Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,684 members, 7,823,927 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Things You Only See In Dubai - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Things You Only See In Dubai (64973 Views)

Nigerian Man Under Trial In Dubai For Beating Up An Indian / Nigerians Stuck In Dubai/ Overstayed Take Advantage Of This / Where Can I Buy Gold In Dubai? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by Herrmes: 3:26pm On Aug 23, 2014
what you'll only see in Dubai: The first set of terrorists that have small sense and are not willing to bomb their country
Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by 2scorehigh(m): 3:29pm On Aug 23, 2014
Amazing! This could have been Nigeria if...
Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by SkinnyDude(m): 3:30pm On Aug 23, 2014
freecocoa: Yea we will my dear.
#Kisses her..
Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by emog17(m): 3:32pm On Aug 23, 2014
kstyle2: If only 9ja knew how 2 use the oil God gave us, I fit don upload my own pix with tiger,lion,hyena...now na this nonsense dog wey likke sugar cane and draw soup I get
lol
Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by SkinnyDude(m): 3:37pm On Aug 23, 2014
DailyNews: 100 wealthiest teenagers in United States alone will buy the whole of Dubai and you don't see Americans making much noise.

United States opened its doors wide for all countries of the world to come in and enjoy with them via their DV Lottery which helped alleviate many Nigerians and Africans from poverty.

But look at your Arab mentors, all they do is enslave black people who work for them and get paid a peanut.

They suppress women, make them voiceless and then turn black women into their sex slaves and love peddlers.

Arab countries are evil! Nothing good can come from them aside terrorism and religious extremism!!!

Arab nations are bloody racists!!! Can they ever allow black marry their daughters Never!!! They are cavemen!!! I don't like them at all! Give me an opportunity and I will deal with them and cripple their crude oil dependent economies and watch them starve. Lazy racists!!!
this hatred is too much. were you denied visa to UAE?

5 Likes

Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by numericalguy(m): 3:56pm On Aug 23, 2014
SkinnyDude:
this hatred is too much. were you denied visa to UAE?

Abi o! Help me ask them o!

some silly Nigerians are even talking about corruption in Dubai when the $20bilion that got lost in NNPC that Sanusi was shouting about has not been found.
Dubai was initially built on $20billion that was judiciously used.

I smh for some Nigerians

4 Likes

Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 23, 2014
2scorehigh: Amazing! This could have been Nigeria if...
I wouldn't want Nigeria to be like Dubia in its extravagance, without substance and a sense of national skills.

3 Likes

Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by uzoexcel(m): 4:30pm On Aug 23, 2014
Would you like to enjoy adventure in snow and ice? Especially if it is in Dubai, you will be much more interested. Would you ever imagine that a perfect desert like Dubai can offer the skiing in snow and ice? Many people from all over the including the neighboring emirates, Oman and Qatar flock to Dubai to have fun filled wonderful time in the majestic facilities of Ski Dubai.

Ski Dubai acclaimed as one of the largest indoor ski resorts is part of the Mall of the Emirates. It is themed after some of the world renowned ski resorts in Europe. An amazing Ski Dubai offers a whopping 22, 500 square meters of skiing and it is fully snow covered making it the most adventurous and entertaining ski resort. The state of the art technologies are adopted here to maintain the thick snow layers perfectly suitable for skiing. Also the temperatures, -1 degree Celsius in day and -6 degree Celsius in night, are meticulously maintained. This ski resort has real snow all through the year irrespective of climate and season.

The ski Dubai offers mild to very tough adventures for the skiing enthusiasts. The ski slopes are 80 meters wide and 85 meters high. There are five runs of varying levels of difficulties; the longest has a run of 400m. Real challenge for the skiers lies in the slopes changing in heights and the gradients. Ski Dubai is suitable for all types of skiers, novices to experts. It can at a time facilitate 1500 guests.

The management of Ski Dubai provides all clothing, gears and equipments required for entertaining skiing. Winter jackets, caps, gloves and snow boards are readily available here. Quad chairs and the tow lifts bring back the skiers after their skiing from top to down. Themed restaurants located at various heights offer the skiers with enough coffee items required to pump energy in to the body. Ski Dubai also offers professional instructors for helping the novices with important lessons of skiing.

1 Like

Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by uzoexcel(m): 4:32pm On Aug 23, 2014
beggars cant be choosers
u really do need to get of ur high horse

all4naija: I wouldn't want Nigeria to be like Dubia in its extravagance, without substance and a sense of national skills.

1 Like

Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 23, 2014
uzoexcel: beggars cant be choosers
u really do need to get of ur high horse

There is no need to build like Dubai to have a well functioning society. Indeed, Dubai extravagance is for attention-seeking notion. It is a city built on fantasy without having sense of building the citizens based on skills and technological contribution to humanity. I wouldn't want Nigeria to follow such footstep.

This is not about self-aggrandizement but speaking for what works in a sustainable way. Dubai can't stand that pace of development for the next 30 years to come and that is one of the reasons they are doing their best to promote and exaggerate things as we have seen in those images to attract foreigners. Nigeria should aim for sustainable development.

