Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (482) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (868033 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:43pm On May 04, 2015
spyke01:
Thanks Bro
You're welcome.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bartino: 2:16pm On May 04, 2015
akin3102:
Am actually going to SDSM&T in south dakosta..Msc in mining Engineering.
that's nice,sdsmt is in rapid city.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by durobraham(f): 2:20pm On May 04, 2015
slimmy05:
royal air maroc, have you checked Qatar?

I have checked royal air maroc, its about the same$1200. Thanks for responding @slimmy05.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 04, 2015
durobraham:

I have checked royal air maroc, its about the same$1200. Thanks for responding @slimmy05.
when do you intend flying?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by pcbo: 2:51pm On May 04, 2015
Pls has anyone used wakanow.com to book flight ticket before?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Ctemi(f): 2:56pm On May 04, 2015
durobraham:

Check emirate is cheaper
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by sammynwaGod(m): 3:15pm On May 04, 2015
durobraham:
Hi all,

Please whats the best airline to travel to the USA and how does one get affordable flights?

Abeg o. Cheapest we have found is Ethiopian and its abt 250k for one way.

try turkish airline. ethihad or Emirates
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 3:25pm On May 04, 2015
durobraham:
Hi all,

Please whats the best airline to travel to the USA and how does one get affordable flights?

Abeg o. Cheapest we have found is Ethiopian and its abt 250k for one way.

If you want cheap flight, the best way is to fly from Lagos to New York and from New York to your destination either by flight or train or bus..

Highest you will spend will be less than 1000 usd if i am not wrong.

Emirates, air maroc and Qatar are always cheap, you can try and make use of anyone you get a cheap price from.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by udeyokay: 3:26pm On May 04, 2015
spyke01:
My Transcript as follows

Vo's denied everyone before me
At this stage I was very scared

Me: Good morning ma
No answer
VO: pass me your documents
VO: how did you know about the school
Me: I did research on the Internet about schools that suit my academic career using research tools like Princetonreview.com, usnews.com and EducationUSA
Vo: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: 5
Vo: Name them
Me: mentioned the 5 and location
VO: why Winona state university
Me: because it's the only university that offers a bsc in materials Engineering and I got a scholarship from the school covering almost 50% of my Tuition fee
VO: Am not sure about that, I think a lot of schools offer this
Me: erm it's the only accredited one
VO: ok, so when did u finish in highschool
Me: I finished in 2007 and pursued a bachelors degree in Economics at the university of Ibadan
VO: so you have a Bachelors degree already?
Me: yes ma
VO: and you going for another
Me: yes another in materials Engineering
Vo: what year did you graduate from university
Me: 2012
VO: can I see your transcripts, for your bachelors degree and waec, (shows her)
Vo: did you do any tests?
Me: yes, I did the toefl
Vo:what about the sat, act
Me: No ma'm, the school requested for just one standardised test, any one
Vo: For an Engineering course?
Me: Yes ma
Vo: so what will this degree do for you
Me: It would give me the required skills and knowledge to run my Father's engineering firm
Vo: so what do you do at the moment
Me: I work as an Administrative manager in my Father's company
VO: so you working as an administrative Manager and you wanna go study materials Engineering
me: Yes ma, because I lost my father in the last quarter of 2014, I need to be well equipped to run his company
Vo: ok, can I see your statement of account?
Me: shows her
Vo: whose statement is this? (going through it)
Me: my mom
Vo: what does she do
Me: Told her
Vo: okay, I will approve your visa now, u can go pick it up at this address (circles it)
Me: thank you ma

So many red flags
It was just God's favour, I prayed and I got it
Congrats my man I tap your sucess story

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 3:29pm On May 04, 2015
pcbo:
Pls has anyone used wakanow.com to book flight ticket before?

someone on this thread posted that they can disappoint... So it better you book direct from the airline online or via their office.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:33pm On May 04, 2015
Good day people.

Please, what is the next possible available date for visa interview.

Does anyone know or have an idea?

My school resumed on the first, is it possible to get a date before 31st of May which is the deadline?

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 3:39pm On May 04, 2015
curiobling:
pls which sch accept your application to send you i20 form without writing TOEFL/SAT,i had B2 in my o/lev Eng and 3.0 in my use of Eng. am sure this should exempt me as Nig

Bro with all these your good grades in English, why are you scared of writing English test for admission?

Abi your O'level is powered by Runz? Writing this test won't kill you but build you..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 3:41pm On May 04, 2015
0000A:
Good day people.

Please, what is the next possible available date for visa interview.

Does anyone know or have an idea?

My school resumed on the first, is it possible to get a date before 31st of May which is the deadline?

