Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) - Education (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) (139880 Views)

23 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria With Mind Blowing Fees / Top 10 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria. / Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 24, 2014
Can somebody post images of the schools,please!
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by kel4soft: 4:32pm On Aug 24, 2014
blink182: a friend did his A level there. Amazing school.

My younger graduated there.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 24, 2014
Orikinla: Many of these high brow private schools have unqualified teachers, because many of their teachers are not certified to teach.
When you have so many private schools with thousands of pupils in a country where there are no good colleges of education, you will end up with poorly tutored pupils in spite of the high tuition.
The best performing candidates in the JAMB UTME have not come from these high brow private secondary schools in Nigeria.
. #haba.......#habatically,stop hating for Gods sake,the fact that u weren't able to attend such schools doesn't mean u should destroy them with ur mouth,and how on earth did u know there teachers aren't qualified enough?would u have rejected the offer had it been ur parent enrolled u in such skuls,let's just pray to God to make us rich to send our kids to those noticeable skuls.at least u can't eat ur money,and u have to spend it on this earth.and the fact that u said goat and dog skuls performs beta than them is like u looking for consolation,bro those skuls aren't expensive if money dey.....my advice

3 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by OLAMIND1(m): 4:37pm On Aug 24, 2014
50calibre:

Lol better than dying of poverty.

Now this is what I call 'being sarcastic'

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Thespecialone(m): 4:40pm On Aug 24, 2014
Poverty mentality at its peak. Because some parents can afford to send their kids to expensive schools and others can't, they have now become a target of unfair criticism. Either you work hard and get enough money to send your children to good schools or quietly send them to the ones you can afford. It's not a must that you must send your child to an expensive school for a good education. There are cheap good schools around but quit poverty mentality and stop attacking those who can afford it afterall #IsItYourMoney?

5 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by 50calibre(m): 4:42pm On Aug 24, 2014
Ademolapaul: . Bro u are so on point,nigerians are fond of hating once they are not able to meet up with a certain standard and its actually drawing us back.u keep hitting them.they are always seeking consolation.I am also reasoning with u the same way #50calibre..I dey ur back....#get rich or die trying.God bless u

Lol thanks bro!!

you know them very well, once something is out of their league, they criticise it.

Post a thread of most expensive cars or phones or whatever, you'd see people calling it vanity, or asking how it differs from the ordinary ones.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Thespecialone(m): 4:45pm On Aug 24, 2014
Poverty is a bad thing sha. Kai! See venomous comments every where.

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 24, 2014
daryoor: that feeling when you hear a picture is worth..100,000 dollars...then you say ordinary picture!

that feeling when you hear a wrist watch is worth 70,000 dollars..the you yell : e dey tell pass time?!!!

i do say i will never spend more than xxxx naira on a shirt but the fact is that im cursing myself. i have never seen anyone that carries his or her money to heaven...if i have the money i will buy 1 billion dollars wine and use it to wash my hands and post the picture on instagram

#confirm,nigerians don't like seeing people doing better than them,u just spoke my mind....as for me o my kids must attend those skuls
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by 50calibre(m): 4:53pm On Aug 24, 2014
blink182: Dude let's be real, do you see any potentials in that guy? Talk of measuring up with Dangote. Dangote is worth almost N5trn, do you think mediocrity and self pity can get anyone there?

People should start thinking about being richer than the richest obscure millionaire in their town before they start shouting Dangote. Dangote is nobody's mate when it comes to gross worth and ability to create wealth.

True talk!! Dangote has become a paradigm for most of these guys, they fail to take into account various factors.

Dangote is a one off, the kind that comes once in a generation or two. These folks need to start setting realistic goals for themselves. Dangote is still in his 50s & worth about $25 billion, (a growth of more than $10billion in the last 5 years) yet they think is by magic or wishful thinking.

2 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by crisycent: 5:10pm On Aug 24, 2014
You don't need these high tuition fees to become brilliant, if you are able to attend a decent school, hire a private tutor if need be and read your books, my broda nobody is born dull or brilliant.