4 Likes

Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 23, 2014
careema: What amazed me when i travelled there is their police cars, God! i was amazed, lamborgini and the likes. the tot that crossed my mind was to drive this car, i wouldnt mind being an officer. grin grin
Lol. I heard that even students ride in Ferrari's and Lamboghinis shocked
Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by uzoexcel(m): 4:51pm On Aug 23, 2014
hilarious!!!!!truly hilarious!!!!
all4naija: There is no need to build like Dubai to have a well functioning society. Indeed, Dubai extravagance is for attention-seeking notion. It is a city built on fantasy without having sense of building the citizens based on skill and technological contribution to humanity. I wouldn't want Nigeria to follow such footstep.

This is not about self-aggrandizement but speaking for what works in a sustainable way. Dubai can't stand that pace of development for the next 30 years to come and that is one of the reasons they are doing their best to promote and exaggerate things as we have seen in those images to attract foreigners. Nigeria should aim for sustainable development.

2 Likes

Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by numericalguy(m): 5:06pm On Aug 23, 2014
Dubai people are using their oil money to develop their country and some silly Nigerians are going into a fit.
The same silly Nigerians have kept quiet when our politifcians steal our own oil money and stash them in foreign accounts while they live in poverty.

6 Likes

Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by docsholz(m): 5:12pm On Aug 23, 2014
numericalguy: Dubai people are using their oil money to develop their country and some silly Nigerians are going into a fit.
The same silly Nigerians have kept quiet when our politifcians steal our own oil money and stash them in foreign accounts while they live in poverty.
Baba no mind these guys, most nairalanders are hypocrites

4 Likes

Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by BecaciaBarbie(f): 5:19pm On Aug 23, 2014
Woooooooooooooooow!!!!!!! cool cool

1 Like

Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by 50calibre(m): 6:03pm On Aug 23, 2014
DailyNews: 100 wealthiest teenagers in United States alone will buy the whole of Dubai and you don't see Americans making much noise.

United States opened its doors wide for all countries of the world to come in and enjoy with them via their DV Lottery which helped alleviate many Nigerians and Africans from poverty.

But look at your Arab mentors, all they do is enslave black people who work for them and get paid a peanut.

They suppress women, make them voiceless and then turn black women into their sex slaves and love peddlers.

Arab countries are evil! Nothing good can come from them aside terrorism and religious extremism!!!

Arab nations are bloody racists!!! Can they ever allow black marry their daughters Never!!! They are cavemen!!! I don't like them at all! Give me an opportunity and I will deal with them and cripple their crude oil dependent economies and watch them starve. Lazy racists!!!

Loooooool @Dailynews, I enjoy reading your epistles at times, as some make factual points but this right here is ignorance on full display.

The highlighted is just laughable to say the least.

We should always be careful not to allow emotions and hatred get the better of us, as this could cloud our sense of judgement.

Try to be objective with your statements, facts are facts, hatred or personal feeling shouldn't get in the way of facts.

Now to the topic, putting this in the simplest term, Dubai is a Mecca for wealth. It doesn't matter the source of revenue, don't concern yourself with that because except their oil reserves runs dry or dependence on fossil fuel reduces, revenue will keep rolling in & people will keep getting richer.

Dubai has witnessed an insane growth in the last decade, their property market is one of the hottest in the world (only affordable by the uber rich), there has been an influx of foreign investments into country over the last couple of years, & in terms of infrastructure, only few cities on the planet can compete with Dubai. Mind you, Dubai is just a small place.

Speaking of Racism, yeah there might be racists, but you're exaggerating. If you're lucky to cross paths with the rich, non-racist Arabs, it could change your life. When it comes to munificence, no race can compete with the Arabs, they give like there's no tomorrow & I'm speaking based on what I've seen.

Read this link below, a woman who served as hairdresser for Dubai's royal family.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/real-life/hairdresser-tells-of-life-with-abu-dhabi-1254233

3 Likes

Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by bamite(m): 7:51pm On Aug 23, 2014
glitest:

I never replied your comment with the intention of getting into an agurement, because there isn't any to agure about.....So yes, aguring wouldn't make any ounce of sense, because I am 100% sure I gave you a legitimate reply.

PS: I never called you names; Mugu is the term used for men who are easily duped by trashy women....You could either do some research on it; or better yet, ask your fellow Nl pals to explain what that term means to you.....Secondly, you wouldn't have quoted nor replied my comment for the second time, if you were that serious with your forth coming exams...So talking about it, doesn't make you look important nor serious... GOODLUCK ON YOUr EXAMS.

a wolf is a wolf, weda in sheep's clothing or not
from my deductions from ir comments,career minded ladies are more prone to whoring around dan less ambitious ones,so quit soundin too arrogant and b1tchy and address odas without calling names.
ps: dont quote me
Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by experimentist: 8:02pm On Aug 23, 2014
If I no comment for dis thread na bleeps up. shocked

3 Likes

Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by Nobody: 8:10pm On Aug 23, 2014
bamite: a wolf is a wolf, weda in sheep's clothing or not
from my deductions from ir comments,career minded ladies are more prone to whoring around dan less ambitious ones,so quit soundin too arrogant and b1tchy and address odas without calling names.
ps: dont quote me

If only you could simply comprehend; it would saved you from disgracing yourself for been ignorant.