Thanks.

which on the first did your school resumed?

Anyway the last time i checked, may 5th is first available appointment for lagos while abuja is may 13th
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 3:47pm On May 04, 2015
curiobling:
i contacted wayne state university early this wk,after much emails conversations they sent me a link that exempted some countries from writing SAT or TOEFL and its a surprise Nigeria was not listed but liberia was among. i love the sch but now that i dont have toefl or sat and i thought nigeria can study in usa without test of english. i wish to continue my undagrad by transfering my credit pls how true is wayne state

I dont think you truly love the school because if you do, you will do the best you can to get all their requirements and send it to them.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 04, 2015
Walspring:

which on the first did your school resumed?

Anyway the last time i checked, may 5th is first available appointment for lagos while abuja is may 13th

Thank you for the response sir.

Actually, I had an interview today, I knew I flunked the second Q which the V.O was magnanimous to take me back to after few other question but I was obviously jittery that I began to laugh at myself on the spot.

Embassy said I could reapply in a week. So, having had the experience, I want to re-apply and get my visa.

Thank you again sir.

And I'm looking at the Lagos office sir.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 3:55pm On May 04, 2015
f8luv87:
sorry,its uni.they requested transcript evaluation and high sch result.I should have gone for community college to save all these stress am going thru.

Glad its not CC and if i knew you before i would advise you not to evaluate transcript for UG because of cost etc unless it will bring scholarship to your door step
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 3:57pm On May 04, 2015
slimmy05:
You can still change your mind and apply to a community college so that your admission process would be as fast as visa denial as well.

gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 4:01pm On May 04, 2015
0000A:

Thank you for the response sir.

Actually, I had an interview today, I knew I flunked the second Q which the V.O was magnanimous to take me back to after few other question but I was obviously jittery that I began to laugh at myself on the spot.

Embassy said I could reapply in a week. So, having had the experience, I want to re-apply and get my visa.

Thank you again sir.

And I'm looking at the Lagos office sir.

Lets give the thank to God.

Sorry about your delay and delay is not the end of life, just work on your lapse and refire back.

Kindly post your interview transcript here so that people will help and assist you to correct things and you will enjoy it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:03pm On May 04, 2015
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 4:07pm On May 04, 2015
Bplati:
Yes ma'am if it's within the price I can afford.

Can you afford #30,000
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 4:11pm On May 04, 2015
EdetMavo:
visa approved in Abuja...

my transcript...

V.O.. good morning
me.. morning
V.O.. how did you get to know about this school
me.. two of my lecturers directed me, and I researched on usnews.com and Google
V.O.. why do you wanna study Theology
me.. told the vo

V.O.. who's sponsoring you?
me.. my uncle
V.O.. why?
me.. told him cos of my academic excellence right from primary school days...
V.O.. what did you get in your B.SC
me.. First Class
V.O.. looked straight into my eyes and said visa approved... go to this office on Wednesday and get... gave me visa collecting form and kept my passport with her

the V.o was just smiling at me too much when I was answering her questions...

ALL THANKS TO GOD

Congrats and enjoy your stay in Obamaland.

Cheers! Cheers!! Cheers!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by durobraham(f): 4:42pm On May 04, 2015
Walspring:

If you want cheap flight, the best way is to fly from Lagos to New York and from New York to your destination either by flight or train or bus..

Highest you will spend will be less than 1000 usd if i am not wrong.

Emirates, air maroc and Qatar are always cheap, you can try and make use of anyone you get a cheap price from.

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by durobraham(f): 4:43pm On May 04, 2015
sammynwaGod:

try turkish airline. ethihad or Emirates

Thanks for your help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by durobraham(f): 4:44pm On May 04, 2015
Ctemi:

Check emirate is cheaper

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by EdetMavo(m): 4:53pm On May 04, 2015
pls where do I book cheap flight
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by spyke01(m): 5:13pm On May 04, 2015
Hello house
Please what do I go with to pick up my passport
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 04, 2015
Walspring:

Lets give the thank to God.

Sorry about your delay and delay is not the end of life, just work on your lapse and refire back.

Kindly post your interview transcript here so that people will help and assist you to correct things and you will enjoy it

V.O: where in the US are you going to?

Me: I told her.

V.O: why the school.

Me: one of the not so many schools offering international relations as a major at Post Grad level as opposed to many other schools offering it either as a minor or at undergrad levels only.

Also, the course curriculim suit my academic expectation and career aspirations bla bla bla

V.O: How many schools did you apply to?

Me: 3 - OAU, Webster abd Univ of Oklahoma

V.O: Why did you apply to these Schools or why did you not go to these schools (I honestly did not hear these question very well).

