration still going through with PayPal? Been trying to register someone only for the portal to decline payment. Meanwhile, congratulations to the grantees.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Theflint1(m): 11:08am On Dec 04, 2014
Briz:
Good day all,

Interview:

Me - Good morning ma,
VO - Gm
VO - Who is my Sponsor?
Me - My Dad
VO - What does he do?
Me - He's a lawyer

100k a month turnover and a100million bank statement seems incongruous.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 04, 2014
ferdimako:

...anger on why he and others should use Google to help themselves? My OZ way go soon pure...I will contact Mr Gideon soon.
Correct. Wish you all the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Glocal1: 11:18am On Dec 04, 2014
bijouxcutey:
Hello house. Please come to my rescue. I'm also a prospective student,and looking forward to fall. I'm going for masters in public health. I have got my test score result,322. Wes sent my evaluation and my my gpa is 2.89. I'm praying the schools I have in mind can still consider me,based on that gpa,cos I was anticipating scholarship or financial aids. I have good SOP,and letter of recommendation,but I'm not happy with my gpa. I do know admission into these schools is usually holistical,but I equally know that there are still schools that will be willing to grant financial aids,going by my test scores. Please assist me with schools.
Bro, just take d pain to google it, but try checking temple university. MPH is also on my mind but like plan C. How much is d wes evaluation n what's ur real CGPA b4 evaluation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Ctemi(f): 11:29am On Dec 04, 2014
slimmy05:
I will advice you pm bigfrancis21 or someone in US, pay in the equivalent of 200usd to them in naira and they will get it done for you. It saves a lot of stress. He's been very helpful
Okay thank I will do as you say
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Tekecoms1(m): 11:31am On Dec 04, 2014
bijouxcutey:
Hello house. Please come to my rescue. I'm also a prospective student,and looking forward to fall. I'm going for masters in public health. I have got my test score result,322. Wes sent my evaluation and my my gpa is 2.89. I'm praying the schools I have in mind can still consider me,based on that gpa,cos I was anticipating scholarship or financial aids. I have good SOP,and letter of recommendation,but I'm not happy with my gpa. I do know admission into these schools is usually holistical,but I equally know that there are still schools that will be willing to grant financial aids,going by my test scores. Please assist me with schools.
dont be lazy bro.. U dont need VISA to gain access into Google's database.
http://www.utexas.edu/world/univ/state/
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:51am On Dec 04, 2014
Ctemi:

send pm to me or follow what slimmy stated..

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140