First you stated I shouldn't quote you?......such are the exact moves an attention grabbing boy( not man), would do.

Secondly; you've simply never met, nor know a REAL career minded lady; Or else, you wouldn't have yet again, made such ignorant comment.... Lastly for crying out loud, when the hek did the term "mugu" become name calling?...Gosh!!

Pls wackyj1 love; I beg of you to help me explain what/ who a mugu is?...Biko. cry

1 Like

Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by debeey87(m): 8:49pm On Aug 23, 2014
holyboss: Hw I wish that Gold jeep is mine undecided

Rather hope your are ready for an opportunity to own one when it surfaces

1 Like

Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by Nobody: 8:57pm On Aug 23, 2014
justi4jesu: See the car i saw at Dubai Mall yesterday when i went there.
bros nor vex o you really in dubia

1 Like

Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by WackyJ1(m): 8:59pm On Aug 23, 2014
glitest:

If only you could simply comprehend; it would saved you from disgracing yourself for been ignorant.

First you stated I shouldn't quote you?......such are the exact moves an attention grabbing boy( not man), would do.

Secondly; you've simply never met, nor know a REAL career minded lady; Or else, you wouldn't have yet again, made such ignorant comment.... Lastly for crying out loud, when the hek did the term "mugu" become name calling?...Gosh!!

Pls wackyj1 love; I beg of you to help me explain what/ who a mugu is?...Biko. cry

Sorry dear, mugu is name calling, apologize

1 Like

Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by Nobody: 9:01pm On Aug 23, 2014
WackyJ1:

Sorry dear, mugu is name calling, apologize

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked.
Oops!!..I thought the term "mugu", was coined for guys who are easily sawyed and used by trashy women?. undecided undecided
Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by justi4jesu(f): 9:10pm On Aug 23, 2014
WARRIBLOOD: bros nor vex o you really in dubia

grin grin
Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 23, 2014
justi4jesu:

grin grin
Na question i ask you o bros....are you presently in Dubia....
Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by justi4jesu(f): 9:15pm On Aug 23, 2014
WARRIBLOOD: Na question i ask you o bros....are you presently in Dubia....

Why do u want to know undecided undecided
Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by Nobody: 9:29pm On Aug 23, 2014
SirHouloo: See clean cars, am not seeing Danfo or Molue....hmmmm.

I dont know how to say this
My car is not posh, but it is not a jalopy at all
Like, in the Naija city I live in, it gets by really well

But all the taxi cabs I entered in Dubai were finer than my car
I truly did not see my car model/make at all in Dubai....and I stayed at Jumeirah and Festival City

Does "see gobe" apply in this case? cheesy
(Still outraged, on my car's behalf)

Then....there is this Mall of the Emirates....
.....their parking lot is awesome....Bugattis, Cadillacs, Ferrarris, etc were jostling for space
Posh car galore it was
I even entered a finer taxi than regular at that mall
It was crazzzzzyyyy
I know very little about cars though but that place was a car heaven

2 Likes

Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 23, 2014
I must go 2 Dubai Ijn.wether there b terrorist he no concern me.i love U A E.,but Just4jesus church de there so?

1 Like

Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by Worksunlimited: 9:36pm On Aug 23, 2014
justi4jesu:

100% reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, i even have a video of him playing with his Tiger, i stood very far because i no fit tell the story later grin

You dey avoid narrate the stories dat touch later.. If dem try dat kind tin for nigeria ere, especially in lagos... lipsrsealed
Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by Evasmillingguy(m): 9:36pm On Aug 23, 2014
All dis for real?
Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by supercharged: 9:49pm On Aug 23, 2014
Nigerians in denial... I don't know where all these hate is coming out of.... shocked

I wonder if its jealousy... Is it Jealousy

1 Like

Re: Things You Only See In Dubai by debeey87(m): 10:03pm On Aug 23, 2014
adrainuche: Lie dis is ridiculous ave stayed in Dubai visited there i cant even count .... This is just rubbish u think u see ferrari everywere meanwhile u see normal cars. More than.them this is just bullshit.. If na d time wen i never travel i for believe but now all dese na rubnish.. Extreme Rubbish

Are you sure it was not during the early 90s you visited. cos last I checked this April.....these things are real don't know of playing with those wild dudes though....who wan die

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

5 Yrs After Relocating To The U.K, Nigerian Doctor Shows Off His ‘blessing(pics) / Nigerians Deported From UK, Arrive Lagos, To Complete Their Jail In Kirikiri / My experience in Bahrain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.