3 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 24, 2014
kel4soft:

My younger graduated there.
men that place is a five star hotel. When my friend got there he said when he saw his first dinner, he ate almost everything thinking maybe it was initial niceness on the part of the school. By his third week there he got fed up and settled in to the unnecessarily large meals.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by lovinam: 5:22pm On Aug 24, 2014
Hahahahahahha. Pls o whch school is that. These new schools are like thbat when it comes to feeding. Thjey pamper the kids well. Its like home away from home.
blink182: men that place is a five star hotel. When my friend got there he said when he saw his first dinner, he ate almost everything thinking maybe it was initial niceness on the part of the school. By his third week there he got fed up and settled in to the unnecessarily large meals.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Izzyizzie(m): 5:42pm On Aug 24, 2014
My 4years 4 University no cost reach #1m...
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Jarus(m): 5:45pm On Aug 24, 2014
50calibre:

You're missing the point, this isn't just about the academics, it's about the whole package.

In terms of quality, you can't compare those schools to the average Nigerian school, the environment, the teachers, the facilities, the intellectual level, the pattern of learning.... are miles ahead of Nigerian standards.

Those schools are for the creme de la creme, no wannabe thugs, no poor people & most likely no bullies. Every kid is such school comes from an upper class, there kids develop network of important friends which comes handy in life. That's why you'd notice people of an upper class belong to a certain clique, these are where those cliques are formed.

People who send their kids there are not fools, if you got the money, send your kids there.

The reason why Bukola Saraki (son of Olusola Saraki) married Toyin Ojora (son of Billionaire Adekunle Ojora)

Why son of IBB married daughter of Indimi

Why Bola Shagaya's son marries Atiku's daughter

Etc

You won't find a poor man where they are.

That said, I believe it's a waste of money. For a Dangote I agree, at least for security reason (Dangote's daughter can't go to just any school, for risk of kidnap); but all these middle-level Managers in companies that live in Lekki/Ikoyi and spend such fortune on educating of their children, it's a waste IMO.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by MisterLongman(m): 5:53pm On Aug 24, 2014
HarrveySpecter: There's one in Ogun, forgotten the name. In a village there fa! Pays way more than all this listed.
That should be Day watermann based in kobape village in Ogun state along Abeokuta-sagamu expressway
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by MisterLongman(m): 5:56pm On Aug 24, 2014
oliidell: Something tells me this list is faulty. All the schools u listed are in Lagos. There are equally expensive schools in other Nigerian cities and the FCT.
No mind am.... Am sure NTIC fees are more costly
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Bluemoon1(f): 5:57pm On Aug 24, 2014
i never said they aren't good. I'm trying to back up what i said about everyone ending up in the same university irrespective of the secondary school they attended. And what i'd rather do with that much money, than spend it on a secondary school education.
itstpia1:

The federal universities rank as ivy league, technically.

The fact that students from all walks of life, both rich and poor, attend them, doesn't mean they aren't good.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Diamondamsel(f): 6:00pm On Aug 24, 2014
kel4soft: Lifefort, Ibadan pays 1.2million naira

oyo state gov. Children are attendin dt sch
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by t2luv1: 6:01pm On Aug 24, 2014
Some of those fees are more than what you might pay to attend some University in US in a year. I am talking including room, food and tuition. In fact I am pretty sure University of South Carolina cost about $15000 to send a child per year.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by jasmines(f): 6:07pm On Aug 24, 2014
daryoor: that feeling when you hear a picture is worth..100,000 dollars...then you say ordinary picture!
that feeling when you hear a wrist watch is worth 70,000 dollars..the you yell : e dey tell pass time?!!!
i do say i will never spend more than xxxx naira on a shirt but the fact is that im cursing myself. i have never seen anyone that carries his or her money to heaven...if i have the money i will buy 1 billion dollars wine and use it to wash my hands and post the picture on instagram

50calibre:
True talk!! Dangote has become a paradigm for most of these guys, they fail to take into account various factors.
Dangote is a one off, the kind that comes once in a generation or two. These folks need to start setting realistic goals for themselves. Dangote is still in his 50s & worth about $25 billion, (a growth of more than $10billion in the last 5 years) yet they think is by magic or wishful thinking.

GBAM!!!!!!!!
1million likes, hugs etc for you both.
As my mum will say, if you accept that what happened to me is a good thing, it will definitely reach you, but if you beef and give reasons why it's bad, it will never reach you. God ain't partial. Why should he give you what you feel is bad.
Very common in Naija, we are used to them.

