Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,719 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:54 PM

Do Short Guys Stand A Chance ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Short Guys Stand A Chance ? (1563 Views)

10 Ways Ladies Frustrate The Life Of Short Guys / Why Do Short Girls Demand Tall Guys? / Why Do Short Men Like To Date Tall Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Short Guys Stand A Chance ? by vislabraye(m): 12:39am On Aug 23, 2014
.You were always the small guy of the bunch. You were the one who was chosen last in the football lineup. You were the one who was afraid he wouldn't get a date.
However, just because your trousers are shorter and you need to look up to most of those around you, doesn't mean that you should also have short expectations when it comes to dating and life.

What it means to be short
Besides, what do we mean by short? Anyone is short next to Yao Ming, Conan O'Brien and Peter Crouch, so they are no indication of the norm. Regular height for a man ranges between 5-foot-8 and 5-foot-11, while "short" for men, according to clothing sizes, ranges between 5-foot-4 and 5-foot-7. Now, even if you don't reach the average height, there's no reason to feel insecure or lacking in any way.
Even the heights of the "shorter" Ryan Seacrest, Manny Pacquiao, Mark Ronson, and Kanye West have nothing to do with their power or presence.
But in our prejudiced society, where certain norms and expectations rule, we all want to be part of the crowd, and even meet or exceed standards. Even Louis XIV wore five-inch high-heel shoes, which helped popularise the shoes no man today can grasp.
Does size matter to women?
We rounded up a group of girlfriends in order to determine if short men stand a chance; you may or may not be surprised with the results.
While Janine said: "As long as a man has a personality, his height doesn't matter," Stacey stated that "It's what a man does with his height that really counts."

Gina placed intelligence and a wicked sense of style very high on her list of prerequisites for a good man, and Iris agreed with Janine in stating that a personality is of prime importance — in terms of "confidence, sense of humour, wit, and a killer smile."

Let's not be naive, though. Steffi said that she always dreamed of "a tall, dark man to whisk her away," as did Andrea, who responded that she only dates men who stand taller than 6 feet. OK, these two women are 5-foot-11.

You've surely heard this before, but women look for the following in a man:
intelligence
ambition
genuine kindness and caring
witty sense of humour
sense of style
confidence
good looks
Let it be known that this checklist is not in order of importance, and you don't need to be born with good looks in order to look good. That's where the gift of grooming and fashion come into play — for short men and tall men alike.
Do short men stand a chance with women and in life?

http://uk.askmen.com/dating/heidi/51_dating_girl.html
So what's ur take ?
Re: Do Short Guys Stand A Chance ? by Kajiang02(m): 12:44am On Aug 23, 2014
Sure they do. They've always done and will always do. (Pardon my tautology).
MI isn't a tall dude, Pius Ikedia, Roberto Carlos so many people. Ty Lanister of game of Thrones movie is a midget but i always remember his sayings and quotes everytime. This one always get me thinking;
"Never forget who/what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like an armour and it can never be used to hurt you."
Re: Do Short Guys Stand A Chance ? by dammyjay93(m): 12:46am On Aug 23, 2014
Ladies if you are taller than your bf, he's not ur bf, he's your minion! grin

2 Likes

Re: Do Short Guys Stand A Chance ? by vislabraye(m): 12:58am On Aug 23, 2014
Kajiang02: Sure they do. They've always done and will always do. (Pardon my tautology).
MI isn't a tall dude, Pius Ikedia, Roberto Carlos so many people. Ty Lanister of game of Thrones movie is a midget but i always remember his sayings and quotes everytime. This one always get me thinking;
"Never forget who/what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like an armour and it can never be used to hurt you."

I mean when it comes to dating. They would really need to up their game if they want to compete with the taller blokes.
Re: Do Short Guys Stand A Chance ? by Kajiang02(m): 1:07am On Aug 23, 2014
Up in what sense? SWAG? This would be a personality thing. So many tall dudes are brainless/swagless too you know.
I guess you mean fund(money/cash). You know that one na, it answereth all thing. Even if you're 2feet tall
Re: Do Short Guys Stand A Chance ? by michaeltotti(m): 5:03am On Aug 23, 2014
vislabraye:

I mean when it comes to dating. They would really need to up their game if they want to compete with the taller blokes.
like a club that doesn't qualify ƒό̲̣̣̣̥̥̊я̲̣̣̥ champions league bidding ƒό̲̣̣̣̥̥̊я̲̣̣̥ a player that champions league want,na upbid ooooo
Re: Do Short Guys Stand A Chance ? by Nobody: 8:45am On Aug 23, 2014
vislabraye:
vislabraye:

you ar funny.My man is 5.6or 7 cos i am 5.5 but he looks so good even tall gurls drools,so...you dont have an arguement.
Re: Do Short Guys Stand A Chance ? by Tymax(m): 9:10am On Aug 23, 2014
A short lady stands a better chance than a short man. grin Don't know why. grin

Tall dudes somehow appreciate short women 5ft5 and below.

Tall ladies on the other hand don't like short guys. They even prefer regular height guys.

Some short ladies don't want short guys at all. grin

Na wa o. Humans are so vain. grin
Re: Do Short Guys Stand A Chance ? by vislabraye(m): 9:19am On Aug 23, 2014
lynpetra:
you ar funny.My man is 5.6or 7 cos i am 5.5 but he looks so good even tall gurls drools,so...you dont have an arguement.

?. I'm sure you were never attracted to him because of his height.

1 Like

Re: Do Short Guys Stand A Chance ? by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 23, 2014
vislabraye:
[quote
author=vislabraye]

Was it his looks the attracted you to him or other qualities such as his
looks?. I'm sure you were never attracted to him by his height.
Well,his looks is good but not d kind of handsomeness i love cos i love dark men while he is fair,no albs,no bones,a bit fleshy,a little make over,he will surely pass for a woman.I really was attracted first cos of his personality,now i love what i use to hate.

2 Likes

Re: Do Short Guys Stand A Chance ? by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 23, 2014
...They can get short girls as well....As for me, its a capital NO for me.....I want a good gene for my children....I dont want short pickins...
Re: Do Short Guys Stand A Chance ? by Tymax(m): 9:39am On Aug 23, 2014
temigracie: ...They can get short girls as well....As for me, its a capital NO for me.....I want a good gene for my children....I dont want short pickins...
So short man na bad gene? I don hear another one o! grin Have mercy na.
Re: Do Short Guys Stand A Chance ? by NiniArike(f): 9:40am On Aug 23, 2014
Any Guy below 5"9 is a No-No for me! smiley
Re: Do Short Guys Stand A Chance ? by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 23, 2014
Tymax:
So short man na bad gene? I don hear another one o! grin Have mercy na.
...Its not a bad gene....But thats what i want for my kids.....I cant risk having short kukute developing in my house
Re: Do Short Guys Stand A Chance ? by jmoore(m): 10:02am On Aug 23, 2014
I am 4ft tall short. Do I stand a chance?

(1) (Reply)

6 Characteristics Of Most Awesome Girlfriend Ever / A Must Read: The True Meaning Of 'I Love You' / Photos: Meet South African Twin Sisters Who Married The Same Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.