Me: i muddled everything up here by giving 2 answers to the 2 questions I thought I heard.

V. O: What do you do?

Me: told her

V.O: who's paying

Me: Parents

V.O: what was your first degree in

V.O: did you do your first degree outside the country?

Me: No, I did it here in Nigeria.

V.O: why international relations?

Me: told her how my career goals of lecturing and being a diplomat align with international relations.

V.O: ok, I am sorry but you do not qualify for visa at the moment, you can reapply again.

Me: smiled, took the blue paper and my documents, turned around and left.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by aadeyi: 5:57pm On May 04, 2015
EdetMavo:
visa approved in Abuja...

my transcript...

V.O.. good morning
me.. morning
V.O.. how did you get to know about this school
me.. two of my lecturers directed me, and I researched on usnews.com and Google
V.O.. why do you wanna study Theology
me.. told the vo

V.O.. who's sponsoring you?
me.. my uncle
V.O.. why?
me.. told him cos of my academic excellence right from primary school days...
V.O.. what did you get in your B.SC
me.. First Class
V.O.. looked straight into my eyes and said visa approved... go to this office on Wednesday and get... gave me visa collecting form and kept my passport with her

the V.o was just smiling at me too much when I was answering her questions...

ALL THANKS TO GOD

Congratulations bro... you killed it. Enjoy your stay in Obamaland
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by aadeyi: 5:58pm On May 04, 2015
spyke01:
My Transcript as follows

Vo's denied everyone before me
At this stage I was very scared

Me: Good morning ma
No answer
VO: pass me your documents
VO: how did you know about the school
Me: I did research on the Internet about schools that suit my academic career using research tools like Princetonreview.com, usnews.com and EducationUSA
Vo: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: 5
Vo: Name them
Me: mentioned the 5 and location
VO: why Winona state university
Me: because it's the only university that offers a bsc in materials Engineering and I got a scholarship from the school covering almost 50% of my Tuition fee
VO: Am not sure about that, I think a lot of schools offer this
Me: erm it's the only accredited one
VO: ok, so when did u finish in highschool
Me: I finished in 2007 and pursued a bachelors degree in Economics at the university of Ibadan
VO: so you have a Bachelors degree already?
Me: yes ma
VO: and you going for another
Me: yes another in materials Engineering
Vo: what year did you graduate from university
Me: 2012
VO: can I see your transcripts, for your bachelors degree and waec, (shows her)
Vo: did you do any tests?
Me: yes, I did the toefl
Vo:what about the sat, act
Me: No ma'm, the school requested for just one standardised test, any one
Vo: For an Engineering course?
Me: Yes ma
Vo: so what will this degree do for you
Me: It would give me the required skills and knowledge to run my Father's engineering firm
Vo: so what do you do at the moment
Me: I work as an Administrative manager in my Father's company
VO: so you working as an administrative Manager and you wanna go study materials Engineering
me: Yes ma, because I lost my father in the last quarter of 2014, I need to be well equipped to run his company
Vo: ok, can I see your statement of account?
Me: shows her
Vo: whose statement is this? (going through it)
Me: my mom
Vo: what does she do
Vo: okay, I will approve your visa now, u can go pick it up at this address (circles it)
Me: thank you ma

So many red flags
It was just God's favour, I prayed and I got it

Victory At last...... Congratulations
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by aadeyi: 6:08pm On May 04, 2015
0000A:

Me: one of the not so many schools offering international relations as a major at Post Grad level as opposed to many other schools offering it either as a minor or at undergrad levels only.

Also, the course curriculim suit my academic expectation and career aspirations bla bla bla

V.O: Why did you apply to these Schools or why did you not go to these schools (I honestly did not hear these question very well).

Me: i muddled everything up here by giving 2 answers to the 2 questions I thought I heard.

Me: told her how my career goals of lecturing and being a diplomat align with international relations.

V.O: ok, I am sorry but you do not qualify for visa at the moment, you can reapply again.

From what you posted, it shows you are paranoid and afraid of the unknown. Also it seems you are not well prepared.

Anyway it is just a temporary delay, all you got to do now is re fire and prepare adequately. Get rid of your fear and improve your use of English and arrangement of words. Simplify yourself so that even a lame man will understand your point.

VOs are not God, so they are not to be scared of. I believe you can do you. Just take the courage.
#MYVIEW

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by spyke01(m): 6:11pm On May 04, 2015
0000A:

You were the person on a white native right?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:12pm On May 04, 2015
spyke01:

You were the person on a white native right?

Yes
OMG!

How did yours go?
What did you have on?

(1) (2) (3) ... (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.