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by tomakint: 6:17pm On Aug 24, 2014
Popshugz: Romeichs international school offa garage, ilorin. pays a huge amount also. dey re jxt like 4 classes in each grade and ve about 12 students in each of duz classes. D students also go on excursions and vacations in d u.k and u.s anually. #CONFAM
Popshugz, it is Roemichs not Romeichs. I once taught students there in ICT. It is indeed the best school in the whole of Kwara State....Sapati comes next, but not yet in the league of schools the Op is talking about.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by presley64(m): 6:17pm On Aug 24, 2014
Wow
My secondary school made the list.... grin
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by bigtt76(f): 6:20pm On Aug 24, 2014
@iwonbaoko and @50calibre students of these schools don't throw tantrums in public like you two are doing now tongue thats the advantage!

iwonbaoko: So that is the best you can say ? Your mother will die of cancer
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by hausadreturn(m): 6:25pm On Aug 24, 2014
oliidell:

Just to straighten this out, Odimegwu Ojukwu is not an ex Etonian. He attended Kings College Lagos, slapped a white teacher for humiliating a black lady, jailed briefly, expelled-I think, then sent off to Epsom College, Surrey, UK.
The only Nigerians I'm sure attended Eton are: Tokunbo Akintola- Ladoke Akintola's Son,Tedum Saro Wiwa-Ken Saro Wiwa's son and Tomiwa Edun-Sir Elyan in 'Merlin'

Eton College is located at Berkshire, Near Windsor. It is a boys boarding school that has churned out a good percentage of british royals and aristocrats. David Cameron is the 19th Etonian Prime Minister. Eton College to me is like an Ivy-League High school and it's surely a class symbol cos the british aristocracy is a closed group.
i guess i mixed it up...my bad.
If he slapped a teacher or thereabout, why still admit him in England since they had close links?
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by musaibnabdul(m): 6:33pm On Aug 24, 2014
neyobills:

Chop knuckle jawe man wey sabi
dem they craze mak dem come c how we dey break ajebo to pako.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 24, 2014
lovinam: Hahahahahahha. Pls o whch school is that. These new schools are like thbat when it comes to feeding. Thjey pamper the kids well. Its like home away from home.
Life forte Ibadan.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by presley64(m): 6:36pm On Aug 24, 2014

Take it easy,if u don't respext ur mum,respect oda women
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by TAKETWO: 6:48pm On Aug 24, 2014

And what about your own mother ignorant fool? Why are there so many uncultured elements on Nairaland?
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Rexsoko(m): 6:55pm On Aug 24, 2014
The only advantage i think the students have is speaking with their nose...#mtcheew!
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Aegon(m): 6:56pm On Aug 24, 2014
50calibre:

You're missing the point, this isn't just about the academics, it's about the whole package.

In terms of quality, you can't compare those schools to the average Nigerian school, the environment, the teachers, the facilities, the intellectual level, the pattern of learning.... are miles ahead of Nigerian standards.

Those schools are for the creme de la creme, no wannabe thugs, no poor people & most likely no bullies. Every kid is such school comes from an upper class, there kids develop network of important friends which comes handy in life. That's why you'd notice people of an upper class belong to a certain clique, these are where those cliques are formed.

People who send their kids there are not fools, if you got the money, send your kids there.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by abbakacici: 7:03pm On Aug 24, 2014
50calibre:

Hungry man!! You're not Dangote, (most people cannot and will not be Dangote) Dangote's Uncle was once the richest man in west Africa, who is the richest person in your family history?

Stop consoling yourself for your substandard education & face reality, work hard so you can afford your kids the luxury your parents couldn't afford you.
and dangote and rabiu the second richest primary school
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by TAKETWO: 7:06pm On Aug 24, 2014
crisycent: You don't need these high tuition fees to become brilliant, if you are able to attend a decent school, hire a private tutor if need be and read your books, my broda nobody is born dull or brilliant.

True talk! My daughter graduated with a first class in Finance and Accounting in a reputable university in the U.K and yet she attended a public primary school, secondary school and college for her A levels all in the U.K. She's been made to realise since when she was a toddler that educational excellence can only be achieved through hard work. You cannot pay over the odds for your kid's education without motivation and input from you the parent and yet expect your kid to achieve academic excellence.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Futminna 2012/2013 Aspirants, Lets Meet Here. / Secondary School Girls Caught Twerking And Grinding On Male Students & Kissing / 2014/2015 UNIBEN Postgraduate Aspirants,lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.